Start by marking “Resisting Roots” as Want to Read:

(Lotus House #1)

Yoga instructor Genevieve Harper is a blond bombshell loaded down with responsibility and sacrifice. She makes the most out of raising her two siblings in the wake of their parents’ tragic accident. At twenty-four, she doesn’t have time to devote to a man…especially not the devastatingly handsome.

Trent Fox, who’s known for being a “player” on and off the baseball field.
Published April 5th 2016 by Waterhouse Press LLC (first published April 4th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Resisting Roots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resisting Roots

Start your review of Resisting Roots
Coco.V
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book alot! I've been a massive fan of Audrey Carlan since I had the opportunity to read the amazing Trinity Trilogy (my favorite) and the Falling series. Once more she has succeeded in taking readers on a magical and exciting journey. Resisting Roots is book one of The Lotus House Series and can be read as a standalone. It is a romantic, sensual, hot and steamy love story. This is the kind of book that makes your heart happy.

Genevieve Harper is a twenty-four year-old bombshell
AC Book Blog
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Resisting Roots by Audrey Carlan ~ 5 Namaste Stars

“Be kind to yours, for you only get one in this lifetime.”

WHOA WHOA WHOA! I just finished this book in one sitting.LOVED IT!!!! Seriously, I could not put this book down.This is a standalone, contemporary, baseball star and yoga instructor romance.

I completely adore the characters in this book.Genevieve is a 24-year-old woman who is a beautiful blond bombshell.She is smart, strong and not easily fooled by the sexy smile of a hot baseball star.
Karen
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet, low angst, predictable, fluffy. For what it was, it was good.
Courtney
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Genevieve is a young yoga instructor and part-time hair dresser with a mountain of responsibility and no time for men. Trent is a great MLB player player who is recovering from hamstring surgery. When Trent is ordered to take his recovery seriously or risk losing his team contract, he attends Genevieve's yoga class. He quickly becomes intrigued by Genevieve and ends up setting up private sessions with her. Neither can deny their attraction to one another and things quickly heat up between the ...more
NAT.orious reads ☽
2 unsettled
This book is for you if… you want to get more bored than you already are. Disrespectful and ignorant behaviour, misogyny and stealthing-like behaviour.

Overall.
Okay, I sure have some stuff to say about this book. First of all, it did not grip me at all. I read the first few chapters and new this story wouldn't get exciting in my eyes. I kept to it because - helloooo? it's about yogis. Naturally, I couldn't let that opportunity pass. Which is why I am even sadder this book fucking
Tiffany {Beyond the Stars: Book Blog}
Originally, I gave Resisting Roots 4 stars. But after taking a night to ponder the story, I think there are too many errors to try to avoid and that I need to point out. I did enjoy the story though so it still receives 3 stars.

Resisting Roots is unique and different. I can tell Audrey Carlan put a lot of thought into writing this novel, and it shows. It is a really wonderful story.

But. There are holes. It feels very rushed at the end and it doesn't flow as well as it could. I also noticed a lot
D.G.
Jan 06, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNFed ~20%
Is this supposed to be real life or fantasy? When the hero goes to this yoga studio, he meets a bunch of gorgeous women and the neighborhood is this magical place where everybody is everybody's friend and businesses charge a lot less for a lot of organic food. **Rolls eyes** I can't take all this saccharine shit and there's a LOT more yoga than I thought - not only does every chapter starts with a description of a yoga pose but we also have to hear detailed explanations from the
Bex | TotallyBex.com
ARC generously provided in exchange for an honest review.

Order: Kindle | Paperback | Kobo | iBooks | Nook

DawnMarie  Carpintero
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
5 Stars

I was given this book for my honest review

A simple vinaigrette consists of oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt seasonings are optional. Give it a strong whisking and you have a simple dressing that all will love on their salad. The saying goes however oil and vinegar do not mix but with this simple task of whisking air into the combination it combines for just a split second which will leave an amount of euphoria in your mouth.

A true journey of two lost souls in their every right come
Shelly | The Mockingbird Reads
I really enjoyed this but it shouldn’t surprise me as I’ve enjoyed the other books by Audrey Carlan that I’ve read.
The angst wasn’t very high, which I liked (at the moment) because let’s face it, a girl needs a break from high angst at times.
Plus, I REALLY love the yoga aspect of this book/series. It’s very unique and something I’ve become interested in learning within the past year.

Looking forward to continuing the series!
Thelma
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Genevieve was a yoga teacher trying to make her way in life, supporting her siblings as her parents were no longer around..
life and circumstances made Genevive to take charge of everything, making it difficult for her to be able to complete her dreams and career.. she was working in different jobs to be able to provide for the family, life wasn't easy and she didn't need any complications until him.. the most handsome guy she ever met..

Trent is a famous baseball player who is used to have
Carissa
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not bad for my first read by Audrey carlan. I can't wait for the passionflix movie
Ceej Chargualaf
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Resisting Roots is a sensual tale of life, love, and struggle. This book definitely follows along with Audrey's tagline of "Wicked Hot Love Stories". This isn't your usual "wicked hot love story". It has a focus on the art of yoga. In the Note to the Reader, Audrey specifies that the yoga teachings in the book were personally written as a Registered Yoga Teacher. As someone who has never tried yoga, this interested me even more in the book.

Genevieve Harper is a yoga instructor at the Lotus
Rhenna Morgan
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super sweet and CRAZY sexy! Audrey Carlan is off to a stellar start with the first book in her new Lotus House series! As always, her characters were amazingly endearing with a genuine and relatable mix of perks and flaws. I loved how strong of a heroine Genevieve was and yet maintained her softness. Trent had all the makings for being a complete ass (and was already halfway gone before he met Genevieve) but with her impact on his life, turned out to be a total stand up, swoon worthy hero.

And
Anas Attic  Book Blog

Resisting Roots by Audrey Carlan
Narrated by Holly Chandler and Jacob Morgan
Erotic Romance. Standalone in a Series.
I grabbed Resisting Roots by Audrey Carlan on Audible when I found out it was going to be a Passionflix movie. I never even read the blurb. It began with the author telling us she was a yoga teacher in real life so her knowledge of yoga was extensive. And it was about a yoga teacher, something I haven't read before, so I was excited to listen.

Each chapter began with an
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
If you’re a fan of Audrey Carlan’s books this one will not disappoint! I just couldn’t put it down once I started, I read it in almost one go, the story of Trent and Genevieve will capture your heart. I love how the author gives an insight to the yoga positions and teachings at the start of each chapter. It’s not just a red hot sexy love story, it’s also about family and commitment, coming to terms with loss and finding the strength to move on and face the future. Loved it! Cant wait for the ...more
Misty
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If there is something that Audrey knows it's Yoga and how to write a hot book. Putting them together is a concept I have to admit I was hesitant about but in true AC fashion she proved me wrong. Resisting Roots is just the beginning of many stories involving the Lotus House and I have to say after reading Resisting Roots I am excited about the rest of the series.

This book introduces us to Genevieve and Trent. Both have some pretty serious life obstacles they are trying to overcome and the last
Viktória Tóth
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

I liked the blurb and the beautiful cover so the book was sold for me.
The story itself builts on a really good general idea, with the whole injured athleet and yoga instructor theme. And I like the characters and their backgrounds too.
Where did it lost me? When it started to force down my throat all of the new age stuff really agressivly oh and the describing of almost every yoga pose through pages over and over again. The actual story, in wich not a whole lot of thing going ont o
Rhenna Morgan
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

And
Shaylene Lockard
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I couldn't put this book down!

First, I knew yoga was a wonderful practice but I didn't grasp the beauty of it until reading this book. It is amazing to me how Audrey took yoga and wicked hot sex and grouped them into a flowing novel.

Genevieve and Trent come from two different worlds. Genevieve the beautiful yogi and Trent the baseball player. Two different worlds that are weaved together through injury, love, lust, spirituality, and the desire from two people to make it work despite the
Heather Pollock
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Review ~~ Resisting Roots

by Audrey Carlan

QueenZany 5 STAR REVIEW

I'm so happy to have found a great new author!!

“Resisting Roots” is a lovely romance story. That had left swooning for more.
The story was well written, developed, sexy and steady. I did love the touch of yoga mixed in.
Since I'm a yogi at heart. Everything about the book was perfect. Except that Genevieve did bug the crap out of me. Once you get past that the book is everything I needed.
Now I can't wait for the
Chelsi Tauscher
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Word.

Fans of Audrey will not be disappointed with this one. I swear they get better with every book she writes.

The story of super hot baseball pro Trent Fox and Genevieve Harper is one to take you on amazing ride, and then some. It is wicked hot (hot hot hot) did I say hot? I was lucky enough to be blessed with an advanced copy and I can truly say it was a read I couldn't put down but wanted to read as slow as possible so it wouldn't be over yet!

Loved every single word.
Jenna
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was an emotional tale full of self discovery and determination. What Vivie thought would be a simple little fling to kill her three year sex drought turns into a full blown relationship with Trent. Be prepared for jealousy, love, tears, and all the complications of finding a new family.
This is the first book in a new Audrey Carlan series... and I think it's going to be a good one.
Rebecca
This was a pretty good quick and easy read. I look forward to reading the rest of the books in the series for an easy read.

The main characters are Genevieve and Trent. Genevieve is a struggling hair dresser and yoga teacher looking after her two siblings after the death of their parents. Trent is a highly regarded sports person until he gets injured and has to attend yoga to help with his physical therapy. The two have very good chemistry and it's a pretty hot romance.

There are some secondary
Bellereader
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trent and Genevieve will have your heart tied up in knots as they fall head over heels. Genevieve won’t take the credit, but her selfless acts after her parent's passing should qualify her for sainthood. She put aside her dreams and aspirations to become the solo caretaker for her two young siblings and to take on all the burdens of caring for a whole family. With bills ever present and only her fly by night hair salon business and yoga income to support them, Genevieve has has to make some ...more
Ivy
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With the baseball player thrown into the yoga setting, this comes up pretty unique and I liked it, though not being into yoga itself. There were somewhat too precise descriptions on it but nothing too dull.

I also liked both Trent with his forward nature and Genevieve, being such a fighter and caring for her lovely siblings.

I liked some of the surprises thrown in. Even the obligatory "dramatic situation" was ok.
Afterwards it went slightly too smooth and ends up slightly too cheesy but it suits
Adilene Cornejo
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. My favorite thing about it was that it was almost like the story is about what its like for a single mom trying to date. Genevieve, who is raising her brother and sister, has to put their needs before her own and Trent has to understand that if he wants anything to do with Vivvie, he has to be able to handle all the responsibilities she comes with. Now add in the fact that shes a yoga teacher & he's a professional baseball player in need of some private lessons, things get ...more
Whennie
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars!

I love the story from the very start I read it. I somehow relate to Viv's situation, I really admire her determination to help her siblings, gave the things they needed. To put her dreams aside to provide for her brother and sister is a little sad but for the future of her siblings, she endure it and that's one of the traits I love about her. And I'm happy how Trent's parents welcome Viv and her siblings as one of their family.
Amy
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book!!! This story has lots of different feels. Just enough to keep us on our toes. Trent and Genevieve are total opposites but I think that is what makes them work. They each have to learn to get over their pasts and everything will fall into place hopefully. Can't wait to read more.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• EXTENDED trust: Charlotte & Trenton
  • Perfectly Broken
  • Show me the Stars (Leuchtturm-Trilogie, #1)
  • Extended hope: Hayley & Aaron
  • Up All Night (Up-All-Night-Reihe 1)
  • Broken Darkness. So vollkommen (Broken-Darkness-Serie 2)
  • New Beginnings (Green Valley Love, #1)
  • Finde Mich. Jetzt. (Finde-mich-Reihe, #1)
  • Wind in deinen Segeln: Ready to be found
  • Sophie's Voice
  • Falling Fast (Hailee & Chase, #1)
  • Diamonds For Love – Glühende Leidenschaft: Roman
  • Rose in Bloom (Sex and the Season #2)
  • New Promises (Green Valley Love #2)
  • Flirting with Fire (Blue Collar Brothers, #1)
  • Breaking Brandon (Fate, #2)
  • Hexentochter (Clans of London, #1)
  • Lady Alexandra's Lover
Audrey Carlan is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. She writes wicked hot love stories that are designed to give the reader a romantic experience that's sexy, sweet, and so hot your e-reader might melt. Some of her works include the wildly successful Calendar Girl Serial, the Trinity Trilogy and the International Guy Serial.

She lives in the California

Lotus House (7 books)
  • Sacred Serenity (Lotus House #2)
  • Divine Desire (Lotus House #3)
  • Limitless Love (Lotus House #4)
  • Silent Sins (Lotus House #5)
  • Intimate Intuition (Lotus House #6)
  • Enlightened End (Lotus House #7)