Start by marking “Good Intentions (Brian's Secret, #1)” as Want to Read:
Good Intentions (Brian's Secret, #1)

Good Intentions (Brian's Secret, #1)

When his plane touches down in Portland, all Brian Palmer is expecting to do is wink, flash a smile and close another deal. That all changes when he sees Cassie sitting outside the airport, scared, hurt and alone. He approaches her with nothing but good intentions...

That chance encounter triggers a series of events which will repeatedly test Brian's character, values and
Published November 17th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Good Intentions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Intentions

Start your review of Good Intentions (Brian's Secret, #1)
Saarah Niña
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Older adults
Shelves: favourites
Heartbreakingly sensitive

I would never recommend this audio book. But not for the usual reasons that it was poorly written. No, instead because it wrenched my heart to the point that I am still questioning what I would do, were I in Bryan's situation. I am feeling such unbearable confusion, I simply don't know what to feel.

From the beginning, the character Cassie was the villain, I saw her as a marriage breaker and had a very low opinion of her- I certainly wanted her out of the picture. But
April
"This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of Audiobook Blast."

The plot of this book is good, I felt it building from the start.I could feel the protaganist acting good to begin and then his confusion and guilt for what had happened.

I was glad to see this is part one of a trilogy, because of the abrupt ending of this part. I really love reoccurring characters and a deeper story line.

The narration was very good.
Maria Burgess
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I really enjoyed this book. I can not wait for the next installment of this series to be released. What will Brian be up to now
Jeff
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first, Brian's behavior made sense, but as the story progressed, his decisions became less reasonable and more contrived. Given her history, Cassie's reaction near the end didn't make much sense either. Still, it was a good, but sad story, although I think it really had to end the way it did.

Neal Arango delivered a satisfactory performance, albeit overly melodramatic in places.

Note: I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Ted
Kim Friant
Robert
Dec 03, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Update presale cover with release cover 1 13 Nov 14, 2015 04:06PM
Donnie J Burgess was born in Roseburg, Oregon in 1974. His first novel, In the Shadow of Angels, was released in March 2015. This thriller has been well received, earning a 5 star ranking from Reader's Favorite and maintaining 4.8/5 ranking on both Amazon and on Goodreads. His second release, Good Intentions -part one of the 'Brian's Secret' story line- released in November, 2015.

Burgess is cur