Start by marking “Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You!” as Want to Read:
Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You!

Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You!

(The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)

From the top of your head to the tips of your toes Learn all about health from a cool cat who knows! In this delightful book, Dr. Seuss' famous Cat in the Hat explains to young readers all the different ways to stay healthy.
Published May 7th 2002 by HarperCollins Childs (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You!

Start your review of Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You!
Kristen Dutkiewicz
Apr 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Not a children's book you would read every day, but certainly helpful in discussing health and safety.
Amanda
Jul 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Actually written and illustrated "in the manner of" Dr. Seuss, which is nice because it's fun and familiar, but also very up to date (i.e. I don't remember being told to sneeze into my elbow as a child). This covers lots of ground about being/staying healthy and clips along in a nice verse. Kept my 4 yr old's attention despite its length and amount of information, so that's a win-win situation for me!
Jen
Mar 30, 2009 rated it liked it
This is a cute book about taking care of one's self - emotions, helmets, exercise, sneeze catcher (in the elbow). It is very Seussey, but not written by Seuss. I would have given this 5 stars if it didn't go into the food pyramid and advising children to go easy on fat and eat lean meat or tofu....arggggg!!!!!
Alison Smith
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book. I learned how to do things!!
Lakeira King
This is a great book to get kids into exercising, nutrition, and health overall. There are many great activities you can do with this book. You can sort foods into the food pyramid, make healthy snacks, go for a class walk, and etc.
Florence
Dec 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good book for youngsters to learn to read.... reminding kids about good daily habits.
Hααlεч ♥ Fιѕнεя
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
An interesting twist to Dr. Suess. The kids like it.
Elizabeth  Amanbayeva
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I will love Dr. Seuss books. I enjoy how this book gets kids involved and helps them learn a healthy lifestyle.
Macy Strem
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rosa Cline
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, kids, favorites, bicycle, 2019
This was a very very good book to help teach children about the importance of health and what to do to keep healthy. But taught in a way that is fun and not 'in your face". Story is told in rhyme as only Dr. Suess and Cat in the Hat can do. True to life facts are in boxes from Thing 1 and 2. This story wraps everything up as letting the child know that everyone is individuals and are different and that they are special and important. A very special book that you could purchase for a birthday or ...more
Sadia Mansoor
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
You're important and special. Believe me its true!
No one in the world is exactly like you.
^_^

The book was a great reminder for teaching lil kids about the importance of taking care of their health. There are many common ways included in the book, like brushing you teeth before going to bed & why is it important for you to sneeze & what good benefits it brings to your body, etc. These are the basics, so its good to teach this book to toddlers.
Tracey
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
A quick read and it is very on point about living and eating healthy. I just got terribly bored and tired of it and I can only imagine what little ones will feel about it as well. I think I was hoping the book was in the Dr Seuss type of rhythm and rhyme, but it failed my expectations miserably. Oh well...
Jenna Kistner
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ecce-1105-health
This book illustrated the concepts of how to have healthy eating habits. It was very informative in terms of what foods are good to consume. There was also information that leaned into what foods are more healthy than others. Reading this book is a great start for teaching young kids about proper nutrition.
Sean Harding
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tish, the cat, with hat, and the learning library, teach us the reader, about what is healthy for us, and really if you were not expecting that, you didn't read the title, because it it is pretty clear what it is all about, and the book has no twist, it is what it says!
Lila Lovebug
Mommy read this to Lila for health class.
Brittany
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Never a huge Dr Seuss fan, but the new author that helped create this did a great job at using poetry to plainly describe how and why it’s important to be clean, exercise, eat healthy, etc.
Vanessa Henriques
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Written by Tish Rabe, illustrated by Aristides Ruiz and technically reviewed by the American Academy of Pediatrics ‘Oh, the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You!’ will definitely keep children entertained from start to finish.
The Cat in the Hat shows and explains to children, with the help of staff members of the Feeling Good Clinic, the basics of staying healthy, ranging from personal hygiene to healthy eating to exercising. Additionally, it also covers the topic of emotions as it explains
Dolly
Jan 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an entertaining and informative book about healthy living. With a fun, rhyming narrative, classic Dr. Seuss characters, and colorful background scenes of different deserts, it's a good book to read aloud with children.

I love that it shows different ways to stay active and eat healthy, which is the foundation of what I am teaching our girls for maintaining a healthy weight and a positive self-image throughout life. I want them to understand that body types cannot be changed, but how we l
Disha
Oct 07, 2016 added it
Entertaining and educating, like all cat in the hat series. This book has beautiful and colourful illustration with apt messages. It covers all things that kids need to learn like taking care of health, importance of exercising, how to sneeze to avoid germs from spreading, right way of washing hands and body, right eating habits, right way to brush teeth and importance of playing and sleeping. This book full of rhymes will surely teach your kids the things the need to learn the fun way.
Jostalady
Apr 04, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
This book on staying healthy grabbed my two year old. She read it several times with me and looked at it by herself for over 20 minutes! I like the messages and given in this format seems to be the magic combo for impacted my child.
Shyam Rahim
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book. Teaches kids to take care of themselves, eat healthy foods, exercise, wear a helmet, brush their teeth, talk about their sometimes big emotions, and thank goodness... sleep!
Troy Oldham
Mar 29, 2009 rated it liked it
have read this with all my kids - just read it again with my 7 year old. I love Dr. Suess and his great lessons.
Amanda
More fun, I think, than a true Dr. Seuss verse since there is so much information and not an over abundance of nonsense words. Covers all aspects of health and hygiene for children.
Laurel
May 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Great rhyme (sometimes tongue-tied as I read it) and good about the pyramid, exercise, hygiene, helmets & brushing teeth. ...more
Isabella N.
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite part was learning about healthy foods.
Muriel Kudera
I love these books based on Cat in a Hat.I especially liked the song for hand washing.
Stacy Vance
Mar 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: dr-seuss
Students didn't really like this book. The pictures are great.
Nadja
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lovely way to teach kids about healthy habits...anything the Cat in the Hat touches is pure gold, anyway ;)
Jenna Bowen
Mar 23, 2016 added it
Shelves: poetry
This is a Cat in the Hat book about health. This would be a good book to teach students about many different health topics such as exercise, washing hands, brushing teeth, and much more.
Aneesa
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Pretty good for a knock-off sham of a Dr. Seuss book. Baby is still sick though.

This book has: glossary, further reading list, index.

• Where Are the Night Animals?
  • Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
  • I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
  • Robert the Rose Horse
  • Doctor De Soto
  • Ox-Cart Man
  • Bread and Jam for Frances
  • How Much Is a Million?
  • I Am Not Going to Get up Today!
Tish Rabe (pronounced "Robby") is a bestselling author of more than 160 books for children—including 18 books in the Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library series. She is dedicated to early-childhood literacy and sits on the advisory board of Reach Out and Read Connecticut. Tish is a proud mom, stepmom, and grandma. She divides her time between New York City and Connecticut. Visit her on the web at tis ...more

The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Fine Feathered Friends: All About Birds
  • Is a Camel a Mammal?
  • Oh say can you say di-no-saur?
  • Wish for a Fish: All About Sea Creatures
  • On Beyond Bugs (Cat In The Hat's Learning Library)
  • There's No Place Like Space: All About Our Solar System (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • Oh Say Can You Seed?: All About Flowering Plants