Start by marking “Adelaide: Bride of Maryland (American Mail-Order Bride #7)” as Want to Read:
Adelaide: Bride of Maryland (American Mail-Order Bride #7)

Adelaide: Bride of Maryland

(American Mail-Order Brides #7)

Escaping an arranged marriage to a cruel man, Adelaide Baker flees west to marry a total stranger as a mail order bride. Only the man at the final stop didn’t place the advertisement in the Grooms Gazette.

John Rivers wishes to live in peace on his own land after he lost everyone he ever loved, but his friends have other plans. They post an announcement in the Grooms Gaze
Published November 25th 2015 by Defy the Dark Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Adelaide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adelaide

Start your review of Adelaide: Bride of Maryland (American Mail-Order Bride #7)
Ashley
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I have always been a lover of any book that has a historical feel to it and this book hit that mark for me. However, this book hit on a topic that was new for me.

After a fire destroyers her place of employment in Maryland, Adelaide has only one option. She hops on a train and flees her arranged marriage to a horrible man to marry a man she knows absolutely nothing about. John is a man who never planned on getting married. However one of his ranch hands wives decides that he needs a wife. When Ad
Jina Howell-Forbes
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love mail order bride stories. This was an especially good one, because Ciara Knight is an especially good author. Her characters are interesting and complex. This story was her entry into a series of mail order bride stories each written by different authors. Even so, it is my hope that Ms. Knight will find a way to write a sequel to this story. The heroine was 9month pregnant at the end of the story, so I wanted it to continue.
Diane
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
There is something so satisfying to me about the mail order marriage trope that never fails to engage my heart while it also reinforces my faith in the sanctity of the institution of marriage. I really enjoyed Adelaide and John's budding romance and all of the hills and valleys they had to cross to reach their happily ever after but I really wasn't a fan of the despicable and dastardly Mr. Salter. And I have to admit to being very annoyed when the author used two totally different names for the ...more
Jan Niblock
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: c-knight
What a heartwarming story. Adelaide is one strong woman that you cannot help but admire. I found that I could not put the book down once I started it because I just had to know what would happen next. This is not going to be a long review because to make it very long would give away too much. Even if stories about the old west aren’t your usual read, you should read this one. I think John Rivers is the unsung hero of the story, but that may just be my opinion. You should decide that for yourself
Dana Dobias
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice Continuation of the Series

This is an American Mail Order Brides series book, really a novella at 13 chapters. The story involves a well to do lady with a streak of independence which caused her to go to work at the factory that burns down. The rancher she marries has ongoing problems with a nasty neighbor. With believable twists and turns, the problems resolve creating a nice story.
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 7 in the American Mail-Order Bride Series. A fire in the factory and not wanting to marry an abusive guy, causes Adelaide to answer an ad. Friends of John, write an ad for him. He is not aware. Arriving at the station, an evil man tries to claim Adelaide as his bride. Not really wanting to marry, John takes her as his bride. The evil neighbor causes trouble. John doesn't want to be responsible for his wife and get hurt, like he did with his late sister. A great read! ...more
Brittany
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historicals
This one is differently one of my favorite reads in the series. Adelaide is looking to find a safe haven from a suitor that is just horrible. She becomes a mail-ordered bride but when she arrives craziness ensues. I won't spoil anything but you must give this one a shot. You really don't have to read the others in the series to follow the story so jump right in! ...more
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Adelalide: Bride of Maryland (American Mail-Order Bridal Series Book 7)

The love story of Adelaide and John. Adelaide is run from an arrange marry to a man she known is a monster, so she become a mail-order bridal to John River, a man say to be kind but she walk into a big range war. Can she find happinesses?
Mikayla
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A cute short romance about Adelaide and John. Glad it ended how it did. I wish there would have been a chapter before the end events. It just felt like there was something missing. Good book though. Excited to read the next book in the series.
Shelby Young
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! 💕
Jennifer Guffey
Adelaide: Bride of Maryland (American Mail-Order Bride #7)
By: Ciara Knight
5/5 stars

With the fire at the Brown Textiles Mill, many women were left without family to take them in, there were no job prospects and most had very little money saved. They had to live together in groups in order to be able to get by. But the previous manager found the Groom’s Gazette and came up with the idea that the single women could and should become mail-order brides as a way out of their current dire situation.

Ade
Kathy
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really loved the characters in this story, but I was disappointed it took place in Montana. I guess I was just hoping that each of these books would be more representative of the state it's named for. Instead it seems that they are stories about a women who happens to be born in that state but goes west as a mail- order bride. So far in this series, on bride is in Oregon and two are in Montana. I wish there hasn't been such a jump between events at the end though. I'm glad justice prevailed bu ...more
Sharon
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: qwn-it
First one of these books in the series, and I admit, I am intrigued enough to finish the other 49 books (plus the prequel)
Nice enough story, slightly bland, hopefully this series is not going to be a case of same story. different names and location. Not as racy as other romances I have read in the past.
Jeene Hobbs
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Fleeing to Montana

Another textile worker who was burned slightly in the fire flees to Montana to escape an arranged marriage with an abusive man.

I liked Adelaide and John. I may be tired of reading about power hungry abusive villains. The story didn't touch me as some others have. I plan to read the whole series.
Kasey
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story takes place mostly in Montana. I enjoyed everything about this book and wished it was 100 pages more. I loved the main characters and the story. The author did a great job of putting a lot in the story within a short amount of pages. I felt that everything was put to a close and like many other books in this series, I want more!
Lorie Mccauley
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best of this series! A must read!!!!!

The author wove a fantastic tale through this storyline and kept it suspenseful, lively and entertaining. Having read through a lot of this series and being disinterested in other storylines, this was a great treat. I enjoy Ms. Knight's writing and this was another one to add to my ever-growing bookcase of favourites.
Heather
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet

Lovely novel about a woman running from a awful suitor and becoming a mail bride to a loving man with a painful past that he can't let go. Great watching these two help heal one another past that theft them scared physically and a emotionally
Cindy
This series was my first experience with multiple authors working together to write a series on a large scale. I enjoyed every book in the series and found several new authors that I hadn't read before. ...more
Donna Rogers
Nov 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Good read!!

It was a good book don't get me wrong but it almost felt like this book has been done before. It needed Maryland in the book and it wasn't .. ok so she was from Maryland but she was living in Boston so the book was another Massachusetts....
Melissa
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet Story

I enjoyed reading Adeline's story. When the man you are promised to is a brute then it is a good idea to take a leap of faith. John wasn't looking for a wife but he couldn't let her be destroyed like his sister. These two were meant to be together.
Julie Hicks
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great read. It allowed for a story from the frontier days take you back for simpler times. The romance was so sweet. Adelaide was a unique independent women to be a mail order bride. Once you start the book you will want to finish it!
Rachelle Bishop
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Amazing read

I really enjoyed this read very little spelling mistakes and the sorry kept you going on wishing for mire. First book I've read by this author but I will definitely be reading more!
gary c lehn
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story...

I enjoyed this story of a Mail order bride. The author has done a great job of bringing the characters together, filling their lives with romance, adventure and bringing it happily to a exciting end.
Melania Ramona
Dec 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Jeannie Reeves
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

It is so nice to be able to enjoy a story without going into their bedroom and having to witness each move and each sigh.
Betty smith
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book in the series. can't wait to read the next one. Ciara Knight did a wonderful job writing this book. ...more
Nancy
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
A short good read.
Babs Wenk
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well executed

This story had all the elements that keep your interest and make you want to cheer that the bad guys never win!- Barbie
Susan Robinson
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good story - entertaining and moved along...
Sarah Waldron
Oct 31, 2016

• Barclay (Bachelors and Babies, #4)
  • Kendrick: Too Old for Babies (Bachelors and Babies Book 9)
  • Trace (Bachelors and Babies #1)
  • The Christmas Mail Order Bride (Holiday Mail Order Brides, #1)
  • Sawyer (Bachelors & Babies, #6)
  • Grayson (Bachelors and Babies Book 8)
  • Mail Order Baron (Brides of Tombstone, #3)
  • Millie (Pendleton Petticoats, #7)
  • Carter (Bachelors and Babies #3)
  • Logan (Bachelors and Babies #2)
  • His Remarkable Bride (The Brides of Paradise Ranch, #6)
  • Mail Order Misfit (Brides of Beckham, #11)
  • Dallas (Bachelors and Babies #5)
  • Promises
  • Seduction on a Snowy Night
  • The Mountain Dragon's Curvy Mate
  • Mail Order Motherhood (Brides of Beckham, #8)
  • Mail Order Meddler (Brides of Beckham, #10)
Ciara Knight is a USA Today and Maggie award winning author who 'Fights for Love. One Book at a Time'.

Her popular sweet romance series, Sweetwater County (rated for all audiences), is a small town romance full of family trials, friendly competition, and community love. Also, there is a sister series,
Riverbend.

A brand new sweet, small town romance is coming in 2019! This one will be set in Sugar M

American Mail-Order Brides (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Lottie: Bride of Delaware (American Mail-Order Bride #1)
  • Willow: Bride of Pennsylvania (American Mail-Order Bride, #2)
  • Hope: Bride of New Jersey (American Mail-Order Bride, #3)
  • Mollie: Bride of Georgia (American Mail-Order Bride #4)
  • Edwina: Bride of Connecticut (American Mail-Order Bride #5)
  • Beth: Bride of Massachusetts (American Mail-Order Bride #6)
  • Jessie: Bride of South Carolina (American Mail-Order Bride #8)
  • Rachel: Bride of New Hampshire (American Mail-Order Bride #9)
  • Katie: Bride of Virginia (American Mail-Order Bride #10)
  • Julia: Bride of New York (American Mail-Order Bride #11)