Start by marking “The Astrologer's Handbook” as Want to Read:
The Astrologer's Handbook

The Astrologer's Handbook

The Complete Guide to the Interpretation of HoroscopesPrecise, comprehensive, and richly detailed, The Astrologer's Handbook moves far beyond the common 11 sun signs" to the important planetary aspects -- trines, squares, oppositions, conjunctions, and sextiles -- discussing their impact on the human personality and exploring their subtle but firm influence on all our live ...more
Published February 26th 1993 by Collins Reference (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about The Astrologer's Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Astrologer's Handbook

Lynn
Oct 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: astrology, reference
This book has been with me for a long time. I see it as a reference. As my knowledge improves, so does the value I get from the interps. Pretty textbook, but still less textbook than the textest textbook on astrology you could ever find. Pull out a gem from a pile of seemingly generic paragraph and you may surprise yourself at the insight.
Karen Christino
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: astrology
A standard birth chart interpretation handbook -- I still consult it regularly. Only flaw is that it came out in the 70s and has a flavor of Scorpio ruling Uranus at times.
Joanne
Nov 02, 2007 rated it it was amazing
A book I've let friends borrow and not gotten back, a book I've lost and bought again and again. If you're serious about astrology, it's a must have, in my opinion. I've seen a lot of astrology books, and this one is a very nuts and bolts approach, not fluffy and new agey like some of them tend to be.

Even though I barely pay attention to astrology anymore (I used to read charts as a side job), I won't let my bookshelf be without this book.
John Culbertson
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so thankful this book was recommended to me when I first started studying astrology. It's what is more commonly known as an astrology "cookbook", or rather a book that tells you what each sign in planet, each planet in house, and each aspect means. The authors are very good about expanding and the write ups for each sign, house, planet, aspect combinations are well thought out, written, and for the most part extremely accurate. A must have on the shelf of any serious astrology student.
Amanda
Jul 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Great book for the astrology basics.
Stargazer
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: astrology
Great book for beginners, good reference book
Sonia
Jul 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: astrology, owned
This is a clearly written explaination of astrology and how to read a chart.
Ellen
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a classic basic astrology "cookbook." For serious beginners, it's an excellent place to start learning about astrology. It also provides a useful reference for more experienced astrologers.
Christina knox
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
best astrology book i've ever read.
Elesha
Jun 05, 2008
Joseph Dunn
Jul 30, 2011
husbend wife problem solution 8427490958 1 1 Sep 10, 2018 01:00PM
  • Chart Interpretation Handbook: Guidelines for Understanding the Essentials of the Birth Chart
  • Saturn: A New Look at an Old Devil
  • Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
  • Parker's Astrology: The Definitive Guide to Using Astrology in Every Aspect of Your Life (New Edition)
  • The Twelve Houses: Introduction to the Houses in Astrological Interpretation
  • The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Volume 1: Basic Principles
  • The New Astrology: A Unique Synthesis Of The World's Two Great Astrological Systems: The Chinese & Western
  • Pluto, Volume I: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul (Llewellyn Modern Astrology Library)
  • Making the Gods Work for You: The Astrological Language of the Psyche
  • Astrology, a Cosmic Science
  • Asteroid Goddesses: The Mythology, Psychology, and Astrology of the Re-Emerging Feminine
  • Healing Pluto Problems
  • Karmic Astrology, Vol. 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
  • Chiron: Rainbow Bridge Between the Inner & Outer Planets
  • Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark
  • Linda Goodman's Love Signs: A New Approach to the Human Heart
  • The Changing Sky: A Practical Guide to Predictive Astrology
  • Aspects in Astrology: A Guide to Understanding Planetary Relationships in the Horoscope