Start by marking “Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4)” as Want to Read:
Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4)

Bad Blood

(The Naturals #4)

New victims. New betrayals. New secrets.

When Cassie Hobbes joined the FBI’s Naturals program, she had one goal: uncover the truth about her mother’s murder. But now, everything Cassie thought she knew about what happened that night has been called into question. Her mother is alive, and the people holding her captive are more powerful—and dangerous—than anything the Natura
Published November 1st 2016 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Bad Blood, please sign up.
Natalie This was the ending of the series up until November 2017. There is one book after this called "Twelve" it takes place MANY years later when Cassie and…moreThis was the ending of the series up until November 2017. There is one book after this called "Twelve" it takes place MANY years later when Cassie and the Naturals are running the program (as new Agents Briggs and Sterlings). They have to figure out a case brought to their attention by a girl they had rescued in a previous book before she or others kill themselves.

(I didn't mark this as a spoiler because it is a summarized version of the synopsis on the back of the book).(less)
Sophie
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4)
Emma Giordano
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, I was pretty let down by this conclusion. The Naturals was a FAVORITE of mine as a late teen, though I put off reading the final installment for a few years. I’m unsure if this particular book was a bizarre disappointment, or if it’s just that my taste has matured in the last 3 years where this series is no longer satisfying. I'm not sure I could find that answer unless I were to reread the first three books as an adult.

CW: murder, torture, mention of rape, child abuse, abduction,
mith
It's not a series finale if something doesn't fuck you up and/or you don't cry at least ONE point.
My feelings will be bared soon!
---
guuuuuys, there's a synopsis and I am so excited and scared to read this.
I dread and await—but mostly await—November.
(Which is so late cmon)
---
IM FUCKING PANICKING WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THE TITLE AND THE COVER OUT IT'S SO PRETTY OH MY GOD
---
Is unknown the title? I can't tell. I want to believe it is though.
(eta: okay I believe it now.)
(eta (AGAIN) that UNKNOWN
Sana
May 21, 2016 rated it liked it
RTC next year? :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I literally forgot so many things from the previous books, but I don't feel like re-reading them and I'm already 50 pages into this so I'll just have to work it out somehow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This beauty has arrived.

description

This is it. The last book.

Now I want tons of Cassie and Dean.
I want lots of psycho serial killers.
I want blood and guts and dead bodies.

I just want everyone to be okay.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
1.) The Naturals ★★★★.5
2.) Killer Instinct ★★★★
3.) All In ★★★★.5
4.) Bad Blood ★★★★.5

--------------------------------------------------

THIS SERIES WAS FREAKING CRAZY.
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Meh. I'm very disappointed. I thought it's going to be a Lia centric book, but we barely get a glean on her true potential. MY OTP THOUGH THEY DESERVE BETTER.
Kirsty-Marie Jones
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Now go stand in the corner and think about what you did

Cause baby now we got-
 LEAH⇢
This is one of my NEW all-time favorite series…

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Flow (Writing Style): 5/5
Backdrop (World Building): 5/5
Originality: 5/5
Book Cover: 5/5
Ending: 5+/5 Cliffhanger: Nope, but I wouldn't mind going back to this world with this set of characters.
Total: 5+/5 Stars ~A+~

⇝My Thoughts⇜

This Series has rocked, with each book upping the stakes and becoming more entwined with the next
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
Niki's Mini Review of Bad Blood:

This book. This series. Is perfection.

Need more convincing?

Niki Reviews The Naturals – in which I gush profusely.
Niki Reviews Killer Instinct – in which the gushing continues.
Niki Reviews All In – in which I completely lose my shit.

Seriously. It’s my all-time favorite YA series. Read it.

Other books you might like:
The Naturals (The Naturals, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes All In (The Naturals, #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes The Fixer (The Fixer, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
^I'm being funny with my recommends. I usually give comparative titles. In this case, if you aren't reading JLB, you aren't doin
Nadia Awadi
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
I finished a serieeees.

I always wanted to use Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen as an introduction. And now that I've done it: Not that good of an idea.
Another bad idea: Reading this book in the middle of the night while being a scaredy cat who can't handle amusement parks.

Rating 4.75

I'VE READ THIS WHOLE SERIES BEFORE. seriously. How can someone forget reading a WHOLE SERIES, is beyond me. Well, at least I loved it. Imagine if I reread a series I h
Kyla Harris
Plot - 14/20 - I didn't like Bad Blood nearly as much as I enjoyed the rest of the Naturals series. The plot dragged a bit and wasn't as gripping.

Characters - 15/20 - There wasn't much characters development or depth. I still loved the characters but they aren't nessassiarly Jennifer's strong point.

Creativity -  15/20- Compared to the past three books in the series Bad Blood was a let down in the creative section. Even with this there were still a lot of fun plot twists.

Writing - 14/20- Writing
hailee 💫
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Lynn Barnes, if you're reading this place yourself in a motherfucking chair and write at least eighteen thousand hundred billion million more natural books (preferably based around michael). thank.
Lexie
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016, mystery
Finishing a beloved series is exactly 30% gratifying and 49057258409% painful.

THE PAIN IS REAL

LET THE HANGOVER COMMENCE!
Rachel
4 STARS FOR "BAD BLOOD" BY JENNIFER LYNN BARNES

"All must be tested." You say the words as you drag the flat of the knife across the offering's neck. "All must be found worthy."
Power thrums through your veins. This is your decision. Your choice. One twist of your wrist and blood will flow. The wheel will stop.
But without order, there is chaos.
Without order, there is pain.

This book rocked my world. I guarantee it will rock yours once you pick it up yourself.

jennifer Lynn Barnes is such an und
rin ( ̄ヘ ̄)	 read/watch mo dao zu shi
9 out of 10!

a decent conclusion to a very good detective series. it managed to fulfil my expectations. everything got resolved (i mean i noticed couple of plot holes in the very beginning and then bam! 10% left and this holes are filled and everything makes sense).
this book is intense! and so twisty! there were twists I totally saw coming, twists I should have seen coming but didn't, and twists I would've no way seen coming.
i love all characters so much OwO

this book was really hard to put down.
TABI⁷ (ᕗツ)ᕗ
Jan 08, 2016 marked it as to-read
'Cause baby now we got ba-ah-ad blood . . .

Tez
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SERIES RECOMMENDATION

NOTE: I originally posted this at Speculative Chic.

Upon hearing the premise for Jennifer Lynn Barnes's YA crime series The Naturals, I was sceptical. Teens working for the FBI sounded more fantasy than contemporary. But I gave the first book a chance, and it isn't bad as I feared. Killer Instinct is definitely an improvement, and I was well and truly hooked.

But the series really shows its genius in Book 3, All In. It must've been a nightmare to research and organise, because
Maggie ☘
Bad Blood was such a painful but also satisfying conclusion to the best Crimi Young Adult series I've ever read! When it comes to the investigation and plot, the third book will still be my favourite, but overall this one comes very, very close. I'm in love with all of the characters! And I'm definitely going to miss them.
Diana Brown
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Part way through the book I almost started to lose interest simply because the plot just wasn't going anywheres. I loved the characters but where was the story going....the last few chapters brought it back in focus.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
I can't believe it is over! Both happy and sad. This was a great ending/addition. Full review to come.
ullianachase
I really really liked the ending. Very good conclusion to this amazing series. But the third book is still my favourite.
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A satisfying grade A conclusion to this awesome series. Wouldn't have it any other way....except I wouldn't maybe mind a spin off of some sort.

4.5 Stars
Veronica Morfi
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing ending to a series I loved from the very first book.
Rachel Patrick
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This review (and others) can be seen in all its properly formatted glory on my blog Beauty and the Bookshelf.

Ever since reading the utterly and fantastically surprising The Naturals three years ago, I've been a big, big fan of Jennifer Lynn Barnes's spectacular, thrilling, crime-solving series. Despite All In not being quite what I had hoped, its predecessors The Naturals and Killer Instinct were, I kid you not, practically flawless. This series, which just so happens to be one of my favorites,
Katie
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m emotionally DRAINED BUT IT WAS SO GOOD.
Maria
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, e-book, suspense
Unbelievable.
I could swear that Jennifer Lynn Barnes is a psychotic serial killer in her past life.
My thirst for blood is superbly sated. :D
elizabeth
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i both need this and don't want it to end. whelp.
Cogito_ergo_sum
Nov 16, 2016 rated it liked it
3 stars.

First thing first: How awesome is that cover?

This book left me feeling conflicted. On one hand, it was good, but on the other, I felt let down…? There were certainly elements I liked about it—ideas I thought were good, although they didn’t work too well here, and there were places where I felt the story had lost credibility.

I will finish my thought later, in the spoilers section, but as to character development, it felt unfinished for me. Cassie was exploring her character but I never fi
K.
Trigger warnings: murder, death of a family member, abusive parent, stabbing, psychological abuse.

28/10/2020
I agree with Past!Me - this felt slightly rushed. But I love the characters, the writing, the story, the relationships. Honestly, I kind of wish this series had kept going and just turned into a literal YA version of Criminal Minds with a different case in each book and perhaps new additions to the cast of characters. But I understand why Barnes chose to end things here and end them in the
Liza Wiemer
What a phenomenal end to an outstanding series. Lots of twists and turns and an ending that is satisfying. If you haven't picked up the series, now is the time. All the books are out and I really think people will love reading them back to back!
Allyson Herondale➰
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This took me quite a while to read because of school and exams but I absolutely loved every single thing about this book. The plot twists and turns were just amazing and I didn't expect anything! What an amazing end to an amazing series!!

• Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • Trust Me, I'm Lying (Trust Me, #1)
  • See How They Run (Embassy Row, #2)
  • Two Lies and a Spy (Two Lies and a Spy, #1)
  • Remember Me (Find Me, #2)
  • All Fall Down (Embassy Row, #1)
  • Take the Key and Lock Her Up (Embassy Row, #3)
  • Sealed with a Lie (Two Lies and a Spy, #2)
  • Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)
  • Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)
  • Trust Me, I'm Trouble (Trust Me, #2)
  • Hunting November (Killing November, #2)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • Find Me (Find Me, #1)
  • Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
  • Out of My League
  • A Girl Named Digit (Digit, #1)
  • Fight to the Finish (The Specialists, #5)
Jennifer Lynn Barnes (who mostly goes by Jen) was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She has been, in turn, a competitive cheerleader, a volleyball player, a dancer, a debutante, a primate cognition researcher, a teen model, a comic book geek, and a lemur aficionado. She's been writing for as long as she can remember, finished her first full book (which she now refers to as a "practice book" and which none ...more

The Naturals (5 books)
  • The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)
  • Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2)
  • All In (The Naturals, #3)
  • Twelve (The Naturals, #4.5)