Start by marking “Paradeisia: Origin of Paradise” as Want to Read:
Paradeisia: Origin of Paradise

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Paradeisia: Origin of Paradise

(Paradeisia Trilogy #1)

A baby vanishes from the womb without a trace. A fossil upends two centuries of scientific theory. A prehistoric virus kills thousands within days. And a resort of epic proportions prepares to open while the world's superpowers secretly watch.
Employing meticulous research into science and antiquity, author B.C.CHASE launches his controversial tour de force, the Paradeisia
Published July 4th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published June 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Paradeisia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paradeisia

Start your review of Paradeisia: Origin of Paradise
Terynce
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
That was disappointing. Even when a book is an intentional part of a series, it should be able to stand on its own. You should get a full, compelling story that leaves the reader wanting to continue to view the lives of the characters. It should not leave off, more or less, in the middle of a sentence or conversation like a tape that ran out of space. If the book cannot stand on its own, it shouldn't be a separate part of the series -- simply write one, longer book.

As such, I've no intention of
Kathleen
Mar 12, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was terribly edited, the author going into lengthy and unnecessary explanations of concepts which, if the reader was unclear easily be looked up. But inserted into the narrative, these expositors break the flow. The romantic parts, description of females is ham handed and juvenile. And there are simple repetition of words, typos and grammatical errors which completely aggravated me. And all this is unfortunate because the premise was interesting.
Michele Benchouk
I agree with others that this trilogy should have simply been one book. Each individual book in a trilogy needs to be able to stand on its own, and this set just doesn't allow for that. Having said that, it is clear that the author put a great deal of thought into the complete effort, and the decision to break it into three pieces may not have been in his hands.

As I read, I was very intrigued with the topics coming into play: killer viruses, living dinosaurs, medical abductions, DNA, ancient Egy
Richard Simms
Were I to rate this book simply on the plot, it would score far higher. It is beyond intriguing and unfolds at a fairly decent pace. That said, I have major issues with this book, which is why I'm giving it (just barely) two stars. First, this isn't so much a trilogy as a single book broken into three different parts. Compare it, for example, to the original V.C. Andrews Flowers In The Attic trilogy, where each book stood on its own as a complete story. This book arbitrarily ends on a cliffhange ...more
Denise
May 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What begins as a compelling sci-fi story rapidly progresses to complete idiocy. What virus is spreading like fire through Baltimore? Why won't the president meet with his chief advisors? What's going on in the fantastically amazing new mega resort called Paradeisia? Ultimately, I don't care. Any one of these plots might have resulted in a good book. Combine the mishmash plot with cardboard characters, and what do you get? Nonsense. I could see this as a movie that would appeal to pubescent males ...more
Carolyn Injoy
Paradeisia: Origin of Paradise by B.C. Chase Paradeisia: Origin of Paradise by B.C. Chase is a conglomeration of ideas, shaken--not stirred. It reaches Antartica, China, and the United States. It has a virulent prehistoric virus that kills thousands. In addition, palentology is getting a wake-up call. I gave it almost four stars.I received a complimentary copy in an Amazon promotion. That did not change my opinion for this review.Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Paradeisia-Ori... ...more
May 23, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, the story line is interesting, even though it's a little. . . cluttered. I kind of still want to read the second one, even though the editing was horrendous and the scientific language was a bit much at times. At one point a completely different story popped up in the middle of a chapter. There were actual editing notes in another part. I read the Kindle edition, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
Some parts of the story or characters were not very well flushed out. I feel like it
Denisia Cimpean
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I couldn't put the book down. The idea of heading towards the future depicted in the book makes you wonder where is civilization and technology headed. I don't think it should be 3 books, but one - the first and second books have no real ending.
DEBRA H. GRIFFIN
AMAZING

I really couldn't put it down and I have just started the second. What a wonderful series. Truly a must read
Tai
May 30, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My original review on the Kindle for this book was positive. I liked the first two books. The third book in the trilogy was so bad that I felt I should review this first book to warn others away. The first two have some weaknesses, mainly editorial (spelling, grammar and consistency). The third book is horrible. It is poorly written, inconsistent, weak character development and major logical flaws (not from the science perspective - it is, after all SciFi - but from the basic storytelling perspe ...more
Bea
So much potential left untapped; the story lines were all over the place, the character development was weak, too many POVS, and a pitiful lack of copy editing and proofreading. Also, the formatting was wonky.

Warning! The story ends at 60%. The rest of the 'book' is filler - notes, excerpts, etc.
Warning #2! The damn book ends on a cliffhanger and not a single story line is resolved or wrapped up. It literally ends mid-story.
Dennis
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boy am I sucked into this one! I had trouble putting it down and came, all to soon, to the cliff-hanger ending. I'm now getting reading to continue the saga with book two of the series (Violation of Paradise). I think there will at least be one more book but don't think it's out yet. Good read!
andrea sparano
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Completely enthralled

Wow. The author kept me completely enthralled with book one and I can't wait to start number two. Although moving between characters and places quickly, I had no problem following his story.

Kureiko
May 23, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'll be honest, I didn't finish this book. The premise was interesting, but it started losing me at a woman with a "nice baby bump" at 14 weeks and a first pregnancy and completely lost me when it basically called atheists idiots. No thanks.
Michael
May 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I do not think this is a stand alone book but just the first third of a book. I have read the other two "books" and I am almost finished reading the last book. I will make another comment on the last book section when I finish. *PET PEEVE-> A LOT OF TYPOS! ...more
David Attwood
Paradesia

The series was interesting and captivating. I got a bit tired of all the "Perils of Pauline" escapes and the long descriptions of dinosaurs and other life threatening characters. I enjoyed the scientific explanations that may or may not have true; the book is a work of fiction, after all.
Deborah
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than I expected

I downloaded this awhile ago thinking that it seemed mildly interesting, then got distracted by other things and forgot about it. The book has something of a Cloud Atlas feel. The writing style isn't great, but the varied intertwined plots and characters become almost mesmerizing. Looking forward to the next book!
henry c brown
Didn't hold together

This book jumps around too much! The characters are interesting, however, there is little plot and it was difficult for me to put it all together. I cannot recommend this novel!
Jacque Cullers
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is so much going on in this book and it is pretty fascinating - Biobots, dinosaur DNA, ancient viruses, disappearing babies, Jurassic Park, the "Land of the Lost", mummies, etc. I look forward to reading the next book in the series to see how they are all connected.
Julie Bolte
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Total page turner

- Lots of grammatical errors
-Suspenseful
-Fun!
-Don't take too seriously!
-Will keep you up past your bedtime!
-Sci-fi nerds only!
Katya
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a hot mess... yet I couldn't put it down until the (not much of an) ending.
It was like watching the first 30 minutes of an adventure movie- where the plot resolution??
Matt
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting mix of sci-fi, tech, etc.
Trudy Flynn
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Page turning read

I quite enjoyed this book it sure peaked my interest that's for sure. I couldn't wait to read it every night quite exciting at times. My name us Linda C Lettau.
Amanda Schlesinger
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read the original version. The one with Henery and Alicia.. what happened?!
Ali Schalop
Dec 29, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I literally hated this series so much. It doesn’t make sense. Don’t read it.
Nancy Cherne
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debbie
Jan 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ridiculous waste of time!! First off as many have said this is not a trilogy, but one book broken into three pieces. The only reason I can see for that is greed. Why sell one book when you can triple your income with three? Problem being when the first is terrible, who will come back for more? The author is great at starting a story line and giving you just enough to pique your interest, but then loses that momentum by quickly starting another completely unrelated line, again and again and again ...more
Gina Castillo
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am hooked!

Four lives, four stories all taking place simultaneously ! Great way to keep me on my toes! Intriguing read. I look forward to reading the next book. Thanks for an enjoyable ride touching on past, present and future.
Dori Arbter
Had potential

That two star rating is a very generous rating. The beginning of the book absolutely sucked me in & had me interested. However, much too often it jumped to differing storylines, which made it difficult to keep characters straight - something I rarely have an issue with. Like I mentioned, the book definitely has potential...after a few rewrites & a more cohesive way to tell the story. I'm sad to say this is one trilogy I will not be finishing.
Sea Bunny Voyager
I'm not only dissapointed, I'm slightly sad. I DNF'd this book at 20%...even after that internal voice told me (at the start of the first chapter), that I needed to bail while I still had a chance.

But why did I continue, then? Because Chase can tell a story, that much is clear. But the manner in which this story was told was difficult to get through. The plot was interesting, if very involved (with lots of characters). That didn't give me pause, I read 1000 page fantasy epics. What did give me p
« previous 1 3 next »

• Eternity (Immortal Witches, #1)
  • Voices in the Snow (Black Winter, #1)
  • The Raw Shark Texts
  • The Vagrants
  • Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit
  • A Book of Bones (Charlie Parker, #17)
  • I Married a Serial Killer
  • Incubation (Green Fields #1)
  • Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Dispatches from the Frontlines of the New Girlie-Girl Culture
  • Shadows of the Stone Benders (Anlon Cully Chronicles, #1)
  • The Graveyard Apartment
  • The Snow: A Supernatural Apocalypse Novel (Whiteout Book 1)
  • Blue Hope (Red Hope, #2)
  • Pluto's Ghost: Encounter Edition
  • Flash
  • Leap (Breakthrough, #2)
  • Paper Ghosts
  • Genesis (Ancient Origins #4)
Visit bcchase.com for free book offers.

B.C.CHASE is the internationally bestselling author of the Paradeisia Trilogy, which critics have hailed as one of the greatest franchises of our time.* His electrifying talent for combining the latest in scientific breakthroughs with edge-of-your-seat thrills has earned him a reputation as a master of suspense. Amazon has named him among its top 10 Sci-fi au

Paradeisia Trilogy (3 books)
  • Paradeisia: Violation of Paradise