Start by marking “Armageddon: The Cosmic Battle of the Ages (Left Behind, #11)” as Want to Read:
Armageddon: The Cosmic Battle of the Ages (Left Behind, #11)

Armageddon: The Cosmic Battle of the Ages

(Left Behind #11)

The scattered Tribulation Force is drawn inexorably toward the Middle East, as are all the armies of the world, when human history culminates in the battle of the ages. During the last year of the Great Tribulation, safe houses are no longer safe, and the cast of characters dramatically changes. By the time of the war of the great day of God the Almighty, the globe has bec ...more
Published November 18th 2003 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published 2003)

Amanda
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
After finishing this book in just two sittings, I have to honestly say that, unlike the other Left Behind books, I couldn't put it down. I really believe it was because this book was much more character-focused than the rest. There is actually character development going on: growth, self-sacrifice, emotion, etc. For example, I really haven't been crazy about the character Chloe throughout this series, and this is the first book that really gets into her head. I found myself appreciating her a lo ...more
Michael Courtois
Jan 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
READ THE SERIES.
Oceana
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was so emotional! It got better as I read on. The power of Almighty God! WOW!
One book to go!!
Kate
Dec 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
With New Babylon now shrouded in total darkness only believers can see leaving unbelievers with blinded eyes. A member of the tribulation force is taken into custody and the future of the other members seems questionable. Tsion and Buck journey to Jerusalem as the Jewish people prepare for the greatest battle the world has ever faced. Chang and Naomi have become closer. The world is coming to a climactic conclusion as the antichrist steps up his massive destruction.
With love found and great loss
Talia Colley
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Wow, I was so bored with this my mind was constantly wandering off. I have never wanted Jesus to come back so soon in all my life! Ugh. Why did they have to drag this story out so much? And now I'm faced with the dilemma of do I keep going with the series since there are only two books left? I've read so much already, seems a shame to quit now. But I'm so bored with the story now that starting the next book is so unappealing. But if I wait and decide to keep going later, I'll probably have forgo ...more
Shelly
Mar 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This entire series was great! It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time and made me excited for the next book to come out. It wasn't a "preachy" book but at the same time did witness. My review will be the same for all the books in the series. Well worth reading!!
Tabby
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BUT WHY DID IT END THERE??????

I guess I have no choice but to start book 12 right this instant!!!
Jim
Dec 27, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013, 2013-adult
This includes spoilers:

I didn't care for this book. The concept and idea is fine, but the writing is so horrible, it makes it difficult to enjoy the book. The dialogue seems like it is written by a 12 year old and that is the good dialogue. The dialogue of Carpathia and his cronies is even worse, it's like a bad 80's cartoon. Also, all the "heroic" characters talk the same. There is no differentiation between them.

As for this book specifically, I don't find myself sad that Chloe died. She had be
Chris
Dec 10, 2009 added it
"He was unarmed, falling, and mortally wounded. And the enemy was coming." These were the thoughts of Buck Williams, shortly after the Global Community Unity Army launched their first assault on Jerusalem. As the Tribulation is nearing its conclusion, Nicolae Carpathia has began the biggest military operation in the history of mankind, all as a last ditch effort to wipe the believers of God off the face of the Earth. All of the remaining Tribulation Force members, now numbering in the hundreds, ...more
Samuel
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Wow. If you made it this far into the series it's not much a surprise that Armageddon: The Cosmic Battle of the Ages is one of the most prolific page-turners of the lot. I found laced throughout the fictional tale of the Tribulation Force and the last days on Earth before Jesus's return, many prophetic biblical quotes (perhaps more than normal). I won't spoil the story but this book promises to not disappoint those faithful Left Behind readers.
Lisa Konet
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A few very upsetting key deaths occur of main characters throughout these novels. Evil is even more horrific and terrible, but when will end, if ever? Who will survive to meet Jesus on Earth? onto book 12, glorious appearing!
Alexander
This was the 11th book in the left behind series. Very intense and very satisfying.

Pros

Suspense
Intense
Plot twist
Clift hangers
Character/plot interactions

Cons

Slow at times
S. Sloan
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Like the other books in Tim LaHaye's series, this one made me go back and take a closer look at the Book of Revelation. Really enjoyed this book.
Neil
This was a fast read for me; I started it on the 2nd of May and finished it on the 3rd of May. This is the first time I have read this book; I must have stopped the series with the last book and never finished book 10 [because it was SOOOOO bad]. I cannot say that it is because it is necessarily "fast-paced" [although that would seem to be the case], but it was a fast read. The character development was so-so; the characters have developed about as much as they are going to, considering this boo ...more
Sean M
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Kim Justice
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Starting this review is well, easy to say the least. I started reading the first book in this wonderful series just as soon as I heard about them. Being from a christian home life growing up and as well as my husband and family this was a no brainier.

I am going to do one review including the whole series.

From the first page of the first book to the last page in the last book, I was not able to put these books down. I grew hunger so to speak for each page. I have always had a great belief in th
Johnny
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Imagine a world where every day you and your loved ones fought for the forces of good. But you were hated for it. The world, under the direction of one satanic, maniacal ruler, was your enemy in the ultimate battle of good versus evil. You could never go to sleep at night and have high hopes for another tomorrow. You were always on the run, always being watched, always being followed. LaHaye and Jenkins have done beyond amazing at depicting this in the first 10 books of the Left Behind series, a ...more
Patricia Hamill
This installment is all about setting the stage for the final confrontation, putting all the key players where they need to be and thinning the ranks of the Tribulation Force.

Chloe and her whole situation annoyed me. The others are also taking risks, but at least they have a good reason. Her blunder feels contrived, put in specifically to add to the tension, particularly for Buck. The way her fate plays out, though, was pretty well done, though it still made me mad that she got herself into it.
Cassi Norman
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found this entire series to be gripping when I read it in high school. I didn't want to put it down. To me, as a Christian, it's always fun to read the Bible in a fictional and modern way. I don't think taking this as fact is necessary, but just as an entertaining series, just like you would any other fictional series. I think there are definitive truths and lessons to take away from the series, however - again just like any other fictional book you read.
Shelley Alongi
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Is this the book where Rayford steel gets her? Can’t remember now that I knew what the ending would be. Yes actually this is the book because the next one starts out with his rescue effort. Either I know my Bible or I am starting to get a picture of how the sky right but I knew he would be healed it. That’s about all I can remember of it all of these books are starting to coalesce as one. I do have some interesting comments on the next one though.
Karen
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I was really absorbed into the first 7 and 8 books and then it started to become very heavy in scripture and less about the story telling that it ruined it for me. Once I start a series like this, I need to finish it. Getting to #11 was hard and heavy, it was like it was 95% scripture, 5% story. A sad ending to what could have been an epic series that left you scared and exhausted until then end.
keven
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling in a long line of fantastic reads! I envy anyone who hasn't yet read this series! Whether you're a believer in Christ or not this is a dynamic, can't put it down series. If you're questioning of looking for something, this is the place to land, you may be being called!

See above review! You can't miss this series in your lifetime! If you're questioning, this is the place to start!
Elijah Abanto
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Lord for this book. This eleventh book of the Left Behind series, got me invested as Jenkins weaved the fulfillment of biblical prophecies with the realistic struggles and joys of the beloved characters of the story expertly. My faith in the Lord, I believe, has been strengthened and I am challenged to be faithful till Jesus comes again. So excited to read the final book of the series!
Gary Brisco
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keeps getting better!!

Love this series and I'm sad to see im almost finished with it. This was probably the most fast paced and exciting book to read in the series because of the various moving pieces. I couldn't have been happier than to spontaneously pick up the first installment of this series and start reading it.
Shawn Mills
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really excellent read this time. The last book was really boring with little really happening. This time, the big players and big pieces of the story finally fall into place. A great read, and the end of this drawn out series is in sight!
Vicki
The action really ramps up in this next-to-last book of the series, including a surprise when one of the characters you thought was safe, isn't. Armageddon indeed... The stage is set for the final scene.
Sandi Stover
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Saddest book yet. Battle is raging now and most of the Tribulation force is taken to heaven before the glorious Coming. Can’t wait for final book that shows God prevailing over the devil. Praise God!
Ken Grant
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pulse pounding action as the day of the Lord draws near. Reveals the hearts of all remaining as sides must now be chosen. Only one can rule as Lord of all. Well written with real consequences set in the reality that one day all who trust in Christ will live as one with him as Lord over all.
Cynthia
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Almost at the end of this series. Am enjoying it thoroughly. It is very exciting, and I turn the pages as fast as I can, and am always disappointed when I reach the end - wanting just a little bit more. Next and final book is the Glorious Appearing - can't wait!
Veronica Romero
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eye opener

I read I read but do I truly understand God's word all the time? I understand it within these books of Left Behind!!
  • Apocalypse Unleashed: The Earth's Last Days: The Battle Rages On (Left Behind: Apocalypse, #4)
  • Death Strike: The Young Trib Force Faces War (Left Behind: The Kids, #8)
Timothy "Tim" F. LaHaye was an American evangelical Christian minister, author, and speaker, best known for the Left Behind series of apocalyptic fiction, which he co-wrote with Jerry B. Jenkins.

He has written over 50 books, both fiction and non-fiction.

Left Behind (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Left Behind (Left Behind, #1)
  • Tribulation Force (Left Behind, #2)
  • Nicolae (Left Behind, #3)
  • Soul Harvest: The World Takes Sides (Left Behind, #4)
  • Apollyon (Left Behind, #5)
  • Assassins (Left Behind, #6)
  • The Indwelling (Left Behind, #7)
  • The Mark (Left Behind, #8)
  • Desecration (Left Behind, #9)
  • The Remnant (Left Behind, #10)
“Just thinking about them brought a sob to her throat. Chloe pressed her back against the wall and lowered herself to the cold floor. “God, please, bring to mind Scriptures you want me to hear right now. Don’t let hunger or fatigue or fear keep me from remembering. You know who I am and who I’m not. I just want to be what you want me to be. You know better than I that you’re working with imperfection here.” 0 likes