Start by marking “Expecting His Love-Child (House of Kolovsky #1)” as Want to Read:
Expecting His Love-Child (House of Kolovsky #1)

Expecting His Love-Child (House of Kolovsky #1)

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  415 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
The one-night baby!Levander Kolovsky has a dark, dangerous past. He trusts only himself and doesn't want a wife or an heir to the Kolovsky name.Millie has returned to Australia to find Levander. They shared one unforgettable night together. And now she's come to tell her secret: she's expecting his baby....
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2704, 192 pages
Published February 2008 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Expecting His Love-Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Expecting His Love-Child

Vintage
Mistress of Cynicism is back.

No bueno for me.
IamGamz
I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed this book so much the second time around. I read it years ago and randomly found it again.

Levander's story is such a difficult one to read. I have ALL the hates for his stepmother, Nina. Millie was good character but I wish she were more of a firecracker. I did love the way she got to the heart of the matter with. I beating around the bush. She called Levander out on his crap.

Together, they make an interesting pair and a damn decent story. I enjoyed th
lily waheed
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
loved it and enjoyed it
Elizabeth
Jul 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Despite the horrible title, this book was a great example of why the Harlequin Presents line is so popular. The story is over-the-top, yes, but it features an alpha hero who straddles the line between bully and arrogant male. He's the kind of guy you want to punch in the nose... and then take to bed. (Or do things in the reverse order; that works, too.) The heroine falls for him much too quickly, and his behavior borders on irrational at times, but the writing is good, the emotional connection b ...more
Kay
Feb 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: print
4.5 Stars! ~ Millie Andrews had given herself three months in Australia to prove her worth as an artist. She’s disappointed, not a single sale. On her last shift as a waitress in a quiet restaurant, and the eve of her return to London, Millie becomes fascinated with a couple she is serving. The woman is glamourous and very beautiful; her dinner companion is magnificent. Millie can’t keep her eyes off him, and her ears closed to their argument. The woman storms out when is it apparent that she wi ...more
Natalija
Feb 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: category
Honestly, I didn't know how to rate this book. It had a feeling of unreality and dreamlikeness & this feeling haunted me till the last page. As far as characters go, I think that both of them needed some more development. Millie is somehow disconnected from life and Levander could be any other nationality. Foreign writers tend to exaggerate with clichè about Russians, but, in this case, I even felt a lack of them. I wanted Levander to be more Russian. And it's coming from someone who comes f ...more
Jimmy Smith
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read!

This book was impossible to put down. Carol Marinelli, you have done it again. I loved the characters, the likable ones anyway. Hated the ugly acting ones. Won't waste any more space, read the book, you will love it.
Fanny
Sep 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Una de las mejores novelas harlequin que he leido, el protagonista no fue para nada insoportable como en otras historias.

3 Estrellas!!
Jenny
Very romantic book with lovable characters!
Paula Legate
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-suspence
I really enjoyed this book. Millie is a struggling artist, and a waitress. She went to Australia for three months. She knew if she couldn't make it with her art, she would have to move back home and start teaching. She was also to school to teach. On her last night in Australia she met Levander. She was the waitress for him and his guest. There was a instant connection between Millie, and Levander. I loved the way he showed her the city after she got off work. It was like a magical date. A night ...more
Mary
Short review: I've read the rest of the series & there's some pretty serious "stuff" going on in the Kolovsky family. This is the start with Levander, the "bastard" of the family, who has a one-night encounter with a waitress he meets. Unfortunately, Millie ends up pregnant and they have to deal with the consequences while trying to build a life together.

Decent story, hinting at what's to come in the rest of the series.
Athena
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I found this book a little bit confusing.. firstly I didn't feel there was really any chemistry between the heroine and the hero... idk I just couldn't finish this one. The heroine meets the hero and has a one night stand then of course she finds out she's pregnant so it's the usual pregnancy tropes and she goes to find the hero and of course their is drama!
Hookedonbooks
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After some heavy economics texts this weekend, a couple of demon reads and kids books, this was a perfect, light way to finish the weekend. I've long been a Marinelli fan. This story was no exception. Great escape.
Jacqueline
This was middle of the road for HPs. Nothing toodisjointed and unbelievable as some can be. The hero was Russian which is a bit different although he lives in Australia. We are never told how old the heroine is but she is basically just out of college. It was interesting the way that he would think something and then act in a totally different way. At first I thought Huh? then I began to see that he would act mean to protect himself and his feelings which he had never been able to understand giv ...more
Nancy Crocker
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was the second book in my purchase. And I have to say I really enjoyed this one!

Levander Kovolsky did not have an easy childhood losing his Mother at the age of three, and waiting in an orphanage for his father to show up to claim him. So when he reads in the newspaper that a one night stand he had with Millie had lead to a pregnancy, he will use most any means to get her married to him before she finds out his past. I really felt for both characters in this story. His lack of love from a f
Meg Kinch
Apr 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this, probably the best Carol Marinelli I have read. There was a tough, arrogant alpha hero and a love at first sight heroine who had a heart of gold. There was emotion and conflict and it was really very well rounded. I know some say that it was a little far-fetched, that it hard to believe this book taking place, but I can see where it could, especially the hero's horrible childhood. This is definitely a keeper.

OH... small side note... and I am not sure if this is a publishing
Carmen
Mar 04, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked the damaged russian hero and the young artist-waitress who share a night of magic with consequences. There was just enough angst with minimal melodramatic bickering to push the story to its HEA ending. I don't think the story is strong enough to be in the reread pile though.
Ada
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Primero de la serie, fuerte, fuerte, la conclusión de este es que durante toda la serie todos odiara a Nina, debe ser una mierda ser ella, hay drama y mucha tensión, escenas de suspirar y todo lo que harlequin sabe dar para este tipo de historias, me gusto.
Audrey
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
enjoy it

I really enjoy this story. The main characters also are touching. I was able to see the love instilling itself in their relationship.
I also appreciate how the hero was describe. I was feeling the attractiveness the heroine was feeling for him.
Cara
Jun 04, 2009 rated it liked it
There's something really engaging about this book. The story is a little far-fetched, but most Harlequin Presents are that way. I liked both characters, but I felt the hero wasn't as fully characterized as I would have liked him.
Tia
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Read in 2010.

I didn't really care for this novel. I normally love the pregnancy ones but this hero really turned me off from the book. Something about him drove me absolutely batty and not in a good way at all.
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. It was just ... ok.
I think I'm getting burned out on the Presents, because they're all blurring together and becoming the same story over and over again. I hate that. I truly and honestly hate that!
Desca
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I usually love Carol Marinelli's tho. But there is just something in this book that drive me away. I meant, don't take me wrong. It is a good book but I just cannot feel the chemistry in this. The beginning of the novel sounds promising yet, in the end it is just so-so.
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
Dec 29, 2014 marked it as own-under-another-title  ·  review of another edition
Playing the Dutiful Wife: Expecting His Love-Child
Lisa stephenson
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great little romantic book.
Nhan57
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the story!
RomLibrary
starts with she is waitress and she is watching him break up with his girlfriend

Thais Gisele
Apr 28, 2013
  • The Desert King's Pregnant Bride
  • Baby of Shame
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby
  • The Frenchman's Love-Child (Brides of L'Amour, #1)
  • Valentino's Love-Child
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • His Unknown Heir
  • The Italian Prince's Pregnant Bride (Billionaires' Brides, #1)
  • The Brunelli Baby Bargain
  • The Greek Tycoon's Love-Child
  • Revealed: A Prince and a Pregnancy (Hot Bed of Scandal #2)
  • Behind the Palace Walls
  • The Italian's Revenge
  • Forgotten Husband (Santanas Men, #1)
  • Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child
Carol Marinelli was born in England to Scottish parents, then emigrated to Australia, where there are loads of Scottish and English people who did exactly the same, so she’s very at home there.

She lives in the outer suburbs of Melbourne—pretty much in her car, driving her three children to their various commitments.

Carol writes for the Harlequin Presents and Medical lines and she also writes conte
More about Carol Marinelli...

House of Kolovsky (5 books)
  • Sang Dokter Biliuner [Billionaire Doctor, Ordinary Nurse]
  • Knight on the Children's Ward (House of Kolovsky #3)
  • The Last Kolovsky Playboy (House of Kolovsky #4)
  • A Bride for Kolovsky (House of Kolovsky #5)