Start by marking “Never Say Goodbye” as Want to Read:
Never Say Goodbye

Never Say Goodbye

Diana knows what she is getting herself into when she applies to become an agent for the Special Operations Executive. The training is demanding—sabotage, codes, hand-to-hand combat, parachute jumps. Soon she finds herself in a Lysander flying to France, where any mistake could mean capture, torture, or death, for her and for the innocent people of France.
Published October 1st 2006 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Never Say Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Say Goodbye

Start your review of Never Say Goodbye
Rosie Amber
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Never Say Goodbye is a war-time drama. It is the story of secret agent Diana Stevens, known as Steve, who was sent into eastern France. Her role was a messenger and coordinator of other established spies’ activities. She used her initiative to manage resistance members, organise parachute drops of arms, and to aid sabotaging of railway lines.

The writing style and attention to detail brought out a real sense of danger. I really enjoyed the time spent building Steve’s character and how
Fi
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the previous book ('We'll Meet Again') so much that I immediately moved on to this one -and I wasn't disappointed! The story is a lot grittier. By sheer coincidence I decided to watch a recording I'd made of the TV series 'David Jason's Secret Service' - not having any clue as to how relevant it would be: and yet having the night before read a description of the house at Beaulieu where 'Steve' underwent the final stage of her training, I switched on my TV and there was David Jason show ...more
Tammy
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sequel to We'll Meet Again and a bit more exciting and gripping. Continues the story of one of the minor charactors from the previous book and involves to a lesser extent the central character from the previous book. Enjoyable, feel good reading.
Liz
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really interesting novel about the work of SOE in France.
It was a shame it ended so abruptly, as if the word count had been met!
Diana
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book, it made a pleasant change to read a book about the war with a woman as the heroine in an active role.
It follows the story of Steve who becomes a British spy in occupied France describing her training and missions in good detail. The characters and situations are all believable and you ready car about what happens and want them to survive.
Emma
Feb 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Thought this was a brilliant book and that it gave a great insight into how much many people suffered through the war and in many different ways.

I also loved the way it was connected to we'l meet again by the same writer and felt that it gave both books a more satifying finish.
Samantha
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Loved it .. Great Story and it was also Nice to Find out what Happened to them all at The End (Characters From We'll Meet Again) ... ;)
Adl2614
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great Great Great read......recommended to first read We'll Meet Again by Hilary Green that way you are already familiar with the leading lady.

You'll not want to put it down.
Robin

• A Change Of Fortune
  • One Step at a Time
  • Before The Storm
  • The Crew
  • Until the Debt is Paid  (Jan Tommen Investigation #1)
  • How to Fall in Love
  • Pride of Lancashire (The Preston Family, #1)
  • Winter in Madrid
  • Love and War: War changes one family forever…
  • Fairfield Hall
  • The Passing Bells (Passing Bells, #1)
  • Those In Peril
  • The Corner Shop
Hilary Green is a trained actress and spent many years teaching drama. She has always written, producing novels, scripts for the BBC, and short stories, one of which one the Kythira Prize awarded by the Historical Novel Society.

When not writing she gardens, rides horses, walks in the countryside and plays bridge as well as enjoying travel and has been round the world several times. Hilary is marr