Start by marking “The Way to Eat: A Six-Step Path to Lifelong Weight Control” as Want to Read:
The Way to Eat: A Six-Step Path to Lifelong Weight Control

The Way to Eat: A Six-Step Path to Lifelong Weight Control

Dr. David L. Katz shows you how to overcome every obstacle of the modern nutritional environment by turning each one into an opportunity to improve your eating pattern.

With The Way to Eat, you will learn how to :
-Conquer your cravings and learn the hazardous secrets of your metabolism
-Steer clear of misinformation
-Use food to enhance both your health and your mood
-Create a
Published January 1st 2002 by Sourcebooks

To ask other readers questions about The Way to Eat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way to Eat

Start your review of The Way to Eat: A Six-Step Path to Lifelong Weight Control
Norma Dushack
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
I really thought it would give better ways to eat. Eating soy is not my idea of healthy eating considering it has been modified and processed.
Joy Weese Moll
Mar 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: diet
I had high hopes at the beginning of this book. There were many things I loved, especially the times the book points out how our biology is better suited to scarce calories and abundant movement than it is to our modern lifestyle. This book goes into specifics about why biology favored things like weight plateaus and metabolic efficiency even though they frustrate our attempts to attain and maintain a healthy weight now. There are also specific suggestions of how to turn those obstacles into opp ...more
Ross
Jul 11, 2008 rated it liked it
I picked this up 4-5 years ago, after having decided that it was time to go back and re-visit all that useful nutritional information that they told us in 7th grade Health Class, but that I had ignored at the time because it was too "boring" and I didn't plan on getting sick (or old) anyway.

To my surprise (though in retrospect, it should have not been a surprise), the Diet shelves at the 54th St. Co-Op were full of fad-diet books, but contained few books that actually elucidated the basic health
Chelsea Peters
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really like this book. It gives a lot of very helpful and sustainable advice on controlling how you eat and how it affects your health. I liked how positive the book was and how it didn't feel like they were selling anything except good advice. I would recommend this to anyone serious about wanting to be healthy and make a permanently change in their eating habits. ...more
Kayleigh Mihalko
May 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
The beginning was interesting and made sense, especially the parts about how human biology is more suited to an active lifestyle and more natural foods. The end was useful but very dry and repetitious. Worth a read.
Hector Chicas
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I would drop the whole evolutionary approach and just acknowledge that God made man to live in different conditions that they are nowadays. This book did help me lose weight two times in the past.
Carmen
Nov 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Dieters
An excellent book on nutrition and overeating. Very well-written and interesting. I highly recommend it.
Angela

• Scarlett: The Sequel to Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind Part 2
  • A Good Marriage
  • Life Undercover: Coming of Age in the CIA
  • Cold Quiet Country
  • The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz
  • The Final Frontiersman: Heimo Korth and His Family, Alone in Alaska's Arctic Wilderness
David L. Katz, MD, MPH, FACPM, FACP, FACLM is the founding director of Yale University’s Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center, Immediate Past-President of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine, and founder/president of the True Health Initiative. He is the author of the forthcoming book The Truth About Food.

News & Interviews