Start by marking “Beyond Temptation (Forged of Steele #3)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Temptation (Forged of Steele #3)

Beyond Temptation (Forged of Steele #3)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  1,119 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Sexy millionaire Morgan Steele will settle for nothing less than the perfect woman. And when he lays his arrogant eyes on sultry Lena Spears, he believes he's found her. There's only one problem, the lady in question seems totally immune to his charm.

Morgan is determined to convince the sassy career woman that he's Mr. Right. He wines and dines her. He promises her the bab

Published December 19th 2006 by Kimani Press

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Temptation

Shawnette
Jul 19, 2007 rated it really liked it
WOW...Morgan Steele is a man with the patience and self-control of a saint...to put up with the year long rejection from Lena, yet still go after her with such determination...I MUST admit I enjoy the measures he takes in an effort to woo her...to try to make her see that he is her Mr. Right...and that she is the PERFECT woman for him...what an AMAZING man...and although Lena is sweet, her attitude is a little annoying at times...but I still want to see her come away with the ULTIMATE prize...a ...more
Taz Will
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Morgan was too hot to handle in this. He was not going to let Lena get away without a fight. I loved it! The steamy chat session was great, didn't like how she talked about a twin though. She seemed to old to not talk about what she wanted without the whole twin thing. He was game though and turned it up when she tried to pull away. Can't get enough of these Steels.
Tammy Benton
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite Brenda Jackson novel. This book was about Morgan Steele how he was obsession with Lena Spears and came up with a plan to win her over. By making a business proposal to buy a house and sell his old house just to get close to her. It start off as friendly get to know her better. He also proposal to her offer have a stable environment for her mother and being his wife and having his baby. Lena was overwhelmed she felt she wasn't good enough to fit in his world. Little di ...more
Gloria Hyde
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beyond Temptation

I choose 5 stars for this book, because of the real life picture it tells about people who are gain. People who seems to think and believe that love is in how you look, what you wear, and the price of it as well. Here Morgan loved Lena for all the RIGHT reasons, but Lena had to first love herself. Lena and Morgan's love for family, was their common goal that shined above everything else. He loved Lena and her mother unconditionally, and she loved him enough not to stand in the
Connie
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was waaayy better than the last one. Lena could have done without the split personality character which was weak and cheesy. Her character had enough issues without adding that tidbit. This Steele (Morgan) had to really work for his bride and that was what was missing from the last book. I'm now reenergized to keep reading the series. :)
Jharrayne
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can't get enough of Brenda Jackson's writing. This book is no acception! She writes passionately and with so much enthusiasm you can just feel everything happening as if you are in the book or sitting watching the conversations. I definitely recommend this book to others. In fact, I recommend the entire series.
Nate Brustein
Apr 21, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: Middle-aged black women running from love
I don't think that I am necessarily the target audience for Brenda Jackson's books.
Lady Raven RAVE!
so far have nothing bad to say about the series love each book in the series so far...
Kim Short
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love and business mixed well

Good read for those who enjoy a nice believable romance. Just enough to keep you turning the pages and not get bored with the story.
Nancy
Oct 12, 2012 rated it did not like it
Definitely a romance with a bit of "steam". This was a quick, escape read. The story is set in a small Texas town with two people who have abandonment and trust issues, all centered on a five month old left on a doorstep with a claim of paternity.

I almost hate to admit I read this but for the sake of full disclosure I confess.
Karen
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Oh My! Morgan is definitely a Steele man that knows what he wants and when Plan A didn't work, he went to Plan B in order to secure the place for his perfect wife, Lena Spears in his life. His plan hit a few rough spots, however he refused to give up until he eventually won the heart of Lena's forever! This was a wonderful and very passionate love story!
Arnissa Burnett
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart felt

This book sent me through a way of emotions. I wanted to beat the check out of the high class society group myself for causing trouble. But in the end, true love prevails.
lover-of-good-books
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It was a good read and I liked how it wrapped up. I must say that with all the talk of Lena's Gemini twin (let's take into affect that she's an only child), it had me thinking she had multiple personalities for a moment (and this is from a Gemini). All and all, it was a good read.
Author Ruby Binns-Cagney
Brenda Jackson intrigues you with her storytelling. Her influence is deep and wide, encompassing all that family means to you. The challenge with her books is morals versus consensus. Good if you like romance.
Angela
Jul 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Even though the female lead character was a little slow on picking up vibes from the male lead there was still a nice flow. It showed that if you don't love yourself you can't let anybody else love you.
Carol
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed Lena and Morgans story. I onky wish the author would describe the characters features in greater detail.
Mary Bailey
You'll find yourself being tempted
Shannon
Mar 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
You got to love Morgan for doing WHATEVER IT TAKES to get that one special lady. I love it!
Nina
Oct 27, 2012 rated it liked it

Jacqueline
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Morgan is the man. I need a Morgan in my life.
Alveria
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved Morgan and Lena together. Loved this story.
Chevanne Brown
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
could not put this book down! i fell in love! love brenda jackson books
Shiann michelle salazar
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books-ever
i finished the book and it was really good.it told you things about love that you would want to know.it was sad,it had drama,and it was exciting to read.once you start reading it you can't stop.
Helen Horace
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

As always Brenda did it again I was glad to see that she added over side women into this story. I love the way it ended.
Kesha
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Epitome of what a romance novel should be. Love Morgan and Lena's journey to the alter.
Yvonne
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
real love .... Loved it
Dana
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read!

I enjoyed this book and all the characters. It kept my attention from beginning to end! Can't wait to read the next book!
Latoya
Mar 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
A good read.
S. Spencer
They had how many babies?
A. Jones
Apr 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Morgan and Lena did not disappoint.
  • My Only Desire
  • Imagine Us (Mayne Attraction #2)
  • Nobody But You (Grayson Friends, #2)
  • Beyond Business
  • A Case for Romance
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Forged of Steele (10 books)
  • Solid Soul (Forged of Steele #1)
  • Night Heat (Forged of Steele #2)
  • Risky Pleasures (Forged of Steele #4)
  • Irresistible Forces (Forged of Steele, #5)
  • Quade's Babies (The Westmorelands, #14; Forged of Steele, #6)
  • Intimate Seduction (Forged of Steele #7)
  • Hidden Pleasures (Forged of Steele #8)
  • A Steele for Christmas (Forged of Steele #9)
  • Private Arrangements (Forged of Steele, #10)