Start by marking “Out of Frame (In Focus #3)” as Want to Read:
Out of Frame (In Focus #3)

Out of Frame

(In Focus #3)

Romance trades the open road for the high seas in the latest from the author of Focus on Me and Trust the Focus...

Perpetually shy, Quinn Mathers is content to remain in the shadow of his brash best friend Jess Hartman. But before their college graduation, he and Jess have planned one last hurrah: a spring break Caribbean cruise.

And it won’t be just any cruise. On boar
Published March 15th 2016 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Out of Frame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of Frame

Start your review of Out of Frame (In Focus #3)
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!

description

'Out of Focus' is the third installment in Megan Erickson’s m/m series entitled 'In Focus' and can be read as a standalone even if you haven’t read the first two books. The first two installments are as awesome as this one, so they are definitely worth checking out. Once again, Megan Erickson delivered a sweet, enjoyable read. A great mix of heart and steam, 'Out of Focus' is an entertaining read, written really well with a great message I love to read about.

This third installment in
Gigi
Oct 16, 2015 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
I am putting this on the DNF shelf. Here are my reasons:

1. I try to stay away from romances between young men, usually teens, because I have a teenaged daughter who has many friends who are LGBTQ. And I love each and every one of them, but get skeeved out thinking about them in a sexual way. I'm 47 years old and am perfectly happy reading gay romances featuring men. With hair. And experience. Throw in a silver fox and I'm in my happy place. This book does not focus on a teen romance, rather a gr
Megan Erickson
Oct 13, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: m-m, my-books
If you've been following this series, then you know the first two books were single POV. You only got to hear from Landry and Riley in blog posts or emails.

I'd planned to do the same with this book. It was going to be all in Quinn's POV. But J.R... well he wasn't okay with that. He kept telling me his POV, and how scenes should be told by him, and so I listened. This book is dual POV and I hope you love it! Both of these characters really wormed their way into my heart.

Oh yeah, and it's spring b
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Solid 4 star read.

This one was a really nice, easy read.

Likable characters.

Entertaining story.

Some nice steam.

Low drama.

I blame real life on this crappy review! :)
.Lili.
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo image.jpg1_zpsqcx1osvw.jpg

This book left me resembling this gif:

photo 4204248kxK5gjZ9_zpsaefxuqqi.gif

Out of Frame is the installment of the In Focus Series. It focuses on reality star JR Butler and shy college student Quinn Mathers. The two meet on a cruise while JR's show is filming and Quinn and his best friend are on spring break. Due to life being complicated as it often is they know all they'll have is their time on the cruise. You see, under his contract JR cannot come out as bisexual, or he risks getting in legal trouble.

My highlights:

· Quinn. He had
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

"Life's too short to be something other than who you are."

This was a really sweet read about becoming your own person and basically...adulting. That transition can be daunting and scary, but with the right support system the steps are a little easier to take.

Jay and Quinn were so damn honest and cute together. The potential for drama was high, but thankfully the drama llama never boarded the cruise ship.

Quinn's friendship with Jess was almost a scene stealer, but they
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I found this to be a fun, sweet, and sexy story. This was one of those books that I seemed to like the characters more and more as I read further into the story. By the end of the story, I was cheering for things to work out for Quinn and J.R. which is exactly what I want to happen when I read a romance novel. This book is the third book in the In Focus series but I read it as a stand alone with no difficulty.

Quinn is going on a cruise with
Vanessa North
Reading this book was like being on the receiving end of the most wonderful hug from the oldest, dearest friend who knows you best in the world. Instant favorite. I can't recommend it enough.
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

A chance to let loose. A growing need to be one’s true self. Hard to resist attraction.

Cautious Quinn can finally relax and have fun with his BFF on their long awaited spring break trip. He’s tired of being the responsible one, the predictable, boring one. He’s ready to have a great time, all the while secretly ogling his reality TV crush from afar.

JR is tired of hiding who he is, tired of being pigeon-holed into a persona that’s not him. Quinn catches his eye and is the impetus to havi
Mandi Schreiner
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quote: "You are the cutest ginger on the seven seas."

I love this series by Megan Erickson, featuring road trip romance. This time, we leave the car at the dock and go cruising. J.R has been part of a reality show for the past year, traveling around the world with his cast mates.

Trip League was a reality show in its third season. The cast was billed as regular people picked to travel to exotic locales while being filmed. The cruise ship was this season's big send-off, a party before the
Meags
4 Stars

This story follows Quinn and his best friend Jess (both of whom we briefly met in Focus on Me) as they spend their final spring break partying it up on a Caribbean cruise.

Also on this cruise is the cast of the reality show Trip League, which includes the broody and enigmatic J.R. Butler. J.R. has always had big dreams of being an actor and he figures this reality show is a stop off on the way to bigger and better things. He's bisexual and proud of the fact, but when he joined the cast of
Karen
Sep 24, 2016 marked it as read-mm
Shelves: 2016-books-read
Rating & Review removed. ...more
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo 85fb404daa12f233e2fae64976b9cf_zpsltekydec.gif

Beautiful. Out of Frame by Megan Erickson was one of those reads that made you FALL IN LOVE with not just only the characters but the important message that LOVE IS LOVE . THIS BOOK. THIS AUTHOR. THESE CHARACTERS. THIS STORY. It was everything you would have wanted in a New Adult Contemporary Romance.

Megan Erickson did an amazing job with book. As an author, she showcased a love story that was full of heart, steam, and raw emotions
Meep
Mar 20, 2016 added it
Shelves: y-a
Rating removed, review spoilered.
I'm here for the books not the authors - but can't ignore the allegations.

Originally 2*

After reading Strong Signal I wanted to try something by Erickson, and this is a pleasant summer read, but it didn't make much of an impression.

The characters are described as young twenty-somethings in the blurb, but the whole story comes across very teenage, there's not enough grit there for me. There are details like JR wanting to pay his brother's medical bills (a fact thro
Elsbeth
Oct 18, 2015 rated it liked it

BR, March 16th with Paul and Sonia.

I didn't like this as much as the first two.. Probably has to do with the "me-being-uncomfortable-reading-sexscenes-my kids age".
I know the first two installments were about young people as well but Quinn and Jay really felt very young to me....

"The house didn't win. We did."

description

I am looking forward to Levi's book. He was awesome here.

1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I want to write a love poem to Megan Erickson. It will be about how she writes the best books, with the best characters, who have the best dialogue. How every single character she's ever written makes me want to carry them around in my pocket for hugs and smiles. How she must have the best heart in the whole world because her books make mine smile so big. And I will present it to her with all my *flails* and *squees* because…OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS, SHE DID IT AGAIN!

I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK.

I loved swee
Ami
(view spoiler) ...more
Kristie
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
The In Focus series has become one of my favorites. The journey that each character takes feels so real and honest. A discovery of themselves, who they are, what they want out of life, in a partner, and learning to love. Out of Frame is no different.

As Quinn goes on a fantastic spring break cruise with his best friend Jess, it’s a time of reflection for him. Yes, the cruise has the cast of a reality show on board. Yes, there are hi-jinks and games and fun times to be had. But at the core of the
Karla
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Debra
Another enjoyable entry in the series. This one wasn't as emotional or serious as Focus on Me and we move from road trip to cruise ship (although it seemed like a party cruise to nowhere as we never see anyone actually get off the ship).

Both JR/Jay (closeted bisexual reality show actor) and Quinn (soon to be college grad with a crush on JR) have decisions to make about their immediate future, and both have family concerns that are tangled up with those decisions. Their shipboard romance isn't ea
Gaby
Mar 28, 2016 added it
Review Removed.
Catherine
Note (added 11/03/2018):

In light of recent events, I can no longer recommend this book to my friends (or any reader, for that matter).

However, my Goodreads review space provides me an opportunity to rate and review books, expressing how they made me think, feel, question, or react at a particular moment in time. Sometimes, I use my review space to share stories about my life or comment on the world around me, drawing comparisons between myself and the characters and plot lines that I read abou
Trisha Harrington
Removing my review because of what has come to light.

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

“Even though I really liked the girls, I felt like I was lying to them. They’d be like, ‘Oh damn, that Idris Elba is fine,’ and I wanted to be like, ‘Fuck yeah, I know, right? I’d hit that.'”

Dude, she totally wrote that for me. Everyone online knows who I swoon for. Gosh I love Idris Elba so much!!!! Thank you for including that.(If you didn’t write that for me, don’t tell anyone you didn’t ;D). Meeting Quinn from book two and reading about his character in this book was a bit of a refreshment f
Tess
Oct 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: college

I love Megan Erickson's writing and I thought the first two books in this series were amazingly good, but this one didn't work nearly as well for me. I was skeptical from the get-go because of the reality show slant. I'm just not into reality shows at all. Or cruise ships for that matter. Did anyone else think it was weird that they did a week long Caribbean cruise but didn't seem to step off the ship once and there was no mention of being in port anywhere? The bigger issue was that I h
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

I adore Megan Erickson, but Out of Frame is actually the first book in the In Focus series I’ve read. From how much I enjoyed this one, I’ll definitely need to go back and read the previous books in the series! Quinn and J.R.’s story is a quick read, but it’s full of all the FEELS, and even though it was a bit too short for me taste, I absolutely adored it. Megan Erickson characterizes what it means to be a new adult SO well in her books. I love the way sh
Toni FGMAMTC
Feb 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, new-adult, college

I loved Trust the Focus and Focus on Me. Out of Frame can be read as a standalone, but you're really missing out if you don't read the others.

The subject matter in OoF isn't as heavy as the previous two books. Jay is a bi young adult man starring in a reality show. He was eager to land a role as an actor and naïve about the business so he signed a contract to portray himself as an angry black straight man since that's the slot the makers wanted filled. Quinn h
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Dance With Me (Dancing, #1)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book One (Spencer Cohen, #1)
  • Takeover (Takeover, #1)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book Three (Spencer Cohen, #3)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book Two (Spencer Cohen, #2)
  • On Davis Row
  • Tender with a Twist (Rainbow Cove, #2)
  • Yanni's Story (Spencer Cohen, #4)
  • Love Lessons (Love Lessons, #1)
  • Clear Water
  • The Doctor's Secret (Copper Point Medical #1)
  • Hush
  • Between Sinners and Saints
  • Wicked Lies Boys Tell
  • Enjoy the Dance (Dancing, #2)
  • Someone to Call My Own (Road to Blissville, #2)
  • Five Dares
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized

In Focus (4 books)
  • Trust the Focus (In Focus #1)
  • Focus on Me (In Focus #2)
  • Overexposed (In Focus, #4)

News & Interviews

“On a scale of one to Matt Bomer, how big is this crush?” 5 likes
“When I heard what the “B” in LGBTQ stood for, my first feeling was the settling of pieces into order.” 3 likes