Start by marking “I Love Our Earth” as Want to Read:
I Love Our Earth

I Love Our Earth

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Celebrate our home in this joyous, poetic tribute to the Earth's colors, climates, and seasons. Panoramic photographs capture the majesty of nature from swirling deserts to curling ocean waves. Close-ups reveal quieter treasures like springy moss and sunlit leaves. Tying all these wonders together are the faces of children from around the globe, reflecting our shared conne ...more
Published February 1st 2006 by Charlesbridge (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about I Love Our Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love Our Earth

Julia
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a beautifully presented book that combined so much within its so few pages that it could be an example that less is more. The reader will be taken by its breathtaking nature pictures that are combined with various people photos that contribute to a global picture album of mankind.

At the same time the writing is within the most basic format with no difficult words that will stumble up many young beginning readers. The bold format and few words are given more impact by the slight rhythm
Meredith
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I love the pictures in this book so much. They're really spectacular. The words are also nice, but they don't measure up to how pretty the pictures are.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
I love to share picture books with real photographs as the illustrations. The text shares different features that people can see around the world - deserts, winds, moss, stars, etc. Each large scenic photograph also shares an image of a person. The photographer, Dan Lipow, "trekked over five continents" for the images in this book. It's a great multicultural book! If the images also had text as to where the photos were taken, that would have been an added bonus.

2015 Theme: Earth Day
2017 storytim
The Reading Countess
Only Bill Martin could package such lush photographs with simple text to drive home the book's message: our home is full of beautiful natural resources and as stewards of the earth, we hold a great responsiblity.

The sparse text allowed me to ask Youngest to point to words on each page that he could identify. He felt proud of himself for "reading" the words, and that only added to our time with this book.
Vicki
Jun 20, 2013 rated it liked it
The photographs in this book are awesome, from all over the world with children of the world. Short poetic verses. This book was suggested in our SRP manual to go with the theme "Dig into Reading". Don't think it was the greatest read aloud, but it worked if I asked the "crowd" if they had been to places like we are seeing.
Marilyn Olson
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, especially since it was written in Spanish and English. The students can repeat, "amo nuestra Tierra" each time it is said in the book. Good choice for an earth day book for kindergarteners.
Contemplative
Jul 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Children
This would be good to read for Earth Day. We tied it into recycling and doing our part even for young children like ours.
Margaret Towery
Very simple text with multicultural photos of the colors and attributes of our beautiful world. Text is also in Spanish.
Earth Day
Global pics
Bilingual
Karen Dransfield
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
A lovely photographic story to share about our lovely world. Lots of different places with different environments, lots of bright and interesting colours.
Ingrid
This is a simple message about the beauty of our Earth. The photographs are beautiful.
Denise
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a simple book to show young readers the variety of landscapes and peoples of the earth.
Briana
Kelly
May 13, 2017
Roo
Feb 15, 2015
Bill Martin, Jr. (1916-2004) was an elementary-school principal, teacher, writer, and poet. His more than 300 books, among them the bestselling classics Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See; Polar Bear Polar Bear What Do You Hear; Panda Bear Panda Bear What Do You See; and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, are a testament to his ability to speak directly to children. Martin held a doctoral degree in early ...more
More about Bill Martin Jr....