Start by marking “Poder del Espiritu Santo” as Want to Read:
Poder del Espiritu Santo

Poder del Espiritu Santo

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  107 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
To know the Holy Spirit is to know Him as an ever-present, loving Friend and mighty Helper. From the Scriptures, Spurgeon shows that the Holy Spirit wants to be our Comforter, Teacher, and mighty Advocate. The miraculous life the early Christians lived amazed the world and turned it upside down. Today, many are experiencing the same healing, miracles, and other gifts of th ...more
Published April 1st 2008 by Whitaker Distribution (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Poder del Espiritu Santo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poder del Espiritu Santo

Ron
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"To a great extent, this generation has gradually and almost imperceptibly become godless. Science has discovered second causes for us. Thus, many have forgotten the first great Cause--the Author of all. Even among professing Christians, while there is a great amount of religion, there is too little godliness." Those words were spoken over 130 years ago by Charles Haddon Spurgeon, hailed in England as the "Prince of Preachers." He spoke to a congregation of over 5000 every Sunday for decades, wi ...more
Kelsey Gould
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you need a more robust understanding of the Holy Spirit? Look no further. Whoa! What this book taught me is a worthy end, and reading the book was such a worthy means. Every word deepened my understanding- and, consequentially, love- for God's gift to us in the Holy Spirit. I couldn't even take it all in. I want to keep this book on my nightstand always.

(P.S I believe few things in my life have felt as providential as my discovery of this book. I stumbled upon it at a service plaza in somewh
Angie
Once again, I have been inspired by one of the greatest and godly men in history. Spurgeon reminds me from Scripture that to be known by the Spirit of God is an act of God's grace. I cherish what he wrote on page 107
"The law commands and makes us know what God requires of us, but the gospel goes further and inclines us to obey the will of the Lord. It also enables us to practically walk in His ways. Under the dominion of grace, "God worketh in you both to will and to act according to His good p
Thomas Fitzpatrick
This short book, compiled from some of Spurgeon's sermons may appeal to some ex-charismatics for its length and title looking for some hope that they can remain reformed yet "spirit led". It's not that. I'm afraid that the pursuit of the miraculous works of the Spirit in this book would cause some to miss the greater work of God the Holy Spirit in his people. The work of comforter, teacher and Christ exalter aren't the sparkling arena filling acts of God, rather the dreary miserable daily buildi ...more
Yasmin Alberto
Jun 06, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
One of the best books I've read on the Holy Spirit. Charles Spurgeon really breaks down who the Holy Spirit is and what He can do in our lives if we allow Him too. I love his writing style and how real he is! This is the first Spurgeon book I've read, but definitely not the last. There's no "fluff" on this pages and I'm loving it! I have highlights and notes written all over it. Can't wait to finish it and read it again!!
Ryan Rust
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always loved Spurgeon as a good reformed baptist would. This little book on select sermons on the Holy Spirit is quite refreshing. As always Spurgeon uses the English language exquisitely to convey the truths of God in his very unique style. After spending a little time in this book everyday for the past two weeks I can see a genuine difference in my life in acknowledging the work of the Holy Spirit and asking more of Him in my time in the word.
Phil Sessa
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The person of the Holy Spirit is often not thought about by many believers. This is a great work that keeps the ministry of the Spirit in biblical bounds, glorifying Christ The Lord. I would certainly recommend this book.
Garrett
Aug 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An insightful book that delves into the Holy Spirit's work in believers' lives. C.H. Spurgeon writes in a compelling way, urging the reader on every page to consider the beauty of the Spirit and yield to His promptings.
Gary B
Sep 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
Difficult to read or understand in parts, but some very helpful and useful material in other parts by the same token. I hadn't read any of Spurgeon's writings before but would keep a lookout for more of his work.
Erik
Kinda difficult to understand due to the 19 century English. Nevertheless, I can see that Spurgeon attempts to enlighten people towards the role of the Holy Spirit in Christians.
Luis
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a real book about the REAL WORK of Holy SPirit in men's heart and life.
Mavilinda
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was very good. I really helped me to really understand the power of the Holy Spirit.
Jamie Leeper
Nov 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good book. It is a deep look in the many attributes and works of the Holy Spirit. Would make a good bible study for older teens and adults!
Maurice
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maurice Flagg
Period.4
2/9/18
Book Review
The book Holy Spirit Power by Charles Spurgeon is about one of the three in the Holy Trinity, The Comforter. The Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is in the old testament of the Bible and the new.
Mr.Spurgeon starts the book as an introduction to who the spirit is, saying that when people hear the word spirit they automatically think of an evil spirit, but the Holy Spirit is kind, comforting, and reassuring, but should not be taken as a joke. Half way into th
Jason
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to learn more about the Holy Spirit and how He works, and considered several books before deciding on this one. I had read one other Spurgeon book—Satan, a Defeated Foe—many years ago and liked it, and I’m happy I decided on Spurgeon again.

Since Spurgeon lived in the 1800s, his writing style is a bit difficult for many of today’s readers, including me, and the subject matter is pretty deep spiritually and theologically, so I had to go a bit slowly with this one, but it contains some rea
Alitash Leonard
Dec 29, 2014
Betty Lewis
Apr 20, 2015
Jason Korthauer
rated it did not like it
Oct 02, 2015
  • The God Who Justifies
  • On the Anvil
  • The Doctrines of Grace: Rediscovering the Evangelical Gospel
  • The Day I Was Crucified: As Told by Jesus Christ
  • Strange Fire: The Danger of Offending the Holy Spirit with Counterfeit Worship
  • A God-Sized Vision: Revival Stories That Stretch and Stir
  • Systematic Theology
  • What's So Great about the Doctrines of Grace?
  • The Life God Blesses: The Secret of Enjoying God's Favor
  • The Good News We Almost Forgot: Rediscovering the Gospel in a 16th Century Catechism
  • Jonathan Edwards on True Christianity
  • Revival
  • The Distinctiveness of Baptist Covenant Theology
  • The Existence and Attributes of God
  • Pillars of Grace, AD 100–1564 (A Long Line of Godly Men, #2)
Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-92) was England's best-known preacher for most of the second half of the nineteenth century. In 1854, just four years after his conversion, Spurgeon, then only 20, became pastor of London's famed New Park Street Church (formerly pastored by the famous Baptist theologian John Gill). The congregation quickly outgrew their building, moved to Exeter Hall, then to Surrey M ...more
More about Charles Haddon Spurgeon

• Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Fall Down 7 Times Get Up 8: A Young Man's Voice from the Silence of Autism
    $13.99 $1.99
  • I Am Not Myself These Days (P.S.)
    $13.24 $1.99