Start by marking “Indirect Lines (Halle Shifters, #5)” as Want to Read:
Indirect Lines (Halle Shifters, #5)

Indirect Lines

(Halle Shifters #5)

There’s only one way to win this game: break the rules.

Halle Shifters, Book 5

James “Barney” Barnwell is losing his ever-loving mind. Between the threat to the white shifters and a riddle he’s been ordered to solve, he can actually go for ten whole minutes without thinking about Heather, the woman destined to be his mate.

As much as he burns to get the redhead under him, th
Published December 1st 2015 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Indirect Lines, please sign up.
❤ AudiobookRomance ❤ On her website under works in progress there is a listing for Sedona Shifters Book 1 Kith and Kin (Kincade and Kathy). Its listed with this progress:…moreOn her website under works in progress there is a listing for Sedona Shifters Book 1 Kith and Kin (Kincade and Kathy). Its listed with this progress: (A gleam in my eye...) 0/80000 (0%). So it is planned just not started yet. I was hoping he was going to get with Heather's sister as it was alluded to in the this book, but alas, it apparently isn't meant to be.

I still want to see the Leo and Apollonia match!

(less)
Sue Riley Hope in Darkness is the next book listed as a work in progress on Dana Marie Bell's website

Hamasat
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
That was fucking amazing. I've been waiting for this book since.. forever it seems and the wait was worth it. The book was out of this world. I laughed so hard and got answers i was waiting for. But that final chapter was... I cant find enough word to describe it... it was mind blowing. Cant wait for Artemis, Leo, Kincade and Tiffany's books. Dont have to be in that order though ;)
I really recommend this series for everyone:) Thank you Dana Marie Bell for this xoxox.
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Admittedly, I should start out this review by saying there are two series at work here within the same town of Halle and I’ve only read this one, Halle Shifters. However, the direction of this series was wrote long ago with the Halle Puma series and I did not read those first five books. Bell does a good job recapping that series within this newer series but if you put both together there are now ten books total. I also did not write reviews for the previous books because they were read, not for ...more
Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

YES!!! This is the book I’ve been waiting for. We’re finally getting somewhere with the story arc involving the half-breeds that started in BEAR NECESSITIES and I couldn’t be happier. Since the first book, I feel like we’ve been moving so slowly, only being fed the tiniest bits of information and going nowhere fast. In INDIRECT LINES, we’ve taken a huge leap forward. We now know why the half-breeds are being exterminated and how far the conspiracy goe
Jill
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shifters, arc
Indirect Lines has been my least favourite of the series so far.
I found the characters didn't inspire me to read further and the storyline dragged.
Has maybe this series gone on longer than it needed?

I remember when I first started the Halle Shifter series, that it was a sexy, funny and intriguing series. I liked the kooky characters.

The kooky characters are still there but magic combo doesn't seem to be working for me anymore.
The BookChick
As always, Dana Marie Bell delivers a sexy, funny, and suspenseful romance (as is the case in the Halle Shifters series). Indirect Lines is Barney and Heather's journey to love. Truly an unlikely couple but they were so perfect for one another. The mystery behind the white shifters was definitely ramped up in this one and leaves the reader eagerly awaiting for the next piece of the puzzle. Another enjoyable and amazing installment in the series!
Nicole
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
So good, this series continues to get better and better with each new book. By the end of it, I was biting my nails in anticipation for the next! It can't come soon enough!

Full review to come at www.thebookpushers.com
Michelle Woods
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Spoilers
Okay so Dana books are always a good read and I love her shifters series... I first discovered it a few years ago before self pubing was huge and read The Wallflower...After that I was hooked.

Since that book I have read all the shifter books she has and some of the Grey court books too. They're all great solid 4-5 star reads if you're looking for a new author to check out this is a good one...( My fav's are Wallflowers and Bear necessities...)

Any who back to the book, this book tells th
Darcy
Nov 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, e-book, shifters, pnr
This was an interesting book, mostly because the main romance between Barney and Heather took a backseat. It was nice that they were aware that they were mates, that when Heather questioned Barney he gave her a good reason why he was waiting to mate her, then Heather chimed in with an acceptable compromise.

What really made this one interesting was the continued story line with the White Shifters. We learned so much about them, how they come to be, why they are so important and most importantly..
Misty
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Heather and Barney are fun characters. She is a tattoo apprentice and he is a Hunter. I love how all the characters from Halle Pumas and the Halle Shifters are in these books. For the last few books a prophecy has been confusing to all the shifters, "Three becomes one, one becomes three. Bear knows the way, but Fox holds the key." We got to finally figure out what this means. I think it was beginning to bug me as much as it was them because it was repeated so often. Heather with the help of the ...more
Shelley
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ceola
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I was hoping some questions were answered and an ending was insight. Well questions were answered more asked and another book is in the wind. This is the 5th book. You really have to go back and read the first 4 to comprehend some of the things going on. heather was attacked when she was 10. This we learned in bear necessities. The first book. We see her again in the 4th book. The 5th book is about her and Barney whom we also meet in the 1st book. As you recall Chloe is viciously attacked in the ...more
Ruth
This one squicked me out a bit, because of the age difference. He's 27, she's 19. That breaks half plus seven. It doesn't help that he's written much older than 27. If he trained Gabe, shouldn't he be older than that? He just seems to have accomplished a lot for as young as he is. I had to keep reminding myself he was just 27. The first time he got mentioned in the series, I pictured him in his forties or fifties.

Bear x fox.
Lynn Thinking out loud
I love this author and this series. Heather is a fox shifter and is funny. I mean laugh out loud, family looking at you like you've lost your mind laugh out loud funny. She's trying to get her mate Barney who happens to be a bear shifter and a rouge shifter hunter.
Please read this series. There is a lot of suspense and mystery surrounding the whole thing.
Francais Parker
Guy-Hero: A
Love-Interests: A+
Suspense: A-
Feels: A+

For you clean-readers: this book DOES have mature content. You'll need to do some self-editing or scene-skipping to read this one.
Rachel Remer
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
They actually talked to each other about their situation early in the book and that makes my heart do happy. Nothing ruins a romance for me quicker than non communication as a plot device. Glad we've also worked out some of the riddle finally and know what's going on in the shifter universe.
Tracy Flick
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful story from Dana Marie Bell. Heather and her mate Barney are wonderful together. It took sometime for Barney to mate Heather but once Heather gets hurt Barney's protective side comes out. I loved them together. Can't wait for the next book in this series.
Anne
Excellent story. Disappointed that the next one, "Hope in Darkness" seems to be in limbo. Really need that one to finish up the series!
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
thought this series was complete, only to find out there's at least one more book to the series. UGH! I need it NOW!
Angela Goodrich
I started this series at book 4, Figure of Speech, and I read it as a standalone. I had no problem following along with what was going on despite skipping the previous three books. Bell did a nice job of giving the reader the pertinent info throughout the novel so that a new reader to the series wouldn’t feel lost. You may be wondering why am I starting my review of Indirect Lines with this info. The reason is simple, by no means should you read this installment without having read the previous ...more
Raidare
Oct 08, 2016 marked it as to-read
g
Tamara
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was really looking forward to this book, but I felt it focused more on the suspense and less on the romance. It was a good mystery story, but I would have liked more romance.
May 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
What Is It About:
Barney is a Hunter trainer who was brought to Halle and he stayed for his mate. He doesn't want to claim her to keep her safe but he can no longer resist the pull that he has to her. Heather is a fox who is continually scared in violent situations after a traumatising event when she was ten. After finally becoming mates with Barney, Chloe is attacked and Heather is shot in the arm. As the riddle starts to become more clear and answers finally come, it leads to a bigger situation
Jen
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Spoiler-free

First, I will say that while I truly did enjoy this book, I don't consider it to be as strong a book as others she has written, or even in this series. I think her strongest book in this series (thus far) was Bear Necessities. In many ways this is a five star book...if it was written by another author. Because I'm very familiar with Dana's work and I know she is capable of better, I hold her to a higher standard. So I'll call this actually a 4.5 star book.

All that being said, I actua
Eva Millien
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
James “Barney” Barnwell knows Heather is his destined mate but the safest place for her is away from him until he can solve the riddle he’s been ordered to solve in this thrilling paranormal romance.

Heather figures the quicker the riddle is solved, the quicker he’ll bite her and the reader can’t help but get drawn into all the suspense as Heather ends up right where Barney never wanted her. The attraction between Barney and Heather sure isn’t the problem because he is the one man she just might
Judy
I really like snarky, smart-assed heroines, especially when they are giving that attitude to an alpha male. I dig on good dialogue, witty repartee and snazzy one liners. And so far, this series has not disappointed in that regard.

I started this series when I saw a book about a bear named Bunny (Bear Necessities). I totally have this thing for bear shifters. They are my favorites, by far, so I had to give it a go. And... I had a good time with it. So much so, that I also checked out the the autho
Carrie
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2016
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have read some books from this world, but none from this particular series. With that being said, there was a little learning curve here, but nothing that make this unable to be read as a standalone novel.

Barney (ugh, the name kills me) is a Hunter who is determined not to follow-through with his mate. He goes through all the typical denial rationalizations - "it's too dangerous," "she's too young," "I don't want to be tied down."
Frances
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Even though I have mixed feelings about this book. They are personal and preferential thus do not reflect on the book itself. That is why I still gave it 5 stars.

Dunno, Heather's and Barney's relationship felt kind of shallow and rushed. There was too much going on around them for the writer to be able to deepen their connection like in the other books of the series. I think the issue is that unlike the other series by this author this one has an ongoing plot that needs to be resolved with each
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads Netgalley ARC Review:

What a terrific, full of adventure, mystery, sass, and hot chemistry paranormal romance! Barney and Heather sure have some serious crackling energy together. I loved Heather! She is stubborn, full of spunk and sass, and just has no problem sticking up for what she believes in. Barney is one stubborn, sexy, maybe a bit of a grump, Bear shifter who knows Heather is his mate, but he tries his best to keep her at arms length to protect her from a crazy rid
Kathryn
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
This book isn't a standalone, and I wish someone had told me that before I read it.

I'm sure the whole, complex, multi-novel storyline is as interesting as this one installment made it sound, but I was here for the smut, and I can't exactly say Bell delivered.

The smut was well-written, but didn't start until past the half-way point, and there wasn't enough of it. With the first half of the story following the main characters but ignoring the relationship and any possible UST, I feel like an oppor
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
FINALLY!
**WARNING SOME SPOILERS IN REVIEW**
I decided to stick it out and continue with this series even though it was moving at a snails pace and I am so glad I did!
In all the previous books we have been given the mystery of "Two becomes one, one becomes three. Bear knows the way, but Fox holds the key." We're getting to finally find out more on this and who each part of the mystery is about.
James aka Barney has always said a shifter who is a hunter shouldn't have a mate until after retiring. B
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dragon Mates (Dragon Knights, #11; The Sea Captain's Daughter, #3)
  • Sanctuary's Price (Red Rock Pass, #3)
  • Recipe for Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #11)
  • Foxy Lady (Cougar Falls, #3)
  • The Shifter (Shifting Plains #2)
  • The Prince With No Heart
  • Eventide of the Bear (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #3)
  • Pride Bundle #2 (Pride, #1-2 & 6-7)
  • Haunted Blade (Colbana Files #6)
  • Wolf's Capture (Kodiak Point, #4)
  • Steal the Sun (Thieves, #4)
  • Fated Surrender (Kindred of Arkadia, #6)
  • Tooth and Claw
  • Dragon on Top (Dragon Kin, #0.4)
Dana Marie Bell wrote her first short story when she was thirteen years old. She attended the High School for Creative and Performing Arts for creative writing, where freedom of expression was the order of the day. When her parents moved out of the city and placed her in a Catholic high school for her senior year she tried desperately to get away, but the nuns held fast, and she graduated with hon ...more

Halle Shifters (5 books)
  • Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters, #1)
  • Cynful (Halle Shifters, #2)
  • Bear Naked (Halle Shifters, #3)
  • Figure of Speech (Halle Shifters, #4)
“You’re cute. Like a Pomeranian, only louder.” That” 0 likes