Start by marking “The Planet Whisperer” as Want to Read:
The Planet Whisperer

The Planet Whisperer

Jonah Starovski, a Planet Whisperer, harnesses the energy surrounding dead planets and redirects it into new growth. Abandoned by the man who bought him from a brothel sixteen years ago, Jonah flounders in a world he’s ill equipped to deal with. He must accept the help of a stranger in order to rebuild his life.

First Lieutenant Marcus Davis volunteers as Jonah’s assistant
Published December 4th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Planet Whisperer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Planet Whisperer

SheReadsALot
Fuck me...terraforming AND a man rescued from a brothel?
Count me in.
Lisa The Novel Approach
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
When it comes to science fiction, terraforming is one of the most interesting topics to me. I love the idea that people can completely change a planet and turn it into some hospitable place where humans can thrive. The first novel I read with this as a topic was Farmer in the Sky by Robert Heinlein. While Planet Whisperer involves terraforming, it does so differently. Instead of technology and scientists, one man, Jonah, has the ability to harness the energy in a planet to speed up the process a ...more
Sarina
3.5* Review written for Love Bytes Reviews

Jonah Starovski has had a tough life; sold to a brothel when he was a child he’s since made a name for himself as The Planet Whisperer, a man who can terraform a new planet in a matter of weeks with the power he possesses. Tired of never having anything for himself, however, he makes plans to find a place he can call his own when he finds himself betrayed and left to survive by himself for the first time in over two decades. Marcus Davis just wants to do
Christy
It feels like a very, very long time since I read a science fiction novel. Which is odd since I've loved this genre ever since I discovered the 'Dragonriders of Pern' series when I was a young girl. When I read the description for 'The Planet Whisperer' I was intrigued, as I've always considered terraforming to be a fascinating concept. I was looking forward to the world building this author was going to bring my way.

For fifteen years Jonah and his manager, Wes, have been accepting contracts and
Carly
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This simply did not work for me. The characters were interesting initially but weren't developed over the course of the story. Jonah and Marcus suffered from a critical failure to communicate. Every time they seemed to finally make a breakthrough, the crazy cycle of misunderstandings would reset and repeat. Jonah is a treasure. I wanted to wrap him up and love on him so badly. His childhood was a nightmare but it didn't break him. Jonah's innocence, wonder and tender heart are irresistible. Upon ...more
Rachael Orman
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Oh what a lovely story! The world that the author built was so fun... and I can see actually happening a long time in the future as civilization expands and we need more planets to live on. Having someone that is capable to take planets that are unlivable and making them become habitable by humans.

The romance of this story was very filled with angst as both men fought with their past and what they've been taught is right or wrong. One man is dealing with never having been wanted or respe
Amber
This one is a hard one to rate for me because I couldn't put it down. There were a lot of things I liked about it but it has some serious problems for me to. The biggest on is the ridiculous cycle that Jonah and Marcus of misunderstanding. They make progress in their relationship then have some stupid misunderstanding and start over again. It's ok a couple of time but it happens over and over and OVER again that it starts to really irritate me.

The other thing that bothers me is there is no expl
Kara
Dec 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Jonah is a planet whisper and can make planets grow after they have died. Marcus volunteers to help Jonah without fully realizing what that really entails.

Now I did like the world this author created in this book but I have to be honest and say some of this was really confusing. I don't think I really got why these planets were dying or how Jonah really got his powers. I also was really not a huge fan of Marcus because he really came off as a jerk to me with the on and off way he treated Jonah.
Secretly Reading
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This erotic romance is rough, I give it that. The men have communication issues and past trauma/guilt to deal with. Do I wish they'd talked more and sexed less? Yeah, but it was such a powerful romance with a believable ending that I feel for the book.

I do admit the villains were cartoon evil and serve only to keep the leads together but struggling. Still, I'll be on the look out for other books by this author with a unique way of telling an erotic romance.
Alison
I rather liked this story. It was well-built, and the characters complicated. I don't want to say too much in case I ruin the story, but I can say that I want to know what happens next. More please, EE Montgomery?
Marsha Spence
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
This was FANTASTIC! I kept on the edge constantly. Very exciting, great story, intriguing characters. Hope there will be sequel!!
Tinnean
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Katherine
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've got to say, I'm rather surprised that this book has such a low rating because once I started I simply could not stop. I devoured this book in a day and loved every step of the emotional roller coaster that it was.

There is an element of non-consensual sex in this book, but it is quickly blurred into who is forcing who and how. Jonah terraforms planets through what can really only be described as magic, but to do so he needs to achieve sexual release from another person. Marcus is a military
Joyfully Jay
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

2 stars

The Planet Whisperer offers readers something of a two-fold challenge. The first comes from a truly intriguing storyline that asks important questions about the nature of science and the problems of interfering with the natural course of evolution. The second challenge deals with an absurd plot contrivance and poorly constructed characters that nearly render the book unreadable. Let’s start with the good bits: Jonah has the power to terraform a planet in mere weeks,
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
It feels like the characters jumped personalities. There’s also all the miscommunication which once is understandable but in this book it just kept popping up. The concept for Planet Whisperer is really unique. FULL REVIEW: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Jennifer Lavoie
First book of the year! Reviewed for The Novel Approach. Review to come soon.
MouthLeaf
PaperMoon
Nov 16, 2015
Lestatt
Jan 14, 2016
E E Montgomery wants the world to be a better place, with equality and acceptance for all. Her philosophy is: We can’t change the world but we can change our small part of it and, in that way, influence the whole. Writing stories that show people finding their own ‘better place’ is part of E E Montgomery’s own small contribution.

Thankfully, there’s never a shortage of inspiration for stories that