Start by marking “The Massive, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
The Massive, Volume 1

The Massive, Volume 1

(The Massive #1-3)

In a post-war, post-crash, post-disaster, post-everything world, the environmental-action trawler Kapital scours the earth’s oceans for its mysteriously missing sister ship, The Massive. This first ever library edition collects The Massive issues #0–#15 in a beautiful hardcover.
Hardcover, Library Edition, 400 pages
Published May 24th 2016 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about The Massive, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Massive, Volume 1

Andy
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, graphic-novels
Although I really enjoyed reading this same material in trade paperback a couple of years ago, I enjoyed this hardcover library edition even more. Initially I was a bit skeptical about some of the plot devices and wasn't wild about the change in artists and art styles, but I'm beginning to think the book may be much stronger than I originally thought. I can't wait for the second library edition volume.
Brendan
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels

Brian Wood was relatively new to me until DMZ came along, I have since hunted down other stories. The Massive is a very different book, it's one that sits on the fence of dystopia and the environment, a very odd mixture. I liked the book, it's an enigma wrapped in a treasure hunt storyline that has a topic that is super hot at the moment. I'm glad I have this series to finish.

The storyline is a little hit and miss but the characters are the key here, they save this from becoming a melodramati
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

The Massive Library Edition is a large size, luxury compilation of the first part of this Eisner-award winning dystopian series. There are a lot of ideas here - explorations of environmental disasters, humanity, and love/loss. Author Wood reaches deep and wide; and though it is a very uneven series, it definitely keeps a reader riveted. This compilation does end abruptly and without much resolution of the plot. But the b
Madeleine Holly-Rosing
I’ve wanted to read this for a while so I found it most auspicious when I was offered the chance to review the TPB of Volume One (Library Edition). It possesses many of the things I like in a story: scifi, mystery, and a post-apocalyptic world. Written by Brian Wood with most of the art done by Kristian Donaldson and Garry Brown, it offers up a world not far off from our own.

Callum Israel is a disillusioned mercenary who leaves his life of violence to found a group called the Ninth Wave. Refurbi
Leif
Nov 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-read
Decent ec0-techno-thriller-whateverer. This volume ends just when things start to get interesting. If Vol 2 doesn't start edging away from what it is doing now, I will give up on the series.
Adam
Adam
Jun 19, 2016
Aaron
Jul 30, 2017
Brian Wood's history of published work includes nearly thirty volumes of genre-spanning original material.

From the 1500-page future war epic DMZ, the ecological disaster series The Massive, the American crime drama Briggs Land, the blistering youth culture action trilogy The Couriers, and the groundbreaking lo-fi dystopia Channel Zero, Wood has a proven track record of marrying socially-conscious

The Massive (6 books)