Start by marking “Boomtown (Freebirds, #1)” as Want to Read:
Boomtown (Freebirds, #1)

Boomtown

(Freebirds #1)

Her I wanted to have a pity party of one when I went for that beer. I never imagined I would meet a dark and dangerous man. That man took me on the wildest ride of my life. Literally and Figuratively. He quickly became my entire world. Him I didn't know I was looking for her. I saw her warming that bar stool and knew she would be mine. A man like me doesn't deserve the lik ...more
Published April 29th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published June 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Boomtown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boomtown

Start your review of Boomtown (Freebirds, #1)
Erth
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cheyenne decides she needs a pity party for one and the best place to do it is at a bar, she has no plans to pick anyone up just wants to have a drink but then she meets Sam. Cheyenne goes home with Sam and the next morning she isn't sure what to do with the man.

Sam knows Cheyenne is it for him, but he also knows if he states his intent she is going to balk. Giving Cheyenne time to understand is rushed though when Cheyenne is in danger.

I had been curious about Sam and Cheyenne's story and it as
TF
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 Stars…..and I'm being generous.

• Poor grammar and improper usage of vocabulary words…note to author, thesaurus is sometimes not your friend.
• H - Described as tall, good looking with great abs…that's all you get folks!
• h - Quirky, classy and intelligent…NOT……more like immature, tacky and just plain stupid.
• MCs physical attributes - I appreciate when an author doesn't always describe the h as having the " fantastic tight thin but can eat anything she wants body" BUT let's see a balance
Janie
I absolutely loved the hero in this book. The heroine got on my nerves a lot though. She was very immature a lot of the time. They had a great relationship and only had eyes for each other but her bitchiness got on my nerves. I still really enjoyed the book though. Loved the side characters and can't wait to read their stories.

I have to say that after reading the second book that I really like this h now.
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good story. I liked Cheyenne and Sam very much and the story was really enjoyable. I'll definitely be willing to try more from this author in the future.

This was a great job for the author's first book but I will admit there were some editing errors. There were about 5-10 errors throughout the book that I remember reading and then realizing it was an editing mess up. There were also a couple of flashbacks in which I think the transitions could have been smother on, somet
~`*Ella Lee*`~
I hate, HATE giving this book 3 stars. But I just couldn't give it any higher.
Why do I hate that I had to do this? Because the story was awesome. The first scene of these two together literally set my vagina on FIRE (um - let me clarify that: not like STD fire, but like everything turns to liquid Fire - in a good non-scented way)
The story of how these two came together, the side characters, the backgrounds, everything GREAT!
The downside: the failure to edit this book. Usually I don't give a shi
Lu Bielefeld
==>Re-read 2016, April 01
==> Read 2014, January 12

Resenha em português e inglês / Review in Portuguese and English

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Gostei do livro inicial desta série.
Começa com a história do Sam e da Chey. Os dois se conhecem em um bar no dia do aniversário dela. Eles sentem uma atração irresistível e ela decide que é ele que vai tirar a virgindade dela.
A partir dali os dois começam um jogo de gato e rato, nenhum dos dois querendo dar o primeiro passo.
Mas um pe
Cami
May 08, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars!

Seriously I wanted to give this 4 stars but I just can't and this is why:
I don't need a play by play of every little thing.....every change of an outfit, every hairstyle as it's being done, every turn of a switch and/or opening and closing of a cabinet door or every time someone needs to pee. IF it pertains to the story, as in affects it in some manner, then yes I want to know but otherwise it is just babble & filler.
*Sorry, rant over.

It is a nice combination of Insta love/smut/alp
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩

Ever read a book and wanted to know the history of a character? How did they get this way, what or who influenced them, and who they are at their core? Boomtown gave me all of that and more!

Cheyenne was having a bad day. It was her birthday and she was all alone, but she wasn't going to let that stop her from getting a little celebrating in. The bar she chose... Sam's haunt. And when he gets his first glimpse of her, something tells him he won't ever be looking away. They started off explosi
Cristina
Either I was the problem or the book was that bad.
The problem had to do with:
1) the way the book was written. We have two POVs but we rarely know who's talking. In a few occasions there will an indication of who's speaking...other times you'll be lucky to know. And because the transition is so quick more than often I found myself confused especially when they interacted with other people. I mentioned this first because it could also be ME being slow and not catching up but having two POVs chan
Emily

I had been curious about Sam and Cheyenne's story and it as
Vashti
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First book in this series by LLV.
I really like the hero Sam...but the heroine was way too juvenile for my taste.I am so much harder on my heroines .I enjoyed this book very much but I felt it way too long...there were some grammer mistakes, but I am no grammer Nazi , so I just ignored it and carried on.
Very nice epilogue and am vested in this series..I proably wont read all the books in this series as some of them are not to my tastes, but I like this world that LLV has created.
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Nichole's Sizzling Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Sizling Pages on TSU

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

Email: sizzlingpages@gmail.com

So this is where it all started. Sam had to grow on me. I like when the hero chases.. But he did come around and the fact he knew she was the one from the first moment was so amazing. I loved all the secondary characters and am so excited to get caught up on this series but really this was perfect timing since this book is how Luke was introd
Mizz Latte

Cheating: none
HEA: yes with babies
Triggers: none

Average score: 3.5/5

Best Line: “The last thing I cared about was her getting jiggly. I loved her body, and wouldn’t care if she actually put on a little weight.”

Worst Line: “I know it was childish”

Personal Review:
A sweet MC romance between a heroic biker and a smart-mouthed slightly immature heroine
Barbara➰
***4.25 Stars

I really enjoyed this book. Sam was such a great hero. I loved him. I especially liked how as soon as he saw Cheyenne, he knew she was the one. I'm a big time fan of insta-love and this was right up my alley. I did get frustrated a little when they would go a week or so in between interactions in the beginning with neither willing to make the first move. Sam finally got his head out of his ass and went for it. It was great after that.

Cheyenne was such a great heroine. I was afraid I
Ivy Deluca
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bikers
Free book from amazon. More 1.5 stars and I am trying to be constructive in my criticism, because this is clearly a new writer.

The Good
The premise is decent, the characters, as sketched out here, have good potential. And um.....did I mention it was free?

The Bad
Grammatical errors and typos are common in self-pubs, so I take that with a grain of salt with any new author. In this book, however, they were particularly bad and made reading it difficult. There is a desperate need for an editor to hel
Bookworm Extraordinaire
3.5 Stars

I'm not sure why it took me this long to read this series. I pretty much love everything this author writes. I enjoyed this one for the most part. The back and forth between the H/h for the first part of the book was a little annoying, but once they finally got together it was sweet.

I do think this book could use a good edit to tighten it up a bit. It dragged on in a few places, and really could have been 100, maybe 150 pages shorter.

I'll certainly give the next book a try!

Favorite quot
Kodie Mackay
Re-read!!
I'm starting from the 1st again!! If I was to write down every time iv re-read this book I would crash goodreads... Seriously it's my go to book.

Gahhhhh it's all to much excitement.

description

This is forever my favourite book from Lani. One because it's the very first book I ever read of hers and also because Sam and Cheyenne just make me feel all the feels.

This one is special because this book specifically, like this literal book truly made me fall in love with romance novels. It also shaped m
Stacey is Sassy
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I really enjoyed this story. The characters were lovable and funny. There were motorbikes in this story without all the MC bad stuff which was nice for a change. Plenty of sexy bits that I loved and I especially liked that Sam determined early that she was it for him.

Will definitely be reading more from this author. Lost one star for the spelling and grammar mistakes.
Cheesecake
This should probably only be three stars, but I gave it an extra star because I enjoyed it so much. I really felt the chemistry between Chey and Sam and the story moves along nicely never letting me get bored. Right from the get go I was hooked. Sam picks up Chey at the bar and they go off together without ever saying a word to each other. It was like they clicked so well there wasn't a need for words. I look forward to reading the next one. ...more
CC
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe-for-me, series
Re read

Still really enjoyed. Sure the heroine is very young and a bit immature, but also not immature. I loved the hero Sam and know I will re read again!

Prior comments:

I enjoyed this. Sure it was a first novel, had editing issues and some choppy scenes and juvenile dialogue. But it was a fun story. I wish so much time had not passed in between meeting and getting together. It seemed a bit odd to me. But I liked Sam and Chey Chey.
Diana's
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sam & Chey were too cute!!
Megan Fall
I recently finished Center Mass and thought I'd go back and start from the very beginning. A really good read for a first time author. ...more
Aղցela W.
This was a pretty good read and my first time reading this author. Cheyenne decides she needs a pity party for one so she goes to a bar to have a beer she has no plans to pick anyone up just wants to have a drink but then she meets Sam. She is upset because it's her birthday and she is still a virgin. Cheyenne goes home with Sam and the next morning she isn't sure what to do with him. Sam knows that she is the one but he knows that he has to give her time to get to know him. This was a good read ...more
 B.E.Love
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cheyenne has her hands full, a job, college, and a niece she takes care of till her brother comes home from over sea's. Feeling lonely Cheyenne decides instead of staying in on her birthday to go out even if it's all by herself. Having a nice time Cheyenne see's Sam walk in. He is like no man she has ever scene and when he comes over to her she can't deny the attraction. When Sam see's Cheyenne he knows right away that she will be his and he does what he has to to make sure she is.

After a night
Tori
2.5/3 stars
When I first started Boomtown, all I could think was, "Oh no...it's another MC SOA/Kristen Ashley wanna be where an alpha hole biker meets a virgin, takes her, and then does stupid Stuff." And believe me, it kind of starts out that way. You wonder about a girl who gives up her virginity to a one night stand and doesn't use a condom. The switching of POVs every other chapter took a little to get used as we read the scene from one POV then next chapter is same scene from different POV.
Vallsykes

The characters have semi-interesting backgrounds, but nothing that effectively pull emotions. The conflict is legitimate but seemingly incongruous in its early provocation versus its moment of climax; the antagonist is moved to lesser violence, which in the end doesn't fit the wanted depravity of his character (nor is his motive very solidly fleshed out).

Furthermore, the love between the H and h is awkwardly done at times, especially when the hero's stream of consciousness robotically
Nikki
I really enjoyed this book. I liked meeting these characters that have popped up in other books I've read, especially Luke Roberts! I love how all LLV 's books are set in the same world so I get to see my favorites pop up even in different series. I will say that I'm glad I didn't start with this book first, and this is also my reason for giving 4 stars, there was some major editing issues. I didn't feel it took away from the story, but it did get bothersome. I freely admit to being snooty about ...more
Lori¸¸¸.•*❀Ɍɛɑɗs̱LɪƙɛIʈs̱H̱ɛɍJɔɓ  유❤유
I was really disappointed in this book. I really hoped to like it, because of all of the recommendations but I DNF'd at around 45%. The writing was stilted and I couldn't connect to any of the characters. The insta-love aspect was bad enough, but the immediate condomless sex was a big turn-off for me. The h being a virgin and then being a sex goddess and liking it rough the first time she had sex was unbelievable and silly. She also acted more like a 13 yo than a 25 yo and needing to have everyt ...more
Grace Foster
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I came across the book on Amazon.com and when I saw the synopsis I felt it fit the type of book I was interested in reading and I am glad I took the chance and read it because it was very refreshing, of course they were grammatical issues but it did not take away from the story in my opinion. If this is the author first time writing I think that she has potential and she has cornered a part of the romance market (biker romance) that they are not enough of. So Lani good job on your first attempt. ...more
Katerina
This must be the worst edited book I have read this year...
But I can understand why three "proofreaders" did not manage to eliminate the mistakes...the story was just too gripping, they simply got distracted from their task!!!
I experienced it myself!
Once started, I could not put it down.
I liked all the characters, the insta love thing felt believable to me...
OK having unprotected sex almost all the time only leads to one thing...make an educated guess!
But hey, who am I to judge?
I am to read and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Getting the Axe (Ross Brothers, #3)
  • Surrender to You (SAPD SWAT, #1)
  • Tap Out (Reaper's Den, #1)
  • Hammered with You (Ross Brothers, #2)
  • Still Standing (Wild West MC, #1)
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him, #9)
  • Nailed by You (Ross Brothers, #1)
  • Addicted to You (SAPD SWAT, #2)
  • Cuffed by You (SAPD SWAT #3)
  • Justice for You (SAPD SWAT #5)
  • Protected by You (SAPD SWAT #4)
  • Bent not Broken
  • In The Red (Devil's Due MC, #1)
  • Cole (The Ride, #1)
  • Hyde and Seek (Hyde #1)
  • Loving Lo (Devil's Knights, #1)
See top shelves…
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

Freebirds (5 books)
  • Highway Don't Care (Freebirds, #2)
  • Another One Bites the Dust (Freebirds, #3)
  • Last Day of My Life (Freebirds, #4)
  • Texas Tornado (Freebirds, #5)

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...
“Woman,” he growled into my ear, “You were mine before we even left the bar.  I saw you walk in and knew right then and there that you were going to be mine.” ” 17 likes
“Showing that those lost weren’t forgotten, nor unappreciated.   Chills” 2 likes