Start by marking “Perception ( Brass 2)” as Want to Read:
Perception ( Brass 2)

Perception

(Brass #2)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
One look at Annabelle Stevens and no one would ever know she’s a top Assistant US Attorney. When a new boss assigns her to an elite DEA-led task force, she’s put in close proximity to the one man she can’t shake: Connor Evans. For years, she’s been in love with him, and for years, he’s played yo-yo with her heart.

Abandoned by his parents, tossed around from one foster home
Published March 25th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Perception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perception

Tammy McGowan
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, 3-star
Excuse me while I put a neck brace on from the emotional whiplash that I received from this book.
The back and forth of will they or won’t they was like watching a tennis match.

Annabelle and Connor have been friends for over a decade and now they are on the same team of taking down organized crime. They also work side by side with their friends. All are a family unit. Their concern for one another is a bond that cannot be broken. Of course each seem to be paired up and book 2 is focused on Bell
Shelly Wygant
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Connor and Annabelle have many feelings between them but the past makes it hard to cross professional line to personal. Annabelle is a strong, sassy, tatted women who has much emotional turmoil from her past. Connor is carrying a heavy burden that makes him feel not good enough for Annabelle. Strap in for the wild emotional rollercoaster of a ride.

When Connor and Annabelle are thrown together to work on bringing down a Russian crime boss the angst and action won't end. The rest of the crew plus
Kolleen Fraser
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta-reads
So freaking good.
Miranda Beazley
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Annabelle and Connor have a rocky past. Annabelle has been in love with him for years, and Connor loves her too. But they've never done
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I have been looking forward to the second book in the Brass series ever since I read Admission.  My experience with Admission was enjoyable as such I was expecting a similar or even better encounter with Perception.  Unfortunately, the story left me disappointed.

There was romance, suspense, and action, all the necessary ingredients to make for an exciting read. However, the plot was a mirror of what took place in Admission. It felt as if I was reading the same story but with different character
Franci Neill
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Dynamic Stars!!!

I've been looking forward to this book since I finished Admission, Book One in this series.... I may have even stalked Kaithlin about this a little bit...basically chomping at the bit to get my hands on this one.

One of the things I especially loved about this book is that it pretty picks up almost where we left off at in Admission. This is Annabelle and Connor's story. If there was ever a couple that belonged together, it's these two. They've been dancing around each other fo
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
5 Dynamic Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

Vickie
3.5 Stars

Perception, book two in Kaithlin Shepherds Brass Series, this time forcusing on Annabelle and Connor's story.

Annabelle Stevens is an Assistant US Attorney who is assigned to an elite DEA-led taskforce by her new boss, putting in close proximity with the one man she can’t shake...Connor Evans. For years, she’s been in love with him, and for years, he’s played yo-yo with her heart.

Abandoned by his parents, tossed around from one foster home to the next until his best friend’s family took
Naomi Connor

***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Naomi / Scandalous Book Blog***

I couldn't wait to read this book and I wasn't disappointed. I was hooked from beginning to end. This isn't a hearts and flowers love story. Filled with drama, agnst and suspence I was on the edge of my seat.Its passionate, raw, electrifying...This is Connor and Annabelle's story.

These two have danced around each other for years. They are friends and colleagues but the want and need for each other is strong. Connor
Lisa
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG - I loved this book!!

While the premise is the same as 'Admission', Kaithlin has still managed to create a fresh story that produces more than a few surprises along the way.

Connor has been in love Annabelle for a long time and Annabelle has been in love with Connor for a long time. However, Connor hasn't wanted to bring Annabelle closer because of his past as well as recent events, feeling she deserves someone better than him. Annabelle, though, is a tough cookie, working on some of the tough
Socially Book Nerd
I was given an ARC copy for an honest review
This was a great book. I would read book 1 first, I am like to follow the authors progression of a series..... Annabelle is strong, sexy, tattooed DEA Agent. Conner is a sexy, bad ass partnered to her same team. There relationship is hot... heavy....and ooo sooo amazing.
Justine
Linda Romer
Mian
Victoria
Mar 26, 2016
Kaithlin Shepherd was born and raised in Canada where she learned to figure skate and where she crafted a love affair with coffee. Growing up in a household filled by strong headed women, she learned early on that life is what you make it. Creating a world away from her own day to day, she loves the feeling of creating a universe where her fans can forget about everything in their life. She loves ...more

Brass (4 books)