Start by marking “Trust & Confidence (D.C. Files, #2)” as Want to Read:
Trust & Confidence (D.C. Files, #2)

Trust & Confidence

(D.C. Files #2)

It's been ten years, they are supposed to be over this.

Michael Lorne has worked for years to be where he is right now – on a protection detail for the White House chief of staff. But then his whole world turns upside down when he bumps into the one person he thought he would never see again. His childhood best friend, his first love, the one who got away.

After a stint of w
Published November 13th 2015 by MLR Press

To ask other readers questions about Trust & Confidence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust & Confidence

Gigi
I am such a fan of the first book in this series To Serve and Protect that I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. The second book had a lot of new information about MCs Blake and Sam and daughter Olivia and it was so great to see them again. The big problem with Trust & Confidence? One word: Adam.

Adam is a journalist who owns and operates a very successful D.C. political blog. He grew up with Michael and the two were inseparable from grade school until the end of high school. When they
Ami
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Serve & Protect - the first book in this series - and when I read the summary for this one, I just knew that I had to read it. Second-chance romance is like a catnip for me. Dangle it in front of me and I usually will be very tempted to read it. Plus the cover promises interracial couple, which I always welcome as part of romance-diversity.

Well, I will say that this is my favorite Linden’s book so far. It’s not without flaws though – and for me, thy name is Adam Davis. I am very ce
Leseparatist
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, owned
This series only gets better, apparently. Before I started reading, I'd made the mistake of taking a look at a few reviews and thus I gained an entirely wrong set of expectations. After the supremely fluffy and cute DC #1, the reviews suggested (threatened?) a much angstier tale, with a supposedly jerk-like protagonist. That... was not at all how I read the book.

The story takes "the one who got away" trope that I've seen time and again in f/m romances and applies it to the couple of protagonist
Morgan  Skye
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Michael and Adam were friends and first “loves” when they were in high school. They broke up when high school ended and each went in a different direction. Now they’ve met again – 10 years later. Michael works for Sam as security and Adam is a political journalist on a blog.

The two try dating again and the sexual chemistry is hotter than ever. But Adam’s priorities need to be revisited and he ends up hurting Michael again and again.

Adam eventually pulls his head out and figures out what’s really
ConM
Michael deserved better.
Avid Reader
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Trust & Confidence (DC Files #2) by Megan Linden
4 stars
M/M second chance romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Inked Rainbow Reads.

I enjoyed the first book of this series and knew that I would want to continue with this series.

Let me start by saying Adam will never win boyfriend of the year awards in this story. He was very hard for me to like. Not only was he cowardly ten years prior in his relationship with Michael, but he was cowardly again in the present relationship. I wa
Kara
Dec 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I have not read the previous books in this series and I was not lost at all reading this one so it can be read as a stand alone.

Adam is a journalist in Washington, D.C where Michael who he was in a previous relationship with before works on a protection detail.

Now I will say this story really dragged a lot for me and honestly I am not really a huge fan of unneeded drama or what feels like it. Well there were a few parts in this book that really felt like that to me to be honest. The whole I wa
Lynnette Hartwig
I loved the first book and was glad to see that there was going to be a second book and I couldn’t wait to read it. The got to visit with MC’s of the first book and was glad to see everyone was doing really well. I immediately connected with Michael and was flabbergasted to hear the story behind Michael and Adam. Needless to say, Adam didn’t win any awards from me because of the way he treated Michael. I just didn’t feel any connection with Adam and that was even more so when Adam again left Mic ...more
Ariana
Mar 12, 2016
Heather
Mar 28, 2016

D.C. Files (5 books)
  • Seek & Find (DC Files #1)
  • Cherish & Give  (DC Files, #1.5)
  • Press & Hold (DC Files #3)
  • True & False (DC Files Book 4)