Start by marking “Vision #1” as Want to Read:
Vision #1

Vision #1 (Vision (2015) (Single Issues) #1)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  431 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
The Vision wants to be human, and what's more human than family? He goes to the laboratory where he was created, where Ultron molded him into a weapon, where he first rebelled against his given destiny, where he first imagined that he could be more, that he could be good, that he could be a man, a normal, ordinary man. And he builds them. A wife, Virginia. Two teenage twin ...more
Published 2015 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Vision #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vision #1

Dan Schwent
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've been interested in the Vision for a long time but have only read a handful of comics featuring him. I know he's an android created by Ultron and used to be married to the Scarlet Witch. Oh, and he was in the second Avengers movie.

Tom King's series has The Vision create a family for himself. His wife Virginia, and teen twins Vin and Viv live with The Vision in a Washington DC suburb and try to lead a normal life.

I didn't know what to think of this at first. Now I do. I fucking love it!

The Vi
Terence
May 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Vision made himself a family so he could be more human.
description
He has a wife and twin children. They moved into a Virginia suburb. Vision goes to work while his children go to high school. They're just an ordinary family of synthezoids.

To me this reads like a failed Terminator reboot. It's like an Arnold Schwarzenegger terminator went back in time, not to kill John Connor, but to determine if humanity is worth saving. He then creates a wife and children so they can help him evaluate. Based on the rating
Aldo Haegemans
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Weird in a interesting way
David Monroe
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic, new-weird
Okay, who knew I would like a stand-alone Vision series? Not me, he answered himself. The basic premise is: Vision creates a family for himself, and moves to a ranch style home in the suburbs. What can these Synthezoids learn from acting human? Should they act human? What does it mean to understand the way humans think and act? What is normal? These questions build our curiosity while also compounding a sense of dread. Then the penny drops and there's a twist. What a twist.

Vision #1 is a great
Nicolo Yu
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Vision makes a family.

Already, this comic is unlike most superhero comics. Vision, a career Avenger, settles down in the suburbs with a family he has created for himself. From the premise, one could foresee the heartbreak and sorrow that comes from being a scion from the house of Pym. Hank Pym created Ultron, the mass murdering robot. Ultron begat the Vision. A scion from that house is fated to defy their progenitor, Ultron did to Pym, and Vision did to Ultron. I wonder what lies for the Vis
Jacob Mendelsohn
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well another All New All Different Marvel book knocks it out of the park. I was not sold on the idea of this book at all when I first heard of it. Then I read the preview pages and I had to get it. I was not expecting a philosophical debate on the use of the word nice. The family dynamic adds a much needed layer look at robo...I mean synthoids trying to be human and what kind of turmoil and horror that brings for them, along with the community they live in. The art does a wonderful job of convey ...more
Amber
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Read through the weird collected of Spider-Man/Deadpool #1 with The Vision #1

I heard The Vision's series mentioned on NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour - instantly scrambled to collect the series. Maybe I'm being (Tom) Petty, but the most redeeming part of Avengers: Age of Ultron was The Vision being in the mix. Seeing him get an insanely cool sci-fi series of his own is beyond words.

This is the comic book I want to shove in everyone's hands, demand them to read. This is the series I'm rooting for th
Amaris Skye
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
An odd new comic by Tom King that explores what life would be like for The Vision if he had a family of sythezoids like him. As they are not humans they have trouble integrating smoothly into society but not for lack of trying. There is reference to things that will happen in their future that show that they may not be the family that Vision envisioned. The conflict at the end of the book furthers this theory. I am intrigued by this story - its new, different & VERY quirky.
Adam
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great Premise, Great Execution

Oh, all the Marvel stories that have been told about puppets wanting to be real boys are legion, this one is going to be special I think.

From the foreshadowing to the reconciliation of the Visions being constructs of perfect logic and reasoning living an imperfect life in the 'burbs. We are in for a grand adventure.

"Clothes that phase are costly. Do not stain them." Indeed.
Amanda
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
i loved this! so eerie and unsettling
Alice
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Vision engineers his own family: his wife Virginia and the twins Viv and Vin. He moves into a serene suburb in Virginia and attempts to lead what humans consider a normal life but unpredicted thoughts settle into his mind as he sends his children to school and deals with the attention they are drawing.
Interesting in an eerie way.
Daniel Andreu
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Increíble e interesantísima la forma de convertir a Vision y su familia en eso, en una familia que es de todo menos normal pero se enfrenta a sus problemas desde una perspectiva tan extraña como humana. El dibujo está muy bien también, pero aquí el protagonista es el guion.
Colm
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Oh my good Lord. This may just be the best thing I've ever come across in my short career of reading comics. Told by an omniscient third person narrator in the past tense between scenes of direct dialogue, the narrator provides context, background information, and occasional, suspenseful glimpses of what's yet to come while the plot progresses in a linear fashion through the scenes the reader observes.

The art is superb. The art is unnerving. Even in moments where characters are smiling the smil
Travis
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-books
Really couldn't get into this.
Maybe I'm too old school, but it just didn't feel like a Vision story to me, but rather a sci-fi story that the Vision was shoe-horned into to sell it to marvel.

The whole 'something is wrong beneath the surface of suburbia' vibe has been done so many times that this just feels like 'oh, this again'.
Also doesn't help that the title character seems to spend too much time off stage and the rest of his family just wasn't that interesting to me.

Maybe the character has j
Allodapos Sambar
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Το θέμα με το The Vision είναι ότι δουλεύει σε όλες του τις παραμέτρους. Είναι ένα σκοτεινό sci-fi, με εξαιρετικό art, φοβερούς διαλόγους και απίστευτα σκληρές στιγμές. Όταν κάτι τόσο πρωτότυπο γεννιέται μέσα από έναν τόσο μεγάλο οργανισμό, μπορούμε να έχουμε πίστη ότι στο μέλλον θα δούμε και άλλα τέτοια καταπληκτικά έργα.
Lindsay
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
After reading this first comic, I am very disappointed in the MCU adaptation of Vision's character. However, I am floored by this comic. The character of Vision never really interested me much, then a friend recommended this to me, and I'm now hooked.
Arlene
The coloring is great, and I'm not sure. lol It's pretty much all about, questioning ones own existence, trying to understand what their purpose in life is, and figuring out where they fit. The wife, daughter and son that is.

3 stars
Tate
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tom King tells a creepy/cool story in this series (so far), but I'm especially enamored of the art by Gabriel Hernandez Walta and the coloring of Jordie Bellaire (who should get equal billing, because I'm not sure if I'd like this comic book as much without either of their contributions.)

Karim
Nov 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Well, this was disturbing. Don't know what to do with it but I'm gonna keep reading the next episode to see where this goes.

Jason
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
This is the best comic I have ever read. It is difficult to elicit a depth of emotion for comic book characters who are "synthezoids", but the writing team here was able to create real conflict and sympathetic characters in a limited number of pages/panels.
TrillDRACULA
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow! A very interesting series involving The Vision, an Avengers character I've never known much about. The Vision creates a family and tries to play nice in the suburbs but thanks to the artwork and writing, a creeping dread seeps through every panel. Can't wait to see where this goes next.
Sidekicks Wanted
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: cara, marvel, paper-issue
I'm up in the air on the rating of this one. I think if I knew more about the Vision and his origins, I would like it a bit more. My Vision knowledge is quite lacking. I will probably do a little research and re-read this.
Ronald Price
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very interesting read. I look forward to finding out what will happen next. I recommend this book to superhero Sci-Fi , drama, and suspense lovers. I can't wait to find out what will happen in the next issue. This book left me wanting more!
Anie
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a really good start: Eerie, a bit unsettling, and leaving you with the sense that something is really, really going to happen.
Adjo
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Trying to be normal always lead to sadness, The Visions should embrace who they really are.
What was this ending ? I wanna know more !
Garrison
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great shift from the film storyline. Like the dynamics within the family.
Kelly
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very interesting read that actually tackles some tough issues. Looking forward to reading more from this title.
Cande
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Meh
Alex
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm not even entirely sure what I just read but it was utterly fascinating.
  • All-New Hawkeye (2015) #4
  • Trees #2
  • Chrononauts #1
  • Silk (2015) #2
  • Thor (2014-2015) #8

Vision (2015) (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Vision #2