Jump to ratings and reviews

Hellions Ride #7

Heated Ride

The Hellions motorcycle club is a commitment for life, one Ruben Ruby Castillo believes in. His wife, Jenna Vida Natera de Castillo, has given her life to being his ol' lady and the mother to their three children. She takes her commitment to her man seriously. People change, and over time, passion can fizzle. Life for Jenna falls apart the day Ruby no longer says I do. Keeping the fires burning in a marriage is hard. Will the chaos of the club bring them back together, or is it what pulls them further apart? Will these two find the flame again? Will their love find a new spark on their heated ride through life? Contains mature themes.

210 pages, Kindle Edition

Published January 24, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Chelsea Camaron

98 books2,422 followers
USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author Chelsea Camaron is a small town Carolina girl with a big imagination. She is a wife and mom chasing her dreams.

She writes contemporary romance, erotic suspense, and psychological thrillers. She loves to write blue-collar men who have real problems with a fictional twist. From mechanics to bikers to oil riggers to smokejumpers, bar owners, and beyond, she loves a strong hero who works hard and plays harder.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 151 reviews
Profile Image for Erth.
3,372 reviews
May 20, 2020
If you haven't taken a ride with the Hellions - run- go get on the back of that bike (pick up the books hehe) and enjoy the ride!
I absolutely adore Chelsea Camaron's Hellions men and Ruben was no different. The man is sexy and he knows it. He's a man that has it all, but he finds himself missing that something, that spark.
One moment of honesty nearly costs him everything.
The ride he takes you on is very heated indeed.
I absolutely loved Jenna, she was strong, she was you- she was me- if you have ever been married or in a long-term relationship this book will hit you with all the feels.
This was so relatable that Chelsea could have been sitting in my living room writing this at some points in my life.
Kudos for taking on an every day topic that hits this close to home and doing it beautifully. There is no cheating in this book and there is an HEA you will love and respect.
Profile Image for Natalie  ~ The Biblioholic.
2,472 reviews1,204 followers
November 9, 2016
Chelsea Camaron has taken us on a reunion tour. Or at least that's what it feels like. Each book gives us a clear picture on the lives of the many characters that comprise the Hellions MC Club. This book was no different. We're reintroduced to Ruby and Jenna (who I vaguely remember from One Ride). They've been married for what seems like forever and the day-to-day monotony seems to have stolen or smothered their spark. The plot line and characters were again very realistic. Maybe not my life in particular because my azz would have been gone a long time ago (sorry but I didn't love Jenna), but I believe it holds true for many people. Jenna did annoy me but that's not hard because I'm a tough critic of females who aren't inherently badass. However, my dislike of her didn't stop me from trying to see things from her perspective.

I must say that I'm pretty excited to read the next book, Originals Ride. It'll be interesting to see how the Hellions got their start. Ride on!

A copy was generously provided in exchange for an honest review
Profile Image for Yelena Bosh.
402 reviews41 followers
January 28, 2016
OK. I wont lie. I dedicated an entire day to reading all the Hellions MC book series.. I wasn't sure if it was possible considering I had so many other ARCs due that same day but you know what? Addictive doesn't even begin to cover this series!! From the very first one, ONE RIDE and all the way throughout to HEATED RIDE, I seriously could not get enough of the Hellion's MC men and their stories. This one though, Heated Ride was a little different than the rest..

I'm not usually a big fan of stories with married couple, personal reasons, so I don't jump at the idea of delving into one. BUT, having met Ruby and Vida my whole perspective changed. I did a complete 180.

Their relationship is so strong and heartbreaking but full of soul and love! I can't imagine what it's like to be married for 10 years but having so many people around me that have been married from barely half a year to over 20 years like my parents, I can understand a little about the different dynamics. Particularly that of a Motorcycle Club and the reality behind it..

So much happens in this story that I almost wish there was book 2 just for those two. That was one part that made me rate it a 4, nothing else. I just wish there was a little more but that might be greedy since I LOVED both these different characters equally.

You get your share of the MC world.

You get your alpha male.

You get a steamy story.

Tattoos - Check!

Bikers - Check!

Possessiveness - Check!

Steamy-ness - Check!

Hot men - DOUBLE check!

Love - Absolutely, Check!!

BUT.

You also get something that might often be missing in these type of Romances, or that hasn't always been some a big presence.

REALITY.

I know what you might be thinking. Why admire reality in a fictional world that you picked with one reason being to get away from the real world? Well, HEATED RIDE blends reality with fiction in such a way that it makes you wish you had more. More of their story, more of their relationship in your life and more importantly a love so strong that it soon makes you realise how there are real life people out there that go through only one marriage for years on end, till their last breath. THAT'S what this gorgeously sexy story does.

It takes you away from your reality but with that, it brings you right along into a world that feels so real, you wish it was part of yours. Does that make sense?

I recommend you pick up ONE RIDE and then every single other Hellions MC book right up to HEATED RIDE because you will be thanking the author for creating such a beautiful, dark, messed up, heated and addictive world.. You don't only get to live in the MC world for one pair of characters but 7. SEVEN DIFFERENT MC WORLDS!! I don't think it gets any better than that especially for an MC and all things tattooed and alpha attitude filled men addict like myself!

LOVED IT and can't wait for more of your work Chelsea Camaron!! Thank you so fucking much for introducing my to your take on bikers, sexy men, soulfulness and heartbreak. Oh and love!
Profile Image for Tori.
2,805 reviews476 followers
February 3, 2016
Originally posted at SmexyBooks-

Favorite Quote: “Lo sienti, mi amour, lo siento.”

GRADE: B+

Chelsea Camaron’s 7th installment of her action laded and emotionally packed Hellion MC series deviates from her usual storyline. In this installment, she focuses all her attention on one couple and their troubled marriage. Camaron does a fantastic job of examining the physical and emotional separation that can occur in any long term relationship and dissecting its causes. Every relationship has it’s highs and lows. Add in kids, work, family, and the little things that require your attention day in and day out and it’s quite easy to fall into a rut.You wake up one day wondering where the passion and heat that brought you two together has disappeared to. No punches are pulled in here. Camaron doesn’t downplay her couple’s narrative or thoughts in order to make the story smoother for them and us.

Ruby, Vida, and her brother Julio grew up together in poverty in Mexico. They left and came to the United States in order to make a better life for themselves. Ruby and Vida found the Hellions MC and never looked back. Ruby rose in the ranks and he and Vida present a strong front in and out of the club. A series of scenes shows us the discontent that has been brewing and that eventually comes to a head in their marriage. Rudy forgets that Vida is more than just his “old lady and wife”. She is also mother, a caregiver, homemaker, and a woman with her own needs and desires. Vida discovers she has gradually lost a part of herself as the years have passed-becoming more of an extension of her children and Rudy. The pivotal moment where it all comes out in the open is heartbreaking but necessary. Like a festering wound, the lancing is painful but it allows for the healing to begin.

I enjoyed meeting Ruby and Vida and watching them fight their way back to solid ground. Both are strong, loyal, passionate people who aren’t ones to back away from a fight. It took Vida a little longer to get her “groove” back but when she did-look out. Rudy didn’t stand a chance when the girl he fell in love with shows him the woman he is thinking of letting go of. The heat and chemistry between them is strong; the love and confusion over their separation is a palpable force that comes off the pages in waves.

External issues within the MC and Ruby and Vida’s own family all push their way into the marriage and force Rudy and Vida to start working together and not dwell too long on their hurt feelings. I loved how intuitive the MC was to Ruby and Vida’s feelings and the advice and help they offered. Too often in MC romances, marriage is treated like another cog in the MC wheel and not a separate component that deserves respect and nurturing. In this series, Camaron always brings the conflict, angst, humor, and emotional tone that makes her characters so engaging and stories so entertaining; but in here we see a more serious side to Camaron, giving us the feeling that this story and couple’s journey may hold a deeper meaning for her.

The balance between the conflict and the subplots was perfect. The blending flawless and neither felt as if they were competing against one another other. The arc is slightly expanded and new characters and storylines are introduced. I hope we see more of Vida’s brother in the future, along with an update as to how Ruby and Vida are faring. Even though this is part of an ongoing series, it could easily be read as a standalone.

Heated Ride was an enjoyable, heartfelt ‘ride’ that made me take a long, hard look at aspects in my own long term marriage (15 years) and how easy it is to lose ourselves in the motions and take our partner for granted.
Profile Image for Christina Pannell.
510 reviews20 followers
March 25, 2018
I loved this book. Not gonna lie. I cried through about the first half all because I reallt connected with Vida and Ruby Castillo. I think anyone who has had problems in their relationship and marriage can connect on a deeper level.
This is definitely a top book in this series
Profile Image for Fatimama.
1,017 reviews53 followers
September 9, 2017
Ruben (H) was a whiny bitch! Wtf his wife (h) is taking care of 3 kids aside from a job outside the house. And she doesn't even complain about his club business. He actually had the audacity to say he isn't in love with her anymore and he was tempted to fuck ow. Omfg! I wished Jenna (h) divorced his ass! Or actually moved on and met new people, have a life away from the club! She took him back way too easily. And who the fuck complains about a wife who doesn't make a scene or throw out clothes?!
Profile Image for Kim.
475 reviews10 followers
January 29, 2016
Well this book was a glaring example of why I will never understand the use of pregnancy or a baby as a HEA in the many, many books that do just that. Like having babies automatically means rainbows and unicorns, forever. It was also a prime example of the many reasons why I never wanted them. So needless to say this book just wasn’t for me. I did not like Jenna. At. All. I did feel for Ruby at times, because sorry but while I understand Jenna was tired and busy she also came across as cold to him. I also for the life of me could not get her just giving up or being so oblivious to how things were with her husband before it all blew up. She was also just a complete bitch at times and she never tried to fight for them yet refused to truly let him go. I mean if you don’t want him and refuse to work on anything divorce the man, you bitch. So needless to say I ended up skimming this one just to make sure I didn’t miss anything about the club. I was honestly hoping Ruby would demand the divorce and find someone who would fight for them. I loved the first books in this series but these past two just were not for me.
Profile Image for Jessica Alcazar.
3,860 reviews434 followers
March 17, 2019
Again I have to mention how ridiculously good this series gets book after book after book. The stories are great individually, but the series as a whole is phenomenal. This is a brotherhood that should not be missed by any reader of this trope #TRUST

Ruben and Jenna story was a real struggle. Their story was a journey back to HEA. It was a story of finding your way, of loss and rebirth, you might say. Jenna was at a stalemate of sorts. Her marriage to Ruben had spiraled down to barely anything but the heart was there. It was hiding. The love was there. It had to be reclaimed. It had to be fought for. It had to be uncovered ... Can they do it?

This story took me by surprised more than the previous because of the emotions it brought out of me. I felt both Ruben and Jenna's pain and struggle. It was real and it was relatable. It was palpable in the pages. But so was their deep rooted love :) It all just had to be rediscovered! <3

Copy provided for blog tour
59 reviews1 follower
August 17, 2016
I have mixed feelings about this one. While it was well written and completely believable I felt I sided with Jenna. Being a mother and having a long relationship and marriage myself I completely understood how she felt. It seemed to me that she basically did all the looking after the kids, cooking, cleaning etc and tried to look after her man. What did Ruby do? Yes he worked to provide for them but did little to help out with them except the occasional breakfast. He had his mates and the MC and the way I saw it he did very little in the upbringing of them. Get up to a cooked meal, go to work, come home to a cooked meal, relax while his wife gets the kids to bed etc then expect loving from his wife at bedtime. His wife also works during the day but manages to cook,work,clean,get the kids to school and try to look after him as well. Yet he is stifled? Yeah right. Sounded like he was a sookie little boy. And how did she come into her own when they were apart. She was doing the same thing everyday except he wasn't there so I don't see where she did anything for herself. Yes he was a big bad biker but what did he expect would happen when they had kids. It seemed like he was jealous that his wife's time was taken in actually looking after all the kids that he wanted. And then to want another one was not the answer to further happiness. It takes a lot of work to maintain it all and it just seemed to me that he was all for himself and didn't take in consideration that the main person doing all the work to maintain the happy family perhaps needed some time to herself and understanding which he didn't give. End of my rant.
Profile Image for Dayreader Reviews.
792 reviews63 followers
January 25, 2016
I love MC books. But this was so much more than guy meets girl, fall in love, face obstacle, get back together, and have a happy ending. Life doesn't just end there. What happens after the "happily ever after." In the words of Reuben 'Ruby' Castillo, it's like his life is on "wash, rinse, repeat". He still loves the woman he married - but Jenna is no longer the woman he married. Marriage is now - boring.

This is so close to real life, it's scary! This isn't about being in an MC, this is about being in marriage. This is an emotionally charged read that focuses on not placing blame on one particular person. Sometimes in life, a person can become so focused on taking care of their spouse or their children, they forget and lose sight of taking care of themselves; and accepting that in a marriage there is growth - both personally and in the union. And this is about finding yourself before you can find the unity in a marriage.

This was beautiful and inspiring and sometimes, very raw. Heat Ride is the seventh in Chelsea Camaron's Hellion's MC series and can be read as a standalone - although I encourage reading the entire series as well. 5-stars for Chelsea Camaron's Heated Ride! She never disappoints!
Profile Image for Rose.
1,346 reviews12 followers
January 8, 2017
WOW!!!! I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!

I was a little leery about reading this one, even put it off several times, because of the blurb. But OMG, this book was fantastic!!!! I cried my freaking eyes out!!!! Then I wanted to yell at both Ruby and Jenna at different times. But in the end, it turned out to probably be my favorite book in this series to date!!!! The feelings these two had about their lives at the different stages were so real, so normal, and just so heartbreaking, that it really made you feel what they were feeling. And that ending, PERFECT!!!!!
Profile Image for Kristin Campbell.
Author 7 books174 followers
January 3, 2016
This book was scary accurate to how couples can become so complacent in their marriage. Camaron did an amazing job on portraying feelings, the progression of this story, and I love her thought process for her characters.

I don't want to say too much more on this book, in fear of giving something away. I will say that this book will stay close to my heart. It definitely hit a spot inside me, and I can relate to many things happening in this book.
Profile Image for Marie Vasquez.
1,598 reviews73 followers
review logo
4.5 HEATED STARS

To date, this was my favorite in the Hellions Ride series. In my opinion, Heated Ride is THE most emotional and darkest story in the Hellions Ride series. The story for Vida and Ruby was the most realistic and intense of them all. What Chelsea Camaron touches on is something that is relateable to almost any married couple out there.

Ruby and Vida have been together for years. Their love has gone strong and has been the #relationshipgoal for the other brothers and their ol' ladies. Seeing them together gave everyone else hope for having something just as wonderful and great. But with daily life and routine, sometimes a couple looses its spark, and that's what happens here.

Vida is not just Ruby's wife and love of his life, she's also mother to their three children, an employee for the club's storage facility and a woman with a full plate on her hands. She's busy from the moment she wakes up until the moment she lays her head. Ruby has issue with that because, the passion they once shared is gone. He wants to be able to stop at any given moment and enjoy the pleasures of being with his wife, but with young children...that's just not always possible.

Being a typical man, he says things he can't take back; which starts a chain of events that threatens their happy home. He's tired of the monotony in their lives and wants to go back to how things were when they were young, in love and couldn't keep their hands off of each other.

I can't tell you how real this story felt for me. There was plenty of MC action to keep the story vibrant with suspense but the emotional of the aspect was what really did it for me. It's a situation I've seen and felt in the real world, my world and those around me.

I loved experiencing this with them as they came to terms with their role in how they lost their spark as well as their lows at realizing how much they mean to each other. This was truly and emotionally heated ride and I enjoyed it immensely.

hellion-mc-series

Profile Image for Tash.
1,267 reviews101 followers
January 29, 2016
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for a honest review
Heated Ride is the story that changes this series. Yes we had the heartbreak and seen people rise a above the ashes. But what do you do when your marriage is falling apart because you have become complacent. Returning to where it all began with the charter club. Camaron deliver a personal heartbreaking story that will send shivers down your spine for how accurate it is .Ruby and Jenna are childhood sweethearts who fought their way to better life. From Mexico to the USA.Now they are married with three children and on surfaces things look great. Ruby is the shop manager for the garage whilst Vida is perfect old lady looking after him and their kids whilst working at the storage facility , Doll’s old job. The only person missing from their life, is Julio her brother , his best friend who came to America with him and went back to Mexico.

However behind close doors in their house, there is a total different situation. They are falling apart and the flame is nearly extinguished.

As Ruby and Jenna struggle with their lives and make some hard decisions as they try to figure out their marriage. Life has gotten in the way and without realising they have changed. When did things change? When did life together get so hard. When did it become a chore? So many questions and no answers, there is only thing to do fight.

Their marriage isn’t the same anymore and their love isn’t defined anymore by the same terms. Will they be able to survive these testing times whilst the club is thrown into chaos making them question everything single little thing and forcing them to address their marriage and lives.

Heated Ride is the most heartbreaking ride as of yet in this series and the author doesn’t disappoint as tells a story of a couple that could be anyone, anytime and anyplace in a beautiful poetic way MC style. It maybe standalone, but I love reading these books in order and discovering these characters when they need to tell a story. Ruby and Vida story was perfect in many ways and whilst I don’t understand personally the postion that they were in. I loved the author for writing this book and using her personal experiences.

4.5 couples

For more of my reviews, visit Confessions From Romaholics.And drop by the blog's Facebook page
Profile Image for Andrea.
104 reviews15 followers
January 15, 2016
Heated Ride by Chelsea Camaron is book seven in the Hellions Motorcyle Club series. I have fallen in love with this series. Just when I think I can't fall for another couple, bang, here I go again! This book is a little bit different from the others in the series. I totally related to this beautiful, sometimes heartbreaking story. If you are a wife, and mom, and have gone through a rough patch in your marriage or relationship, this is one book you will definitely relate too. Just from reading Chelsea's book dedication, and then her reader's message, I couldn't wait to dive in .. I knew this book was going to hit close to home. It sure did. I sympathized with both Ruby and Vida, understood where they both were coming from. Life gets in the way sometimes. We lose focus and veer off track of who and what are important. People change. The definition of love, between two people, sometimes changes in the process. It's being able to communicate, pick up the pieces, and work together to make it whole again.

Ruben "Ruby" Castillo is in the Hellion MC. His wife is Jenna "Vida" Natera de Castillo. She is his Vida, his life. They have three beautiful children together. Her entire life revolves around her family and her man. Ruby left Mexico to come to the US for a new life and all that it has to offer. He came with his best friend, Julio, who is also Jenna's brother. They brought Jenna along so she can escape her abusive father. Ruby and Jenna fall in love and marry. Julio ends up back in Mexico. As I mentioned above, people change and lose focus. The definition of love changes. Passion and desire are lost along the way. Caught up in life's changes are both Ruben and Jenna. Ruby has made a life for himself, being a member of the Hellions MC, and a husband and father. Ruby and Vida have lost their way. Can these two people find their way and come back together? Can their relationship be as spicy as it once was? Will they find that spark to ignite it all? Can their love be the same? Will an incident that caused Jenna harm have them fighting to keep what they have built? Can the walls come down? Can they find their way back with the help of the Hellions MC family.

This book had me thinking about a rough spot in my own personal life many years ago. I was teary eyed more than once while reading Ruben and Jenna's story. It really makes you think and feel. It was a 5 star read to me and something I totally connected with. I was given an advanced copy for an honest reiview.
Profile Image for Sue.
1,908 reviews23 followers
January 11, 2016
I pretty much have read everything in Chelsea Camaron's library of work and am never disappointed. Some books are lighter than others, some have more humor, some are downright sexy as hell and others, like Heated Ride, touch a spot in my heart that really hurts.
A marriage with young children that is falling apart, losing its spark and passion and when there is nothing to be done about it but take a break...well that is heartbreaking for everyone.
Ruby fought his way into the US from Mexico and brought his childhood friend Jenna with him to escape a bad situation. As a member of the Hellions MC, Ruby has fought to survive, make a name for himself, earn a reputation as a stand-up guy and family man while always putting his club first and taking on the role of protector for his wife and kids. When did everything get so complicated and fall apart and how will the pieces get put back together again? These are just some of the questions that Ruby and Jenna must struggle to figure out and when outside forces threaten them even more than their crumbling marriage, things get very precarious and dangerous and it is only with strength (and the help of the MC brotherhood) that they can try to find a way out.
I'm not going to lie...this book made me tear up and cry a few times and made me think deeply about what went wrong in my own life (and other readers may have similar experiences)...because Camaron has a way of digging down into the dirt and pulling up the ugly truth whether we want it or not.
This one is very different from the usual books in the Hellions MC series but I appreciated it for the honest portrayal of married life and human nature in general.
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

***** 5 ***** "heartbreaking but uplifting" stars
Profile Image for Sheri.
163 reviews16 followers
January 18, 2016

Rudy and Vida go way back, I am not just talking the length of time they were married but all the way back to when they were kids trying to get out of Mexico. Ruby (Ruben) was friends with Vida's (Jenna) brother when he was younger and both always had a dream to get out and have the "American Dream" but there was someone who was left behind, Vida. Two years later, Ruby sends for Vida and declares her his and everything works out fine. Fast forward a few years and MC member Ruby and his old lady Vida are at a crossroad. Where did the passion go? Where did they loose themselves? Was is the daily struggles that a family has that made them loose the spark. Both are still madly in love with their spouse but struggle with trying to show it. Mix in kids, jobs, a MC, and a troublemaker brother and these two have the cards stacked against them. Or do they?

Lets just say that this isn't your typical MC book.Yes it has sexy alpha's who ride bikes, dangerous situations and tough Old Ladies, but what Chelsea Camaron delivers is probably the best thing she has ever written. I found myself almost in tears and choked up. The plot is so surreal it's not funny. Many couples struggle with having "Loss their Spark" and with this non-typical MC book you can see that even your fantasy couple struggles as well.

This book is part of a series but however could be read as a stand alone. I highly suggest you read the other books in the series. They are fantastic.

This Arc was provided in return for my honest review. Reviewed for We Stole Your Book Boyfriend Blog.
January 16, 2016
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv
Heated Ride by Chelsea Camaron
I received this book from the author for an honest review.
Oh the FEELS!! This books is a killer on the heart and Tummy! I got teary eyes, a lump in my throat and lots of butterflies. Vida and Ruby are a couple who have loved each other their entire lives but life, children, work and every day stress gets in the way. Ruby and Vida come to a cross roads and the worst words ever are stated “ I don’t love you anymore.” Devastation and heart ache ensue for this couple. They love strong and fierce but they have lost the ability to connect. She can’t understand why he doesn’t understand her anymore and he is just lost as to what happened to his Life…his Vida….the woman who lived to put him in his place. Where did her fire go?
I think this books does an AMAZING job of looking at the struggles that married couples can find themselves in….with the whole “grass is greener on the other side” kind of thinking. They love their partner but they have changed and grown and maybe not essentially grown together but grown apart.
I loved how Ruby and Vida have to redefine who they are as a person…not just their other persons significant other or the parent to their children but who THEY ARE. They have to find themselves in order to try and fix the couple that they are or where.

November 9, 2016
5 ++++ Stars All the feels!!

When I read the synopsis for this one, I was like...meh.... I don't know the characters....I'll read to review but was not too interested in the content. Huh. Shows you what I know. I read a LOT of books. I read a lot of great stories. Since I read so much I am always looking for different, new, something that evokes emotion for me. This one pulled that off and then some.

I spent this entire book with tears in my eyes. This one is not an MC book. It's about life. Maybe it's because I am falling into my 25th year of marriage, maybe it was just the mood I was in, but this one touched me. The author writes Vida and Ruby as real characters. It's nice to have a HEA but then what happens after kids, after 10 years married and a lifetime knowing each other?

This book is about as real as it gets showing the "for better or worse" part of those marriage vows. Their inner thoughts, the lack of communication, the thoughts of failure.... all very well written and pulling out all the feels. The MC is there in the background trying to help hold things together. Ultimately it is up to Ruby and Vida to decide if their love is worth fighting for.

I hope the author isn't writing from experience. But if so, I hope that time has healed what was broken. Fantastic book about the course of love!

*Complimentary copy received for an honest review.
Profile Image for Michele A..
2,645 reviews13 followers
March 27, 2016
Jenna and Ruby have been together and married for years and have 3 children together. Ruby has decided that the spark is no longer there in his marriage and takes action knowing that he is causing Jenna pain but doesn't see any way around it. Jenna is juggling a job, 3 kids and a demanding biker and is at a loss as to what more she can do. While she realizes that the spark is gone in their marriage she knows it's not just her. Ruby falls into the "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome and almost costs himself his whole life. Ruby does finally start to get his head on straight and see that he was partly responsible for not keeping their love burning but Jenna is already moving past him. She begins to rebuild her life and wants nothing to do with someone who would devastate her the way he did. Jenna does take responsibility for some of their marriage woes but also doesn't let Ruby getting away without acknowledging his part in it. Ruby realizes that he needs to fight for his family and to get Jenna back but knows it won't be easy. Jenna faces a life-threatening situation and realizes that life is short. She had a great backbone once she started putting some of her needs and wants first and wasn't just a doormat to her husband and children. It was nicely done and didn't just fluff over their problems.
Profile Image for Renee Entress.
4,970 reviews69 followers
January 27, 2016
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. This story contains heartbreak, pain, secrets, and sweet healing love.

If you have not already read the below I recommend reading them first:
One Ride (The Hellions Ride, #1)
Forever Ride (The Hellions Ride, #2)
Merciless Ride (The Hellions Ride #3)
Eternal Ride (The Hellions Ride #4)
Innocent Ride (The Hellions Ride #5)
Simple Ride (The Hellions Ride #6)

This is Jenna ‘Vida’ Natera de Castillo and Ruben ‘Ruby’ Castillo’s story. Ruby and Vida have been together forever. They are married with children. What happens when the spark is gone? Will they fight for their marriage or will it be all over? Can they fall in love again or is the love gone? What happens when you say something you wish you could take back? Will you get the chance to prove your love or will you be shut out? Can Ruby and Vida rekindle there love and marriage or is this the end? What happens when your life revolves around your man and the MC will you have to give everything up if you are no longer together? When Vida is put into danger will Ruby be able to get her back? Or is she really gone forever?

I highly recommend this story and this series. Can’t wait to see what this author has in store for us next.
Profile Image for Natasha.
699 reviews16 followers
January 25, 2016
I received a ARC in exchange for a honest review.
5* read.
Although this is part of a series it can be read as a standalone although you do see character's from past books. It's also dark in some places which is to be expected with a MC book. I've loved this series from the very first book. I usually struggle with MC books as I can either love it or hate it, but this series I completely fell in love with and was really excited for Ruben and Jenna's story. Ruben and Jenna grew up together and Ruben was Jenna's brother best friend. Jenna's been in love with Ruben since she was about 9 and now they are married with 3 children but the cracks are starting to show. This was such an emotional story and to go on their journey with them as they faced all the bumps was a complete emotional read and I found my heart breaking for them at times. I don't want to say to much more but this book and the others in the series are well worth a read for any MC lover out there and I can't wait for the next.
Profile Image for Glenna Maynard.
Author 140 books1,376 followers
June 22, 2016
One moment of honesty nearly costs him everything.
The ride he takes you on is very heated indeed.
July 13, 2018
5 Stars from Sammy's Book Obsession!
Heated Ride is the real deal, married-life, romance book! I've never read another quite like it. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say that this book is extremely realistic and tells a tale of the marriage between a realistic husband and wife with the MC life thrown into the mix.
This book was very well written as I've come to expect and appreciate from author Chelsea Camaron. The characters in this one are unique to the others because they are both Mexican and came to America young. I think I even learned some Spanish while reading this!
I can't wait to read the next book in this series! If you like Biker/MC Romance, do not miss this book!
Profile Image for shms.
1,147 reviews
January 27, 2018
I haven't read any of the others in the series and picked this up as I was in the mood for marriage problems type of romance, biker style. Well what I got was marriage problems, and for 60% of the book the biker context was irrelevant. There was more than a thread of realism running through this troubled marriage tale but the over top prose, with the whiny, feel sorry for myself H did not make for an entertaining read. the last 30% or so saw some action but it felt like a bolt on to make the book 'bikerish'.

There was an every day humdrum type of tone to the troubles faced in the relationship between the H and the h, and too much telling and not enough showing. In fact now I'm not sure I would give the other books in the series a try.
Profile Image for Le Ann Foster.
739 reviews5 followers
October 24, 2016
☆☆Reviewed for Hooked On Books and CherryOBlossoms Promotions ♡ ♡

I gave this book 5 Ruby Stars!

I don't read alot about about married couples but this book sucked me in and I couldn't put it down or hide my emotions. While reading this book I had a connection with it. I went through some of the same things last year with my husband and we have been together since we were 16 too. I'm happy to say that all did work out well and I'm glad a had emotional connection to this Amazing book. The emotions a real and raw and I personally think that it's my favorite in the series. Chelsea has once again brung a true love story for us to read and I can't wait to read what is next from her.
Profile Image for Amanda Lanclos.
Author 17 books96 followers
January 15, 2016
This is one of my favorite stories yet by Chelsea Camaron. It was like I was sitting on the seat of that bike waiting for everything to happen as I watched the story unfold. Some of the feelings in this book are described so well that you feel as if you are the one going through it with Ruben and Jenna. I felt like at one point I was Jenna and her hurt was my own. If you haven't yet read a Hellions book I highly recommend it! You will laugh, cry and cheer whenever things happen in this book. Snag your copy today!
Profile Image for Becca Reads.
281 reviews
February 9, 2016
Watching a marriage fall apart is never fun and this story definitely made me have an ugly cry. Watching the marriage being put back together was wonderful. I enjoyed seeing characters from past books as well. I think because I am a mom of 3 this really struck close to home for me. Keeping the fire in a marriage after 3 kids has been tough. Ruben and Jenna will be favorites for me and I expect to reread this one
Profile Image for Nikki.
7 reviews
May 14, 2017
I usually love biker romance, but I had to turn this off 15 minutes into the Audio book. I actually stopped shaving my legs, turned off the shower and got out to turn off the recording because of the absolute garbage show the audio book is.

The racist, incredibly bad accents of the narrators are bad, but paired with content exclusively containing Mexican stereotypes and aggressive misogyny? Thanks but no.

Seriously- cultural context FFS.
Profile Image for ⚜️ Lacey ⚜️.
471 reviews2 followers
May 22, 2016
Great book. Tells the story of how easily a couple who genuinely love each other can lose themselves and each other in everyday life and family responsibilities, and how easily that can result in the severing of their bonds.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 151 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.