Start by marking “Hearts of Valor” as Want to Read:
Hearts of Valor

Hearts of Valor

It takes a heart of valor to survive love's battlefield.

Six veteran themed romantic tales brimming with love and sacrifice are sure to show us all what it truly means to have a Heart of Valor.

Stories:

Hero of Her Heart - S.L. Hughson
Feathers - T.E.Hodden
A Manly Man - Jean Young
Goin' Home - Philip Lisagor
The Promise - London Saint James
Promises Kept - Terri Rochenski
Published January 13th 2016 by Roane Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hearts of Valor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts of Valor

Start your review of Hearts of Valor
Lora
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
3 out of 5 Stars

Hero of the Heart by S.L. Hughson
3 out of 5 stars
Vince and Nicole have a history together since their families are in business together. When Vince returns home, he’s not the same guy, but Nicole is still very much interested in being with him. The story just felt rushed to me and the characters were saying/doing the same things over and over. The story lacked something for me but I imagine others will enjoy it.

Feathers by T.E. Hodden
2 out of 5 stars
This story had too many
Sharon Hughson
Nov 06, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Since I'm one of the authors for this collection, I won't give a star rating. People might see that as skewing the ratings (which I never want to be accused of doing). However, this collection was filled with solid stories. And I would give it 4.4 out of five stars.
I loved "Feathers." I'm not generally a huge historical romance fan, and I did have a little trouble buying the motivation and reactions of the heroine. However, the writing brought me fully into the scenes. The prose was quotable.
My
connie kramberg
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hearts of Valor was a wonderfully romantic read for a relaxing Saturday afternoon! As with all anthologies or short story collections there will be a few stories that you love or really stand out for you. For me, those were The Promise, Hero of Her Heart and Feathers! The Promise captured me in the first few sentences. The description, voice and emotions were strong; holding my attention through the very last word! The characters were compelling, the background and story were wonderfully ...more
Jana Vasilj
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it

Hearts of Valor is a collection of poignant and heart-warming stories describing the healing power of love in times of war. With their happy endings, each story is a monument of hope and celebration of true love the magic of which helps the story heroes overcome PTSD, the devastating effects of disfiguring injuries and soul crushing trauma. An enjoyable and inspirational read!
Michelle
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hero's can come from anywhere and they usually don't see it. Our service members are those that sacrifice a lot for their jobs and I think these stories show all sides of our American Heros.

From the state side to deployed soldiers, these stories will touch your heart. If you don't tear up, I have no words for you. I think it's impossible not the cry - because of the hope each story displays. I think each story touched a different era of soldier and the different struggles.

In each story the
B Alan
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
As in many anthologies you’ll find stories that are so-so, good and then there are those that really stand out as outstanding. For this grouping of military stories that outstanding story came from Ms. Saint James with The Promise. Ms. Saint James had me from the very start with vivid imagery and kept me vested in Quinn and Veronica’s relationship until the very end. A 5 star read! Overall, I'm giving this anthology 4 stars, but for Ms. Saint James' story alone you should pick up Hearts of Valor ...more
B Alan
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
T.E.
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
All the stories (obviously not considering my own) are of a high quality, and thoroughly entertaining. Promise Kept, and Goin' Home being the must reads.
Lynne
Dec 03, 2017
connie kramberg
May 09, 2016
Roane Publishing
Dec 02, 2016
London Saint James
Nov 08, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: london-s-books
Jaime
Dec 04, 2015
Terri Rochenski
Dec 05, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Echo Shea
Apr 28, 2018
Neepa Shah-Chittur
Aug 30, 2019
London Saint James
Jan 27, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: london-s-books
Melissa
Mar 03, 2016
Emily
Apr 28, 2018
Even as a child, Sharon created worlds where life might pose challenges but where unlikely heroes wielded magic for the good of all. In the end, ordinary people won the battle against darkness.

She did grown up things like graduate high school and college, get married and have kids. But she never strayed too far from the door into the mystical realms of story.

Once she had children of her own, they