Start by marking “Shadows of Jane” as Want to Read:
Shadows of Jane

Amy Hale

Shadows of Jane

(The Shadows Trilogy #1)

Colt Henderson is a man who lives for the moment. His past has taught him that life is unpredictable and often disappointing. A confirmed bachelor, he believes that love only exists in fairy tales. She's lost, scared, and can't remember a thing about her past or her identity. She senses all is not as it should be, but without her memory, how does she know what to fear and ...more
Published June 9th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Shadows of Jane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows of Jane

Start your review of Shadows of Jane
Annika
description
For strong women everywhere.

These four words of dedication were the very first words in this book, and they captured my attention instantly. There's nothing worse than a weak, pushover female lead in an Urban Fantasy novel. So it was this indirect promise that made my hopes rise high before I even started reading.
Good news: while there was still room for improvement, Jane did turn out to be a likeable, strong heroine.
Bad news: she wasn't very well developed.

Okay, given this book's total page
NiCoLeTa E.
***ARC kindly provided via NetGalley for the exchange of an honest review***
Michelle Carlson
Free ARC provided by Netgalley.com. Beware as review may contains spoilers.

Have you ever read a book and once finished you immediately wanted to start the next book in the series? That is how I felt about this book! I finished it in under 5 hours (dedication, story, acknowledgements .... everything. I just couldn't stop reading it and you have no idea how heartbroken I am over the fact that the second installment hasn't even been written yet.

This was my first experience with this author, and I
Jo Michaels
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this paperback up at an event where I got to meet the author, and I'm now kicking myself for not buying the whole series at once. I wanted the next one as soon as I finished the first (reader problems). Yeah, it was that good. What really gripped me about the story is the way Ms. Hale built her characters from the first page to the last. There was great development. But enough high-level, let's get into the details.

From a Reader's Perspective:
I loved the main characters, Jane and Colt.
Romance Readers Retreat
2.5 Stars

Where do I start? I wanted this book to be brilliant but sadly it just didn't cut it for me. Even though there's no indication on the blurb of listings this book is a kind of mix between paranormal and fantasy I just don't know which.
Some of the quick paced wording just didn't work, eg within 10 seconds of the female lead waking up with lost memory she was almost cheery saying, it's okay, I'll learn, just call me Jane? The male lead Colt was quite weak especially when it came to the
Bec
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Shadows of Jane is a sweet story of a young women who is running from someone and makes it to a cabin where she collapses. Colt the owner of the cabin takes this mystery women to the hospital like any decent person would do, she looks like she’s about dead and he can’t imagine where she even came from.

Colt is kind of a small town bad boy, not interested in keeping most people around for long, does his job at the bike shop, and doesn’t think on
Sue
Jun 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Shadows of Jane by Amy Hale, Jane and Colt meet when Jane finds her way to his home and collapses. Physically recovering in hospital, Jane has amnesia and has no clue who she is or where she came from. As she recovers, she attempts to restart her life as Jane...but her past is not done with her. Colt has been mesmerized by Jane from the moment he opened his door to her. He doesn't believe in love, but he can't stay away from her. As Jane heals, the become closer very quickly. Even as Jane's ...more
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
Colt Henderson lives for the moment but his past has taught him that life is often disappointing, he believes that love only exists in fairy tales that is until he meets this girl... She's lost, scared and does not remember anything about her past or identity. Without her memory how will she know what to fear and who to trust? She decides to name herself Jane and aims to piece her life back together. In the process she learns she has unique abilities that people would kill for. Fate throws Colt ...more
Gladys Gonzales Atwell
*I was provided this book in exchange for an honest review!!

This is the first book I have read from Amy Hale and I must say I am not dissapointed!!

The premise simplistic. The character names basic. Jane Doe! Why? Jane takes the name of a girl who is (well) unknown EVEN to herself. She has no memory of her past, her identity lost and that scares her. What scares her most is the unique abilities she possesses that certain people WANT!

Enters a complication. A man. A complicated man, who lives for
Ter Wilson
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received this Book as a gift during the Holidays*

I am not sure if I should start with my Love of Shadows of Jane or the Author Amy Hale.
Amy Hale has this way of writing that is just magical. Within the first couple lines, I was totally invested in the story. I love when an Authors writing style grabs me. I love how fluid story went from Jane to Colt speaking with no hiccups. No major cliffhangers that had me shaking my fist at the sky.

Now on to the parts of the book I loved without spoilers
Heavenly
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have received an ARC copy of this book from the Author in exchange of an honest review.

It was my first book by Amy. I didn't expect anything, but I was positively surprised after reading this book.

Amy has created a very interesting world. At the beginning you think its a contemporary novel, but it's so different!

Jane, the main character, is running away from people that want to capture her. She doesn't remember anything or who she is. The only thing she knows, that she has to run. When she is
TDCbookreviews
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pulling you in from the first paragraph, she is being chased through the forest by someone who wants to hurt her ... and ends up at a cabin in the woods, knocks, and when Colt Henderson answers the door, she passes out in his arms. Waking up in the hospital, she can't remember who she is or where she came from. They name her "Jane Doe", so Jane she becomes. Jane has no one but this handsome stranger who saved her life, and has become her best, and only, friend. Jane has secrets though; visions ...more
Kbrazell
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not bad. The plot was pretty good, a little rushed though. Then again it was only 166 pages.

I'm a sucker for the whole amnesia trope, so that pulled me in from the beginning. Hale did a very good job with that, and with such a short book she did a good job not rushing it.
And thank goodness, there was no insta-love! There was insta- attraction and chemistry and I loved it. And that scene around 90%? Loved it. Jane FINALLY went all badass with her powers. Perfectly done. I was waiting for that
Dee/ bookworm
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked: Jane was a strong character who genuinely thought of others before herself. She put herself in some stupid positions because of this, but most of her actions have a pure reason behind them. Colt was very supportive of Jane, even when weird things started happening. It was weird that Jane had such an effect on people.
What didn't quite work for me: The relationship progressed rather quickly. And when the chips were down Colt had a mini break down….

Really a great book to read!

I
Simon Bleaken
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is well written with some very nice descriptive touches, and is a good, fast-paced read. The mystery of Jane and her strange past was compelling and made me want to learn more about her, what her background was, and who she was running from.

The paranormal aspects were introduced with subtlety and that worked brilliantly, at first I almost wondered if there was something ghostly going on around Jane, perhaps something haunting her, and then gradually I realised the true source of what
Sam
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A powerful mystery

This is a great mystery with a twist of the paranormal. Set in a small town in America all the characters are full and engaging. The story had me on the edge of my seat and gave a nice twist at the end. I will definitely be reading the rest. I would say suitable for older teens as no graphic sex scenes.
REBEKAH
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mystery woman saved by playboy

Jane Doe enters a playboy life and forever changes him. But she's different than other girls, she just doesn't remember anything. Fabulous book with twists and turns making you want to keep reading to find out what's next.
Deanna
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know what it was about this book but it had pulled in from the very beginning. Colt just wanted to get away for a while when he had a knock on his door and then the girl that was on the other side fainted in his arms and their magical journey starts there.
Danielle Young
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and fast paced. The story of the lost girl quickly carries you away. Amy Hale does a good job of slowly unraveling the story. Very enjoyable.
Amber
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect

This book was perfectly written. I loved the whole story and the characters can't wait to know what happens next
Crystal Routley
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read!

Mystery. Suspense. Danger. Oh and did I mention the guy is a hot biker mechanic? Um yes!!!! You have to read this book!
#ByFelicia
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book and can’t wait to read the rest of the series!!
Darrell
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A hell of a ride

This was one hell of a ride for a story !!
Loved the characters and the great store it became , can’t wait to get the 2nd book !!
Meghan Lloyd
This book had a very cool premise - woman with amnesia meets man who rescues her, she has mysterious powers, both try to find out who she is, and they fall in love in the process. I was looking forward to reading it. Unfortunately, the book ultimately fell flat for me. I'll explain below.

Jane and Colt started off with very little description of their characters and it didn't get much better as the book progressed. I had a hard time visualizing them as I read. They like each other, but I never
Stacy Sabala
Book Review- Shadows of Jane by Amy Hale

In book one of the Shadows Trilogy, Colt Henderson just lost his father and is taking some time off staying at his dad’s cabin when a soft knock is at the door. He is surprised to find a young woman at his door who collapses at his feet. After doing the right thing by taking her to the hospital he can’t stop thinking about her.
Jane has no idea who she is. She can’t remember. The doctor tells her she almost died and she is lucky to be alive. She has to
Becky
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to love this book. It has a good concept but the development just wasn't there for me. The characters were okay, the storyline was just okay, it lacked the umph I was looking for. The sequel will hopefully show more.
Twinsie Talk Angie J
3.5 rounded up

Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Shadows of Jane, The Shadow Trilogy Book #1 by Amy Hale

I receive his book from the author for an honest review.

I love Paranormal and UF. They are kind of a go to genre when I am looking for something to read. I liked this story because we, the reader, don’t really know what Jane is. Jane’s abilities are told to us
Angel Hatfield
I t had almost been ten years since Jane saw her parents. She had been taken from the two people who loved her for who she really was. Colt had lost his dad recently and wasn’t doing to well with it. Then his boss Mike gave him a week off with pay more to save Jerry’s butt who was his coworker then for Colt. Then a knock came to Colt’s cabin door and he found a hurt muddied small young lady who would have collapsed to the ground if Colt had not caught her. Colt toke her to the hospital and asked ...more
Charlotte Howard
This book was recommended to me by the author after I asked for something that would be suitable to read by the pool / on the beach, while it was being offered for free on Kindle.

Shadows of Jane is part one of a trilogy, currently being completed by the author, and I have to say that I will definitely be downloading part two, and pre-ordering part three when it becomes available.

The story is fast-paced right from the start with "Jane" appearing on Colt's doorstep in a dishevelled state. After
Kendra Needs
SHADOWS OF JANE by Amy Hale sounded to be such a good book to read, but I found myself having a hard time really getting into the book.

The story of the book has great potential to be a good read, but I found myself not connecting with the two main characters in the book, the back and forth of the POV's were hard to follow and determine who's POV it was with each chapter.

Jane is the main character in the book, at least that is the name she is calling herself, she has no idea who she is or where

• Wrecked (Knight Pack #1)
  • Finding Home (Bluebird Bay)
  • Of Wolves and Witches (Arcane Arts Academy #1)
  • Moonburner (Moonburner Cycle, #1)
  • Fading Frost (Crystal Frost, #4)
  • Crystal Frost: The Complete Series
  • Moonstruck (Crossbreed, #7; Mageriverse #21)
  • Wrecked
  • Betrayed (Magi Rising, #1)
  • Shades of Fury (Raven Point Pack Trilogy #1)
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
  • Inspired by Frost (Crystal Frost, #3)
  • A Pack of Blood and Lies
  • Cursed (The Watchers, #1)
  • Created (Talented Saga, #4)
  • Grim Undertakings: Book 1 of the GrimFaerie Chronicles
  • Delinquent
  • Negative Zero (Soldier of Light Chronicles, #1)
Since childhood, best-selling and award-winning author Amy Hale has been creating exceptional stories that summon a whirlwind of emotions and inspiration unto the reader. She loves creating characters and worlds from nothing but her imagination and a few glasses of wine. Her popular paranormal series The Shadows Trilogy has earned multiple awards, as have the Havenwood Falls books, of which she is ...more

The Shadows Trilogy (3 books)
  • Shadows of Deception (The Shadows Trilogy #2)
  • Shadows of Deliverance (The Shadows Trilogy, #3)