Start by marking “Ash and the Prince” as Want to Read:
Ash and the Prince

Read Book* *Different edition

Ash and the Prince

Ashley "Ash" Prince hates using magic, but that doesn't stop her mother from forcing lessons on her. She resists except when it helps her stepbrother, Charlie.

Charlie is sick and none of the doctors knows why. When Ash has a witch dream, she is determined to find the elusive and rare Ghost Orchid-a flower that could be the key to saving him. Her mother begs her not to go
Published October 9th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published July 21st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Ash and the Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ash and the Prince

Ibukun
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m usually very picky about my fantasy reads, so I was wary when it came to reading Ash and the Prince. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it far more than I expected to. As far as “Cinderella retellings” go, I won’t exactly classify this as a typical retelling. The story is filled with enchantment and a bit of… mystery??
Ash would do anything for her ailing step brother; even if it means putting herself in danger. What she doesn’t realise is that Charlie’s illness is not the natural kind. When sh
Christine Rains
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ashley Prince isn't lazy, she just doesn't want to use magic. Except in matters helping her younger stepbrother, Charlie. Ash feels helpless when Charlie falls ill and nears death. The answer to saving him comes to Ash in a Witch Dream, but her mother forbids her from seeking the cure which is in a rare flower called a Ghost Orchid. Ash takes off to find it and finds help in the form of a cute barista named Jason. The closer she gets to finding the flower, greater horrors are revealed about Char ...more
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Ash and the Prince is Katie’s first book and it was very excellent. It had me on my seats edge throughout the entire book. I would have gotten it finished earlier if it hadn’t been for a few things that needed to be taken care of around the house.

I loved how she incorporated the retelling of a classic fairytale, magic, love both romantic and familial, secrets, and a heroine that keeps true to being herself.

The first thing that she incorporated into her book is the retelling of Cinderella. She re
Kristine (The Writer's Inkwell)
Posted originally on my blog:
The Writer's Inkwell

So I have to admit, I was a bit dense when it came to this particular novella. This happens from time to time, but as I read it, I couldn't figure out how it was a reimagined version of Cinderella. This is actually a good thing, because it's far too common for it to be overly obvious in books and I'm a bit fan of a book that can make you think.

The author has created a smart, fun and entertaining novella about a young girl, Ash who is desperate to
Katie Doyle
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Of course, I'm biased, but I loved writing this book. The idea of it came from a discussion with my husband about the practicality of glass slippers. From there, the idea evolved until I decided I had to write it.

It started as a serial for the A to Z Blogging Challenge in April of 2014. The people who read it asked if I was going to publish it and if I was going to write another one. I honestly hadn't thought about it. After enough people asked, I decided I would.

If you're a fan of magic, advent
Megan Rang
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I won this book as a Goodreads Giveaway! This book packed in a great story for being a short novella. It was full of action. I liked the fantasy witch characters. I would recommend this to anyone who likes fantasy stories.
Glinda Harrison
Toni Michelle-Editor
Laurie Bergh
Colleen
  • Ride It Out
  • Broken in Pieces (Wounded Hearts #1)
  • Runaway Heart: A Game of Hearts Novel
  • Finding Faith (The Black Mavericks MC, Book 2)
  • Beneath Your Beauty (Ecstasy Pictures #1)
  • Need You Now (Martha's Way, #2)
  • Operation: One Night Stand
  • Breaking Faith (The JackholeS #1)
  • Moonstruck [Blue Moon 1]
  • Emily's Protectors (The Protectors #2)
  • Alabama Skye (Gannon Family #1)
  • Untouchable (Siri's Saga #1)
  • Phoenix Bar (Steel Demons MC, #1)
  • No More Black Magic (Here Witchy Witchy, #1)
  • As You Wish
  • Torn
  • (Once) Again (Again, #2)
  • Unlike Any Other (Unexpected, #1)
Katie Doyle is an avid reader, writer of YA, NA, and Adult fiction, a mom to two tornadoes that resemble a ten and seven-year-old, and pet to a tuxedo cat named Oz and a German Shepherd/Boxer rescue named Charlie. If she's not reading, writing, or getting Oz out of a tree, she's watching TV with her husband and trying not to curse around her kids.