Start by marking “Love Him Not” as Want to Read:
Love Him Not

Love Him Not

Are you an expert at the game of love? Find out in Love Him Not, an interactive unromantic comedy where YOU become the protagonist. As Elle Masters, you'll navigate hundreds of familiar dating dilemmas and passionate predicaments inspired by popular advice books and modern romance. Each choice is more complicated than the last, and the stakes are raised with each turn of t ...more
Paperback, Second, 530 pages
Published November 6th 2015 by Doorflower Company

To ask other readers questions about Love Him Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Him Not

Julia (Shakespeare and Such)
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who wants a fun, different reading experience
4.5/5 stars

I'm not going to lie- when I got this as an ebook for free on Amazon, I wasn't expecting all that much. I thought the premise sounded fun, and I recalled loving choose-your-own-adventure-type books as a kid, so I thought I'd just give it a go. Little did I know how obsessed with this story I would become and how absolutely in love with the characters I was going to fall.

Let's start there, shall we? Though the book is written in second person, our main character Elle Masters is not jus
Karen Whittard
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm enjoying this book very much right now. It's very fun and frustrating at the same time. I like how the story changes every time you make a decision and I love the fact you are in charge of how the story goes although never in charge of how it ends. And more often then not it ends in the most frustrating way. I find this book funny and I love the way you are the main character and you are submerged in the story.
Jessica
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the idea of a choose your own adventure e-book. It utilizes the opportunities of the format beautifully. I can't decide what I think of what Reed has done with it, though. I'm not sure whether it suggests that whether a relationship succeeds is almost a matter of chance or whether it makes me feel as though any decision that a woman makes is probably the wrong one in dating. So far I haven't found the so-called happy ending that, as I understand it, is possible. And, of course, there are ...more
OhWell
Jun 26, 2018 marked it as skimmed-or-dnf  ·  review of another edition
Not really a book but an experiment. It's an interesting one, I just didn't have the patience to go through more than a few scenarios.
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
I think it is fair to say that I found my way to most of the 58 unhappy endings - I lucked my way into the only two happy endings fairly early on, within two or three days of reading. This was a fun, light-hearted read - as much as it can be for a book that is mostly about breaking up!

Full review to come!

++++++++

www.facebook.com/AllTheBookBlogNamesA...

www.twitter.com/SarahsBookNook

Rating: 4 Stars

Full Disclosure: The author, Tara Reed, and I became friends
Cielito
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Silly and fun I mean, when was the last time you chose your own adventure?
Natalie Rowe
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic!
It was so frustrating but so addictive.

It's a story where you make the choices for the main character, Elle, as she goes down the dating path with handsome Nick.

If this book is a game, then I managed to lose within the space of about half an hour. I gave up after breaking up with Nick for the 12th time. I tried again the next morning and then figured out that it wasn't me that was the issue...it was obviously Nick. He is a bit of a prat if I'm being honest...
I'm very lik
Sheri
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much! The choose your own adventure for adults, something I always loved as a child. What a unique and exciting idea to continue this for adults, in particular as a woman who is doing the choosing! All of the situations are very real and incredibly relatable, which makes it easy, and super fun, to imagine yourself in the actual scene and what you might or might not do! Filled with edgie humour, witty comebacks that I log away for real life use, and with so many surprise ...more
kristin
Aug 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
the most sexist book I have ever had the misfortune of reading. okay, maybe not the most sexist but definitely a wolf in sheeps clothing.

choose your own adventure books are obviously not for me. the obsessing over the guy, the "don't call him too soon after meeting him or ITS OVER" "don't put out to early or ITS OVER" "oh but wait if you lie about how you feel to appease him, you'll then have to fake that you're making a big life decision to trick him into proposing!"

no. I thought this would b
Melissa
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
It's the grown-up choose your own adventure, though your adventure is in meeting and dating one particular guy. I didn't particularly care for the characters or the story, but I did find it a bit addicting to try to get to that happily-ever-after. Once I reached that (with a few unhappy endings along the way) I had no interest in reading more. The book had some language and crassness I didn't like as well. Fun idea, though a bit hard to navigate backwards (if you just wanted to change a couple d ...more
Amanda
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
I guess it was ok, but I never really got to know the characters. Or, more importantly, care about them. I read through a dozen endings and finally realized that I wasn't getting to knew the characters any better and didn't actually care if they ever ended up together (none of my dozen endings found them staying together). Maybe I just chose poorly, but I found that each "re-telling" was just more of the same. I will say that the concept is really original and interesting. I just wish I had the ...more
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Some of the decisions and choices pissed me off, but if you're going to write a choose-your-own adventure about dating and you want to cover every possibility, not every decision is going to be great. Also, it felt like every fight ended in a break up.
I wish there were more technological advances in the format so you could jump back to the last decision point. I'd also like a way to mark off that you selected a decision point.
Overall, I appreciated the exploration of the many turns relationship
Julie Cameron
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great idea! This book is like a video game -- if you make a wrong move, you end up back at the beginning and have to do it all over again (it took me 2 times to get bounced back to the beginning to decide it was best to map my progress). I discovered 2 possible endings, and wasn't sure if there were more, and wasn't sure if I had completely reached the ending (each one took me back to the beginning again), and that was a bit frustrating, but otherwise it was a fun read and a fun journey!
Kim D
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it
This was an interesting concept but it felt off to me. I didn’t love the idea of picking a path and it isn’t easy to navigate this on the kindle. It was funny and every entertaining and in some scenarios, very sad and frustrating. I kept trying to force the happy ending I wanted, but it wasn’t meant to be. If you are looking for an interactive book, then maybe give this one a try.
Wendy
Jul 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
I was very interested in seeing what an interactive book could be. It sounded great.
Too bad sounded is where this style lost me. Actually reading it didn't work for me at all.

My review is not meant to say that the writing is bad or that the story lines are bad but I just couldn't enjoy it. :sad face: I was really hoping this would be something very fun and entertaining.
Dedra
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you loved Choose Your Adventure books as a kid, then you'll love this Rom-Com for adults! There are so many options and versions of the story, it's fun to follow the rabbit trails and see where you end up. Well-developed characters with great back-stories, as well. I hope this is the beginning of a new trend!
Jess (Shepherdjel)
Aug 21, 2016 rated it liked it
This reminded me of a musical I just saw called If/Then.This was quite interesting. I honestly haven't read anything like this and it was fun with all the options/ consequences of your actions/ decisions.
Madelyn
I loved it! There are 61 endings: 57 unhappy, 2 happy, and 2 amicable splits. Have fun!

I disagree with some of the choices immediately ending the relationship. Like, that shouldn't be an automatic shutdown.
Holly
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fun interactive book! You pick what happens next! Most scenarios end unhappily but I did inadvertently find the happy ending :-) A lot of fun!
Mehreen
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was such a cool book because you choose the story and I just really recommend it! It was so different! I didn't think I would get hooked but I did and I loved it
Heather
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
a fun choose your own adventure rom com story
Ali
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Entertaining...and slightly frustrating
Laurène Poret
Nov 16, 2016 rated it liked it
[3.5] It really was fun. I enjoyed 3/4 of the book, really wanting to get to the endings, until I started arriving at more and more ends I'd already read, which got boring fast.
I like the concept and admire the work put into the book!
Even though the author said you shouldn't think less of Nick for how he acts sometimes, you have to admit that a lot of the breakups are due to him being a dick.
I was kind of put off by the fact that happy endings are synonymous with marriage and that all that she w
LyndaIn Oregon
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Let's say I'm as finished with this book as I'm ever going to get.

It seems to have been written in answer to a question I seriously doubt anyone except the author ever asked -- what would happen if you mixed a chick-lit romance with a choose-your-own adventure book, allowing the reader to make blind choices about what the heroine should be doing?

After one or two passes, the novelty wears off and you're left with a story about a bunch of characters you really don't care about making frivolous dec
Becky Monson
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had so much fun with this book and have been telling everyone about it! I loved doing the choose your own adventure as an adult and with adult themes. Once I found the story path - my story - that I was happy with, I then went back and read all of the other options. There are just so many twists and turns that you can keep reading and reading! Seriously addicting!

I have no idea how Ms. Reed was able to write a book like this, I can't even begin to understand the kind of imagination and writing
Sonia
Jul 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
I guess I shouldn't have read this considering I didn't like "Choose Your Own Adventure" books when I was younger, but I thought I would give it a try. I admit I love happy endings so I didn't like that there were so many unhappy endings, but I was forewarned. However, I really didn't like the language and crassness from the book, either, hence the one star rather than two stars.
Shannon Chapel
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Kinda of fun at first, but I got bored rather quickly. I guess I prefer to do things the old-fashioned way, like reading a story from beginning to end. This format isn't for me. I stopped reading at 10% complete.
Kristi
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
I love the idea of choose your own adventure. Unfortunately it fell a bit flat with this one for me. I may go back to it again at some point.
Mandy
rated it it was ok
Aug 01, 2016
Jessica Macaulay
Oct 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Child of the King (Woman of Sin #3)
  • The Time Traveler's Boyfriend
  • The Dream Catcher
  • Stars Across Time
  • What I Want
  • Shattered Past (Dragon Blood, #7.5)
  • Where The Wild Cherries Grow
  • Fifteen Minutes to Live
  • Paper Phoenix
  • Do or Di
  • Forever Christmas
  • Riverdale #1
  • Ravens and Writing Desks
  • Taken By Moonlight
  • Emma, Mr. Knightley, and Chili-Slaw Dogs (Jane Austen Takes the South, #2)
  • Bear Watching
  • Prince of Pleasure: George IV and the Making of the Regency
  • Learn German With Stories: Ahoi aus Hamburg - 10 Short Stories For Beginners (Dino lernt Deutsch 5)
Tara K. Reed is the accidental writer from Toronto, Canada, not that chick from Sharknado. When her career in public relations was forced into hiatus by a jerky plot twist, she wrote her first interactive novel. She's currently developing an alternative history series, featuring England's most notorious monarchs.

She was voted Most Sarcastic Female at her high school prom, which she went to alone.