Start by marking “Now You Love Me” as Want to Read:
Now You Love Me

Now You Love Me

3.23  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Her father is gone for good—not on a business trip like her mother said—and Annie knows it. Her little brother, Gus, might believe that he’ll come back, but Annie is too sharp, too observant, to believe this comforting lie. In their little house by the shore of Lake Michigan, where everything is the same and yet not, Annie, Gus, and their dreamy, beautiful mother, Paige, a ...more
Published February 27th 2007 by Three Rivers Press (first published December 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Now You Love Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now You Love Me

Alia Yunis
Feb 12, 2009 rated it really liked it

Without relying on pop culture references, as is so often the case, this is a great capture of childhood in the Upper Midwest in the late 70's. Anyone who remember childhood then, and can smell the Tater Tots and see the yellow shag carpet and paneling without the writer even having to be tell us they were all there. Very autobiographical, I'm guessing, and that may be where the plot lost a lot of its steam. But a lovely, poignant portrayal of a childhood from a very believable child's POV.
Christy
Mar 07, 2008 rated it liked it
A series of interrelated snapshots from a child's perspective on the loss of a parents and the daily struggles of life. An interesting viewpoint.
Kristen Schreur
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved the characters in this book...so simple but so quirky...I laughed out loud several times. I found this author to really be different than anything I've read before!
Sam
Jul 17, 2007 rated it it was amazing
sweet book.
Emily Ross
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book was promising but never really went anywhere. I liked the characters but did not feel they were fully developed and the plot was too thin. A short book I read it in one afternoon.
Wiwwa
Aug 30, 2008 rated it did not like it
I read about a third of this and gave up. Just wasn't interested enough in the charactors to care what happened with them.
Hilary
Dec 30, 2016
Cindy
Feb 21, 2016
Esthy
rated it did not like it
May 19, 2017
Becky
Jun 16, 2007
Veronica
Feb 23, 2014
I was born in Harbor Springs, Michigan. More precisely, I was born in Petoskey, seven miles down the road, and was swiftly removed to Harbor Springs to live out my childhood. If you make a mitten shape with your left hand, Harbor Springs is located along the western edge of your middle finger as it rises above the ring finger. It’s a small town on the shore of Lake Michigan. That left hand of your ...more
More about Liesel Litzenburger