Start by marking “Runaway Deception (Royal Deception, #2)” as Want to Read:
Runaway Deception (Royal Deception, #2)

Runaway Deception (Royal Deception, #2)

He never wanted to kill the King. She never wanted to be the Princess.

After the death of his father, the King of Arton, Symon is on the run from his own people. He forges a new identity as an outlaw who opposes the persecution of animal shifters. Despite facing pirates, thieves, and slavers, Symon’s biggest struggle will be forgiving himself.

As Arton’s new heir, twelve-yea
Published February 1st 2016 by Worcester

To ask other readers questions about Runaway Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaway Deception

Ben Mariner
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great installment in the series. More of the great stuff we got in book one while getting a deeper relationship with the characters and seeing the plot unfold further. More sweet shapeshifter stuff which is always a plus. If you liked book 1, you'll like book 2.
Valicity Garris
I had the pleasure of reading the first book in this series so I knew what to expect when I received a copy of this second book in the series. I must say, this is definitely an original novel. I have heard of shifters in other books and shows before but I think the way it is incorporated here is very interesting and unique.

The biggest difference from this book and the last, in my opinion, is the narration from both characters’ perspective. One of the main characters is a young male while the ot
Denae Christine
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like retellings and Nielsen's Runaway King
(I admit; I'm biased.)

In this second book of the trilogy, Lana gets more quality time. Both she and Symon have to decide several things:

*Should you help those in need at the cost of going against everything you were raised for?
*When do you risk trusting your enemies?
*Can you stay true to who you are when you are lying to everyone around you?

This book is the second in a trilogy that retells Disney's The Lion King. I'm curious how many similarities readers find.
Blade shifters instead of lions and
Aly
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love the cover of this book. I think this series is very good. I read the first book and I enjoyed it. This book is just as good if not better. I think the characters are great and the story comes alive off the page. I think you should check out this series for yourself and see what you think. Symon struggles to forgive himself and I can understand how hard that can be. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Andy Worcester
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
More character development, exciting new information, perfectly paced, and more, it is fun to read.
J C Steel
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Symon abandoned the throne of Arton after the death of his father, leaving his treacherous uncle in functional charge of the country and his mother and a twelve-year-old soon-to-be-royal, Lana, as the only bulwark against the coup. Fleeing through the countryside, Symon accidentally falls in with the rumoured band of renegade animal shifters known as the Hoard, and decides to remain with them, hiding who and what he actually is, as his uncle’s Inurite army imprison and kill animal shifters acros ...more
Grace
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the second book you get to now Lana more. The cover is really cool! It was really original. Very evenly paced! You get to now the characters much more!! Over all i really loved it!!
Andy Worcester
Pam
Leland Lee
Kathy Heare Watts
Feb 07, 2016
Denae Christine is a Bible-believing Christian who lives in Colorado and teaches high school math.
She has moved too many times and gathered too many bookshelves. She likes being with her family, listening to audiobooks, playing with little kids, and collecting dragons.
Others find her strange because
A, she likes reading and math equally well.
B, she was homeschooled but now teaches in a public scho