Start by marking “Ring of Truth (Silver Script #1)” as Want to Read:
Ring of Truth (Silver Script #1)

Ring of Truth

(Silver Script #1)

Erin's Fake Engagement Might Not Be Her Most Brilliant Idea

But how does she admit the truth to her wedding-crazed mom? Erin doesn't have time for a relationship. After six years of late nights and mind-numbing assignments as a marketing executive with the billion-dollar Silver Script Ad Agency, she finally landed the coveted Smithson Jewelers account, which means her lov

Published November 3rd 2015 by Dragons & Fairy Tales Press

To ask other readers questions about Ring of Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ring of Truth

Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Mar 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, romance
I like the idea of this book. A couple who barely know each other, say they are dating to get their parents to leave them alone about dating. A ring from a commercial makes one set of parents think there is an engagement, and the couple goes along with it.

The characters have great chemistry, and that is one thing that I liked about the book. They both have a strong work ethic and are devoted to the things that are important to them.

For me the writing fell a little flat. I had a hard time getting
Katie W
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
(3.5 Stars) Erin is a busy woman, making her way in New York City as an ad executive. Jake is trying to break through into the acting scene and a job on a commercial leads Erin's mother to believe they're engaged. A plan is hatched to let their parents think that, to keep them off their backs about their non-existent relationships. The premise of this story is very promising and I like stories built on a fake relationships, especially when the relationship of convenience brings out the chemistry ...more
Sarah TheAromaofBooks
Okay, honestly, this book was ridiculous. There were no motivations for any of the crazy stuff they did. (Why did they pretend to be engaged instead of just pretending to be dating? Why would they let their parents start to make wedding plans when they've only known each other for 48 hours? Why are they both acting like they can't imagine life without the other when they were living life without the other a mere three days ago? Why are they acting like they'll never see each other again when the ...more
Tamera Westhoff
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome fake engagement

I crack up at fake engagements and this was no different! I love how they run with the fake engagement and it's huge! I especially love how quickly it changes from fake to real and how a misunderstanding really takes them for a ride! Who would have thought that two Georgians would meet each other in New York City! I would really love to see what happens next!
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: sarah
Valerie Steimle
A clean romance of two different people but both with the same kind of parents who want their children to get married and settle down. Fate brought them together and the ups and downs in their relationship will carry you through to the end of the story. Wonderful characters who are real to life without inappropriate scenes or language. A wonderful romance for any age.
Texas
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Silver Script Series:
Silver Script Set Books 1 – 7: Interesting. Heartwarming. Fun to read. Perfect with a cuppa. All the stories involve employees of the Silver Script, an advertising agency, with a gamut of friends and clients. The TOC needs editing: book titles are missing, but the links work correctly.

Pat Allen
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute romance

I enjoyed this cute romance.
Jake is a cowboy aspiring to be an actor, broke, in arrears with his rent when he takes a part-time job at the pound. Her cat escapes when the cleaner leaves her door open. She finds it at the pound, has to pay a hefty fine, but meets the good-looking blue eyed man. Things move very fast from there since both of them have parents arriving woth expectations of finding their adult children involved in romances. To stop their parents pestering them, they agre
Vivian
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well done variation on the trope

This is a very sweet story with likable protagonists. It kept me reading eagerly all the way to the end. I thought it was a little over the top that Erin's mother kicked Jake out when she did as it was clear that he cared & had expended a lot of money and effort to get there. And I was disappointed that Erin didn't do much about it. It didn't make sense that she was so passive about Jake even after she returned home.

Thankfully these were minor annoyances that
Texas
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ring of Truth #1 – I love this book! Ms. Hardy always writes a heartwarming story that keeps the reader captivated. There’s a romance in the works, suspense and plenty of humor. An innocent romance without the Hollywood life garbage that’s forced on us daily. The characters are lovable, with plenty of personality. The well thought out story line is interesting and there’s no stupidity formula common in books of this genre. Perfect for a relaxing time with a cuppa. 5*
Debra
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
A promising start

The premise is a familiar one - boy meets girl, there's an immediate attraction which they use to create a fake fiance scenario for the parents.
Jake and Erin are the couple. There is little character development, and the scenes and dialogue are written in a stilted manner.
The author shows promise. Hopefully future stories will be more engaging.
NaDell
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story starts with two people who tell their parents that they have a date for a wedding that the parents are both coming to NYC to attend and then their trials to find a real date. The story was more fun than I expected and maybe even a little more quickly paced than I prefer in a romance, but it still fit very well.
Alison
Dec 25, 2016 rated it liked it
A quick, easy, light read about a couple who meet by chance and keep bumping into each other. Due to a series of events her parents believe they are engaged and it quickly snowballs almost out of control. A few bumps and upsets later and a happy ending for all.
Cynthia
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

She is an ad executive. He's an actor working part time at animal shelter. That is where they met when her cleaning lady let her cat out again. She helps him one commercial, but end up do her commercials together. What starts as a lost cat, could end up in love.
Donna Campbell
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really good

This was another really great story in the Silver Script series. It was fun, entertaining and I loved the chemistry. A sweet, clean romance.
Amanda Caswell
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute romance

Quick timeline and conventional plot, but well-executed and enjoyable. Weist is always a joy to read. I'm excited to read more of the series.
Susan K
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Romance, clean, mild Christian elements.
This was more of a 3.5 for me. I loved the New York setting, and the chemistry between the two main characters. The writing was a little simple, but it definitely had some cute moments. The premise was a little far fetched, I can't really see someone pretending to be engaged to their parents on a whim. They did have some cute date moments, and of course, Erin and Jake are both hometown characters living in the 'big' city. Erin has fully embraced it, Jake i
Kristen
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
3/18/19- I had forgotten I had read this one starting the Silver Script series and really enjoyed it again the second time around.

9/20/16-Now, that was really cute. I love marriage of convenience books, although this was an engagement of convenience. Really cute, I loved Erin & Jake. I thought Erin's mom went a little overboard after finding out it was a ruse...it takes two to tango. Overall great clean fun.

Moral Note: Clean language, clean romance.
Pattisue
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Silver Script Series. I enjoyed this light fun story. What started out as a simple white lie quickly spiraled out of control. Soon Erin and Jake found themselves caught in a web of deceit. My favorite part was the chemistry and sparks between the main characters. This is a good start to the series and I look forward to continuing to the next book.
Patricia
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute premise--fake engagement--but of course, one lie just spirals out of control, particularly when lying to parentals who just don't let it drop. Nice story with nice characters.
Jenny_acc
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
I found it an okay book. It was interesting in the beginning ,but as the book progressed i found it to become very unrealistic which kinda killed it for me.
Aislinn
Oct 13, 2016
Kayla Powell
Mar 17, 2017
Jaclyn
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Laura Walker
Jul 13, 2016
Judi
Jun 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jaclyn is an Idaho farm girl who grew up loving to read. She developed a love for writing as a senior in high school, when her dad jokingly said she was the next Dr. Seuss (not even close, but very sweet). She met her husband, Steve, at BYU, and they have six happy, crazy children who encourage her to keep writing. After owning a bookstore and running away to have adventures in Australia, they set ...more

Silver Script (7 books)
  • A Christmas Worth Billions (Silver Script #2)
  • Fashioned for Love (A Silver Script #3)
  • Change in Harmony (Silver Script #4)
  • Another Chance for Love (Silver Script #5)
  • Love in Return
  • Waves of Hope (A Silver Script #7)