Start by marking “Choosing Happiness” as Want to Read:
Choosing Happiness

Choosing Happiness

Jake and Andrea met once. When Andrea was in college, Jake came with her brother Ben who was visiting on leave from a deployment in Afghanistan. Now, years later, Jake gets a job in Ben's home town to be close to his best friend. He hadn't counted on Andrea. The attraction he'd felt then was still there. And this time he wasn't headed back to a war zone where he could very ...more
Published July 13th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Choosing Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Choosing Happiness

Start your review of Choosing Happiness
Megan
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was provided with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this sweet story, 3.5 stars. Some may say the relationship between Jake & Andrea may have progressed a bit fast and in reality I would agree. When reading a book or watching a movie I am one who throws details like this aside, draw me in or entertain me and I am good, at the end of the day it's not reality. Jake was a great gentlemen who had a pretty non-existent family growing up. I liked that the author mixed things up a
Berenice Godinez
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I was sent an ARC and asked to put an honest review. So here it is.

When I look for a book to read I look for something with a twisted and difficult plot. Normally a series. Something not so fast paced but no too slow.
Though this book was none of the above and was a bit fast paced I absolutely loved it!

Its all romance and very sweet. Plus its easy to read.

Jake was just lovable, and a real gentleman. He was just so easy to get attached too. He had a difficult time growing up and was mostly left
MaryAnn
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an enjoyable story that drew me into the story of the relationships between the main characters. I felt for Jake and his experiences, but was glad he found such a good friend whose family treated him like another son.

The main premise of the story is one that's as old as time itself, but it's always nice to read a romance. This would be good as a beach read or for when you wanted something interesting to read that doesn't make you work hard to get through the book.

I was fortunate enough
book junkie
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was asked to read this for an honest review !!
I really enjoyed this book and I really was able to connect with Jake and Andy. My only complaint was I felt I needed more back story on the first time they met. That being said I still fell in love with their story, I did not want to put it down and I got hooked from the very beginning. I look forward to reading more from this author.
onlythejessi
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have been reading Melissa Stevens' books since her very first one, Change. I have watched her grow as an author and turn her work from good to amazing. This book is one example of amazing.

The setup: Ben and Jake, best friends, are deployed in Afghanistan, but come home for leave. Jake joins Ben on the visit, going back to Ben's home town. There Jake meets Andrea for the first time. But that was it. Nothing happens.

Fast forward a few years and Ben is getting married, so Jake is there for it.
Amy
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars
Andrea and Jake have a unique relationship. I guess for them it works to just live in the now and not worry about where the relationship is going. For me I think that's utterly stupid, but whatever. The Prologue I found pointless. There was nothing said that couldn't have been mentioned later with less detail and it would have still made sense. They hit it off really fast and while that's okay, I really hated how everyone found it necessary to point that out to Andrea.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I was sent an ARC to give an honest review.

I did like this story, the characters were nice and very likeable. Jake is a kind honest man who I really liked. He is back from the Army, starting up a job as a policeman in a new town, home of his army buddy and best friend, Ben. When he attends Ben's wedding, he meets Nat again and they are still attracted to each other.

It was a nice story, I gave it 3 stars for no other reason than that I found it very slow to read; their lives cracked on really
Lisa
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
2 1/2 stars

I read the synopsis and thought I'd love this story. I wanted to love it. A few things fell short for me.

I wish the story was more consistent. Jake and Andrea meet while she's in college because he is staying with her brother. Fast forward a few years and they come face to face again... yet she doesn't recognize him? Then shortly later they are all over each other because she suddenly remembers how much she's attracted to him?

The characters were likable, but the plot needs some
Michelle Thomas
Apr 16, 2017
Michelle
Jun 09, 2017
Melissa Stevens
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Diana
Jul 24, 2015
Hanna Marl
Jul 03, 2015
Christine
Sep 09, 2018
Schaupp
rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2018
Aug 17, 2015
Neepa Shah-Chittur
Jan 30, 2018
GIVEAWAY*** Free copy of Choosing Happiness 1 2 Aug 07, 2015 12:31AM

Melissa Stevens has penned more than twenty five novels and novellas to date. She was part of the Wicked After Dark anthology which hit #13 on the New York Times Bestsellers list and is working hard for a repeat performance.

With books coming out frequently, the best way to keep on top of what Melissa's doing is to sign up for her VIP Reader List at http://bit.ly/2zeTIoF

Melissa lives in