Start by marking “Roping the Wind (Turner Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Roping the Wind (Turner Brothers, #2)

Roping the Wind

(Turner Brothers #2)

Barely30 and already washed up, rodeo cowboy Jay Turner has nothing to show for his 12-year career except a few gold buckles and a busted-up knee. The very last thing he needs is career advice from his orthopaedic surgeon, a chilly woman who has obviously never been thrown off a bucking bronco. Instead, Jay decides to lasso the beautiful lady doc with an intimate ...more
Trade Paperback, 288 pages
Published February 1st 2008 by Virgin Cheek (first published December 6th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Roping the Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roping the Wind

Start your review of Roping the Wind (Turner Brothers, #2)
Shawna
Mar 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary erotic romance featuring a hot alpha cowboy
Recommended to Shawna by: Adrienne
4 stars – Contemporary Romance/Erotica/BDSM

I love contemporary erotic romance with sexy alpha cowboy heroes, and I was looking for a smokin’ hot read to fill the void while waiting for Lorelei James’s next Rough Riders series release, and boy howdy, Roping the Wind is definitely a hot read...YOWZA!

Jay Turner, a 30-year-old gold-buckled rodeo cowboy, is feeling broken, washed up, and sorry for himself after a career ending bull riding knee injury. The last thing he wants is help from his brother
Adrienne
Jun 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
OMG I loved this book, love love loved it,everything about Jay, Helen, the cat, the sex, the emotion, the whole lot! So much so that I bought a copy (this was a library loan) together with the other two books in the series (about Jays half brothers),and can't wait to read them too!

From the first page Jay (ex-rodeo Bull rider) and Helen (his orthopeadic surgeon) grabbed my attention, and not just because of the sexual relationship between them which is hot sweet kink but their emotional
Auntee
Feb 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Erotic romance readers
This is a 'prequel' of sorts to a really excellent book, "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?". Although this was a pretty good read, and it did get better as the story developed, I found that I didn't like the characters as much as I expected to.
Basically it's about a former rodeo cowboy who's injured one too many times and has to give up his career. He has knee surgery and takes up with the lady doctor who operates on him. They have a no-holds barred affair; neither seem to want or expect
AM
Aug 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read a contemporary romance that I've truly enjoyed in a while. This was fan yourself hot, had characters you could buy into, and realistic HEA that sort of just pointed the way. It was a quick read (comparatively speaking -- I'm a slow reader). I would be interested in seeing what else Kate Pearce has to offer after this title.
Sharon
Jun 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cowboy-read
i really loved this story. Really got involved with the characters Jay( Ex Rodeo cowboy) and Helen (Orthopedic Surgeon).They are both hard and stubborn due to various events throughout their lives but they learn to care and trust each other. Lots of sex, anal and oral but its written well into the story. Really enjoyable read. Can be read in isolation but 2nd book in series "Where have all the cowboys gone" is just as good. Cant wait to check out more of Kate Pearce's books.
jenjn79
Jul 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to jenjn79 by: favorite author
Rating: 4.5 / 5

I have yet to read a book by Kate Pearce that I didn't thoroughly enjoy, and this one was no exception. I really liked this book and zipped right through it.

Series Note:
This book has connections to 2 other books. I'm a bit unclear on the order, though, because I would have thought this was book 1 and Jay's brother's book was book 2, but the author's site says this is book is book 2 and the brother's book #1. Not sure how that works timeline wise. But either way, you can read this
Splage
2 - 2 1/2 stars. I was okay with this story actually really started liking it and then the end just went and screwed it up. First of all both of the characters were very cold, didn't even like each other. Jay was a sexy cowboy/bull rider, Robert Redford look alike, but had a career ending ride that screwed up his knee, so he was a little down and surly- completely understandable. Helen was a standoffish doctor who didn't like or trust anyone, had some hidden secrets and most people didn't like ...more
Joe
Feb 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic
This book came with a strong recommendation from a friend of mine, and since I love this author, It went to the top of my list.

I just received my copy. I normally don't like stories involving cowboys. I don't like the male aggression and possessiveness. This book deals well with that, it explains the machoism and shows the softer, less confident side.

I've just started it, but I'm loving it so far.

-Joe-

I have never read anything involving cowboys that I liked, until now.

This is about two arrogant
Mary
Aug 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
I assume the author must be British for the constant use of the word "learnt". Which I found very jarring in a contemporary romance about American cowboys. She also spelled "stupid" as "stoopid". Otherwise it was an OK story. I didn't like the heroine all that much.
Connie
This book was very disappointing compared to (Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?). Neither the story or the characters, Jay the cowboy or Helen, the doctor, seem to have any direction or purpose. Everything was just all over the place. Way too much sex and not enough story!
Mitzi
I think Kate has become one of my favorite authors. Love this book too. Jay Turner has nothing to show for the 12 years he's been in rodeo. He's got a bad knee. Enter Doc Helen Kinsale.
Bette
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Left hanging

I like this series - the characters are good - but I didn’t think the secondary characters were developed enough.
The real problem I had was the ending - it felt unfinished.
Booklovinglady
Not much of a story. It's called a 'Rouge Erotic Romance' but there is not much of the 'romance' and too much of the 'erotic' to make a descent kind of story.
Kimberly
Jay Turner’s life was all about the rodeo, until one final accident permanently damages his knee and takes him out of professional competition. Six months later, the former cowboy has no job, no prospects, and no plans for his future. The last thing he wants to do is have another check up with his ice queen of a doctor. Dr. Helen Kinsale is just about as thrilled to see her most irritating patient once again. Neither likes the other. Neither thinks they have anything in common. Until a heated ...more
Chanel
May 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those that want the pre-story to "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?" book.
Right from the start, I was confused, as this is listed as the 2nd book in the Turner Brothers Series, but it actually takes place prior to the 1st book, "Where have all the Cowboys Gone?". This is the story of Jay Turner. Jay is in the 1st book, as he is Grayson’s younger brother and business partner/primary owner of Prairie Dawg Boots company. In the first book, Jay is working on a business deal with Lauren’s company. For those that did not read 1st book, Lauren is Grayson’s lady love. "Roping ...more
Siobhan Muir
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ah, Kate does it again. This was a story of a very busy doctor, Helen Kinsale, burnt on men, and a sexy cowboy,Jay Turner, who likes his sex a little rough. This story is hot and has some mild BDSM. There's a scene with a saddle that will make you want to ride hard. :) The ending felt a little short, like it was written too quickly and there were a few loose ends, but there's another story coming after about Jay's brother, Grayson, that might pick up where this one left off. I'd recommend this ...more
Fedora
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kate Pearce can certainly bring the heat.

Jay Turner, a rodeo cowboy, is forced to find a new direction when an injury forces him from bullriding. He's intrigued by his surgeon, Helen Kinsale, and both are surprised when she accepts a date, and then more. Their tastes blend better than either would have anticipated...

Ms. Pearce does a good job balancing the emotions and thoughts with the heat that erupts when these two get physical.

I think this takes place timing-wise before Where Have All the
Jun 20, 2010 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the very intense and sexy relationship between Jay and Helen. If you enjoy your erotic romances with a strong dose of reality, this will be the perfect book for you. Jay and Helen are imperfect people who in the process of loving one another find their humanity. But...for most of the book, neither character are people I would enjoy knowing and therefore the book was lacking for me. I prefer less reality in my fantasies.
Heather
Oct 25, 2016 rated it liked it
How can you go wrong with a romance featuring a cowboy???? This is the second book in the series but it can easily be read as a stand alone novel. Jay is a former rodeo cowboy and Helen an orthopedic surgeon. Plenty of sparks fly when these two get together and I can only imagine what's next for a Kate Pearce romance! Be prepared for a very steamy romance.
Tracy Gunnels
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pearce-kate
HOT!
Anne
Jun 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Ok, I was going to give 4 stars until I got to the end. There should have been an epilogue, at least, to tie up the ending.
moon lit
Oct 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
Can't write a sex scene to save her life and the storyline isn't all that interesting. Again, just making a character wear a cowboy hat and say ma'am does not make him a cowboy.
May 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 01-read, 2015
This book is SO confusing! It's the second book in the series, but the entire thing takes place before book one. The. Entire. Book. Shouldn't this be book 1?
Cheri
Jun 28, 2014
Denis Rollason
Jan 30, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7; Dreamlight Trilogy, #1)
  • The Wooing of Miss Masters
  • Train Station Bride (Crawford Family, #1)
  • Enjoying the Chase (Guarded Hearts, #3)
  • For Now (Rules of Love, #2)
  • Rebel (The Fallen, #4)
  • Willing (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #4; Mercenary Trilogy, #2)
  • A Little Bit Pregnant
  • Web of Love (Web, #2)
  • A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #4.5)
  • My One and Only Duke (Rogues to Riches, #1)
  • Andrew: Lord of Despair (Lonely Lords, #7)
  • The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3)
  • The Unintended Groom (Bowen, #4)
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
  • Parting Gifts
  • Then Came You (The Gamblers of Craven's, #1)
  • The Hell You Say (The Adrien English Mysteries, #3)
NYT and USA Today bestselling author Kate Pearce was born into a large family of girls in England, and spent much of her childhood living very happily in a dream world. Despite being told that she really needed to 'get with the program', she graduated from the University College of Wales with an honors degree in history.

A move to the USA finally allowed her to fulfill her dreams and sit down and

Turner Brothers (3 books)
  • Where Have All the Cowboys Gone? (Turner Brothers, #1)
  • Riding the Line (Turner Brothers, #3)