Start by marking “Perfectly Imperfect” as Want to Read:
Perfectly Imperfect

Perfectly Imperfect

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  8,321 ratings  ·  1,329 reviews
**Standalone novel**

Mirror, mirror ... who's the fairest of them all?

Published November 17th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Perfectly Imperfect, please sign up.
Harper Sloan November 17 :) Sorry - I don't get on here often so I just saw this.

·  8,321 ratings  ·  1,329 reviews

Christy
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4-4.5 #IAmWillow stars!

photo E642EAA6-C5F7-4C4E-85D7-1D2B90D2CF05_zps3lwoz47c.jpg

Most women (myself included) have had some sort of body image issue(s) at some point in their lives. If you are included in the ‘most women’ this is a story written for you with a character you’ll be able to relate with. Harper did an excellent job writing about something that is prevalent in our society, yet not spoken about very often. Willow’s story of self discovery, moving forward and loving herself isn’t always easy, but it’s a beautiful tale.

Willow Tate is having
Sleepless Readmore
In a room full of art I'd still stare at you.
FIVE #iAmWillow STARS

Willow and Kane
description

I'm lonely. Surrounded by millions and
still the loneliest motherfucker around.

description

I want someone real. I need a challenge.
I want to feel that connection to someone
I've never been able to find.
The one you read about.
The one that makes you feel alive.

This novel was definitely #PerfectlyImperfect! I always look forward to reading Harper Sloan novels and this one did NOT disappoint. This novel can connect a lot with read
ღFloღ the coffee addict
4 **#IAMWILLOW** STARS

“A person can be stronger than fear tries to trick them into believing.”

Harper Sloan went for the jugular with this book. That being the emotional jugular that makes you feel all the feels until your throat closes up with tears and you start re-thinking your life choices and how you can start treating yourself better from now on.

While I’m used to campy entertainment with my guilty pleasure author, she just did an one-eighty and bombarded me with heavy food for thought,
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5+ "I identify with Willow" Stars!

photo Perfectly Imperfect - Harper Sloan_zpsaaw5acbm.png

What a wonderful story that Harper Sloan has written! I don't want to seem a toady but.. I want to thank her because I feel so many people can relate to her main character and also to her. Harper (in the author's notes of this book) says this book is her most personal one and I felt it. I felt everything with this novel, and I just want to say THANK YOU, HARPER for giving us this story and making me feel especial even when having body issues.

So, Perfectly Imper
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

There's no doubt that I support the message that this book is trying to convey, it's a prevalent issue in the media but still we have women and girls who don't believe that they are perfect enough for society's idealistic view of what you should look like.

Willow Tate is going through a nasty divorce, her ex-husband having cast her aside now that she has put on weight. Whilst at her lowest low and the subject of humiliation, she meets Hollywood actor Kane Masters.

Kane is sick of t
Catarina
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Perfectly Imperfect Stars.

Willow is a girl with personal image issues. Except her issues run a little deeper than the usual self-doubts that women have. She despises her body, she has serious self-esteem issues and she doesn’t think she’s worth much. So when Kane, Hollywood heartthrob, crosses paths with her and show interest, she thinks it’s all a huge joke on her because there’s no way a guy like Kane will ever look to a girl like her.
But Kane likes Willow for what she is and he can see t
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4.5 #IamWillow Stars

photo BDFEFD51-3FCF-4523-9547-F8C4F1DC343A_zps97t1sfjr.jpg

Fancy having every feeling you have for yourself diminished and taken from you because your alone and your family are the people that did that to you? Fancy not knowing what it feels to really truly trust those that are supposed to be on your side except they are NOT. Well that was Willow until she met Kane that is.

I'm going to talk about the characters rather than the plot because you need t go through it with Willow and Kane yourselves. So I'm going to explain the characte
Sabrina
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now LIVE!
*Amazon US*Amazon UK*Barnes & Noble*

4 'You Make Me Feel Alive' Stars

Willow Tate spent the majority of her life hating herself. Hating that she doesn't look perfect, that she feels useless and that her own family doesn't even want her. But when the husband she thought she deserved, the one that talked down to her and told her she was nothing, divorces her, she finally wakes up. She's not useless, she's not ugly and she certainly doesn't deserve to be treated like garbage. The day she
Beverly
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it

This story. What an absolutely beautiful message! I don’t know of any person, man or woman, who has always felt confident and sure of themselves or their appearance. I have had plenty of moments of insecurity and self doubt. I think we are always harder on yourselves than we are on other people. That’s why I loved this story’s message. I love how Harper told a story about a real girl and her struggles with her self-image.

When we first meet Willow she is getting divorced, after learning her ex h
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.75 Stars
Basic Info

Standalone or Part of a Series: (view spoiler)
MF, Ménage, etc.:(view spoiler)
POV:(view spoiler)
Triggers: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Jen
3.5 Love Yourself Stars

It’s time to finally be the Willow I can love. Even if no one else can.

Willow Tate is a woman used to getting emotionally beat down by the people who're supposed to love her the most. Kane Masters is a successful Hollywood actor and an up and coming director. Oh, and he's hot as hell to boot. Can Willow finally find the emotional fortitude to realize her self worth, give the ass clowns she calls a step father, sister and ex husband the finger AND get her man?

From the momen
Ines IBRAHIM
Nov 18, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 54% I had to check if this was a fantasy! but no it was a contemporary romance... I don't even know how many times I rolled my eyes or facepalmed... it's ridiculous.

That, Willow, was the first time in my life I felt something burn my senses into awareness. I couldn't understand it. The spark against my skin, the tingles down my spine- none of it made sense. It wasn't until about an hour into the event that I found out why... or should I say who had caused it.

Yes! he felt her presence. th
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 89383cbe4bf101310b7ea4cb5ea2e4_zps7mxzpsle.gif

#PerfectlyImperfect1

Picture Perfect!!!! Harper Sloan delivers a stunningly beautiful, heartfelt, and touching read. Ms. Sloan captures our hearts as she strips her readers bare and exposes an honest and raw story in Perfectly Imperfect.

Perfection. As humans, we all strive to achieve some form of perfection in our lives whether it be getting good grades, finding the perfect wedding dress, the perfect mate, or in this case, the perfect body. As a woman, who c
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've struggled to write this review.
I didn't want to go into anything overly personal but at the same time I felt like Willow's story forced you to reveal a little of yourself.

So many woman deal with body image issues.
So often the way we see ourselves is in a negative light.
And so so so often we feel so completely unworthy that being motivated to put in effort, to change and make ourselves better, is almost impossible.

How can you change your self perception when you don't think you are worth
L*Take Me To My HEA*
I understand the sentiment behind the book. The meaning is beautiful. But it's not just for me. I was bored most of the time.

K.L. Grayson
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm a bit speechless, so please stay with me. I went into Perfectly Imperfect with a general idea of what I thought the book would be about and even though I was right on some level, Perfectly Imperfect was so much more. There aren't many book that can hold my attention and draw emotion from me, but this one did just that. There were points during the book where I would've swore that Harper somehow managed to weasel her way into my brain and pull the words from my head. She was able to capture s ...more
Beth Hudspeth
Reviewed by: Hello Beautiful Book Blog

Steamy scenes, romantic gestures and cute banter made this book a fun read.

#IAmWillow #WeAreWillow

I love the message in this book. I love body positivity. That was my favorite part. We need more books, media, and influence for girls to love themselves. Willow embodied women everywhere. I was so happy to read about her journey to happiness.

“Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, then it’s not the end.” -Ed Sheeran

Willow has had a very hard
C-Money
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a girl who wishes she looked different.
I am a girl who struggles to look in the mirror everyday.
I am a girl who will never be 100% happy with who I am on the outside.
I am a girl who sometimes doesn't eat in order to feel happy with the way my clothes fit.
I am a girl who feels as though the world is starring at me judging me because I am not a size two.
I am a girl who is broken on the inside because of the way she looks on the outside.
I am Willow.

And because of Willow, I will no longe
Jane
I am a large woman myself so I was looking forward to a story about a big girl finding true love, a love that doesn't see the pounds on the outside but the beautiful woman wrapped in them.
this story however is just to over the top for me. It's insta love which I am not a fan of at all. I understand attraction but to do insane things for people you only laid eyes on is not believable to me.
The story is told by willow and Kane povs but when we first encounter Kanes POV he retells the first few c
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Yayyy I got an arc :D and I'm super excited to read this new book from Harper Sloan :D

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via TRSOR PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

3.5 stars!!

Perfectly Imperfect strikes an accord with many issues all people, particularly women face, from day to day. From misconceived body issues, family turmoil, opening yourself up to others, and ultimately loving yourself inside and out unconditionally.

I think all of us have an inner Willow and therefore can identify with her plight, her struggles, and her journey throughout.

After all beauty is only skin deep
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

This was a weird book for me. I liked it. I laughed, cried, sighed...BUT...
I'm extremely overweight, so I love books where the hero finds his HEA with a chubby girl.
BUT - hm - I don't even know what I didn't like about this book. I kinda loved it. And I gave 4.5 stars...but there was just a bit too much preaching for my tastes. Too much talk about how Willow should be able to see herself as beautiful, like other people see her.... Once, twice, ok. But they're constantly doing that blablabla abou
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
#IAmWillow

I laughed. I cried. I sighed. I screamed and wanted to toss my Kindle. Why, you ask? I felt like Harper Sloan looked deep into my soul, pulled out so much of me and wrote my story on those pages. As I sit here attempting to write this review, I’m struggling with keeping the tears at bay. If you’re a woman, and have ever struggled with body image, like most of us have at some point in our life, you’ll love Willow Tate like I do. She’s amazing! The evolution of how love can help you fin
Rossy
I had such great expectations, but it was so hard to finish reading it!
Once again, I hace to say I hate insta-love. Kane "felt a connection" just from seeing her once. He decides he has to get Willow because he sees the great woman she is and the potential their relationship has and wants to protect her... from having seen her 2 or 3 times and barely speaking.
Willow is willing to risk everything and pack and leave for a stranger she barely knows.
Come on! This was no love at first sight, but pu
Carissa
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s-2015
Harper Sloan floored me when her opening remarks. I was emotional from the start and Harper gave a me a piece of herself and took so much more from me, as I read this book.

Empowered...Flawed...

Unique...Super Woman...

peRfEcTly ImPeRfeCt

These are only a few emotions that took me by surprise when I read this story. All my emotions came raging through. I reminisced throughout my own life. From childhood, to adolescence, marriage to motherhood.

Entering into my own marriage, was a new beginning. S
Mandy
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked the idea behind this book - so many women struggle with body issues. Sadly, this book just didn't work for me. (view spoiler) ...more
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With a blurb like this I was immediately thinking I have to read this one:
Mirror, mirror ... who's the fairest of them all?
I still cringe when I hear that line. A fairy tale that had girls pretending they were the fairest, the most beautiful, and the most entitled. A fairy tale most couldn't grow out of turned my haunted childhood memories into a living nightmare. Girls who grew up believing that pile of garbage became the meanest of all 'mean girls.'
And those mea
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: didi-reviews
DiDi's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

WOW! Just WOW!!!!

I've had weight issues all of my life, when I was younger I didn't let it bother me. I really was confident because my grandmother always told me "It doesn't matter what size you are, as long as you dress nice, take care of yourself and love yourself, you will be happy." I was never afraid to get out on the dance floor, go out with my friends or shopping. I didn't care if people looked at me funny, because I loved me.
Jamie
Feb 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5.....

I was really looking forward to this one... the blurb sounded intriguing and a little different... and although I liked this book, I didn't love it. It was almost just OK, for me.. but I liked the character of Willow a lot. She had her struggles feeling like she wasn't good enough for either her family or the man she married and she found strength within herself to rise above the crap they threw at her always bringing her down. Kane, the gorgeous man that came into her life as she was s
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Copy provided by TRSOR in exchange for an honest review.
This book spoke to my heart. Willow's story will speak to many readers, I think. It is a story about strentgh, building your self confidence and loving yourself.
Willow has been despised by her sister and stepfather forever. Her husband is cruel and verbally abusive to her because of her weight. When she finally decides to fight for herself and leave behind everything that hurts her, Kane Masters enters her life. He is a famous actor, handso
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. bbw woman and a male movie star. [s] 5 25 Dec 28, 2017 02:48AM
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Tic : Soulless Bastards MC No Cal Book 3 (Soulless Bastards MC No Cal, #3)
  • Dauntless (Sons of Templar MC, #5)
  • Surviving Us
  • How To Liv
  • Picture Perfect
  • Bring Me Back
  • The Art of Love
  • City Beautiful
  • Pick Your Poison (The Heart's Desire Series Book 1)
  • Until You're Mine (MINE, #2)
  • Fighting Shadows (On the Ropes, #2)
  • Leaving Eva (The Eva Series #1)
  • Framed
  • Jack Hammer (The Stripped Duet, #1)
  • False Lines (Blurred Lines, #7)
  • Mirage (Destined, #1)
  • Sweet Seduction Shadow (Sweet Seduction, #3)
Harper Sloan is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today best selling author. She resides in north Georgia with her three daughters, four cats and one dog. While being independently published is a dream, she also has three traditionally published titles with Pocket Books. When she isn't working hard on her next novel, you can most definitely find her with a book in hand.

**To contact Ha
“there’s nothing wrong with a man who enjoys a good romance book. My dad always said the best way to learn what a woman wants is to pick up some of the smut they love to read so much. Written by a woman, it might as well be a road map to instant pleasure.” 13 likes
“When I look in the mirror, I won’t see the things they will most likely say about me. I’ll see me, Willow Tate, the woman who isn’t perfect, but she is perfect in her imperfections.” 9 likes