Start by marking “The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3)

The Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  186,612 Ratings  ·  10,546 Reviews
Tricked into releasing the evil spirit Ruin while attempting to close the Well of Ascension, new emperor Elend Venture and his wife, the assassin Vin, are now hard-pressed to save the world.
Published October 14th 2008 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about The Hero of Ages, please sign up.
David This book resolves EVERYTHING. It is the poster child of resolution. Everything changes, everything (even tiny insignificant details from book 1)…moreThis book resolves EVERYTHING. It is the poster child of resolution. Everything changes, everything (even tiny insignificant details from book 1) plays a part in shaping what becomes of the world. Read it. Read it now. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Luke Casey Read The Alloy of Law

Benjamin Duffy
Sep 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I finish this trilogy, I feel like addressing this book on two levels: first, on its own strengths and weaknesses as a novel; and second, as the capstone of the series and as an exposition of the Mistborn world and mythology. I’ll start with the latter of the two.

The overwhelming impression I get from the Mistborn books is that they have been written by someone who is a fantasy fan first, a fantasy author second. A pedantic geek, if you will. And I mean all of this as the highest praise – San
Kat O'Keeffe
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic conclusion to a truly amazing trilogy! Brandon Sanderson is a masterful storyteller.

BOOKTALK HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4k99...
Petrik
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: epic/high fantasy fans
This is not a review. This is a story, a story about a man who opened the first pages of Mistborn: The Final Empire.

Back in August 2016, there was a man who lived in emptiness. He was probably clinically depressed, but he would never know; he didn’t get himself checked. His heart didn’t ache, his smile was freely given, but he was never happy; he felt empty every day. Damages were added when he realized his hobbies didn’t interest him that much anymore, which resulted in reluctant social interac
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re-read on Audio

Well, that ending . . . I cried =(

I finally got to find out all of the mysteries behind the mysteries in the book.

I loved how Spook's character grew so much in this book, although some of it wasn't from a good place. But sometimes you have to go to a bad place to get to the good place. I fell in love with his character a lot in this book.

I got to find out more about TenSoon and the Kandra. I loved learning about that, although I wanted to vaporize some of them. TenSoon won my h
Samantha
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-2016
This was the most perfect series finale I can remember reading... I cannot... I just........ A review will be on my channel when I can form words.
Erica (daydreamer)
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone with a brain. Everyone who can read. Did I make myself clear? EVERYONE
This ‘review’ is not a review of the book, but more of my emotional journey through reading it and upon finishing. For those of you who have read the Mistborn trilogy, I think you can empathize with what I felt. For those of you who haven’t, I ask that you do yourself a favor, and feast upon these books. For they are truly the most amazing books I’ve ever read.

Before the end, I was going to write an absolutely glowing review full of caps lock and exclamations points and gifs and pictures and my
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
"I am, unfortunately, the Hero of Ages."

Books like this are the reason I am so harsh on shitty books, is all i have to say right now

Review to come.

April
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a heart wrenching, but beautiful ending to this fantastic series.😭
Adina
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sf
The Hero of Ages is undeniably a satisfying ending to the Mistborn series which answered all my questions and more. I was left with a bitter sweet feeling after I swiped to the last page but satisfied that it could not have ended any other way. I loved the first volume, the 2nd was a decent transition to this big boy which almost was as excellent as the first.

I expected most of the plot twists so I wasn’t mind blown like other readers but, in the same time, I was awed by Sanderson’s imagination
Bookdragon Sean
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think Sanderson is a really impressive author of the fantasy genre. It must be incredibly hard to insert originality into books of this type; so much has been done before and then done again. With Sanderson it feels like I’m reading something completely new and completely exciting. His books and his characters are, simply put, cool. He just knows what his readership wants to see, and he gives it to them. The action scenes have an almost cinematic quality too them; they remind me of the combat ...more
Regan
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I CANT FORM WORDS
Maureen
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I cry but I'm also so happy. WHAT AN ENDING. I've never been so happy to be so sad.
Warda
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reads
1st read: Nov 2014
2nd read: April 2015
3rd read: April/May 2016
4th read: November 2017

I mean, it was perfect obviously. As glorious and bittersweet and fulfilling as the first time I read it. I'm in awe of Sanderson! I'm amazed by his skill as an author. As someone who designed a world from scratch and connected the plot lines in such a god-like way almost.

Even though, I've read it 4 times, I still cannot fathom the scale of epicness.

Forever my favourite trilogy.
Bentley ★ Bookbastion.net
See this review and more like it on www.bookbastion.net!
________

I've been avoiding writing this review for a week or so now, both because I know it's going to be difficult to write, and difficult to share what I recognize is an unpopular opinion.

We all can agree that Brandon Sanderson is magic. I can't even bring myself to finish one work in progress, yet he's constantly in the middle of multiple projects at the same time and is slowly building a greater shared universe for his novels that will
Tweebs♥️ (hiatus)
*Grabs mic*

*Clears throat and begins to scream*

FUCK YOU

FUCK ME

FUCK THIS

FUCK THAT

FUCK EVERYTHING

I SALUTE YOU, BRANDON SANDERSON!!

I'm just going to go kindly check myself into the hospital. I suffered multiple cardiac arrests over these endless plot twists. Sanderson has ZERO mercy.

Let me repeat that:

ZERO

MOTHERFUCKING

MERCY.

*Drops Mic*
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
So this was BY FAR my favorite installment in the first Mistborn trilogy.

I cannot even begin to sum up how great this was. LIKE DAMN.

I've mentioned before how much I appreciate Sanderson's heavy inclusion of religion and religious characters in his work. He somehow is able to ask those big questions, taking his characters through hell and back, without making the reader feel at all criticized or alienated.

The character developments in this one (especially for my precious Spook) were just beyo
Deborah Obida
Buddy read with TESSY

I just discovered my new favourite series, The originality of this series is astounding, I already miss this world and the character, its like nothing I’ve ever read before, Allomancy,Feruchemy and Hemalurgy the new forms of magical powers where you can control metals by either consuming them, storing strengths in metals amongst other stuff. If you have not read this series I suggest you pick it up ASAP.

This book made me cry more than anything I’ve ever read in all my li
Robin (Bridge Four)
Re-reading because:

1 - It is Brandon Sanderson and he is always better the second time through
2 - Shadows of Self comes out next month
3 - I just can't fight this feeling anymore

Buddy Read of the Mistborn series with some friends at Sanctum of Fantasy and it was worth it. A well thought out trilogy that ended as strong as it began.

I forgot to mention Spook in my original review but his role in this was key. He has grown up so much from the boy he was in Mistborn and has come to the forefront of
Hasham Rasool
I have a little time to read this book because of Ramadan.

The Hero of Ages genres are fantasy and sci-fi.

This book has focused on the characters of Vin and Elend.

'The Hero of Ages' was a lot quicker. I love this book so much Alhamdulillah!

This is the best trilogy! I have ever read Alhamdulillah!

Oh, wow you have changed, Spook my dear man!

I love the conclusion of the 'Mistborn' trilogy so much Alhamdulillah. It is very sad. I cry a lot in the end of this book.

The end of this book are happy and s
Ginger
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I don't even have words to describe the last book in this series.

I finished last night and I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything that happened in this last book. To be completely honest, my heart is a bit broke as well. Bloody hell!

This book and series is one of the best fantasy series that I’ve read.

Kudos Brandon Sanderson! I bow down to your world building, your amazing magical system and for breaking my heart!
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
I love how everything tied in at the end - I'm usually good at guessing everything but I kept being shocked by this book. The characters' growth was enjoyable to watch, the magic system and the world building became more and more complex which I adored!

I didn't 100% love the ending but I still loved this book.

I can't wait to continue with the next ones!
Iryna (Book and Sword)
All the stars!!!

Im not crying, you are.

I wrote a longer review talking about how much I loved depression rep and the romance rep in this book (and the whole trilogy). Read it HERE

Thank you Goodreads' friends for making me read The Mistborn trilogy. Thank you The Mistborn trilogy for becoming my new favorite trilogy of all time. Thank you Brandon Sanderson for making me cry because your books are masterpieces.

Just a few things I wanted point out from this magnificent read:
- As I've mentioned ab
Imane
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
“Faith means that it doesn't matter what happens. You can trust that somebody is watching. Trust that somebody will make it all right.”
― Brandon Sanderson, The Hero of Ages

Well, I didn't see that coming !! 😭😭😭😭

description
Shannon (leaninglights)
*sobs* What an ending to a fantastic trilogy. Just wow.
Markus
Jul 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, fantasy, cosmere

"Ash cloaks the land in a mantle of black. The mists come during the day, killing both crops and people. Men march to war. Ruin has returned."

The divine power hidden at the mythical Well of Ascension has been released. A dark force bent on the utter destruction of the world has been freed from the invisible shackles that once bound it. The mists are engulfing the outer dominances, murdering people in the darkness. But in the centre of it all stand Vin, recognised in the Final Empire as
ChopinFC
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 Stars

full review...

Mistborn 3 represents a fantastic bittersweet conclusion to a series that is nothing short of epic fantasy masterclass! Amazing diverse characters, a meticulous crafted magic system and powerful theme of good vs evil makes this one of my favorite series of all times. Bravo Mr Sanderson!

‘Hero of Ages’ is arguably the strongest of all 3 books in the series, if that’s even possible. I read some reviews prior to starting Mistborn 3, and the consensus was this one was a ‘heartb
Caitlin
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have 3 thoughts

1) I hate you Brandon Sanderson. You better pay for some therapy sessions because my heart can't take anymore.

2) I WORKED OUT WHO THE HERO OF AGES WAS BEFORE IT WAS REVEALED! I feel so accomplished

3) Why did I take so long to read these books?

And now I shall resume my rocking back and forth and crying in the fetal position. Goodbye
Hamad
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 4.25 stars

“Somehow, we'll find it. The balance between whom we wish to be and whom we need to be. But for now, we simply have to be satisfied with who we are.”

3 books
182 chapters
2212 pages of awesomeness!!

I can't say that I saw that coming, I saw a few things coming but the ending as whole was a bit surprising, everything is explained in this book with so many revelations.

I think The well of ascension is my fav in the series, because the character development and storyline were ju
Mario
God, my emotions are all over the place. I've never read a book with an ending that made me so sad, but also so satisfied at the same time.

I don't think that there would be a better way to end this series than this. It was just so epic. The whole series was.
Veronica Morfi
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am done! That ending was the death of me. I shed so many tears (mostly of happiness). Also, I am so satisfied with how everything ended. I am glad everything got resolved and I just cant wait to carry on reading the Mistborn books and the rest of Sanderson books. I dont think I can say anything that hasnt been said already for this series so I will leave it at that.
  • The Crimson Campaign (Powder Mage, #2)
  • Cursor's Fury (Codex Alera, #3)
  • The Blinding Knife (Lightbringer, #2)
  • The Emerald Storm  (The Riyria Revelations, #4)
  • The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time, #12)
  • Royal Assassin (Farseer Trilogy, #2)
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
  • A Betrayal in Winter (Long Price Quartet, #2)
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S
More about Brandon Sanderson

Mistborn (7 books)
  • The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)
  • The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2)
  • The Alloy of Law (Mistborn, #4)
  • Shadows of Self (Mistborn, #5)
  • The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn, #6)
  • The Lost Metal (Mistborn, #7)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Hellboy Volume 1: Seed of Destruction
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Part One
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Annihilation (Southern Reach, #1)
    $9.94 $3.99
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Volume 1
    $5.99 $1.99
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • Life of Pi
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow, Part 1 (Smoke and Shadow, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 1 (The Promise, #1)
  • Impulse (Jumper, #3)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • City
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Elend smiled. "Oh, come on. You have to admit that you're unusual, Vin. You're like some strange mixture of a noblewoman, a street urchin, and a cat. Plus, you've mangaged - in our short three years together - to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick.” 418 likes
“If you give up what you want most for what you think you should want more, you'll end up miserable.” 384 likes