Start by marking “Pilgrim of the Storm (Stormblade Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pilgrim of the Storm (Stormblade Saga, #1)

Pilgrim of the Storm

(Stormblade Saga #1)

"We are all brothers beneath the Undying Storm"

Or so Sidge has been taught. Born the sole bugman in an isolated human temple, his many lenses have left little unobserved. But things arent as they appear. Only when he embarks on his first pilgrimage does Sidge begin to understand the truth.

His first trip outside the Sheath, Sidge wrestles with otherworldly encounters, a
Published November 10th 2015 by Fictional Work

To ask other readers questions about Pilgrim of the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pilgrim of the Storm

Start your review of Pilgrim of the Storm (Stormblade Saga, #1)
Laura Maisano
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pilgrim of the Storm follows the story of Sidge, a bugman monk, on his, well, pilgrimage. If that sounds totally unlike anything you've ever read before, that's because it is. Pilgrim is the beginning of an epic fantasy that doesn't bow to the usual tropes of medieval settings, knights/warriors, battles over thrones, etc. No, this book strives to give you something totally new, and I think it's succeeded.

All Sidge wants is to be a Cloud Born (the next level of monk in his world), and to do that,
Christopher
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, gods, religion
Disclosure: I won this book through a Goodreads giveaway contest.

Good book. Bit slow at the beginning, but that seems typical of any novel introducing a reader to a new world. Certainly intrigued by the mystery of the other two races existing alongside humanity, and how they fit in with the accepted history and religious dogma.
Jackie Yinepuwaret
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful and refreshing read. I won through the SPFBO giveaway, but very much look forward to book two.
PAUL HUTMACHER
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this on a whim because I liked Russ Linton's Crimson Son and wanted to see if his other work was as entertaining. It is!

Sidge, like many other acolytes, is on a pilgrimage to become Cloud Born. However, we soon learn that he is not like the other acolytes and must constantly adapt and work to fit in. The fun part of this journey is slowly learning more about the characters as they are painted, page by page, building a mental image of their appearances and their behaviors, inferred rather
Dan Lunghofer
I wasn't 100% sure what to expect going in. I had forgotten the teaser for the book that made me get it in the first place - too many books, not enough time!

This is a fantasy novel, but unlike the near-vast-majority out there, it's very different. The main character isn't human, for one, or a dwarf, or elf...no, he's an insect. It took a little while to get used to that idea, but it was a welcome change from just about every other fantasy book out there.

The story deals with Sidge's journey to
Leona
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Pilgrim Of The Storm is a story of otherness, lost identity and a journey to find answers. It starts slow, but gets interesting as the world unfolds and character relationships develop. Pilgrim Of The Storm is a rather short book compared to the massive fantasy tomes I have been reading lately, it is just 200 pages but a nice read.

Sidge is the lone bugman, an insectoid humans look down on, adopted and raised by his human master at the Stormblade Temple. The whole story has a melancholy
Robert Childs
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I found the book quite well written. It was descriptive and clear with an easy flow. I liked the premise of the story and the culture therein was developed well. My only real gripe would be the pace of the story. I found it slow. As I said, the plot was interesting but things moved so slowly and in so many places that I sometimes found myself forcing the reading. As noted in my rating of the book, I liked it, I just wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends who are more action-oriented like ...more
Dave Wallace
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars, barely, for me. Interesting characters & world building and the writing was good. I liked the vocabulary. It was only the second time I have seen that greatest of words "Transmogrified" used in print from any other than the lips of the great scamp himself or Hobbes. All the dream and vision sequences were just too long, too strange and not my cup of grog.
Amy Shannon
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A real page-turner

A great premise of a story that makes way for an fun and entertaining read. Heroes amidst this fantasy, and it's a great follower of mythic and dragons. The author takes the reader on a grand and thrilling adventure, filled with unexpected turns around every page. It's fun, and the characters are enjoyable, filled with depth. I look forward to reading more of Linton's work.
Brynn
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once you fall in love with the main character this books is deep and makes you think about life and if we were able to love different species
Kenneth Smith
rated it did not like it
Jun 19, 2017
Naseer Alkhouri
May 06, 2017
Stephen
Apr 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
I really didn't like this book. I found it long winded in places and frankly boring. The characters I just couldn't get into them and did I say they were boring. Read at your own risk.
Jodie M. Burns
Christopher
Jan 20, 2016
Danny Mckenzie
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent opener for a new Fantasy series.
Russ Linton introduces a new rich world full of history and a diverse cast of beings that are both unique and interesting. It seems as if the main character learns about himself at the same time we do, which makes identifying with him so much better.
Rich and diverse are two words that spring to mind for this book and considering its free to everyone (I think?), people should definitely read it and be pleasantly surprised.
A truly rewarding
Linda Petersen
Nov 14, 2017

• Ashes and Entropy
  • The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 2
  • The Last Kingdom (The Saxon Stories, #1)
  • Choose Your Own Apocalypse With Kim Jong-un & Friends
  • The Complete Caballistics Inc.
  • First Stone
  • Fae: The Wild Hunt (Riven Wyrde Saga #1)
  • The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier
  • Harlem Smoke
  • The Collapsing Empire (The Interdependency, #1)
  • Aliens Ate My Homework (The Adventures of Ubergirl #2)
  • Blackbirds (Miriam Black, #1)
  • An Introduction to Paranormal Diplomacy (Vampire Innocent Book 9)
  • Born of Water (The Rise of the Fifth Order, #1)
  • Termination Shock (Interstellar Enforcement Agency, #1)
  • Luna: New Moon (Luna #1)
  • Nana Du Ký
  • Priestess (Blackstone Volume One)
Russ Linton has done a lot of stuff in his life. Philosopher, stay at home father, graphic designer, cryptocurrency miner, and yes, even government agent. But what he enjoys most is imagining fantastic places and exploring them through unique, and sometimes odd, perspectives. Most of all, he likes to invite others along for these journeys. Sign up for his Reader's Group here: ...more

Stormblade Saga (3 books)
  • Forge of the Jadugar (Stormblade Saga, #2)
  • Wake of Alshasra'a (Stormblade Saga, #3)