Jump to ratings and reviews
The hottest new ongoing series of the year continues, as the Paper Girls witness the impossible.

32 pages, Kindle Edition

First published November 4, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Brian K. Vaughan

613 books12.8k followers
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes for film and television in Los Angeles, where he lives with his family and their dogs Hamburger and Milkshake.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
48 (2%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 143 reviews
Profile Image for Tawfek X.
2,537 reviews2,038 followers
October 31, 2022
I feel i remember the scene where alice tries to kill herself with the gun from a friend's review , must have been years, weird what our minds remember and forget.
I am not really reading good these days.
So men disappear, and men freeze, is it the same for the women, we need some equality here, but honestly i would rather just disappear.
Profile Image for Kitty G Books.
1,544 reviews2,930 followers
November 25, 2015
This series is a very, very weird one. I kind of like it and kind of think it's a bit too bonkers for me because it is set in an 80s period setting and we follow a group of female paper girls as they do their rounds (or try to) in the midst of what appears to be a crazy monster apocalypse! The story is easily told and the drawing is nice with good colouring, but I honestly have no real idea where this is going and although the lead characters are supposedly about 12-15 they seem a lot more 'mature' in terms of language and actions than they maybe should. I am liking it every time I read an issue, but then it's a bit forgettable... might give it another issue and see if it fully grabs me, otherwise I shall probably give up on this one for now.

3*s overall
Profile Image for Aby.
102 reviews13 followers
November 8, 2022
I didn't like the the first one, yet this one is a breathtaking.
Profile Image for Carlos Peguer.
245 reviews1,609 followers
November 29, 2017
Tampoco he entendido nada pero también me ha encantado. Y como sigan con los cliffhangers al final de cada número no voy a parar hasta que no termine de leer todos.
Profile Image for Dave Schaafsma.
Author 6 books31.2k followers
February 18, 2016
Paper girls (not paper boys, as in boys who used to be hired to deliver papers, younguns), the nineties, aliens, Stand by Me for girls, maybe a bit of another kind of Lucas tribute than Saga for Vaughn. We're getting to know the characters better, getting deeper into it. How is I can be simultaneously reading four ongoing series by one guy?! What is wrong with me? How did I get to this place? (Saga, We Stand Guard, Paper Girls and Private Eye?) Crazy. And crazy good.
Profile Image for Rachel.
765 reviews14 followers
November 9, 2015
This issue was super short, and I wished it had more of a story to it than random artwork. What a way to leave a single issue on a cliffhanger!
Profile Image for Solace Winter.
1,653 reviews6 followers
December 15, 2015
This one was much better than the last, though it helps I now know I don't have a clue what I'm expecting.
Profile Image for James.
Author 70 books406 followers
March 25, 2016
Super-fun read . . . can't wait to catch up, see where this one's going!
Profile Image for Courtney.
348 reviews4 followers
February 6, 2017
Better than the first one. It bugs me that all the creators are men. I love BKV though.
Profile Image for Isa.
108 reviews35 followers
January 15, 2018
Bárbara pa que me enganchas a estas cosas hijaputa
Profile Image for ily .
455 reviews625 followers
February 28, 2021
Like I said, I'm not a big fan of Stranger Things, but this comic is quite weird on its own. I don't like not knowing what it is about. Hope it gets better.
Profile Image for Luscar.
44 reviews2 followers
August 25, 2022
Solo he leído dos números, pero por ahora no puedo decir nada malo de Paper Girls. Deseando leer la colección entera.
Profile Image for Darinda.
8,013 reviews145 followers
April 4, 2018
A Halloween invasion, and four 12-year-old paper delivery girls get caught in the action. Weird and Fun.
Profile Image for Grace Kao.
284 reviews25 followers
December 31, 2016
Muahahaha okay so I only picked this up and blew threw it in like 30 minutes so I could complete my Goodreads challenge. I'm actually halfway through the Molly Crabapple autobio "Drawing Blood," but there's no way I'm finishing that before we hit 2017.

I think the premise of Paper Girls is fascinating, but the story hasn't progressed enough for me to really figure out what's going on/connect with the characters much. I like the dynamics between the two girls and older/younger Erin in this volume. But to be completely honest, I'm really just here for Matt Wilson's beautiful, evocative, moody neon-tinged electric-eat-your-heart-out colors. It really does feel like a "feminist Stranger Things," and that's not a bad thing at all.
Profile Image for The Sapphic Nerd.
945 reviews45 followers
November 9, 2015
It's original, that's for sure. I love the line work and colours, and the story is pretty unexpected and creative. Mac, in particular, has potential to become a really interesting character. As interesting as it is, and as much as I want to know what's going on, I'm going to put this aside until the trade paperback comes out so I can binge-read it.
Profile Image for L..
415 reviews
June 28, 2017
This one was better then the first one. It had a bit more action going on, a little mystery. It had a little bit of suspense. I thought it ended too quickly, and that's a big sign I'm enjoying it. The art style is obviously the same, and like I said for the first one I don't really like it but the content is good.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 143 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.