Start by marking “Resisting Roots” as Want to Read:

(Lotus House #1)

Yoga instructor Genevieve Harper is a blond bombshell loaded down with responsibility and sacrifice. She makes the most out of raising her two siblings in the wake of their parents tragic accident. At twenty-four, she doesnt have time to devote to a manespecially not the devastatingly handsome.

Trent Fox, whos known for being a player on and off the baseball field. Trent
Published April 5th 2016 by Waterhouse Press LLC (first published April 4th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Resisting Roots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resisting Roots

Start your review of Resisting Roots
Coco.V
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book alot! I've been a massive fan of Audrey Carlan since I had the opportunity to read the amazing Trinity Trilogy (my favorite) and the Falling series. Once more she has succeeded in taking readers on a magical and exciting journey. Resisting Roots is book one of The Lotus House Series and can be read as a standalone. It is a romantic, sensual, hot and steamy love story. This is the kind of book that makes your heart happy.

Genevieve Harper is a twenty-four year-old bombshell
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Resisting Roots by Audrey Carlan ~ 5 Namaste Stars

Be kind to yours, for you only get one in this lifetime.

WHOA WHOA WHOA! I just finished this book in one sitting.  LOVED IT!!!! Seriously, I could not put this book down.  This is a standalone, contemporary, baseball star and yoga instructor romance.

I completely adore the characters in this book.  Genevieve is a 24-year-old woman who is a beautiful blond bombshell.  She is smart, strong and not easily fooled by the sexy smile of a hot
Karen
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet, low angst, predictable, fluffy. For what it was, it was good.
Courtney
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Genevieve is a young yoga instructor and part-time hair dresser with a mountain of responsibility and no time for men. Trent is a great MLB player player who is recovering from hamstring surgery. When Trent is ordered to take his recovery seriously or risk losing his team contract, he attends Genevieve's yoga class. He quickly becomes intrigued by Genevieve and ends up setting up private sessions with her. Neither can deny their attraction to one another and things quickly heat up between the ...more
NAT.orious reads ☾
2 unsettled ★★✩✩✩
This book is for you if you want to get more bored than you already are. Disrespectful and ignorant behaviour, misogyny and stealthing-like behaviour.

⤐Overall.
Okay, I sure have some stuff to say about this book. First of all, it did not grip me at all. I read the first few chapters and new this story wouldn't get exciting in my eyes. I kept to it because - helloooo? it's about yogis. Naturally, I couldn't let that opportunity pass. Which is why I am even sadder this book
Audrey Carlan
Sep 26, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
***FREE BOOK*** Never read my work before?
Download my book RESISTING ROOTS for FREE! And guess what??!! Genevieve and Trents story is being made into a Passionflix movie!
Get your FREE copy here:
US: http://amzn.to/25xJMjv
UK: http://amzn.to/1UVFL4p
B&N: http://bit.ly/1SyoWdw
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1OTtNkP
iBooks: http://apple.co/20ppcOz
Google Play: http://bit.ly/20C13V3
Tiffany {Beyond the Stars: Book Blog}
Originally, I gave Resisting Roots 4 stars. But after taking a night to ponder the story, I think there are too many errors to try to avoid and that I need to point out. I did enjoy the story though so it still receives 3 stars.

Resisting Roots is unique and different. I can tell Audrey Carlan put a lot of thought into writing this novel, and it shows. It is a really wonderful story.

But. There are holes. It feels very rushed at the end and it doesn't flow as well as it could. I also noticed a lot
D.G.
Jan 06, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNFed ~20%
Is this supposed to be real life or fantasy? When the hero goes to this yoga studio, he meets a bunch of gorgeous women and the neighborhood is this magical place where everybody is everybody's friend and businesses charge a lot less for a lot of organic food. **Rolls eyes** I can't take all this saccharine shit and there's a LOT more yoga than I thought - not only does every chapter starts with a description of a yoga pose but we also have to hear detailed explanations from the
Bex | TotallyBex.com
▸ ARC generously provided in exchange for an honest review.

▸ Order: Kindle | Paperback | Kobo | iBooks | Nook

▸ For more reviews, visit
NightOwlReader.com
Jenn Amy
Resisting Roots is the first book in Audrey Carlan's Lotus House Series and follows the story of Genevieve and Trent. Genevieve Harper is a passionate yoga instructor. After the loss of her parents she is doing her best to make ends meet while raising her younger siblings. Trent walking into Genevieve's life was nothing she expected and she was not ready for him. He is a full of charm and cockiness and the moment he sets his sights on Genevieve he is determined to get to know her and make her ...more
Jasmin Jace
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
DawnMarie  Carpintero
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
5 Stars

I was given this book for my honest review

A simple vinaigrette consists of oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt seasonings are optional. Give it a strong whisking and you have a simple dressing that all will love on their salad. The saying goes however oil and vinegar do not mix but with this simple task of whisking air into the combination it combines for just a split second which will leave an amount of euphoria in your mouth.

A true journey of two lost souls in their every right come
Shelly | VixenReads
I really enjoyed this but it shouldnt surprise me as Ive enjoyed the other books by Audrey Carlan that Ive read.
The angst wasnt very high, which I liked (at the moment) because lets face it, a girl needs a break from high angst at times.
Plus, I REALLY love the yoga aspect of this book/series. Its very unique and something Ive become interested in learning within the past year. 🧘♀🧘♂

Looking forward to continuing the series!
Anas Attic  Book Blog

Resisting Roots by Audrey Carlan
Narrated by Holly Chandler and Jacob Morgan
Erotic Romance. Standalone in a Series.
I grabbed Resisting Roots by Audrey Carlan on Audible when I found out it was going to be a Passionflix movie. I never even read the blurb. It began with the author telling us she was a yoga teacher in real life so her knowledge of yoga was extensive. And it was about a yoga teacher, something I haven't read before, so I was excited to listen.

Each chapter began with an
Thelma
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Genevieve was a yoga teacher trying to make her way in life, supporting her siblings as her parents were no longer around..
life and circumstances made Genevive to take charge of everything, making it difficult for her to be able to complete her dreams and career.. she was working in different jobs to be able to provide for the family, life wasn't easy and she didn't need any complications until him.. the most handsome guy she ever met..

Trent is a famous baseball player who is used to have
Karma Queen
I love this book that shows the strength and character of yoga instructor Genevieve Harper. She is responsible for her two younger siblings since the tragic death of their parents. She had to postpone her dream but does her best to keep the household going. She teaches yoga at Lotus House and cuts hair on the side to earn money.

Hotshot baseball player Trent Fox is sidelined by a hamstring injury and he's doing the least he can with regards to rehabilitation. His manager pays him a visit and
Carissa
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not bad for my first read by Audrey carlan. I can't wait for the passionflix movie
Ceej Chargualaf
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Resisting Roots is a sensual tale of life, love, and struggle. This book definitely follows along with Audrey's tagline of "Wicked Hot Love Stories". This isn't your usual "wicked hot love story". It has a focus on the art of yoga. In the Note to the Reader, Audrey specifies that the yoga teachings in the book were personally written as a Registered Yoga Teacher. As someone who has never tried yoga, this interested me even more in the book.

Genevieve Harper is a yoga instructor at the Lotus
Rhenna Morgan
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super sweet and CRAZY sexy! Audrey Carlan is off to a stellar start with the first book in her new Lotus House series! As always, her characters were amazingly endearing with a genuine and relatable mix of perks and flaws. I loved how strong of a heroine Genevieve was and yet maintained her softness. Trent had all the makings for being a complete ass (and was already halfway gone before he met Genevieve) but with her impact on his life, turned out to be a total stand up, swoon worthy hero.

And
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
If youre a fan of Audrey Carlans books this one will not disappoint! I just couldnt put it down once I started, I read it in almost one go, the story of Trent and Genevieve will capture your heart. I love how the author gives an insight to the yoga positions and teachings at the start of each chapter. Its not just a red hot sexy love story, its also about family and commitment, coming to terms with loss and finding the strength to move on and face the future. Loved it! Cant wait for the next ...more
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone
Ages of H and h: Genevieve is 24 and Trent is 27
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Misty
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If there is something that Audrey knows it's Yoga and how to write a hot book. Putting them together is a concept I have to admit I was hesitant about but in true AC fashion she proved me wrong. Resisting Roots is just the beginning of many stories involving the Lotus House and I have to say after reading Resisting Roots I am excited about the rest of the series.

This book introduces us to Genevieve and Trent. Both have some pretty serious life obstacles they are trying to overcome and the last
Anissa Garcia
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Genevieve Harper is a gorgeous, young yoga instructor...with no time for a social life. After the death of her parents, she has taken on the responsibility of caring for her two younger siblings, and works hard to provide for them. The last thing she needs is a man to get in her way and distract her from what's most important.
Enter baseball player extraordinaire Trent Fox. Hunky, handsome and huge, this baseball player hires Genevieve for private lessons after he's torn his hamstring and needs
Viktória Tóth
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

I liked the blurb and the beautiful cover so the book was sold for me.
The story itself builts on a really good general idea, with the whole injured athleet and yoga instructor theme. And I like the characters and their backgrounds too.
Where did it lost me? When it started to force down my throat all of the new age stuff really agressivly oh and the describing of almost every yoga pose through pages over and over again. The actual story, in wich not a whole lot of thing going ont o
Jdursi
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed RR and cant wait to read the rest of the series. I liked the incorporation of Yoga into the story because I havent found anything else like it before. It was a unique twist to add poses and beliefs at the beginning of chapters. Even though Trent is a professional baseball player and Genevieve is a young woman struggling to support herself and her siblings it has a real feel to it. I liked Vivvies character, shes a strong character, one that doesnt whine and cry woe is me at ...more
Shaylene Lockard
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I couldn't put this book down!

First, I knew yoga was a wonderful practice but I didn't grasp the beauty of it until reading this book. It is amazing to me how Audrey took yoga and wicked hot sex and grouped them into a flowing novel.

Genevieve and Trent come from two different worlds. Genevieve the beautiful yogi and Trent the baseball player. Two different worlds that are weaved together through injury, love, lust, spirituality, and the desire from two people to make it work despite the
Rhenna Morgan

Shelves: favorites
Review ~~ Resisting Roots

by Audrey Carlan

QueenZany 5 STAR REVIEW

I'm so happy to have found a great new author!!

Resisting Roots is a lovely romance story. That had left swooning for more.
The story was well written, developed, sexy and steady. I did love the touch of yoga mixed in.
Since I'm a yogi at heart. Everything about the book was perfect. Except that Genevieve did bug the crap out of me. Once you get past that the book is everything I needed.
Now I can't wait for the next
Chelsi Tauscher
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Word.

Fans of Audrey will not be disappointed with this one. I swear they get better with every book she writes.

The story of super hot baseball pro Trent Fox and Genevieve Harper is one to take you on amazing ride, and then some. It is wicked hot (hot hot hot) did I say hot? I was lucky enough to be blessed with an advanced copy and I can truly say it was a read I couldn't put down but wanted to read as slow as possible so it wouldn't be over yet!

Loved every single word.
Jenna
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was an emotional tale full of self discovery and determination. What Vivie thought would be a simple little fling to kill her three year sex drought turns into a full blown relationship with Trent. Be prepared for jealousy, love, tears, and all the complications of finding a new family.
This is the first book in a new Audrey Carlan series... and I think it's going to be a good one.

• The Curve (Swift Series, #1)
  • You're the One I Don't Want (The Tenth Girl, #2)
  • Yoga Girl
  • Perfectly Broken
  • Haze
  • Unprofessional
  • Sophie's Voice
  • Safe Bet (The Rules, #4)
  • Prokurator (Prokurator, #1)
  • Off the Hook (Fishing for Trouble, #1)
  • EXTENDED trust: Charlotte & Trenton
  • Rose in Bloom (Sex and the Season #2)
  • Destiny Laughs (Santini #1)
  • Redwood Dreams - Es beginnt mit einem Knistern (Redwood Ridge, #5)
  • Lady Alexandra's Lover
  • Aiden (Vested Interest, #2)
  • Fallen Heirs (Windsor Academy #3)
  • The Sassy Goddess
Audrey Carlan is a No. 1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal best-selling author. She writes stories that help the reader find themselves while falling in love. Some of her works include the worldwide phenomenon Calendar Girl serial, Trinity series and the International Guy series. Her books have been translated into over thirty languages across the globe.

She lives in the

Lotus House (7 books)
  • Sacred Serenity (Lotus House #2)
  • Divine Desire (Lotus House #3)
  • Limitless Love (Lotus House #4)
  • Silent Sins (Lotus House #5)
  • Intimate Intuition (Lotus House #6)
  • Enlightened End (Lotus House #7)

News & Interviews