Start by marking “Through the Psyche of Ambrosia Part I (Worlds Beyond Scripture, #1)” as Want to Read:
Through the Psyche of Ambrosia Part I (Worlds Beyond Scripture, #1)

Through the Psyche of Ambrosia Part I

(Worlds Beyond Scripture #1)

Raised by his Mothers on the principles of the Goddess, but not one to believe, Ambrosia longs for the day when he can free himself of faith completely. Rituals of invocation, tales of reincarnation, dimensional coalescence, spirits and the astral plane... he never felt or saw anything during these teachings, and certainly nothing that he would consider proof of the lore, ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Through the Psyche of Ambrosia Part I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through the Psyche of Ambrosia Part I

Start your review of Through the Psyche of Ambrosia Part I (Worlds Beyond Scripture, #1)
Jen/The Tolkien Gal/ジェニファー
So a story starts with a jolting fantasy-like first chapter which totally grips you by the throat in its intensity and splendour.Then suddenly you are devoured in a gaping hole of a noir-like scene where a man wakes up hungover in a car, driven by the first woman he ever knew outside of his home, he watches her as her cigarette is expertly and elegantly held in her hand as she explains that he will now begin with his new life.

Wow. And that's just been the first 3 chapters! I love both the myster
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This read was unique!

In this world of possibilities, Ambrosia, there are road leading everywhere. It's all up to you which direction you take. But choose your path wisely and remember your family will always be there to take care of you whenever you reach out for them.

Take hold your dreams and trust in your heart, and you will find what you're looking for.

True to this little snippet from the first chapter
Yoshi
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, I enjoyed reading, I would totally get the second book. Thanks to Goodreads giveaways.
Kayla Krantz
So this is a very different type of read. Right away, as a reader, I was thrown off by the concept of the book starting on chapter three. This book details the journey of a young man who is pulled from his world into the modern day. As he comes to grips with his new life, he is haunted by his past, and must do what he can to adjust and survive.

The way he sees things is fresh and new, especially when it comes to pretty girls. I thought the descriptions throughout the book were beautiful albeit ov
Nic Nacks Corner
I won't bash this book. I just want to say I loved the premises and the idea behind this book, I'm just not a fan of the exicution. Sorry Byron.

I was given this book for an honest review.
Happy Booker
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Through the psyche of Ambrosia is a Paranormal Romance about Ambrosia leaving behind his normal life and entering a world where everything is not so ordinary. A wealthy philanthropist is his ticket to this world. Ambrosia meets two women who happen to be twins, and the dynamic between the three of them begin to take an exciting turn adding some fun to the mixture.

As he is getting used to his new life, there are more things around that he discovers and that makes his existence to be harder than h
Themindofsarah
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, incredibly written and such a unique story. It starts on Chapter 3 (no, you're not missing any pages) and though it takes a bit to set the scene and characters, once it gets going you'll be happy to have stuck with it. I've finished Book 2 on the heels of this one and let me tell you -- it is way faster paced and the story really takes off. I think this will be a series that people talk about for a long time to come and I can't wait to read the next one!
Raya Whitehouse
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

So I got both the audio-book and the written book, and they are both one in the same as it's the same story, but I will try to remember to put both read/listen in even though I listened to it.

So when you read or listen to this book the story actually starts on chapter three which is actually done on purpose. The author describes many things in the book, which can help you visualize what you are listening/reading even better There is so many twists and turns in the book you never know what will b
KatJ
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Through the Pysche of Ambrosia is just that. You are reading the inner voice of an intellectual young man who takes a journey into the outside world after a reclusive upbringing. And since everything is new you are alongside Ambrosia seeing and experiencing everything for the first time in life.

The author writes a linguist feast for the imagination. Many times in the book things are described such that innuendos and metaphors take up a paragraph at a time. Whilst this lends to the uniqueness of
Kelly Channick
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Through the Psyche of Ambrosia is a fast-paced paranormal mystery/romance, that keeps you turning page after page. I was a little confused when the book started on chapter three, but quickly realized that was done on purpose.

The writing was well-done, so much so, that I felt I could sympthathize with Ambrosia and often felt as confused/lost in this new world that he suddenly found himself plopped into. I don't want to give too much away, but with alluring twin sisters, strage dreams, and secret
Josephine Spire
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A compelling paranormal read!

“The journey which took us into the city and towards my new home was one of both wonder and amazement. The lights at the heart of the inner metropolis captured and transfixed me with their brimming spectacle of luminescence .......”

Ambrosia ventures into a new life of adventure and mystery away from his norm, but very soon he discovers how challenging life was going to be. A beautifully written and highly entertaining tale that grips you from start to finish. A must
Maya
Aug 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
***thank you to the author for sending me a free ebook copy in exchange for my review***

I genuinely cannot tell how I feel about this book.

On one hand, it was near impossible to put down, with characters that intrigued me and prose that flowed beautifully, albeit could be considered a bit much by a casual reader.

On the other, watching Ambrosia fall madly in love/lust with every attractive woman who breathes near him was so irritating to read, even if I understand it due to his secluded upbringin
Kelly
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and unique story. This one starts at Chapter 3! The author has a great writing style and there are some twists and turns. I will be reading the second book in this series as I enjoyed this book.

Eleanor
I loved this book ... novel approach starting off with chapter 3. Once I started reading, was hard to put down.... will be looking forward to more reads by this author
Adam Hemminton
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this for free through the Karma book review program in exchange for an honest review.

This was a wonderful read. Without spoiling too much, you'll fall in love with the main character (or maybe I can see myself in it). The world is quite interesting and a bit obscure - but that's to my liking.

I will definitely recommend giving this a try!
Alexandria
Jun 03, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author via Voracious Readers Only.

I feel bad reading the reviews from others about how much they loved the book because I just didn't. As an English teacher, I love a nice, detailed picture of where we, as the reader, are in the novel. However, I felt the novel was almost overly detailed and it took away from the actual premise.

Unfortunately, I can't even tell you what the premise is or even could be. I felt as though Ambrosia is interested i
Bikram
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobookboom
Disclaimer.
I had requested and received audible version of this book for free from the author, in exchange for an unbiased review.

What I liked about the book -
This book is quite unique and different from what I usually get to read. It didn't follow any set formula and charts its own path. The characters are well developed and gritty. The story is very intriguing and captivating, with lots of twists. I liked the author's writing style, which made it a worthwhile reading experience.

What I disliked
Kailyn Cloutier
** I received a complimentary copy of this book via Voracious Readers Only **

Though the synopsis had initially caught my attention, reading this book made me realize it's not for me. I'm someone who loves fantasy, sci-fi, and even contemporaries, but there was just too much bogging this book down for me to properly enjoy it.

One of my primary issues was Fortin's descriptions. The prose in this book is very flowery and long-winded, and while that appeals to some readers, it made this book very dif
MK Whiting
A story that I might have missed the point

The beginning of the book was very interesting. Taking someone to a new place that they had only read about. The experiences were funny and enjoyable.
But the pages and pages of descriptions of a house that did not seem to fit the story
I am not sure where this book was going. It was a journey but to where?
Not sure I want to invest in book 2 of its the same.
The writing style was a grade level of two above mine. Many words I had to assume the meaning of
Petrina Peile
I received a free copy from Voracious Readers Only.
A decriptive narrative that at first intrigued me but my interest waned as I read on without developing a better understanding of what happening. Despite being interested in the outcome of the story, I am not sure that I can be bothered reading on to the next part.
Adria Twyman
Very little happened until the end of the book. Very little romance, just a series of women that the main character thought were attractive. The dialogue was formal and stilted.
A nitpick, there were multiple misspellings with the few french words in the book, for example "bon nuit".
Given a free copy to review.
Lene Lund
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2020
I think the plot is very interesting, but the first book falls to short for the whole worldbuilding and expectations, as well as getting to know the other characters like Mona, Summer and Star. I have started book two and Im hoping there will be more to explore there.

I was given a copy of the book for review.
Pina Mangion
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I started reading my complimentary copy of The the Psyche of Ambrosia, which I received from Voracious Readers Only, I didn't know what to expect. It soon got me in to discover what was in store for Ambrosia. Interesting book.
Wendy Buchanan
I received a free copy from voracious readers. I am sorry but I could not get interested in this book.
Marian Thorpe
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
“A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.” Churchill’s famous description of Russia during World War II also applies to Byron Fortin’s duo of books A Nexus of Numen and A Swain’s Affray under the umbrella title Through the Psyche of Ambrosia. I’m going to be honest and say for a long time I didn’t know what to make of the books; as I worked my way through them – and it was work – at first what I saw was a story of a young man, Ambrosia, raised in a remote location by four women he calls ...more
Deedra
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was more 'involved' than I imagined.I felt lost through all of it. John Joseph Rogers narration seemed fine throughout.I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.' ...more
T.R.D.
Oct 05, 2020
Ennie Paige
Mar 01, 2021
Themindofsarah
Oct 06, 2019
Ashley
Jul 04, 2016

• The Executed Executive (Nosy Parkers Mysteries Book 4)
  • The Dream Defenders
  • The Duke and I: The Princess of Blackmare (Liji Chronicles Book 1)
  • The Eleventh Age
  • Legacy of a King
  • Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children, #5)
  • How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease
  • In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children, #4)
  • The Wasp Factory
  • Fortuna Sworn (Fortuna Sworn, #1)
  • Cryptofauna
  • Mercury Dagger
  • Faraday's Mirror (Faraday's Mirror, #1)
  • Black Halo
  • The Legend of Eloh: The First Tome
  • The Road of Resistance Part I
  • Defiance: A Novel (The Deliverance, #4)
  • Sanctum: Sands of Setesh
Byron Fortin is a North American author of fantasy, suspense, paranormal romance, and supernatural fiction. His background consists of studies in classical literature, theatre, and romantic poetry. Byron also holds degrees in both healthcare and electronic engineering, with a great interest in the future of alternative energies and a passion for the natural sciences. In 2012 he received the Diamon ...more

Worlds Beyond Scripture (4 books)
  • Through the Psyche of Ambrosia: Part II (Worlds Beyond Scripture Book 2)
  • Two if by Dark Reverie: Part I (Worlds Beyond Scripture, #3)
  • Two if by Dark Reverie: Part II (Worlds Beyond Scripture Book 4)