Jump to ratings and reviews

Left Behind #10

The Remnant

As the battered earth reels under judgments from heaven, Global community leader Nicolae Carpathia tightens the screws on anyone who refuses to proclaim total allegiance to him. He has a million of his enemies just where he wants them: massed at Petra and within striking distance of devastating firepower. Meanwhile, the Tribulation Force is compromised, forcing Rayford Steele, Buck Williams, and the others to run for their lives.

This tenth novel in the best-selling series of all time sends the world hurtling toward Armageddon, the apocalyptic battle between good and evil.

©2002 Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins (P)2002 Recorded Books, LLC

432 pages, Paperback

First published July 2, 2002

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Tim LaHaye

355 books1,712 followers
Timothy "Tim" F. LaHaye was an American evangelical Christian minister, author, and speaker, best known for the Left Behind series of apocalyptic fiction, which he co-wrote with Jerry B. Jenkins.

He has written over 50 books, both fiction and non-fiction.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1,439 (5%)
1 star
705 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 377 reviews
Profile Image for Stepheny.
381 reviews536 followers
March 5, 2019
It’s hard for me to believe that I started this series a little over a year ago.The Remnant is the 10th book in the series. It picks up right where Desecration left off- with everyone’s favorite Antichrist getting ready to bomb TF out of the believers at Petra.

Acting like a child on Christmas morning, Antichrist is estatic about the slaughters of millions of believers. He launches his most aggressive attack finishing it off with a missile that is promised to wipe Petra off the map for good… but the believers at Petra have God on their side and are not harmed. The flames that engulf their bodies cause them no pain at all.

Antichrist and his collegues cover it up in the media stating that the missile missed its target. But Buck Williams is still publishing his online magazine- The Truth- and makes sure the masses know what really happened.

Meanwhile we have some members of the Trib Force off on secret recue missions. We have some falling in love. We have some in such dire need of help it makes your stomach knot up in anticipation. The safe house in Chicago becomes compromised and our Trib Force is forced to search for a new place to stay.

As I continue to tell you all as this series goes on, the action DOES NOT STOP. Ever. The writing is garbage. The characters are pretty cookie-cutter, only occasionally do you see any sort of development in them before it’s back to the mold. But there is just something addictive about them…like how you think you’re only going to have a couple more Doritos and then suddenly the whole bag is gone. They’re exciting and fun.

These books have not turned me into a believer- nor will they. (Maybe if ¾ of the poplation disappears I might consider it.) They are a neat take on a Dystopian world that keep a quick and relentless pace. If you’re looking for life-changing literature, this is not it. If you’re looking for an entertaining read that goes quick, look no further.
Profile Image for David Nichols.
Author 3 books77 followers
September 30, 2014
Features one of the most awesomely-bad sentences I've ever read: "The perverse nightmare of the sheer volume of it lay atop him longer than the orange ball rode his eyeballs."
Profile Image for Mackenzie Dare.
Author 2 books5 followers
April 17, 2013
This was a very interesting book. It really grabbed and held my attention! I kept looking for spare moments to pick it up to see what was going to happen next. It is filled with action and suspense. It embraced joy and astonishment at the power of God. It made me feel the awe! It was very realistic, and seemed quite close to Revelations. It is filled with countless surprises, and never failed to keep me guessing and wanting more.

It's very clean, though there was some violence. There were a couple parts that I skimmed because it was getting a little too graphic for me. Still, I wouldn't say that the death scenes were dark. They had more of a tone of victory mixed with some timidness, rejoicing mingled with a little fear, longingness for home intertwined with shyness toward the unknown, yet the Christians lived and died in a wonderful hope! No, this book was not dark, it was filled with the light of LIFE and the joy in serving Jesus!

I thought this was a very good and enjoyable end times novel, and I hope to be able to read the rest of the series very soon!
Profile Image for Oceana.
591 reviews728 followers
August 5, 2018
3.5/5
I’m really anticipating the next books though!
Profile Image for Pamela Hubbard.
869 reviews22 followers
December 20, 2013
The Great Tribulation continues and the Tribulation Force is now scattered all over the world as they lose their safe house. Various members go on different missions and the group at Petra continues to bask in God's favour and provision.
The first half of the book dragged...the same story went on and on and I think the first half of the book only covered 2 days. Then, the second half sped on, flying through different tribulations like darkness, sun flares, etc. I felt like the authors were trying to rush through the plagues/tribulation. The characters were okay...not really much development, but some new characters were introduced just on the surface. I'm still trying to figure out why they have Leah as a character since no one likes her or gets along with her.
Profile Image for Amytiger.
86 reviews23 followers
December 5, 2015
If you're looking for a quick whats-wrong-with-this review, I've got you.
I had four problems with this:
1. Having all Christian main characters was very, very risky. Give one of them an attribute that's not very godly, and people are going to say "He approves of this in Christians!" Very risky indeed. His solution? Don't take risks. Make every character feel stale and replaceable with the other.
2. The plot would get interesting and then God saves the day. That's not a problem, but it kind of cheats in my book. Your character should use his special skill to do something and propel the plot further instead of "This guy's going to be in trouble!"*God saves him* All is better. "In trouble again!" *process repeats*. Though I totally believe God does this in real life, when it comes to book plots, the resolution can't be God saving them every time. God is so infinite that it could be *guys walk three miles to a volcano* *volcano explodes* *instead of running away and learning that God saves them through running away and making it with team work and--* *there happens to be the character's friends nearby and so the character runs there, and they get them out of here but some lava scorched a character but he's not burned because God saves* I'm just saying, God can save without literally shielding the characters from harm or something like that. This seemed like the easy way out.
3. Christians rule, non-Christians die and suffer. I'd tell my friends that was the plot. I know that in Revelation a lot of those that didn't accept Christ DO suffer, but from the non-Christian view, no one would want to read this. This series brings glory to God in a "I'm warning you kind of way". Which is great. Please do so. No need to paint this religion with pretty colors. But in order for non-Christians to be warned this way, they'd have to read the book. No non-Christian would though. You'd have to make Christianity seem as forgiving as it really is or the plot would have to be awesome. Which brings me to the plot.
4. I can never nap. Unless I'm in a different time zone or I stayed up a majority of the night, Amytiger can not nap. Wish I could. Much easier on me if I could. But napping is boring to me. You lay down in bed, and then what? How do you sleep? Is there a certain thing you think about? Are you not supposed to think? How does this work?! Reading the Remnant, Amytiger was able to take a nap.
Profile Image for Justin.
33 reviews
January 28, 2009
I started reading this series for the fiction appeal and really enjoyed the first 4 or 5 books. I kept reading them because I felt that I needed to finish the story and up until now I have enjoyed them a little. I did not like this one at all though. In between sermons the characters were put in impossible situations that they keep getting out of because they are being protected by God. Things like bullets and missiles shooting through planes no matter what they do doesn't appeal to me because the characters lost their cunning adventurous nature from the previous books. I am very disappointed in the way the authors have decided to wrap up this series, I get the feeling that they just ran out of ideas. Unless you enjoy being preached at for 400 pages I don't recommend this book.
Profile Image for Richard Knight.
Author 6 books55 followers
April 1, 2015
I once found this book at Costco and decided to read it, even though it was the tenth book in the series and I hadn't read the nine books preceding it. It was okay. At the time, I didn't know it was Kirk Cameron's love child. If I had known that, I would have read it with a more critical eye. Still, it wasn't super preachy, so I didn't hate it.
Profile Image for Will Byrnes.
1,284 reviews119k followers
October 26, 2008
More of the adventures of the righteous in the days after the rapture. Competently written fantasy that is meant to be taken literally. I couldn't bring myself to force down another of these, so stopped here.
Profile Image for Amanda.
245 reviews54 followers
August 12, 2011
In general I have been enjoying this series, but this one seemed kind of like the authors just threw it together. In many of the other books, the time was drawn out (perhaps too much in some places), and one book might cover a few days or a few months. This one spans several years and tends to abruptly jump around in time. Every few chapters, you get an update: "Four years into the tribulation..." "Five years into the tribulation..." "Six months later..." and so on.

What I like about the Left Behind series is that it makes the book of Revelation easier to understand. I tried reading it, but much of it went in one side of my brain and out the other, mostly because I couldn't make an logical connection between the symbolism and the impact on the earth. Left Behind, even if it isn't the best interpretation of Scripture (and I know it's not), makes it easier to understand. I also somewhat admire the way the authors are able to portray the Antichrist. I wouldn't be able to come up with someone so evil as Nicolae Carpathia. They clearly put a lot of thought behind his character.
Profile Image for Brenda.
680 reviews7 followers
May 1, 2022
#10 in the series:
The millions who have turned to God and Christ are the Remnant.
This books deals with the march up to the war of Armageddon.

Re-read in April of 2022. 3rd reading.
Profile Image for Adrienna.
Author 17 books230 followers
January 31, 2023
I am enjoying the audiobook for a few days and added the ebook version.

In chapter 1, immersed in flames and Rayford says "a million of Shadrachs, Meshachs, and Abednegos." The audiobook version is so exciting and non-stop action and the ebook version is to catch up where I might have missed something or left off. I am completing the audiobook faster pace.

Believers have to conceal their true identity—go undercover by using alias names and even ethnic identities to not uncover their true self in Christ.

*Bombing—in the hopes to kill or plunder out millions. What type of leader is this? Antichrist.
Then, this Antichrist leader wants to make what he calls “jesuses” or “messiahs” who are saviors in his name to train, raise, and imbue them in his great power. He seeks thousands of them to stand against believers in this era. We are seeing such leaders, such fake pastors, prophets, and people claim to be believers; yet, they show nothing but that of their evil father.

The series keeps getting better and not disappointing since I got passed Nicolae book in the series.

Bible tells us about Moses that he chose ‘rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season.’ Tsion continues that these people are not like Moses, because they’d rather suffer torment and lose their souls to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season—what a short season. Struggling believers, undecided people, and help the evangelists and angels to bring them to salvation before it’s too late—this fictional story sounds so much like what is going on today in real time.

Borrowed copies from Library.
Profile Image for Donna.
579 reviews22 followers
May 30, 2019
This is the 10th book in the Left Behind Series, and is just as good as the previous ones. Bible Prophecy is coming true at an alarming rate. The believers are able to (for the most part) stay a step or two ahead of the non-believers due to the judgments that continue to afflict the unsaved.

It is a dark and perilous time in the world, and the prophecy foretells worse in the coming months. I recommend this series to all who enjoy dystopian or Christian fiction.
Profile Image for Elizabeth Meadows.
1,796 reviews192 followers
February 18, 2020
Lots of action, but I'll be glad to get this series finished up.
I'm pretty sure that this is a different narrator from the last few books, but I didn't like the way he pronounced certain names either.
Profile Image for John.
409 reviews6 followers
April 18, 2021
I feel this series is very well written. It is not supposed to be a “War and Peace” or a “1984”. It is just a great series of novels that shows a lot of hard work and research. I has inspired me to search the scriptures and say, “Wow”
Profile Image for Heather.
443 reviews25 followers
October 4, 2022
Good read

The only thing bad about this book was that it dragged out through 3/4 of the book, then suddenly toward the end it rushed through over a year and a half...
Profile Image for Rachel.
1,351 reviews12 followers
March 25, 2017
There were definitely some Sci-fi type qualities to the events of this book, but each was supported in Scripture. so grateful I won't be here for these events, thanks to the grace of God in saving me!
Profile Image for megreadsnovels.
233 reviews26 followers
April 26, 2019
I am committed to finishing out the series but it is taking forever. Glad to have the audio option! This series is heavy on the action.
Profile Image for John.
244 reviews6 followers
January 7, 2019
Another good story in the left behind series! When I started this series I read straight through unable to stop!
Profile Image for Missy Ivey.
525 reviews30 followers
April 26, 2021
Revelation 12:12: Rejoice, O Heavens! You citizens of heaven, rejoice! Be glad! But woe to you people of the world, for the devil has come down to you in great anger, knowing that he has little time.

Carpathia lands two atomic bombs right over the Petra refuge with the million Jews. But, God had promised them protection through the rest of the Tribulation. The archangel Michael appears at the forefront, as an army of 500,00 GC’s is seen in a storm of dust headed towards Petra. They reach to just 10 feet of Petra when the ground shakes with a great earthquake. A wall of earth opens up and away, swallowing the entire army. It immediately closes. As soon as the dust settles, GC planes flying over had lost the army. There was no telltale sign of it anywhere, nor ever having been there. The protected people of God were burning, but were fully protected, just as Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were protected in the burning furnace in Daniel 3:23.

5 years into the Great Tribulation…

Revelations 16:8-9: Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl in the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory.

As the sun rose one morning, the heat of the day was becoming extremely intensified. Anyone out in the sun, without the mark of God's protection, burst into flames. It became so hot that tires on cars and windows began busting. Buildings everywhere began to burn, things melted, burned up, or dried up. The believers had a bit of freedom to move about during the day because Carpathia’s GC army were all incapacitated. They could only get out after dark. This curse and judgment ended in the 6th year just as the water returned to normal. Carpathia and his army believed they were back in business. Things returned to normal for 3 days. Meanwhile, Carpathia was planning the “the war of all wars”, the Armageddon, against the Jewish people and others still refusing to worship him, but especially against the millions of saved Jews at Petra. But, on the third day, the 5th bowl was emptied by the 5th angel.

Revelations 16:10-11: Then the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom became full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues because of their pain. They blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and did not repent of their deeds.

Total darkness consumed New Babylon, the place of Carpathia’s headquarters and throne, for 24/7 and for days. No stars or moon. Everything had gone pitchblack. The only ones affected were the ones with the mark of the beast, which was pretty much everyone but one lone insurgent, Chang Wong, who was still working undercover for Christ. This blackness allowed Chang to arrange for a plane to fly in and rescue him and to haul out his computers so he could continue with God’s work elsewhere. The believer's lights were just turned down, much like the light of a dimmed chandelier, even they could only see about 20 feet ahead of themselves in this area. The people with the mark of the beast began itching and writhing in excruciating pain. It was so unbearable, many committed suicide or begged for death. This went on for days. Once again the GC were totally incapacitated, allowing the believer's to carry on God's work in bringing the last remnants of unbelievers, still without the Antichrist’s mark, to God.

Carpathia was also affected by the heat and the blackness, but not to the extent of his followers. He did strip his clothing and was seen by Chang Wong bathing in the sun while others were down in the basements trying to stay alive. Also, he did emit a very small amount of light in his aura, but he could only see within that light. So, the believers that flew in to bring Chang and his computers out of New Babylon could maneuver around him, and all the others, without being seen.

Carpathia insists proving to the world that he is king of his world, and as his anger towards those million Jews sitting there at Petra continues to grow, he declares to use every resource available to annihilate them. World War III, the Armageddon War, is imminent!
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Neil.
1,126 reviews9 followers
May 2, 2018
This was okay. The characters all kind of run together, in some respects [well, not that they sound like "the same voice," but none really stand out, either]. That being the case, I am not sure I can say the character development was decent [although I was happy that Rayford was not as much of a jerk as he has been in previous novels]. So, I suppose that does say something - the characters are fallible, making them 'more real' as they are not perfect individuals [obviously, otherwise they would not have been 'left behind' when the Rapture occurred]. So perhaps the authors have done a better job with the "character development" than I have given them credit for [in terms of this novel]. There are some decent "action sequences" in it, as well.

The biggest "downside" is that this novel feels rushed towards the end. You get about two-thirds of the way through it, and then it jumps to "five years" into the Tribulation, followed by "sixty-eight months" followed by "six years." These are some major time-jumps forward, with very little, if any, descriptions of what is going on world-wide, amongst either the believers or non-believers [other than the non-believer suffering while God has supernaturally protected the believers]. It really disrupts the narrative, the flow of the story. [Granted, based on some of the plagues that occur in this book, not much really could be described, I guess.]

This book actually involves some other parts of the globe other than Chicago-metro, New Babylon, Petra, and Greece. I have to admit, it was nice [good?] to read about other parts of the world and how the breakdown of society was affecting them. We learn about 'some stuff' that was happening in Africa (in general) and South America (in general) from the Global Community's point-of-view, and we learn about 'some stuff' happening in Argentina, India, China, and San Diego from the Tribulation Saints' point-of-view.

I do think the authors have kept the characters "believably real" in some respects. Some of the characters [members of the Tribulation Force] do not get along with each other. People rub each other the wrong way. People snap at each other and make some snarky, sarcastic comments both to each other and about each other. And these are the Christians. Granted, I think some of this misses the whole "the world shall know you are My disciples by your love for each other"-transformation that is indicated should occur in God's people, but I think it is also a "good portrayal" of how hard it might be to "get along" considering the situations in which the characters find themselves (extremely intense, never knowing if this is the day they are going to die, never knowing if they will be protected from God's next plague, et al.). We read these books in the safety of our homes, where we are not currently at risk of losing our lives over whether or not we are a Christian or have taken a mark (well, in the United States of America, anyway), and it is not 'easy' to relate to what these characters are going through, what they are experiencing, as the world continues to fall apart around them.

A few other things:

There is "a lot" that happens in this book.

It will be interesting to see how this book's cliffhanger leads into the beginning of the next book.

Honestly, I do not remember if I stopped reading this series with book 9 or book 10. Some of this one seemed familiar to me; other parts of it did not. I was going to be generous and give it three stars (2.6 - 2.7, rounded up) as I seemed to enjoy it far more than I expected. It was entertaining, overall. But, considering the first two-thirds of the book seemed to cover only a few days, and then the 'rest of the book' covered, what? eighteen months? It just did not flow well for me. Ah, well. We'll see how the next book goes. I think they should have left this one covering that period of a few days to a week [or however long it covered] and then saved the "skipping forward" for the next book. I do not think it would have taken anything away from this book if they had, and it might have improved this book's rating/pacing in my mind. On to the next book!
Profile Image for Carla René.
Author 12 books31 followers
October 4, 2012
This again, was another poorly-written work by Jenkins. I will not fault Tim LaHaye for the mistakes of the one who is supposed to be the best-selling NYT author. He should know better.

Nearly all throughout, the events that the Tribulation Force endure are thinly-contrived; merely tossed in so as to give them something to do. Jenkins takes too many liberties with plausibility, and almost seems to forget that his readers are not morons. I got highly irritated with his way of "preaching" to the reader. Yes, it's a Christian book. Yes, it's a series about what will happen if you are not saved and ready to meet Christ and yes I expected to see a lot of scripture. But for cheeze's sake, he would take three and four pages to deliver long, winding diatribes from the characters in an effort to rehash scripture that another character had taken four pages to describe in detail. ENOUGH, ALREADY! Why not consider, Jenkins, that part of the appeal of your series is your topic: it might also appeal to those who are already saved and just want to see the good guy finally win in the end! Why not consider shortening the series if you're so desperate for material that you feel the need to fill each book with over-description and preaching, redundancies, and plot events so contrived as to make The DaVinci Code actually believable.

Not impressed.
Profile Image for Al "Tank".
339 reviews54 followers
May 30, 2011
Carpathia has his enemies where he wants them: massed a Petra, a million strong — within reach of two bombs and a missile no one could survive without a miracle.

The Trib Force’s aliases and their Strong tower safe house have been compromised, so Rayford, Buck, and all members have to flee for their lives.

Things are coming to a head and more woes are scheduled to be poured out on the inhabitants of the Earth.
----------
This tenth book in the Left Behind series is just as good as the preceding works. LaHaye and Jenkins keep the tension and action going along with their interpretation of what “end-time” scripture MIGHT be saying.

Again, I had a good time reading this story and look forward to the eleventh book when it comes up in my rotation schedule.
Profile Image for Steven.
1,483 reviews7 followers
March 30, 2020
I think it is amazing how quickly Tim Lahaye concedes faith to reason. Once you are part of a miracle you don't have faith you have rational evidence, he keeps calling it faith but faith is belief without evidence. I assume the point it to trick people into believing without evidence by swapping the definitions. I have to give him credit, this is the first book that didn't have the magical ethnic person trope. Still mostly about white people that hate the Antichrist for doing what their god already did to a lot more people. Oh but really their god is about love ignore all the people he kills.
Profile Image for Jay DeMoir.
Author 13 books52 followers
April 1, 2022
I found this entry truly laking. The beginning and the end were really engaging and fun to read, but the middle lagged for me. It all seemed like it was filled with impossible situations that were highly unlikely. I couldn't suspend my disbelief on alot of it and I found it to be quite cheesy.

:/ going to take a bit of a break before I dive into book 11. perhaps I just need some distance from this series for a bit.
Profile Image for Josh Olds.
833 reviews70 followers
April 23, 2021
In 1995, Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins—along with publisher Tyndale House—published Left Behind: A Novel of Earth’s Last Days. Nobody could have imagined where it would go from there. When the dust settled, the main series stood at twelve novels and there was a prequel trilogy, a sequel, a 40-book kids’ series, a political trilogy spinoff, a military quadrilogy spinoff, non-fiction books, a slew of movies, graphic novels, and more. The word that kept getting thrown around at the time was phenomenon. As a child of the 90s, I was actually too young to get in on the beginning of this series but around the turn of the millennium, I had gotten into the kids’ books and the regular novels soon followed. The years pass, I become a literary critic and a seminary-trained pastor, and I finally decide that it’s time to review these books and see how well they hold up. And…well…*spoiler*…not really.

These reviews will focus primarily on the literary aspects of the novels, as it’s not really fair to criticize them—in this context—for doing what they intended to do. From a theological standpoint, the novels are an expanded presentation of pre-tribulational millennialism. Tim LaHaye was a leading proponent of the view at the time and his contribution to the series was developing the overall prophetic structure within all other events take place.

What I’m looking at in these reviews is whether or not Left Behind takes that theological structure and works it out in an engaging, exciting way through story.

The Remnant
With the last three books in the series all taking place in the space of a month, there’s now a need to move forward quickly to get to the end of the seven-year Tribulation period and the Second Coming of Jesus. The Remnant helps us do just that, spreading itself out over 2.5 years. And despite that long time frame, it’s still a book in which not much happens.

Desecration ended on the cliffhanger of Carpathia launches nuclear bombs on Petra, a mountain stronghold that’s now the refuge of a million Jewish holdouts. Not all are believers, many were practicing Orthodox Jews until the Temple’s desecration and their exodus to Petra represents God’s desire to save his chosen people. Chaim and Tsion serve as virtual Moses and Aarons, leading the people and setting up the camp. But then the bombs.

It’s a cliffhanger without much a cliff because you know what’s going to happen. There’s no tension. God intervenes supernaturally and Carpathia and company cover up their failed attack to save face. There’s no drama or tension to be had here, but plenty of opportunities for an evangelistic monologue, so we return to Petra anytime we want a bit of didactic proselytizing.

The main conflict concerns the capture of George Sebastian and the rescue mission to get him out of GC custody. Seriously. Every single book, the plot is to get someone out of somewhere. Unlike previous missions where our heroes were unarmed and relied on God, now we have Chloe—Chloe!—strapping on an Uzi and Ramboing it up to save George. In the previous books, our heroes were reluctant to commit violence. When Buck accidentally kills a guard with a punch, he’s morally and mentally anguished over it. The Remnant begins with George Sebastian fantasizing about how to kill his teenage female captor. The Trib Force has moved from missionary to militia.

Perhaps not so coincidentally, The Remnant was also the first Left Behind book to be written after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. (Desecration was released just a few weeks after, in October 2001.) Suddenly, instead of just being amid war and violence, our heroes are now the cause of war and violence. Maybe it’s a coincidence or maybe it’s just a reflection of the social upheaval of the early 00s. In either case, it makes for a better story—if you didn’t already know the characters and if it was not set in this context.

I also have a problem with George’s rescue being the main storyline. Why are relatively new characters—George Sebastian was introduced in Desecration—getting such major roles? Maybe because he’s the American soldier who’s described as going to show the enemy what an “American boy” can do. In any case, this book literally sidelines Ray in favor of George. The secondary storyline also focuses on a relatively new character, Chang Wong. Chang is the only believer left in New Babylon and we have to get his perspective to know what’s going on there, as the authors refuse to give a perspective from the villains. So we’ve spent several years and nine books building a relationship with the main Left Behind characters and they’re relegated to bit players here.

In the States, the Trib Force has to move out of their safe house because it isn’t safe anymore and move to San Diego. The Bowl Judgments begin to hit—hey! Remember that this series is about God’s judgments on the earth? The authors finally did—and everything hurtles toward the final battle in Armageddon.

When I first decided to reread this series, I thought I would find the salvation message too overtly preachy and not well-integrated into the storyline but expected that I would still find the story to be passable. And that was true for a few books, but by this point the series has obviously over-extended its welcome. In the expansion, the authors lost the plot and haven’t really been able to find it for the past 3-4 books. The Remnant continues the series of disappointments.

Profile Image for Bnschmid.
138 reviews2 followers
April 24, 2008
This was actually a good story,with alot of action.I enjoyed reading it.The fact that people actually believe this is going to happen is a little disturbing to me though!I've been approached by enough religious zealots,with their shiny crazed eyes to be disturbed!But it's good fiction and worth reading.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 377 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.