Start by marking “Daddy Kisses” as Want to Read:

Daddy Kisses

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  509 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Board Book, 14 pages
Published March 1st 2003 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Daddy Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daddy Kisses

Miriam
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
Easy reader with sweet little paintings of animals.
Lucy Orr
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Daddy Kisses follows multiple fathers as they give their children kisses. It starts off with animals such as: a bear, a bunny, and a lion. This book shows the love and affection that we get from our parents. It ends with a little boy getting kisses all over from his dad. I think this book is a quick and easy read for kids that are very young. It is short enough to keep their attention but still has a sweet lesson behind it. It teaches kids from a young age that we all love the same, even if they ...more
Chacha (Vanessa) Centeno
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, fathers, board-book
How different animal fathers kiss their young, ending with a human (diverse) father and child. I've been gathering a list of children's book without a mother figure, this is one of them.
Angie
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "What could be sweeter than adorable baby animals snuggling with their daddies? This simple board book with warm illustrations feature a variety of animals and celebrate the affection between fathers and children. Cuddles and kisses will surely abound when reading this aloud!"

My Review: I adore this book, the illustrations are cute but the best part is the kissing. Daddy animals kiss their babies on various body parts like head, neck, paws, etc. Its fun to plant a kiss on the same body
Dee
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, board-books
I really enjoy this book. It's sweet and simple, but can be a lot of fun with you and your little one. Each daddy gives his "pup", "kid", or "cub" a kiss on a different body part. (i.e. head, paw, neck) My husband kisses our daughter while we read and we get a lot of giggles. The book is great for talking about different types of animals and what baby animals are called. Very simples literature, and not a deep story.
Jessica
Sep 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
The book uses different animals to go through different daddy kisses. The pictures are gorgeously done. It starts with Daddy wolf gives his pup a kiss on the nose. Then Daddy giraffe gives his calf a kiss on the neck. It ends with my daddy kiss me all over! I think it is a sweet book for a dad and baby to read together. It is a good way for them to develop a bond and use literature to connect in a physical and emotional way.
jacky
Oct 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: dads of babies - primary
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
I brought this one home for Mike to read with Natalie, but she hasn't been receptive to it in the evenings. The illustrations are of various animals giving their babies kisses. It makes a great book for dads to read and act out with their children. (Moms and other relatives could cheat and say Mommy or whoever instead of Daddy until the kids are old enough to read).
Ellias
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
We read this almost every night and Mommy gives me kisses in the same places the animals give their babies. I especially love the the giraffe neck kiss because it tickles, and the frog eye kiss. And I like to say "paw" when I put up my hand for the squirrel kiss.
Shilpa
Jun 17, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Why did I read this you ask? I've had to attend many a baby shower and visit many new little babies over the past year----I spent ALOT of time in the children's area at the local bookstore and thought these books as well as the touch-art books were great for babies! Too cute!
Marilyn
Apr 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
All the daddy animals kiss their babies on different body parts. A baby squirrel is a "pup". The illustrations are really darling. My 2yo read this and kissed me before turning each page. So great!!!
Brian Hoffmeister
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The quintessential before book read for daddy's to read to their children. My daughter picks this book to me read to her constantly and I'm overcome with emotion every single time. This book will give you a swift kick in the feelings.
Kristen
Aug 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: baby
There aren't that many dad-focused baby books out there, and this is a good one. Daddy animals loving their babies--great illustrations and teaches body parts. Also a grand finale featuring Daddy himself!
treva
Aug 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: sid
Sid likes this because it always ends in rough-housing with Dad. I like it because it actually helped Sid learn how to find his ears, eyes, head, etc.
Emerson and Theodore
May 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very pretty illustrations. About a love between a father and babies. SD Zoo bookstore.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
a great book for a dad to read to his child/ren
Masumi
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
I love how my students kept chiming in during the story about how their dads kiss them especially before they go to sleep. It is such a simple and sweet book. The pictures are so expressive.
Felicity
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was super excited to find this companion to MOMMY HUGS! Again, superb artwork, unique simplicity, and engaging for baby :-) We will love this book for a long time!!!
Ashley
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love reading this one to Alice because I get to kiss her after every page . . . on the nose, the ear, the eye, etc. She's very kissable.
Sherry Henry
unable to open
Lowell Davis
May 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Another great book for a Daddy to read to his little one. Holden and I read this (and make great lion sounds!) frequently.
Mom
Feb 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book for Christopher to read to Elliot, precious.
Gina
Mar 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Colson's favorite book for Daddy to read at bedtime now.
Amy
May 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sam-s-shelf
Cute idea, but hasn't captured our interest.
Kelly
Originally published in 2001 in France with the title Les Bisous.
Steve
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Simple and to the point. After a few reads, my young children picked up where the daddy animal kisses the baby animal and then they hold out their version (hand for paw) for their daddy to kiss.
Chisim Metternich
Aug 15, 2014
  • B is for Bear: A Very First Book for the Baby You Love
  • I Love You, Good Night
  • Dancing with Degas
  • Mommy, Carry Me Please!
  • Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?
  • Rain
  • In My Tree
  • Snoozers: 7 Short Short Bedtime Stories for Lively Little Kids
  • I Love You As Big As the World
  • Curious George's Opposites
  • Tickle, Tickle
  • What Makes A Rainbow (Magic Ribbon Books)
  • Eight Silly Monkeys
  • My Very First Book of Shapes
  • The Baby Goes Beep
  • Me and My Dad!
  • Yawn
  • Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books)