Start by marking “Theatre Of War (Follies #3)” as Want to Read:
Theatre Of War (Follies #3)

Theatre Of War

(Follies #3)

It is 1942. The theatres of war are North Africa and Italy. All eyes follow the front, but behind the scenes a messier war continues, an improvised game of snatched triumphs, terrible mistakes and terrifying uncertainty.

Cabaret singer by night, spy by day, Richard risks his life to help British servicemen escape occupied France and get back to England.

Rose leads a group of
Published July 9th 2008 by Hodder & Stoughton Ltd (first published June 12th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Theatre Of War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Theatre Of War

allbooksnoheart
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really think this series improves as I read each book- I really love Merry & Felix and love reading about them.
Sandra
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this once again,for me, a random pick up choice of book.I was very much into the story straight away and I also found it very poignant as well as matter of fact re the main wartime story. The ending has a good outcome for two characters but not so happy for others.
Joanna
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-my-library
Story continues....it's ok...but some parts are boring and that's why it took me so long to finish it...
Fi
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Follies is such a superb series, & this is possibly the best book of all; entirely absorbing & credible, I feel that I've learned so much about the brave resistance fighters in Italy
Cat
Jul 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I did not dislike this book in any which way but I didn't love it either. It was very informative and opened my eyes to a lot regarding the 'entertainers' during wartime but, to be completely honest, it bored me at times. I wish I could give this 3.5 stars but I went with 3 as I felt the .5 was closer to that than 4.
Pamela Darling
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Excellent writing with a great deal of detail and history about the people who entertained the troupes during ww2. I learned a lot about ENSA - how they entertained workers in factories as well as the troupes overseas. The characters were colourful and based on real life men and women which I had not known whilst reading the book.
Emily
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 of 4 in the Follies Series. It's so well planned and structured with characters of great depth, the author makes the reader feel so involved and close to the experiences and emotions felt. Unmissable!
Raymond
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was unfamiliar with this author or this series but she concocted an imaginative look into the British/European/Egyptian WWII entertainers and their supposed activities (tragedies, loves and love lost between what you would expect of "show" couples)!
Samantha
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant Book .. Now onto Book 4 :)
Helen
Apr 03, 2014
Emma Willmer
Oct 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Hilary Green is a trained actress and spent many years teaching drama. She has always written, producing novels, scripts for the BBC, and short stories, one of which one the Kythira Prize awarded by the Historical Novel Society.

When not writing she gardens, rides horses, walks in the countryside and plays bridge as well as enjoying travel and has been round the world several times. Hilary is marr

Follies (4 books)
  • Now Is The Hour (Follies #1)
  • They Also Serve (Follies #2)
  • The Final Act (Follies #4)