Start by marking “Paralyzed (Kennedy Stern #2)” as Want to Read:
Paralyzed (Kennedy Stern #2)

Paralyzed

(Kennedy Stern #2)

Kennedy Stern has returned to campus after surviving an abduction, but old scars cut deep. Vivid flashbacks and terrifying dreams paralyze her, threatening to ruin her academic career and any chance she has at peace or happiness. This mental anguish, however, constitutes only a small fraction of her post-traumatic nightmare.

A partner in Kennedy’s kidnapping remains at lar
Published October 30th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Paralyzed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paralyzed

Lydia Howe
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm always amazed when a writer is able to pull of the "totally confused" feeling that a character is going through, and Miss Alana did a great job of it.

Kennedy was suffering PTSD from the happenings in the last book, and it made this book feel really disjointed and confusing, but in the best way possible. It was hard at times to know what was real and what was going on inside of Kennedy's head, and that takes some expert writing to pull off correctly.

I will say: Kennedy had a habit of going o
Joan
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the second book in a series. The first one had plenty of action and movement. This one concentrates on the character's struggles with memories and a post traumatic stress disorder.

In the previous novel, Kennedy had been kidnapped and held hostage. In this novel, she faces an uncertain future. The kidnapper was in custody but an accomplice is still at large. Kennedy struggles with fear, endangering her success at her college studies. Then she finds herself in physical danger too.

I found p
Angie
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian, fiction
Originally posted http://readaholiczone.blogspot.com
I give it 3 1/2 stars.
This is not the first Alana Terry novel that I have read also including the first Kennedy Stern novel and have high regards for her writing. Paralyzed is a book you will pick up and keep saying just one more chapter until you have no more pages left to turn. Whereas, in some series you do not need to start with the first novel to gather the scheme of everything this is not one of them. Indeed, you need to read Unplanned be
Cheri Swalwell
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had heard about the Kennedy Stern Christian Suspense Series by Alana Terry and had wanted to read them for quite a while now. During the Thanksgiving holiday, I was able to read four of the five books, only because the 5th wasn’t available yet. That one is on my Christmas list.

There really are two sides to every story. There are a few characters in this series that I think make the entire series: First of all, Kennedy, the main character, who is a young adult (college age) and she struggles i
Julia
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paralyzed by Alana Terry is a contemporary Christian suspense that I got so enthralled with that I could not put it down! It continues where Unplanned left off.
Alana Terry explores what it means to be a Christian. Being a Christian does not guarantee a trouble free life but God does promise to never leave us. "She had gotten really consistent with her prayer and Bible study, which made her wonder why God hadn't taken her problems away." It is in the difficult times that we grow.
There are times w
Julie Barrett
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Paralyzed by alana Terry
This is the second book in the series about Kennedy who's returned from China and is attending Harvard in Boston. She has gone through a terrible kidnapping and is back at college now.
They have captured the last of the kidnappers but she has a panic attack when she sees him. She tries to forget about all of it as her friend takes her to see a ballet and on the way back on the T, it catches on fire. she panics and runs off by herself knowing someone is following her, ready
Vickie Jameson
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paralyzed (Kennedy Stern #2) by Alana Terry is a fast-paced book that deals with the topic of post-traumatic stress disorder. It picks right up where Unplanned, Book 1 in the series, left off. Kennedy has returned to her college campus and is making a valiant attempt to put her recent ordeal behind her. But that is not as easy as it seems. I don't want to give the story away so you'll have to read the book to find out more.

Each book in Alana Terry's Kennedy Stern series deals with a hot-button i
Sonnetta
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-fun-review
I love Kennedy. She is a true heroine. She is a woman we can all relate to and empathize with. Her struggles are our struggles. Her relationship with God is being perfected and he assumptions about who He is is being challenged. How many of us question the life we should have as a Christian.

I love this book and would recommend to everyone. There are some tough issues being discussed but it is what we need to hear. I cannot wait to see how her story along with Rueben's progresses.

I received this
Janet
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Got the boxed set on Kindle. Read Unplanned a year ago, so it took me a few chapters to remember past characters. The whole thing fell flat to me. I never fully understood the main theme that she was tackling.. I guessed mental illness. I got frustrated with many of the episodes where I couldn't tell if Kennedy was hallucinating or it was happening in real life. I couldn't get a feel for any of the characters. All of that being said, I appreciate Christian Suspense, and I feel that this author h ...more
Faith Nguyen
Not as good as the first one in this series. It was okay. I leafed through this entirely too fast. I admittedly skipped several pages now and then, mainly parts with the main character's soliloquy because they were just too long, and there were plenty. Every other chapter was her internal turmoil of what happened in book 1 and what could've been and the what ifs. Still a light easy read. I just hope book 3 is packed with more suspense and action.
Anita I. Greene
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful story of walking through one's faith. The main character struggles with the same issues that I believe most Christians struggle with. She chides herself for not being the proper Christian and tries to "fix" things by "doing" all of the right Christian things in the hopes that by some magic, she'll not experience what life throws at her. We see unconditional love from unexpected places. A taught and thrilling read.
Lillie
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I read the first novel in this series and wish I had read it more recently to remember more details. I don't like cliffhangers, and I remember that I was a little disappointed that the first one didn't completely wrap up what happened. Of course, it was left open for this sequel. I am always interested in PTSD because I edited a book by a psychiatrist and a counselor on dealing with PTSD. I liked reading a fictional account that corresponded to that book.

I received a cop
Melissa Henderson
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Triggers from past experiences can cause problems at any time. PTSD(Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) can happen to anyone at anytime. In this story of danger, mystery and finding justice, the author takes the reader on a fast paced journey filled with action and suspense. Learning to rely on God at all times and trusting His promises is key to any situation. I enjoyed this story. I received a copy of this story from the author and this is my personal honest opinion.
Liz McFadden
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alana Terry, did it again. Paralyzed was a book that was hard to put down. It is hard to say a lot about this book without giving away any of the details in the book. This is just another book that you just need to buy, download or borrow, and read for yourself. Alana, is fast becoming one of my favorite authors.
Pat Whitworth
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the spiritual content of this book. However it was hard for me to focus. ocus

Kennedy was kidnapped and in the aftermath was struggling to get past it when she realized it was not over.
Liz
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After the crises of the months before, who could blame Kennedy for having panic attacks? Especially when one of the perpetrators is still on the loose. Join Kennedy as she faces her fears and trusts God to get her through the next set of crises.
Candace
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!

I loved every second of these last two books! I read them both in a week because I could not put them down! I love the Christian side of it and the story line. I can't say more then I love these books and now have a new favorite author!
Melissa
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Kennedy Stern series and this one is just as intense as the first.
Kennedy is dealing with the after effect of her abduction. She is kind of in denial about what is going on and what she is struggling with. She has this idea (as many Christians do) that if she prayed more or prayed better, or was a better Christian she wouldn’t have these issues. Her feelings mirror what I think a lot of Christians feel. They are under this illusion that they must not be a “good” Ch
Becky Van Houten
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the second book by Alana Terry, the suspense was very compelling.
Marla
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book. It was hard to put down. I wanted to see what would happen next. I will definitely be reading more books by this author.
Beverly
Paralyzed is the second book of the Kennedy Stern novel series by Alana Terry. This series runs parallel to another series by the same author. That set involves Kennedy's parents who live in China where they conduct a secret seminary for North Korean refugees. While book 1 and 2 in Kennedy's series works closely together, you can read each one independently of the other. Of course, I think they are best read back to back, since the events only occur six weeks apart.

Kennedy Stern, after having
Deana Dick
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is another great book by an author I am hooked on. I devour each book with anticipation and an adrenaline rush. Her books captivate readers with stories that grab your attention right from the beginning. The characters are well developed and they are very intriguing.

I have come to really like the character named Kennedy. She really has determination and a strong sense of survival. Kennedy is recovering from being kidnapped. I can't imagine the terror she must of felt when someone has your l
Jackie
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paralyzed by Alana Terry is the second book in this entertaining and thrilling series about a bright and resourceful pre-med student at Harvard. Unplanned is the first book in the series, and there are several others.
Having narrowly escaped the clutches of evil schemers in Unplanned, once again Kennedy is thrust into danger and heart-racing action. Vinnie, the murderous thug that nearly cost her life, as well as that of a pregnant teen who had made a hotline call to the center, was safely behind
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
In Paralyzed, Alana Terry deals with the subject of PTSD and counseling. Kennedy has endured much trauma over the past few weeks… and the hits keep coming in the current story. While people closest to her continue to recommend counseling, she insists if she just reads the Bible more and prays more – maybe goes to church more regularly – she will be okay. And yet, we see very plainly that she isn’t. While this thread isn’t resolved yet by the end of Paralyzed, I am interested to see whe
Amy
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-reviews
One of the things I love about Alana' s books is her passion for addressing the tough issues. This girl doesn't back down. She talks about persecution, trafficking, teen pregnancy, abortion, and now post traumatic stress disorder. She bravely brings up questions that could make people uncomfortable or cause controversy. And she does it all through her invigorating storytelling.

This time she has Kennedy, a college student, from a previous novel, suffering from a case of PSTD. In the previous nove
Joan Arning
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Action and danger are in abundance in Paralyzed! Paralyzed continues the story of Kennedy who I met in book one of the Kennedy Stern Christian suspense series. This book deals with post traumatic stress disorder following Kennedy's kidnapping in book one. If you like suspense, you will enjoy this book by Alana Terry. I received this e-book through The Book Club Network. This is my honest opinion.
Emily
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Six weeks after her kidnapping in book one, Kennedy is suffering from PTSD, although she will not admit it. Instead, she is paranoid about everyone around her, and with one of her kidnappers still on the loose, she has a right to be scared, since he will stop at nothing to silence her testimony.

Paralyzed by Alana Terry was an interesting suspense novel. It was not as stressful as Alana Terry’s books that were set in North Korea and China, but it was still filled with suspense and danger. I thin
Jasmine
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Powerful and Moving...

Wow! If I were to use just one word to describe Paralyzed that would be it. Anyone who checks out my reading list for the last 2 or 3 years would quickly see that I am a fan of Alana Terry's novels. And there is a good reason, she is an excellent and talented author. Paralyzed is definite proof of that.

Alana Terry has done the almost unthinkable, she has written a story with raw emotions of real people, not the usual glossy Christian image in suspense novels, but rathe
Melissa
Feb 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Not quite as good as the first, in my opinion, though the suspense was just as much or more. Just lacked a bit of the depth, I think. I did like learning more about PTSD, and it really seemed believable. Though I wondered why Kennedy ran to isolated places, probably the brain just doesn't function logically at those times. Overall, good job, Mrs. Terry!
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Paralyzed
A Kennedy Stern Christian Suspense Novel
By Alana Terry

Kennedy Stern feels that she is being followed. Since she was kidnapped she can't find the peace, the feeling of safety she once had.

Is this feeling of being followed, of being watch all in her head? Or is she really in danger? Those who read Unplanned will know what happened to Kennedy and Paralyzed is the after effect.

Kennedy is just trying to get past her memories. But until people stop recognizing her she knows she'll never be
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
When Alana isn't writing, it's likely that she's on the floor wrestling with her kids. Or playing outside with her kids. Or chauffeuring her kids. Or trying some random science experiment with her kids. But she's probably not cooking or cleaning.

Alana is a homeschooling mother of three who loves to write, hates to cook, and enjoys reading a good book almost as much as she enjoys writing one.

Alana

Kennedy Stern (9 books)
  • Unplanned (Kennedy Stern #1)
  • Policed (Kennedy Stern #3)
  • Straightened (Kennedy Stern #4)
  • Turbulence (Kennedy Stern #5)
  • Infected (Kennedy Stern #6)
  • Abridged (A Kennedy Stern Christian Suspense Novel Book 7)
  • Secluded (A Kennedy Stern Christian Suspense Novel Book 8)
  • Captivated (A Kennedy Stern Christian Suspense Novel Book 9)