Start by marking “200 Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes: Healthy Dinners That Are Ready When You Are!” as Want to Read:
200 Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes: Healthy Dinners That Are Ready When You Are!

200 Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes: Healthy Dinners That Are Ready When You Are!

Ah, the wonders of a slow cooker. After a long, hard day you can walk in the door and the aroma of a hot, home-cooked meal fills the air. You don't have to do that fast tango from fridge to pantry to stove and back again. It's nearly as good as having a personal chef! But for the low-carb dieter, traditional slow cooker recipes can be a problem. Many of them depend on pota ...more
Published January 1st 2005 by Fair Winds Press (first published December 31st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about 200 Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 200 Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes

Holly
Sep 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
I absolutely love Dana Carpender. Her cookbooks make me feel like you don't have to go to school to become an excellent cook. The recipes also make me want to experiment with ingredients and tastes. I have learned a lot from the information she presents in her cookbooks. Plus, no one can survive low-carb forever and never have desserts or only snacks of meat and deviled eggs. This is the answer!

Many people will feel that a downfall of this book is that there are no images. I personally can get a
Helen
Sep 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
It was OK, but unusable: a mainstream cookbook with main task to make food more tasty and provide more variety for people with no other limitations than low carbs.

What made it useless for me, was using a) processed food, tomatoes, dairy, eggs, pork, b) a lot of improving taste ingredients that increase significantly cost of each meal, c) no special attention to portable snacks, fast preparation (not cooking) time meals, and using fewer ingredients.
Carol
Feb 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I checked this out from the library and started marking the pages I was going to photocopy and got about a 3rd of the way through when I realized that I had marked every page. I just put it in my cart at Amazon to buy with my next order. So excited to get some low-carb recipes for my slow cooker that I got for Christmas:) My only complaint is that there are no pictures.
Amy Cummings
Feb 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This cookbook was a lifesaver when I was working retail full time while my husband and I were low-carb dieting. We tried probably 30+ recipies out of this book so far and every one has been wonderful. Made me fall in love with my crock pot even more (if that is at all possible)!
Laurie
Apr 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book is a bit out of date. Many of the recipes I thought looked good called for ingredients that are no longer available - such as low-carb instant potatoes.
Dana Cordelia
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have not tried too many recipes, but the ones I have, have been delicious. Recommended for low carbers and crock pot lovers!
Amy
Feb 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very interesting! I'm always looking for new recipes to use in my crock pot. I xeroxed a few "finds". My only disappointment with this book is no pictures!
Stephen Carlton
Sep 17, 2015
Ryon
Jan 14, 2009
Rick
rated it did not like it
Aug 21, 2016
May 17, 2017
Tevilla
Apr 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dana Carpender started her writing career as a self-published author. In 1995, after years of creative low fat cooking featuring whole grains and other “healthy” carbohydrates, and despite five step aerobics classes per week, she found herself a size 20, and gaining! Worse, her blood pressure was rising, and she was left dragging by energy swings. Dropping carbs long before it was fashionable, Car ...more