Start by marking “Julia: Bride of New York (American Mail-Order Bride #11)” as Want to Read:
Julia: Bride of New York (American Mail-Order Bride #11)

Julia: Bride of New York

(American Mail-Order Brides #11)

Sheriff Fletcher Adams has no intention of taking a wife, but when mail order bride Julia Benson is stranded at the train station after her intended husband rejects her, it starts to seem like a good idea.

Too bad she doesn’t agree.
Published November 29th 2015 by Callie Hutton, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Julia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Julia

Start your review of Julia: Bride of New York (American Mail-Order Bride #11)
Kendra
I was hoping for better things out of this book. While it was an enjoyable read, it fell just a bit short for me. The reason I enjoy mail order bride books is because I enjoy the story of two strangers finding themselves married, getting to know one another, and learning to love each other. I did not quite get this from this book. The heroine's arranged husband declines her because she has a slight limp. This leaves her to the hero who offers to marry her. To my surprise, she declines for what I ...more
Elsa
Jan 26, 2020 rated it did not like it
A sheriff and a mail order bride abandoned at the train station because of her limp. I was expecting good things.
But then the heroine decided that she wouldn't marry for anything but affection, even though she'd previously been desperate enough to become a mail order bride...She had no money and kept refusing the Sheriff's offers of marriage even though he was so nice and helping her out. She quit working at the jail after they had a disagreement and became a waitress at the saloon instead.....
Dana Dobias
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice Story

This book follows the typical plotline of many mail order bride books, but there are two twists: one is the female lead has a limp. While it's not a big deal now to have a physical impairment, in the 1800's it was definitely a problem to be seen as crippled. The author develops the characters well and deals with the limp realistically. The second twist is a child from a previous marriage. We also tend to forget that women used to die in childbirth. This was a very interesting and mostl
Mikayla
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another good installment of the Mail Order Bride series. Slow-moving for a good chunk of the book, but really sped up toward the end.
Shelby Young
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! 💚
Nancy
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a fun read! It had humor and romance and kept me turning the pages.
Jennifer Guffey
Julia: Bride of New York (American Mail Order Bride #11)
By: Callie Hutton
4/5 stars

Due to circumstances beyond her control and the inability to find another job, Julia agrees to become a mail-order bride. Julia has limped since childhood when she was in an accident and her bones never healed correctly. But because of the years she has lived with the limp, it is now unnoticeable to her. She can work and do her household chores without a problem, so it does not occur to her to inform her prospectiv
Lori Meehan
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
4.75*
This was such a great romance that built throughout the book and such a joy to read. Julia Benson is about to become a bride, a mail order bride. She's about to meet her husband Mr. Johnson of Wickerton, New York. She's come all he way from Boston hoping for a family of her own only to be rejected by Mr. Johnson because she's a cripple. Mr. Johnson leaves it to the local sheriff Fletcher Adams to break the news. Fletcher sees Julia as a beautiful young woman not a cripple and sets out to he
Cissie
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Julia is a feisty heroine who knows what she wants and won't settle for less. She agrees to be a mail order bride but fortunately for her, he doesn't want her. How often we judge others on sight alone without exploring the character within.

Fletcher isn't looking for a wife, he had one. His daughter though needs a mother so she can come home and feel secure. A sheriff's life is no life for a motherless child. Despite Julia's flaws, he feels she can help him. Except, she won't- ungrateful female!

T
Shirl

Julia, Bride of New York, the 11th book in this wonderful series

This story of Julia going to New York to become a mail order bride had many surprises and events. It had me laughing and turning the pages so fast to see what happened next.

Julia is a strong independent woman with a lot of spunk and pride. She also has a lot of inner strength and sadness she carries in her from an accident she had happen to her as a child.

I loved this story and the tenderness and stubbornness she brought to it with
Brittany
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historicals
This story was really good. I think this would probably be my favorite in the series except for one thing. The transitions were horrible. At the end of on chapter we have Julia meeting the sheriff's daughter then the daughter is brought home by a teacher. That occurred several different times in the book and it was driving me crazy. I enjoyed the story a great deal but needed work on the transitions. ...more
Melissa
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love Grows

I liked this book from the moment Julia stepped off the train. She is an honest lady and Fletcher was just the right one for her. She just required some convincing even if it took several times for her to say yes. I enjoyed the build up of the story and promise it is a great read.
Cindy
This series was my first experience with multiple authors working together to write a series on a large scale. I enjoyed every book in the series and found several new authors that I hadn't read before. ...more
Kathy
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rejected by her intended groom Julia is determined to make it on her own while the town sheriff is just as determined to make her his bride. Watch the sparks fly and the passion build when these two stubborn people meet each other head on.
EvilAntie Jan
Book 11/50 Great Story

Callie Hutton's mail order bride series contribution is a delightful story with great dialogue and characters. A true tale of the quest for the American dream!
Maggie molenupp
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very funny

I really enjoyed this book. Although, there was no hot steamy romance Sean's. I missed that part of Ms Huttons books.
Betty smith
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING, Attention grabbing are just a couple words to describe this book. how I wish I had been able to sit and read it in one sitting but alas it took a couple due to me being somewhat busy.
Donna Rogers
Great Read!!!

Great story, this book is my second favorite in the series so far. Callie Hutton did a fabulous job writing this book..
Ann Fiola
loved it
Donna
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good book.
Robin Malek
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh my

Slight imperfections aren't always as they seem. Julia might have a slight limp but that won't get in the way of all of the love in her heart. Beautiful story.
SKM
Jan 17, 2020
Rose Reed
Dec 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Molly Switches her Man (The Mismatched Mail-Order Brides #6)
  • The Christmas Plan (The Mismatched Mail-Order Brides Book 8)
  • Western Bride (Copper Kings, #1)
  • Mail-Order Brides of the West: Bertha: A Montana Sky Novella (Montana Sky Series)
  • RNWMP: Bride for Wesley (Mail Order Mounties, #5)
  • RNWMP: Bride for Kendall (Mail Order Mounties, #1)
  • Mail Order Pearl (Widows, Brides, and Secret Babies #12)
  • Kathryn (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #6; McCutcheon Family, #6)
  • RNWMP: Bride for Matthew (Mail Order Mounties, #9)
  • Karaoke Kisses (River's End Ranch, #56)
  • Before the Larkspur Blooms (Prairie Hearts, #2)
  • Glorious Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #4)
  • Trudy (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #1; Montana Sky)
  • Bargain for Baby (Cowboys and Angels, #10)
  • A Shadowed Groom for Christmas (Spinster Mail-Order Brides #6)
  • Saffron (Wild West Frontier Brides, #5)
  • Ruby (Angel Creek Christmas Brides #3)
  • RNWMP: Bride for Richard (Mail Order Mounties, #27)

http://calliehutton.com/newsletter/ (be up to date on new releases and sales)

Hi Romance Fans,

My historical romances are full of heat, humor, and quirky characters. I’ve always loved history, which was my college major. Things of the past fascinate me. Not those boring history classes in high school, but the history of people. How they lived their lives, what they ate, what they wore, the challenge

American Mail-Order Brides (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Lottie: Bride of Delaware (American Mail-Order Bride #1)
  • Willow: Bride of Pennsylvania (American Mail-Order Bride, #2)
  • Hope: Bride of New Jersey (American Mail-Order Bride, #3)
  • Mollie: Bride of Georgia (American Mail-Order Bride #4)
  • Edwina: Bride of Connecticut (American Mail-Order Bride #5)
  • Beth: Bride of Massachusetts (American Mail-Order Bride #6)
  • Adelaide: Bride of Maryland (American Mail-Order Bride #7)
  • Jessie: Bride of South Carolina (American Mail-Order Bride #8)
  • Rachel: Bride of New Hampshire (American Mail-Order Bride #9)
  • Katie: Bride of Virginia (American Mail-Order Bride #10)