Start by marking “Professional Distance (Thorne and Dash #1)” as Want to Read:
Professional Distance (Thorne and Dash #1)

Professional Distance

(Thorne and Dash #1)

Thornwell Shipton is wealthy, uptight, closeted, and an incurable workaholic. A tragic love affair left him terrified of relationships, so he tells himself sex is better scheduled and paid for.

Riley Dashwood is young, easy-going, and comfortable in his own skin. He’s a passionate baker and an aspiring chef, working as an escort to save up for culinary school.

They’re clearl
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 289 pages
Published November 28th 2015 by Silvia Violet Books

Start your review of Professional Distance (Thorne and Dash #1)
Shin Mon Thway
I saw a lot of people complaining this book has too much sex. 😏 Well, hello! This is a book about a rent boy and a wealthy businessman falling in love while meeting for their *ahem ahem* weekly appointments so what do you expect? 😂 They literally meet to have sex every week so of course, this book is going to be full of sex. 😁 And can I say how much I loved them? Silvia Violet is officially the queen of dirty talk! 👏 Hot! 🔥 Damn! 🔥 Sizzling! 🔥 Countless eargasms while listening to this deliciou ...more
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
PWP for the win!

I always enjoy a good rent boy read, what can I say?

This one was fairly predictable and I can't say I loooooooved the conflict, but it also didn't really bother me. I man hello, PWP.

A satisfying HFN ending. I may go back and read book 2 at some point when I'm in the mood for some smut. However, I noticed at the end of this one there would be a book 2 and 3 and that just screams unnecessary drama to me so we'll have to see.

But as far as this one goes. definitely recommend.
Ele
Nov 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay-book-reviews

This was a nice story overall, it just didn't manage to grab me. The trope is common, "closeted businessman ends up falling for his rent boy".

Thorn Shipton is one of these guys that live to work. He 's filthy rich, doesn't do relationships and ...he's an asshole. His only outlet is Friday nights, thanks to his favorite rent boy. When said rent boy quits, Dash, the new guy, takes his place.

At first I thought that Thorn would be annoying at best and bring the story crashing down at worse, but I ac
* A Reader Obsessed *

Suffice it to say, this book doesn’t waste any time. At all. *ahem*

Classic, age old story of guy falling for his rent boy and rent boy falling for his client, while neither thinks the other would ever want more.

Thorne won’t readily admit it but he just really wants to let go of himself for a few short hours and be dominated. He never intended to fall for the guy he hired to help him unwind. However Dash takes control like no one ever has, and his disarming charm is too hard to resist. In turn, D
Jan
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, rent-boys
****3.75****

I kind of started this story on the wrong foot. I was annoyed by Dash’s presumption that he knew what was best for Thorne already on their first *ahem* date.
It was pretentious and not acceptable his audacity of speaking up his mind at Thorne’s life style when he was being paid for only one thing. Let's be real, that wouldn't happen in RL.
However, as their Fridays meetings came along, my niggle with Dash quickly disappeared.

Dash was charming, confident and sweet. I fell for his sweet
Ula'ndi Hart
SECOND READ - 20 FEB 2017
Overall book review: 4.5
Audio book: N/A
Book cover: 4.25

I'll maybe not give it a full 5 stars this time around, but I still love it. I still love Thorn and Dash and I have to say this time around I did the audio and it wasn't half that bad. ;-)
Love their story. On to the next one.

FIRST REVIEW 25 APRIL 2016
Overall book review: 5
Audio book: N/A
Book cover: 4.25

I admit it openly. For some unexplainable reason I have a soft spot for this genre. Again, like anything I read, IF
Susan
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Excellent story about a 22 year old rentboy and a 42 year old millionaire (I’m totally guessing Thorne is a millionaire because he kept throwing money around like it was water).
description

Thorne is a true workaholic. He even works weekends and has no life besides his work. That’s why he hires an escort every Friday night to come and give him a good time. But when the agency tells him his regular guy is no longer available, Thorne is not happy. He doesn’t want anyone different. But when he opens the door an
Viv
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
*RE-READ OCT 2016-AUDIOBOOK VERSION*
This was an awesome audiobook! Greg Boudreaux ( aka Greg Tremblay) was perfect as Dash and Thorne. The sex in this one was sizzling. It was also so sweet and I was in tears near the end. I highly recommend this one if you are in the mood for some steamy, sexy audio goodness!
*******
ORIGINAL REVIEW NOV 2015
I loved this book! So hot and sweet. I can't wait for books 2 and 3 next year.
Ami
4.5

My favorite things done to perfection in this book:
*beautiful boys (18-25ish smaller, stunning, youthful/innocent boys) Dash is so god damn loavable and commanding at the same time. Are you kidding me?? Yes please.
*Alpha male bottoms (verse in this book, but still) - I just... I can't.... it's so good.

It didn't hit all the way home because of the constant "I want him but I can have him. Woe is me." On both sides. Thankfully (for me, this is personal preference for sure) any and all drama w
Eugenia
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
So Sexy!

4.2 Stars....this book was fantastic! The sex was smoking hot. The characters were intriguing. There wasn’t much of a plot other than an escort and client falling for each other, but the chemistry between the two made me forget about the need for pesky plots.

Seriously fun and hot to read....I can’t believe it took me this long to start in on this series!
Alona
Nov 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: hot-hot-hot, m-m, age-gap
It was basically an m/m Pretty Woman, with a great start, lovely ending but somewhat long and repeatetive middle.
Oh, and a lot of sex with a not-too-hardcore BDSM.

It had MCs with 20 years age gap, which is a bonus in my case! I love BIG FAT age gaps!
haletostilinski

I really enjoyed this book. Thorne and Dash just drew me in from the start, at first because they were so fucking hot together (seriously, the sex in this book is A++, sooo steamy and hot) but then because of how cute they were together romantically. These two are twenty years apart, but that didn't matter, because they just fit together, and they bring out the best in each other. I just love how they were able to make each other laugh, and how they could talk about things for hours, ev
Trio
I can't remember the last time I gave a book that had this much sex 5 stars but this one totally earned it. The author incorporates the sexual relationship between the MCs into the story so well, and it is pivotal to the plot... just incredibly well done. These are two beautifully written characters with an unusual relationship which works perfectly. Can't wait to start the second one.

Greg Boudreaux (Tremblay) narrates it and he does a jaw-droppingly gorgeous job with it!
Ariana
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Okay, the plot is rather predictable, but that doesn't mean that Professional Distance isn't enjoyable. In fact I had great fun reading it.
Thorne and Riley/Dash are likeable characters, and I cared what happened to them on their journey of finding each other. And they are both hot, in bed and out. The drama towards the end was short-lived - I could have done with a little bit more suffering for both of them, but that's me - I kind of like a good dose of angst and tension.
I particularly enjoyed a
Jaime
4.5 Stars ~ Rounded up to 5 for this Rent Boy Love Story

“I’m going to wreck your world, then put it back together. You’re never going to forget this night.”

Sylvia Violet has written a hot as hell first book in her "Thorne & Dash Series" where Thorne a posh businessman who finds his satisfaction in a weekly date with a rent boy meets Dash who may be the last rent boy Thorne uses. When I say this book is hot..I mean this book is scorchin' hot! The chemistry between these two is off the charts, an
Dee {MxM Only}
Apr 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: age-gap, instant-love
I was so looking forward to read this one cause the plurb was promising but then I started it and I don't know if the timing was wrong or is it just the plot, but there was something messing for me.
The Sex was good though and a lot of dirty talking ;)
CrabbyPatty
Finished this book the other day, and had a massive fan girl moment - basically squealing in delight whilst fanning myself on account of the heat pouring, heck, pulsing and down right throbbing off this book.

At this point, I'm not sure if the book was as bloody wonderful as I think, but it hit (and hit and hit) every last happy button I got. Older / younger - check. Rich, unhappy workaholic finds love - oh, yeah. Rent boy finds love - yup. Dirty talk - sing it, boys! The slightest dash of misund
Paul
DNF! Got to about 30% in...

What is this drivel? The bastard love child of 'Pretty Woman' and '50 Shades of Grey' but with a ‘gay’ twist. If this sounds like the sort of book which you feel would be a good read; please seek professional help immediately.

Once again please remember, I've read this so you don't have too!
Lisazj1
Thank you so much to Little Bit Wacke Elf for the sweet and generous gift! I'll be reading it soon, can't wait! 😘💖 ...more
Katerina
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it

I have read this book with great joy. A rentboy, a CEO, lots of sweet things, roll playing and very good sex.
These two guys you just have to love.

And .... it's time that it gets warm again ... the trip with the small sailing boat awakens so many beautiful memories ... and always be careful with the head :)

“End his dry spell before Susan or I kill him. He deserves a Merry Christmas.”

Tammy
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately I was one of the few that didn't give this book/series a raving review. What I didn't like about it was it didn't keep my full attention, it just seemed like the same thing chapter per chapter. The most exciting thing besides the steamy sex scenes was the incident at the art museum were Thorne stood up for Dash/Riley. Both Thorne and Riley were so wishy-washy regarding their true feelings towards each other and no one wanted to man up and admit them. I did feel for Thorne because h ...more
~Kristin~
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
This book has a high steam factor, but I can't say I loved the conflict, I did enjoy the resolution. I felt like both MCs held blame for what happened, neither was upfront about their feelings and what they wanted, yet Thorne was the only one who took ownership of that. Anywho, overall it was an enjoyable read. I quite liked the age gap, which isn't always the case, but it was done really well here. I absolutely loved how Thorne looked at Dash and how he rationalized him being a rent bo
MishyJo
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I liked it a lot but it was missing just a little bit of something. I wanted to fall in love with the MCs so bad but I never quite got there. Also the dynamic between them didn’t quite gel for me.
Santy
This was erotica with some relationship building thrown in.

The writing was okay and the characters built quite well. The growth in the relationship didn't seem real to me and could've been executed better but all in all, this was a decent book.
Love Bytes Reviews
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Heart Review by Vicki

Wow! I loved this book…. In some ways it was so predictable, Wealthy older man, younger rent boy, starting off with a professional relationship, but falling in love. We’ve read it before, seen it in movies, and we all know how it ends. But the characters were so damn good! That’s what makes this book fantastic. It’s not all about the story. It’s a simple plot, but with really good characters and some very hot sex, and enough drama to keep it interesting.

Thorne is the old
Veronica of V's Reads
This review was originally written for Joyfully Jay Reviews and can be accessed here: http://joyfullyjay.com/2015/12/review...

4.25 Stars.
Thornwell “Thorne” Shipton is a workaholic business consultant millionaire who is also a closeted gay man. His only relationship was with his closeted married boss, who died suddenly more than ten years ago. Since then, Thorne has either suppressed his sexuality or hired rent boys to serve his needs and promptly leave. He’s unhappy that his recent favorite, Ma
.Lili.

Kara
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
This book was so good!

With this book you get Thornwell "Thorne" who is a workaholic who must always be in control unless it is in the bedroom which is why he pays for a escort to come rake care of his needs. Well the one he usually pays for has retired so he gets someone new.

Dash "Riley" is a aspiring baker who is only being a escort to pay for his schooling. Well he is also very good at what he does and instantly attracts Thorns attention which slowly starts to move to caring and love.

There
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• An Unlocked Heart (Collars and Cuffs, #1)
  • Down Low (Down Home #1)
  • Nowhere Ranch
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Reading the Signs
  • Finding Finley
  • Angels in the City
  • How to Bang a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #1)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Pretty Boy (Perfect Boys #1)
  • Topping the Jock (Blue Harbor #1)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book One (Spencer Cohen, #1)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Boy Issues (Command & Care #1)
  • Forsaken (Breaking the Rules, #3)
  • Valor on the Move (Valor, #1)
  • In Case of Emergency
  • The Lion and the Crow
Silvia Violet writes fun, sexy stories that will leave you smiling and satisfied. She has a thing for characters who are in need of comfort and enjoys helping them surrender to love even when they doubt it exists. Silvia's stories include sizzling contemporaries, paranormals, and historicals. When she needs a break from listening to the voices in her head, she spends time baking, taking long walks ...more

Thorne and Dash (4 books)
  • Personal Entanglement (Thorne and Dash, #2)
  • Perfect Alignment (Thorne and Dash, #3)
  • Well-Tailored (Thorne and Dash)

News & Interviews

“turned and cupped Dash’s face. He almost never kissed men, especially ones he’d hired, but this time he wanted to. “Do you kiss?” Dash smiled. “I love to, but I’d figured you for the type who didn’t.” “I don’t,” Thorne said and kissed him.” 2 likes
“Food is just another form of pleasure. It’s a sensual experience just like sex.” 1 likes