Start by marking “Roped by the Bear” as Want to Read:
Roped by the Bear

Roped by the Bear

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews

Allie's life has sucked ever since her mother died. Inside her father's ranch, relationships are as cold as the harsh Colorado win
Published November 3rd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Roped by the Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roped by the Bear

Sassy Southern
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars* but rounded up to post

We have two people, Finn and Allie, who are from two completely different worlds. Finn, a bear shifter, is a ranch hand for her Dad. Allie, a human, lives a pretty comfortable life money wise.

Elizabeth Neal
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it
**3.5 stars**

However, things aren't always what they seem. Allie is lonely and tired. Her Dad isn't really father of the year material. He's basically shut himself off from Allie since her Mom died. (There's a revelation later on in the book that rocks Allie's world. It so made sense, yet I didn't see it co
Marsha Spohn
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Allie is having a weekend away with the man she is going to marry – dictated by her father, a marriage that will join two wealthy, prominent families. The fact that she doesn’t love James is beside the point to both him and her father. On this snowy winter night Allie is heading to a remote cabin on the ranch – supposedly for a weekend away with girlfriends, but in reality she wants a chance to be with James alone to hopefully figure out what to do about this ar
Kathleen R.
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Overall Stars: 4 STARS

Paranormal
Shifter

Their passion will bring them together, but their surrounding will do anything to break them apart.

Finn has always been alone. His father, a bear clan leader, abandoned him years before. His boss at the ranch is disgusted by shifters, and Finn is just dirt beneath his heal, but he longs for acceptance and the love that was always denied him. Allie's life has sucked ever since her mother died. Inside her father's ranch, relationships are as cold as the hars
Lady
I received this book as an ARC from Mark My Words Book Publicity via NetGalley for an honest review.

Allie has had a hard life beginning when she was younger and her mother died and her father seems like he has cut all feelings off. Now she is going to marry the guy that her father wants her too. So she comes up with a plan that for a weekend her and her finance will go to the family cabin. The plan is for them to spend the weekend together so they can get to know each other better. But a snow st
Danielle
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Allie is an heiress to a country ranch. From the outside she has everything a girl could possibily want. She is ambitious and hoping to own her very own ranch one day. She is from old money and her daddy wants what is best for her. Upper class familys tend to grow up in an elite close circle. Her hand in marriage from a young age was promised to James a fellow posh toffee.

She decides to spend some time with her destiny and arranges a romantic weekend away. Finn a shifter bear who works as a ran
Marissa
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC Kindle Copy for Review

After the death of her mother Allie's life been less than perfect. Trapped inside her father's ranch, their relationships are as cold as the harsh Colorado winters.

Finn is a loner. His father was a bear clan leader who abandoned him. He works at a ranch where the owner hates shifters. Finn is considered to be dirt but he longs for acceptance and the love that was always been elusive him.

Allie and Finn are caught in a snowstorm as they take refuge in a cabin. Being toget
Petula
Nov 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Allie is the privileged daughter of a ranch owner with her whole life spread out before her. She is reasonably happy to go along with what her father has planned, but decides that she needs to get to know the man she is supposed to marry. To that end they arrange a weekend in a cabin on their own.
Finn is a bear shifter that works on the ranch. He is to take her up to the cabin, then return to the ranch. The sudden snow storm changes everyone's plans.
I'm sorry but this book was really disappoin
Born To Read
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it
I got a copy from Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.
I did like the story but I had the feeling that everything happens too fast, above all when the are in the cabin. I know that it's a short book, a story, so the writer cannot spend a lot of time with explanations.
The characters are pretty good. Finn is amazing and his story is really original. I would love to hear more about his everyday life.
I don't know if there will be more books related to this one, but in my opinion it would be a g
Sue
Nov 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Allie and James are set to be married, pre arranged by their families, that is until Allie become stranded in a snow storm with Finn, a ranch hand and also a bear shifter, cut off and all alone they can no longer deny their attraction to each other.
This is an ok read, without putting in spoilers .... as a bear shifter I would have expected Finn to behave differently than he did and I found myself getting annoyed at Allie's acceptance of it all! So for me this was less of a shifter story and more
Karen Roma
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was actually disappointed when I finished this story as the plot had so much potential, which was lost in translation.

Unfortunately, the writing felt stilted and forced, and the much-anticipated fire we’ve come to crave in any form of romance novel, was sorely lacking.

For me, the story read like a factual interpretation of events, rather than an intriguing account of unreasonable expectations, all-consuming passion and devastating heartache along the way.

I just couldn't connect with the charac
Puna
Feb 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
The first half of the book shows Allie as the dumbest, whiniest and most childish female lead ever. (She actually says that things worked out for Romeo & Juliet!) The only thing she didn't do was stomp her foot to complete her numerous tantrums. The second half of the book, just months later, and she's suddenly some master business woman feeling all righteous cause she had her one real love and 'it's better to have loved & lost, etc', while dating, having a "couple one night stands here ...more
Marcie Wegner
Nov 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the premise of the story. I think that it had a lot of potential. The characters could have been more fully developed. I never really got as attached to them as I could have. I think there is a lot of potential for a second story with the characters as their relationship develops and grows. It was a nice quick read.
Leann Frantz
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I got this as an Arc. it is a awesome read. I love how Meredith writes. I can't wait for more. keep up the awesome writing Meredith.
Betty A. McDaniels
R
Jan 26, 2018
Cindy
Apr 13, 2018
Meredith Clarke likes long walks in the trees and drinking sangria. Yeah for real. Like Edward Sparkly Cullen style. She writes alpha male yet cuddly characters and the hot women that love them. Open a book or two, eat a smore, and cuddle up with the men of Meredith Clarke.

Sign up to hear about Meredith's books first. http://eepurl.com/bxbyMn
More about Meredith Clarke