Start by marking “The Fall Up (The Fall Up, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fall Up (The Fall Up, #1)

The Fall Up

(The Fall Up #1)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  8,758 Ratings  ·  1,211 Reviews
I wanted to jump.
He made me fall.

As a celebrity, I lived in the public eye, but somewhere along the way, I’d lost myself in the spotlight.

Until he found me.

Sam Rivers was a gorgeous, tattooed stranger who saved my life with nothing more than a simple conversation.

Published October 20th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Fall Up, please sign up.
Aly Martinez The ebook and paperback will be released on October 26. <3 Amazon and B&N online will have it.
Aimee I'm not 100 percent sure what you mean by the writing style as I have discovered this means different things to different people. However, the editing…moreI'm not 100 percent sure what you mean by the writing style as I have discovered this means different things to different people. However, the editing is done well. There are no glaring plot holes. The characters develop nicely. There is some themes contained in the novel that some people might find difficult to read about (death and suicide). I hope this answers your question. If it does not and you elaborate I will try and answer your question.(less)

Christy
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 'Beer & Chicken' stars!

photo 9B66E351-E4DD-429F-80F1-AC18BB2C4E29_zpsld1ppn1u.jpg

I haven’t read a ton of Aly Martinez books, but I feel like I need to read more. Every one I’ve read has been a winner for me. Her writing style is beautiful and the emotion mixed with the humor makes this it my favorite kind of read. The Fall Up is an unconventional love story between the most unlikely pair, Sam and Levee. They meet by chance, but it feels like more than that. It feels like it was meant to be.

Sam is on the bridge, smoking a cigarette and thinking.
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::

WOW!!! I loved everything about this book!!! From the moment I started reading, I was hooked. It had the perfect balance of a gorgeous romance, heart-melting swoon, sexy hotness, hilarious banter, and incredibly deep emotions, that all came together in a unique love story loaded with feels!! I couldn’t put it down, can’t stop thinking about it, and highly recommend it to every romance reader!! This is easily one of my favorite books of 2015!!

I wanted to jump. He ma
Mysza
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read

I adored this book! It will steal your hearts and leave you happy. I had a goofy smile throughout reading it, Sam & Levee and every other character in this book will swoon you. One of top 2015 readings!
”There isn't a woman in the world who doesn't have demons of some sort. No matter who I end up with, it's always going to be a struggle. Levee, I'd like to struggle with you.”

It was raining... they met on the bridge.... Levee in her designer shoes... and Sam, tattooed hot stuff with a ciga
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 "And falling..." STARS

description

Aly Martinez delivered a standalone story that I can guarantee readers will read from cover to cover and still want more. She drew me in with the plot and the hero and heroine’s incredibly written banter.

On the edge of a San Francisco bridge, pop princess, Levee Williams, contemplates her life and a tattooed smoking hottie, Sam Rivers tries to talk her down. Two souls on a bridge night after night, one lost in the pain of his past and the other overwhelmed by loss and a
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Stars

My career was soaring while, personally, I was plummeting. Every single day felt like a terrifying free fall in no particular direction. I was stuck in the middle with no way up- or down.

It's not secret that I love all things Aly Martinez. The woman can do no wrong in my eyes. Between her emotional stories, captivating multi-dimensional characters, and incredible romances, I will never get enough of her books. But this one? This wonderful, beautiful, unforgettable book? She simply out
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author in Exchange For An Honest Review}

In that moment, the perpetual free fall was no match for the way he made me feel.
I was still falling at unstoppable speeds--only, in his arms, as his body claimed me without a single word spoken, I was suddenly falling...up.

photo image 1_zpsmkpylvod.jpg

This is a story of two people who come from very different worlds but who couldn't be more perfect for each other. Despite their differences, they have quite a few things in common, some
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

"I'd like to struggle with you."

➦This is a very sweet story about two people who meet on the bridge for two entirely different reasons. A story about a celebrity super star and a regular down to earth kind of guy. A story of falling in love and healing.

"I hardly know you, but I want to keep you."

❤This book was just my cup of tea. I loved the main characters, how they got to know each other while meeting on that bridge. Levee exposed her real self that she was hiding under her celebrity f
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Oh My Goodness. 5 stars isn't enough for this amazing book!!! :)

Well, let's see why I loved it so much. :-D

* Smart
* Cute
* Kind
* Thoughtful
* Soooo good with his mouth and hands
* Piercing (view spoiler)
* Tattoos. A lot of tattoos. :-)

As you can see, it's impossible to resist this guy. Especially with his piercing and tattoos. He got me with that stuff. :-D

S.M. West
5 "Designer Shoes" STARS

“It was raining? Isn’t that the way all great love stories start?”

Absolutely AWESOME! I adored this one. This was my first Aly Martinez book - I have some of her other books on my TBR and I so can't wait to read them now!

photo image.jpg2_zpsrryr92ja.jpg

“She wasn’t the princess. And I wasn’t the pauper. She was just a sad girl who liked to write songs. And I was nothing more than a simple guy who was lucky enough to have made her fall in love with him.”

This was one of those stories that consumed me. It
Sleepless Readmore
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.
4.5 #BeerAndChicken STARS

Sam and Livee
description

My life was fine. My job was fine.
My house was fine. My love life was fine.
My friends were fine. God, I was sick of fucking fine,
I needed something-anything-to be great.

"You haven't even seen my six-pack and huge cock, yet."
"You brought beer and chicken?"

description

I'm gonna put a hit out on her!
Okay, hold on there, Tony Soprano.
No one's putting a hit on anyone. I paused.
Just to be clear, you don't have those kind of
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **beer and chicken** STARS

“Take me home and let me struggle with you.”

That was one delightful read and it sure lived up to the gorgeous cover and the hype. The Fall Up was my second book by Aly Martinez and also my favourite so far. A beautiful love story, hilarious banter and oh so heartwarming. Really a well rounded feel good read with an important message.

“Once upon a time...I fell in love with Spiderman. #TrueStory”

It took Sam Rivers three nights watching the girl with the blonde w
Brandi
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

I've had a rough week, but I seriously have the most wonderful book friends!
Especially, the lovely Jennifer! Thanks for the gift!
Love you <33
Her review had me sold! <3
Jennifer Kyle's Review
Amy (Foxy)
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
”It was raining.
Isn’t that the way all great love stories start? And also usually end?” Awe, it does seem like some of the great love scenes happen in the rain. Levee and Sam’s story starts on a raining night on a bridge. Both of them are there for different reasons. Sam’s there to ponder life when he see’s Levee and wonders if she’s there to jump.

’My career was soaring while, personally, I was plummeting.’
Levee has everything a little kids dream of -> being rich and famous. But behind
Eliza

Title: The Fall Up
Series: Standalone
Author: Aly Martinez
Release date: 26th October, 2015
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo 2D7C69C2-8AF7-4F86-A925-DEE1BF99CCD2_zps0lwnreon.jpg

It’s a wonder why Levee Williams, one of the most successful and recognizable singers of her generation should be on a bridge in the dead of night in a disguise contemplating the unthinkable.

Sam Rivers comes to the bridge to think, it’s his place of solace when the pain the of past gets too much. On this night however, he encounters a woman with clea
Lisa Jayne
Oct 08, 2015 rated it liked it
THREE SAM RIVERS STARS

"Could we find a reason to hold on as life constantly pulled us down?"

description

To say I was ecstatic to read this book would be a gross understatement. You only have to go as far as looking at the front cover of this book to get excited about this novel and as far as this author's reputation takes her, let's just say I was more than ready to make some room in my diary to get wrapped up in the latest by Aly Martinez. Well written and full of creative spirit 'The fall up' is more of
Sabrina
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Has life ever gotten to be too much? Like you can't breathe and you would do anything to be able to escape the feeling? That's how Levee Williams felt the night she walked up to that bridge, close to the edge, and just breathed. Just one easy breathe is all she needed, a way to get away from the people that want so much of her soul.

Sam Rivers is on the bridge smoking his cigarette and thinking. He was fine...just fine. But he's tired of just being fine, he wants more from his life. And as he's
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
*Available now! Amazon US * Amazon UK *

Levee Williams and Sam Rivers are from different worlds, one is a megastar and the other is a humble self employed carpenter. The heroine's fragile persona is on the verge of shattering and as her story and feelings emerge the reader discovers how and why she has the power to shatter our leading man.

The supporting characters, in the form of the protagonist's best friends, offer a further level of interest to the story. I love the depiction of their easy
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 3.78910 Stars ★★★★

When Aly Martinez said she was going to write a standalone contemporary romance I must admit, I didn't really take much notice of the blurb, I just trusted her to write a fabulous book and so I went in blind and I am happy to say that I am glad I trusted my instincts because The Fall Up was a highly enjoyable and satisfying read.

Levee Williams is a hugely famous pop princess with a very successful career under her belt for such a young age. She has it all, but for some re
warhawke
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone Book 1 of The Fall Up series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Levee Williams was a burnt out, highly successful and popular pop star. Every night in a disguise, she walked up a bridge, contemplating the direction of her life, until one day a handsome stranger tethered her to the ground.

Sam Rivers was a complete opposite from her. The creative, charming and funny tatted man had his own inner demon to fight. He was determined to save her even knowing t
Dee Montoya
FIVE STARS*****

(ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

This was my first Aly Martinez book ever and it was definitely love at first read!!!

The subject matter of this book is very serious yet the author managed to write it in a way that wasn't heavy or overly sad; on the contrary, she made it sweet and very inspiring. I totally fell in love with the characters and this incredible story.

photo e3031ce7-7840-4039-9e3b-012711549912_zpsnqjpz6cf.jpg

Levee Williams is an international Pop Star. She is wil
Kim Bailey
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I've put off writing this review ... I'm really not sure what to say. I liked this book. Everyone else seemed to LOVE this book. For me, it was a solid story with an interesting premise and a set of well-developed characters. Things happened that were good. Things happened that were bad.

In comparison to Ms. Martinez's On the Ropes series, in my opinion, this book was not nearly as impactful or moving. I was not blown away by the writing or the story, but I did like it.

Is it bad to be
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Fall Up was a fascinating tale about 2 lost souls finding each other at inopportune times. It was sweet, hilarious and a very emotional read. It was also smoking hot and fun. A perfect mix of romance and drama. I literally fell in love with this new book by Aly Martinez.

Sam and Levee meet on a rainy night on a bridge. One is there trying to let go of his guilt while the other is on the edge of collapsing and seeks an escape. Both with a secret need for tethering to somethi
Cristina
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about a book that made me cry with a smile on my face?

description

It's been a while since reading a book has brought up so many emotions in me and living Levee and Sam's story with them made me feel more grateful for everyone that I have in my life.

description

I loved the fact that the author approaches the subject of depression and how people with it struggle to live through each day.

Why?

Well...how would you fell viewing the world like this every day?

description

Only in black and white...

description

Not being able to sleep o
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Li xB by sb_zpsamwuwffk.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (6/18/2017)

Stand-alone book 1.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/Fall-Up-Aly-Ma...

BLURB:
I wanted to jump.
He made me fall.

Until he found me.

But we were both standing on that bridge for a reason the night we met. The secrets of our pasts brought us together—and the
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 21dfb77ea675f12aaa7f2644be138d_zps5xkz4oac.gif

"I was still falling at unstoppable speeds- only in his arms, as his body claimed me without a single word spoken, I was suddenly falling....up"

Aly Martinez... If you wanted me to fall, then you have succeeded. I have indeed fallen. Fallen in love with your writing, stories, characters, and the raw emotions that you evoked through your words. And I will continue to fall for your books every single time. Aly's books has been somewhat an addi
Catarina
4 Falling Stars.

Levee is a famous pop princess, that despite appareling having the perfect life to the public, she feels like she’s drowning and she’s battling her own ghosts.
Sam Rivers finds himself still battling with his past and realizing his life is not where he wanted it to be.
They meet each other on the top of a bridge one time, him because he needs to clear his head, she because she wants to get rid of her ghosts for good. Something change with them when they met, because despite the
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Five "Beer and Chicken" Stars!

photo 82902BE5-2F2F-4F8D-A126-2B26A6282B19_zpswm0h8xpu.jpg

The Fall Up
just took the prize for my favorite Aly Marinez book! And knocking a hot, stacked fighter (sorry Flint Page) off that shelf is no easy feat... but Sam Rivers takes the prize for one helluva perfect book boyfriend.

Levee Williams met Sam on top of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. Two people trying to find solace, peace, however they can from their grieving and broken hearts. Sam is instantly drawn to helping Designer Shoes as it appears she's a st
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
*****5 Stars*****

description

“The perpetual free fall was no match for the way he made me feel. I was still falling at unstoppable speeds – only, in his arms, as his body claimed me without a single word spoken, I was suddenly falling…up.”

Wow, what a beautiful story written with such emotion which had me captivated from the first page. I’ve read a few of Aly Martinez books’ in the past and they have all been really enjoyable. Her writing is always enthralling and filled with emotion, romance, laugh-out-lo
Amanda
5 stars

This book is exceptionally great in everyway. I think everyone should come and meet Sam Rivers.

From the blurb, I thought is gonna be some heavy read. But even with the seriousness of the underlying message within the story, this book is filled with so much humor and laughter.

Levee and Sam are two strangers that met on the same bridge every night. It might sounds like a start to a romantic story, but the reason they both standing there in the first place is not anything to be proud of. Bo
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ

***5 Free Fall Stars***

description

The Fall Up is a beautiful inspirational love story of two people from different walks of life but fighting the same daemons of the past. But mostly this story is character driven, right in the beginning we are introduced to the characters and the bizarre circumstances they meet, from there it’s only about how they shape each other’s life, help fight the ragging battle with their own self, and most importantly to love incalculably which fuels their life, becomes the reason
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • Beyond What is Given (Flight & Glory, #3)
  • Kane's Hell
  • Slave to the Rhythm (The Rhythm, #1)
  • Hearts of Blue (Hearts, #4)
  • Heart-Shaped Hack (Kate and Ian, #1)
  • Middle of Knight (Jack & Jill, #2)
  • Priceless (Forbidden Men, #8)
  • Wicked Dix (Hard Love Romance, #2)
  • How to Save a Life (Dreamcatcher, #1)
  • The Play
  • A Kind of Truth (A Kind of Stories, #1)
  • Thirty Nights (American Beauty, #1)
  • Athica Lane (Carpino, #3)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • So Much More
  • Newly Exposed
  • The Fifteenth Minute (The Ivy Years, #5)
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

The Fall Up (2 books)
  • The Spiral Down (The Fall Up, #2)
“There isn’t a woman in the world who doesn’t have demons of some sort. No matter who I end up with, it’s always going to be a struggle.” I kissed her hair again, letting it linger as if my lips were able to transfer the truth of my words. “Levee, I’d like to struggle with you.” 16 likes
“There must be a million women throwing themselves at you. How are you not married with a boatload of kids by now?"

His smile spread impossibly wide. "I hadn't met you yet.”
12 likes