Start by marking “The Alastair Affair (The Alastair Affair, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Alastair Affair (The Alastair Affair, #1)

The Alastair Affair

(The Alastair Affair #1)

Book One

It was supposed to be simple: A chance to get away for one summer and explore an old castle in the English countryside.

A chance to discover the secrets of the past.

I was supposed to be alone. Just me, a backpack full of books, and boundless enthusiasm in my heart.

But I was not alone.

He was there.

Sy/>
Published November 7th 2015 by Edwards Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Alastair Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Alastair Affair

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Edwards The Alastair affair 1 Title by SueBee_zps7chxqrao.jpg

★★★★! The Alastair Affair 1, part 1 of X. Student takes summer job a remote castle & gets seduced by the mercurial & intense Sylvain Alastair!

“He turns on me, then, and his intensely dark eyes pierce into me. I feel like he can see all the way down to my soul… and extract the real question I’m asking:”

Books in The Alastair Affair serial should be read in order:
Book 1: The Alastair Affair 1
Book 2: The Alastair Affair 2
Book 3: The Alastair Affair 3

The Alastair Affair, part 1 opens up to university student Dani Middleton, on summer b3
Theorder:
BookAlastair!
Candace
A Promising Start

The first in a series of serials, Book One of 'The Alastair Affair' captured my attention and left me craving more of this dark tale. The characters were intriguing and the storyline was promising. A very quick read, at around 100 pages, this serial can be read in a single sitting.

The heroine, Dani, is a sweet, college-aged girl that accepts a summer job, where she expects to spend leisurely days reading and exploring a centuries-old castle. She doesn't expect th
Jacqueline's Reads
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm actually okay with serials. I read so many books that I like to take a break within a serial. What I do not like is the foreshadowing, correction, foreshadowing that doesn't show what happens in the end. Yup you got that right. When I started the book it gave me a glimpse of where the main characters will end up (3 months later) I would even be bold to say it was the ending. Then chapter one reverts me back to 3 months ago where they main characters first meet.

I think if I didn't
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
Quick and dirty notes ~

Has a very Gothic feel to it. I wish it would've had a bit more character and setting development at the front, but I'm intrigued by the mystery surrounding Sylvain. I'll definitely read the next, though I will probably put it off until the series is finished.

FYI: This is a serial. Much like episodic television, the story arc continues from book to book but this one stops at a natural place (The conclusion of the beginning, if that makes any sense.)
Saunders
The Blurb
The Alastair Affair is depicted as a dark romance series that allegedly includes elements of psychological and physical abuse coupled with suspense. Where was it?

The characters are not meant to depict a BDSM relationship. In fact, there is no BDSM......so says the author so what throws this out the door is that she is forced to sign a contract, she is forced to call him "Master"....and next we know she is being referred to as his submissive!
He has needs, he likes pain
Gillone Washington
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
She does it again!

Scarlett Edwards has once again displayed why she is so Captivating,breathtaking,awesome ,I am completely entranced by the graphic picture she paints in her novel The Alastair Affair does not disappoint,I'm so excited to see where she takes us on this journey.Question tend to arise in my mind towards the dominant, charming ,somewhat fearful Mr. Alastair. He without doubt has unwavering confidence in his ability to get what he wants from Dani sexually ,physically and emotion
Lisa
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this book. It's very dark and complex. I think dani should of left from the beginning with the whole phone call thing but then we'd have no story. I just wish dani would be a little stronger, she seems to have absolutely no fight in her..I'm still wondering where this story will go and what will be reviled.
Katrina
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The first installment in Scarlett Edward's newest series is very impressive. Great plot. interesting characters and a yummy hero. I think Sylvain and Dani are going to have a very wild relationship. THE ALASTAIR AFAIR BOOK 1 is well written and a quick and easy read. Part 2 is out in 2 weeks and I am already hanging out for it
Donna
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alastair is so twisted and dark, Dani should have been running for the door and never looking back!!!!
I can see there is way more darkness inside of him, and I'm hoping we find out the mystery that explains who Alastair truly is
WOW...FANTASTIC!!!!!! LOVED THIS
Nikki Nik
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This first installment is a good start to what seems like a promising series. I'm definitely anxiously waiting for the next one.
Patricia
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I can't believe that!! Just when it was getting good and damn dark it ends!! Wth. I do love the cover though ;)
Aisha
This author always sends me to the edge with her dark romances...
Dawn
May 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
2 Stars ** for an incomplete book. It started off with an interesting storyline but then it just ended. There are 4 segments (I wouldn't call this a series) in all for a total of about 440 pages that come to the grand sum of $9.96. You got me on your other segment of books but I just can't do it this time. A little more integrity for your readers would probably have a lot more people buying your work.
Karen Geurts
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like the story so far. I just hope it doesn't drag out in too many more books.
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I really don't know what I just read. Honestly. I really don't. I've read several books by this author recently and thought "what the heck, why not another?" Bad move on my part because this was a severe departure from what I thought I could expect. I'm not even sure I could even classify this as bdsm or erotic or what-the-heck-ever because all there was was confusion and some beatings in the end. I'm still trying to figure out the real story. Alastair's past seems much more interesting than his ...more
Kristine
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Unsure of what to write

I don't think I will be going any further with the series. A college student was hired to catalog antiquities for three months--summer. She finds herself being preyed on by the owner of the castle. He has no plans for her to catalog a thing. Acts like she's strange for telling him the job she was hired for. I guess it's cheaper for him to have a submissive this way for three months than hire one. The girl doesn't even seem interested and it ends with him striking her f
Booker132
Dec 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
Awful, excruciatingly bad. The guy, Alastair, reads like a dumbed down version of Hannibal Lecter. And the whole castle background had an Adam's Family vibe to it, not scary in the least bit. And the female lead was the most uninspired, one dimensional, generic "good girl with a hidden submissive streak brought out only by the dark hero" vomitted out character to have ever been written. I'm off this author for good.
Johanna Sawyer
Nov 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Wimpy female lead gets slapped in black room of pain

You know it really shocks me sometimes how weak these people write submissives. Dani is no different. This isn't submissive. It's abuse. It's the submissive that holds all the power but I just feel sorry for this girl. I guess that's where the dark part of this story comes in. I just think it's sloppy. It didn't appeal to me.
D.R.Slater
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Alastair Affair 1

I like it but your intro. to the novel indicates it has nothing to do with BDSM. I agree at this point of the storyline that there is only cruel sadistic behaviour from your main character . . .Alastair. No love their buta, it makes the reader, want to continue on the path you the author has
Bella
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Having read the Uncovering You series, I wasn’t sure if this book was going to be similar. It was short but a good introduction to what I anticipate will happen between Mr. Alastair and Dani. I look forward to reading the next book in the series which I hope will provide more insight into Mr. Alastair.
Adrienne
Dec 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
Could have been great

I am not really keen on the writing style or how quick everything happens. I gave it two stars because it had potential but I think making this a really short book ruined it.
Yvonne
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy...

Cow! Talk about a wild ride. I really didn't know what to expect after reading a couple reviews. I'm happy I decided to give this a read. Great suspense and intrique keep me pushing towards the end. On to number 2!
Expresso
Nov 21, 2015 rated it liked it
This story has every ingredient for a great story but too much is left to the imagination. I think if the story was told in depth it would have flowed better. The story would have made a better impression.

Three stars.
Nan Richard
Blanks

Written from a really dark perspective. Definitely not for the faint of heart. What bothered me the most however were what I perceived as blanks in the plot. True, a short story per say but just seemed to get right at it with little character development.
Christine Kaplan
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book. Can't Wait for the next book.
Toblob
Dec 01, 2015 rated it did not like it

Scarlett is actually Edward Airiants, this author is a boy. Not a young woman. He writes as a women to sell his crappy stories as being a females perspective. FRAUD... BEWARE.
sara
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cool

Love the characters love the storyline and I can't wait to the next book. I would recommend this book set series
Lynne
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Well I really don't know what to think. It's just a snapshot that left me kind of huh?? Will read the 2nd one before I decide.
Maddison Hoy
Nov 15, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was so bizarre and not at all what I was expecting. I honestly don't know if I'll read the second book when it comes out.
ReadingMyEscape
Jan 04, 2016
What did you think about the book? 2 4 Feb 08, 2016 11:35AM

• My Heart and Soul (The Holy Trinity, #3)
  • Royally Trained (Royals of Colania #1)
  • Just One Night, Part 5 (Just One Night, #5)
  • Broken (Voyeur Book 3)
  • Harlot
  • Against Her Will
  • The Ice Seduction (Ice Boss, #1)
  • Becoming Carter (The Carter Trilogy, #2)
  • Black Water Creek
  • The Dead Years - HOMECOMING - Book 6 (A Post-Apocalyptic Thriller)
  • Pure Lust Vol. 2
  • Avowed (Manipulation Trilogy, Corrupted, #3)
  • The Auction (Run, #2)
  • Serial, Volume Four (Serial, #4)
  • The Nightlife Series Omnibus (The Nightlife)
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • The Inheritance (The Inheritance, #1)
  • EMP Backdraft (Dark New World, #4)
I'm Scarlett Edwards.

I live near beautiful Seattle, Washington. I grew up reading all types of fantasy books before discovering the wonderful world of romances in high school.

Want to know when my next book comes out? Sign up for my newsletter and never miss a release:

My Website: http://www.scarlettedwards.com

The Alastair Affair (4 books)
  • The Alastair Affair 2: Sylvain (The Alastair Affair, #2)
  • Dani (The Alastair Affair, #3)
  • Sylvain (The Alastair Affair #4)