Start by marking “The Perfect Kiss (The Merridew Sisters, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Kiss (The Merridew Sisters, #4)

The Perfect Kiss

(The Merridew Sisters #4)

To rescue her friend...

Grace Merridew's childhood has made it hard for her to trust men and in three years on the marriage market, her senses have never been stirred. So she makes plans for a life of adventure instead—to see the moon rise over the pyramids of Egypt and dance amid the marble ruins of Greece. But first she has to help a friend.

She must enter the lair of the
Mass Market Paperback, 339 pages
Published January 2nd 2007 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Kiss

Start your review of The Perfect Kiss (The Merridew Sisters, #4)
Jilly
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I did like this book. It was funny and cute. But, you don't want to hear about that. Let's talk about what I didn't like. That's much more fun!

So, Grace, the youngest sister in this series has finally grown up and is looking forward to getting her fortune so that she can travel. But, her best friend, Melly, is contracted into marriage with a man she's never met and begs Grace to disguise herself as her companion to meet this guy and find a way out of the marriage. Grace dyes her hair brown, and
kris
Oct 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Grace ~disguises herself as a companion to her bff Melly while on her way to meet Melly's fiance, Dominic. Dominic is unmoved by Melly but gets hotpants over the companion. That's literally the entire book. Dom has hotpants over Grace. Grace has hotpants over Dom. Exit left, pursued by a bear.

1. WOW Katie pretty much summed it up when she said, "This is a story about two people who fall into lust." There's no real sense of connection between them: just a lot of burning loins. And it's distracti
Rane
May 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Anne Gracie went back to her roots with the last book of the Merridew Sisters with shades of the first book the Perfect Rake in the pages of the Perfect Kiss.

This was such a delightful read through and through, with great humor and a nice sensual level between Grace and Dominic.

Dominic was such a great hero with a quick sense of humor that made you laugh out loud at times, but could withdrawn into himself from the pain that still lurks from his childhood. Going back to a home he never knew
Olga Godim
Feb 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, historical
The worst book of this writer, very disappointing. For the entire novel, there are sexual tension and innuendos instead of the plot. No characters. No actions. Just kisses and lewd thoughts galore, a couple or more of bed scenes, and my pet peeve – the instant and irresistible lust. The heroine shags her best friend’s fiancé without even a glimmer of remorse, and he seduces her without compunction too. They both should’ve been ashamed of themselves, the way they acted like rutting beasts in heat ...more
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
The Perfect Kiss is the last story in The Merridew Sisters series. It should have been at least as good as the other three.

The good: Dominic's story and his actions towards the end. (view spoiler) The villagers were a nice touch too.

The uncomfortable (for me): the talk of the marriage to Melly went too far into the book. This isn't a love triangle story, though. Dominic's way of thinking is explained.

The bad: Melly
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (SLOW)
The Perfect Kiss Is yet another beautiful love story that revolves around Dominic Wolfe:the young aristocratic dole heir of the late Lord Wolfe, whose dying wish was to to destroy Dom's all chances of happiness as a revenge on the young boy's mother,who had left their broken marriage and runaway to the sands of Egypt,instead.

description

AS instructed by the will,he was only,AND ONLY allowed to inherit the ancestral home once he marries meek,bookish mellie.. which he has no problem in doing until ,that is he
Mei
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
I'm really glad Gracie's story is the last one because I enjoyed it very much!

Gracie is her usual outspoken self! She tells what she means and doesn't care who she's addressing! I loved that she was true to herself! There was no keeping secrets, no prolem fronting anyone, even Dominic... especially Dominic! :)

Domic was her other half and I liked him very, very much, except when he started with his desire for revenge.

Thank God there is where Gracie comes! And shakes his believes to the foundatio
Sharon
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Here are some of my thoughts:
• The romance was kinda eh. It took a long while to get to the development/depth part.
• However, I do very much enjoy the plot about Dominic helping and learning to care for the people on the land who have been driven to poverty due to his family’s neglect. There are some moving moments, especially as he faces these people who knew his mother and loved her.
• Dominic’s background was so sad and I liked that we got to see how he struggled with accepting the people and
Ewa
I'm so disappointed I want to cry. I had to skim to finish the book. The only funny scene is the one with uncle Oswald at the end of the 20th chapter, so if you can brace yourself and get there, it will be worth it.

I'm not a great fan of love triangle or false identities plots. The big misunderstanding dragged for too long, and I felt like Grace was every bit of a hussy to fool around with her friend's fiancee (never mind Melly was not in love with Dominic - this was just not ok).

When Grace fi
Jacqueline J
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just lovely all around. How did I miss this 4th volume when I read the other books in the series?
Katrina Passick Lumsden
While I'm a fan of the first three installments of the Merridew Sisters saga (and a huge fan of the first, The Perfect Rake), The Perfect Kiss just didn't do it for me. The plot at this point is redundant since it was used in all three predecessor books, and I had a rather difficult time connecting with Grace as I found her to be rather dull. Dominic came off as kind of creepy. Don't get me wrong, I generally liked him as a character, but there were times that I just sort of wanted a carriage an ...more
Tiko
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
wow the whole series was simply breath taking... i enjoyed absolutely every book in this series... loved absolutely every hero :D and heroine too xD what fascinated me the most is that every hero and heroine was so different from others. all of them were individuals and all of them and really different stories too.

Prudence had a perfect rake for a husband and some scary encounters with her grandfather.
Charity had a calm totally unrakelikely duke and pretty calm love story too xD (she was a side
Alexa
Jun 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
While I do have a couple of misgivings about certain interactions between Wolfe and Grace, I liked them well enough in the end. Enough to get emotional!
Amy
I think I might need a new shelf here on Goodreads: Heroes I Hate. I don't know if Dominic Wolfe will top the list, but he certainly will make top 40.
Grace was one of the only decent things about The Perfect Rake so I went against my better judgement and read her romance. She was fine. Her lover boy was a pushy jerk who couldn't take no as an answer. I hate his type.
Not a redeemable story but well-written...except for the hero!
Katie
This is a story about two people who fall into lust.

Yeah, they say "I love you" and all, but the descriptions were about their intense physical attraction, not really about what they LIKE about each other. And when they meet, he thinks he's a servant and grabs her and kisses her and . . . yeah, that's an uncomfortable power dynamic.

Plus, the obstacle ended up being kind of silly. It started out okay, but it shouldn't have stayed an obstacle for as long as it did. (Though it's not really "long,"
❆ Crystal ❆
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
A wonderful book that I enjoyed very much. 4 stars and a great way to end the series.
Issa
Jan 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF at pg 62. A "hero" that despicable set on sexually harassing our heroine no matter what is not worth any more of my time.
Pamela Shropshire
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grace’s story, the youngest Merridew sister. I absolutely loved the first book, but the next two were not as good, IMO. However, I really liked The Perfect Kiss.

There were some plot contradictions and a fair amount of Insta-Lust, which is often off-putting to me, but I did really enjoy the story. Dominic’s background was explained well enough to justify his attitude toward the estate. There was an ancient “Grey Lady” legend that was once popular in HR but now seems pretty cheesy. I loved Frey, D
Insh
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
The horizon all around me
breathed out perfume
announcing her arrival
as the fragrance precedes a flower.
IBN SAFR AL-MARINI, POET OF ANDALUSIA
Gerrie
This book is about the youngest of the five Merridew sisters. Grace, the brave, valiant, endearing bloodthirsty child all grown up. Her book should have been the great symphonic ending, the fireworks at the end of a terrific show. Because the other three books were really good, and I couldn't wait for Grace to grow up and have her own romance and HEA.

The book was not bad, because I don't think Anne Gracie can write a bad book. But, it was disappointing because it was just okay. I thought the ot
Nefise
Actually, I wrote a long review but I lost it because of my password issue.

Anyway, it was avarage until the last qurter part. And I got very bored the harem and 3 wives part. Also I should sya that I'm Turkish and I've never heard a name of Kadije and I'm not sure it's a Turkish or Ottoman name.
Cris
Mar 15, 2010 rated it it was ok
I found our hero to be more jackass than alpha. Still, overall the characters are charming. And the plot, while formulaic, has enough little touches to go down easily.
SidneyKay
Aug 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance-regency
On to the last book in the series, and my least favorite of the stories in the Merridew series, The Perfect Kiss (2007). Another series book which suffers from being the last one. Authors seem to run out of steam when they get to the last one. I think they are trying too hard to finish their old series so they can start a new one. But that's just my theory.

This book contains one of my least favorite themes: an aristocratic woman who dyes her hair and disguises herself as a servant. I'm not too f
Sue Asterio
4.5 stars. Loved this book especially the hero. He had a bad past but he is the first hero I have read who has not let it dictate his entire life and demeanour, because that is so boring and has been done so many times. He was very funny and I loved their banter and chemistry.
Sandi aka Maudley
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hist-rom
A clever and very entertaining finale to the Merridew sisters' series.
Rebekah
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wished the deception didn't last as long, but this was a solid final part of the series. But ugh, that epilogue had me ugly (cute?) crying!
Ren
Originally reviewed on Words in a Teacup

Grace Merridew is the youngest of her sisters, who have all gotten hitched in the previous books. She was only ten or twelve when the series started, so there's been a bit of a timeskip and now she's of a marriageable age. Except that she doesn't want to get married: she's been out on the marriage mart for a couple of years, hasn't met anyone interesting, and so she's decided that if she can't have an epic love story like her sisters she's going to go abro
Charlotte
Feb 06, 2012 rated it did not like it
DNf because I was so annoyed by the characters.
The hero is an asshat. He thinks it is ok to seduce the hired companion of his fiancee. Not only betraying his (admittedly not romantic) promise to his fiancee, which is one thing, but also aggressively going after a servant, who is not really in a position to say no. And when she does, he completely ignores her. I kept waiting for her to draw her knife or chuck boiling water at him. Instead she sighs at his kisses and thinks they 'sizzle'.
And she
Gnome Claire *Wishes she was as cool as Gnome Ann*
I really didn't like Dominic at all, he totally disregarded Grace's wishes for pretty much the whole book doing what he thought was best and not what she actually wanted. He seduces her knowing that while she fancies him she doesn't want to be seduced, manipulates her and ignores her repeated protestations that she doesn't want to be a mistress to her best friend's husband. I can't even like someone with so little respect for someone they supposedly care about never mind believe in any chemistry ...more
Keri
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There aren't too many books I read that bring me to tears, but this ending certainly did(in a good way). Grace is determined to help her friend out. Melly has been placed in marriage contract with Dominic Wolfe and she absolutely doesn't want it. Grace pretends to be her companion as they travel to Dominic's ancestral home. Grace instantly falls in love with the house and the man. Dominic for his part wants prickly Grace and is determined to have a "white" marriage with Melly. Melly wants kids a ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Diabolical Baron (Davenport, #1)
  • Mistress
  • Undressed with the Marquess (Lost Lords of London, #3)
  • A Lady's Dream Come True (True Gentlemen, #9)
  • At Last Comes Love (Huxtable Quintet, #3)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • Heartless (Georgian, #1)
  • Once Upon a Moonlit Night (Maiden Lane, #10.5)
  • The Dress of the Season (The Blue Raven #4.5)
  • Love and Other Perils: A Regency Novella Duet
  • Reforming a Rake (With This Ring, #1)
  • His Every Kiss (Guilty, #2)
  • Gabriel: Lord of Regrets (Lonely Lords, #5)
  • Ravishing in Red (The Rarest Blooms, #1)
  • Too Wicked to Tame (The Derrings, #2)
  • Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal (The Duke's Daughters, #2; Windham, #5)
  • It Started With a Scandal (Pennyroyal Green, #10)
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
I've always loved stories. Family legend has it that I used to spend hours playing in the sand pit, with a dog on either side of me and Rocka the horse leaning over me, his head just touching my shoulder, while I told them stories. I have to say, dogs and horses are great audiences, apart from their tendency to drool occasionally. But people are even nicer.

In case you imagine we were a filthy rich

The Merridew Sisters (4 books)
  • The Perfect Rake (The Merridew Sisters, #1)
  • The Perfect Waltz (The Merridew Sisters, #2)
  • The Perfect Stranger (The Merridew Sisters, #3)