Start by marking “Ranger Rick: National Parks!” as Want to Read:
Ranger Rick: National Parks!

Ranger Rick: National Parks!

From the crown jewels such as Yellowstone, Sequoia, and the Grand Canyon, to the many lesser-known but still stunning areas dotting the country, the National Parks have provided generations with enjoyment and wonder. Now, Ranger Rick: National Parks! takes readers on a tour of America s most beautiful protected landscapes. Join Ranger Rick as he leads this cross-country ad ...more
Published August 19th 2016 by Muddy Boots

To ask other readers questions about Ranger Rick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ranger Rick

Beth
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ranger Rick goes to the National Parks by Ken Keffer and Stacy Tornio is a very useful resource for children and their parents who are or might be planning a trip to any one of the National Parks. The parks are broken down by geographical location. A brief history of the National Park System is given as well as an explanation of why these parks are so important to us.
Each separate park is also described by location, history and size. Several important things to lookout for are listed with each
Jill
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
For the most part a great book. There was an editing mistake on the Badlands page (some of the facts were about Theodore Roosevelt National Park, not Badlands)
Psusan
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ranger Rick National Parks! by Stacy Tornio and Ken Keffer is a wonderful bite size trip into many of the US National Parks. Anyone who enjoys reading the Ranger Rick magazine would love this book. While it does not go into great depth on any one park, the book gives just enough information bites to pique any child’s curiosity.

I liked the magazine format of the pages with the photographs. The type of information chosen would be perfect for elementary readers. Not too wordy but not lacking either
Tracy J Hora
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads, netgalley
Ahh...the National Parks, I love them! Making it to all of the National Parks is on my bucket list, but I haven't gotten a passport. I've been to several of the parks, and this book would have been mighty handy, especially with kids. I will definitely have to purchase to keep with us on the next trip and recommend for our library to purchase. Thank you to NetGalley and Rowman & Littlefield Muddy Boots for an advanced copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.

It is great that all of the U
Nicole
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Full Review
Ranger Rick's Travels: National Parks! by Stacy Tornio is a book that is colorful which will help children appreciate the beauty and diversity of the United States. The book is categorized within the different regions of the country and then showcases National Parks within that area. Every National Park is mentioned. The pictures and facts about the parks are a great way to teach children about America. The book catches the attention of children and adults. I would love to include thi
Michelle's Book
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My students love the book
roxi Net
Jun 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: roxiown, roxidiy
I really liked going through this children's book for a few reasons:
1. I'm a giant nerd with the National Parks Passport and am making it my mission to hit all the major spots (by the way, nerds are a GOOD thing).
2. I have a 4-year-old niece who I'm dying to take traveling (the hurry for her to grow up is in direct violation of the need for her to never grow up).
3. The pictures, what to keep an eye out for, what not to miss, or other fun suggestions from Ranger Rick is great and simplified for b
Ronda
Jul 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Nice introduction. Like the namesake magazine, information in this book is sparse. Readers looking for more than just a brief glimpse of highlights on individual parks will need to look elsewhere. Sadly, I could only speak from experience re two of the parks, the Great Smoky Mountains and Mammoth Cave. While I personally want more information than what was given, I could see this book being a nice, general, quick read for elementary students whose families are planning to travel.
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is full of interesting information and beautiful photographs.

I received an ARC from NetGally.
Bronwyn