Start by marking “Through the Psyche of Ambrosia Part I (Worlds Beyond Scripture, #1)” as Want to Read:
Through the Psyche of Ambrosia Part I (Worlds Beyond Scripture, #1)

Through the Psyche of Ambrosia Part I

(Worlds Beyond Scripture #1)

Raised by his Mothers on the principles of the Goddess, but not one to believe, Ambrosia longs for the day when he can free himself of faith completely. Rituals of invocation, tales of reincarnation, dimensional coalescence, spirits and the astral plane... he never felt or saw anything during these teachings, and certainly nothing that he would consider proof of the lore, ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Through the Psyche of Ambrosia Part I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through the Psyche of Ambrosia Part I

Start your review of Through the Psyche of Ambrosia Part I (Worlds Beyond Scripture, #1)
Jen/The Tolkien Gal/ジェニファー
So a story starts with a jolting fantasy-like first chapter which totally grips you by the throat in its intensity and splendour.Then suddenly you are devoured in a gaping hole of a noir-like scene where a man wakes up hungover in a car, driven by the first woman he ever knew outside of his home, he watches her as her cigarette is expertly and elegantly held in her hand as she explains that he will now begin with his new life.

Wow. And that's just been the first 3 chapters! I love both the
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This read was unique!

In this world of possibilities, Ambrosia, there are road leading everywhere. It's all up to you which direction you take. But choose your path wisely and remember your family will always be there to take care of you whenever you reach out for them.

Take hold your dreams and trust in your heart, and you will find what you're looking for.

True to this little snippet from the first chapter, or
Yoshi
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, I enjoyed reading, I would totally get the second book. Thanks to Goodreads giveaways.
Kayla Krantz
So this is a very different type of read. Right away, as a reader, I was thrown off by the concept of the book starting on chapter three. This book details the journey of a young man who is pulled from his world into the modern day. As he comes to grips with his new life, he is haunted by his past, and must do what he can to adjust and survive.

The way he sees things is fresh and new, especially when it comes to pretty girls. I thought the descriptions throughout the book were beautiful albeit
Happy Booker
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Through the psyche of Ambrosia is a Paranormal Romance about Ambrosia leaving behind his normal life and entering a world where everything is not so ordinary. A wealthy philanthropist is his ticket to this world. Ambrosia meets two women who happen to be twins, and the dynamic between the three of them begin to take an exciting turn adding some fun to the mixture.

As he is getting used to his new life, there are more things around that he discovers and that makes his existence to be harder than
Nic Nacks Corner
I won't bash this book. I just want to say I loved the premises and the idea behind this book, I'm just not a fan of the exicution. Sorry Byron.

I was given this book for an honest review.
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, incredibly written and such a unique story. It starts on Chapter 3 (no, you're not missing any pages) and though it takes a bit to set the scene and characters, once it gets going you'll be happy to have stuck with it. I've finished Book 2 on the heels of this one and let me tell you -- it is way faster paced and the story really takes off. I think this will be a series that people talk about for a long time to come and I can't wait to read the next one!
Raya Whitehouse
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

So I got both the audio-book and the written book, and they are both one in the same as it's the same story, but I will try to remember to put both read/listen in even though I listened to it.

So when you read or listen to this book the story actually starts on chapter three which is actually done on purpose. The author describes many things in the book, which can help you visualize what you are listening/reading even better There is so many twists and turns in the book you never know what will
Josephine Spire
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A compelling paranormal read!

The journey which took us into the city and towards my new home was one of both wonder and amazement. The lights at the heart of the inner metropolis captured and transfixed me with their brimming spectacle of luminescence .......

Ambrosia ventures into a new life of adventure and mystery away from his norm, but very soon he discovers how challenging life was going to be. A beautifully written and highly entertaining tale that grips you from start to finish. A must
Kelly
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and unique story. This one starts at Chapter 3! The author has a great writing style and there are some twists and turns. I will be reading the second book in this series as I enjoyed this book.

Bikram
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobookboom
Disclaimer.
I had requested and received audible version of this book for free from the author, in exchange for an unbiased review.

What I liked about the book -
This book is quite unique and different from what I usually get to read. It didn't follow any set formula and charts its own path. The characters are well developed and gritty. The story is very intriguing and captivating, with lots of twists. I liked the author's writing style, which made it a worthwhile reading experience.

What I disliked
Lene Lund
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2020
I think the plot is very interesting, but the first book falls to short for the whole worldbuilding and expectations, as well as getting to know the other characters like Mona, Summer and Star. I have started book two and Im hoping there will be more to explore there.

I was given a copy of the book for review.
Wendy Buchanan
I received a free copy from voracious readers. I am sorry but I could not get interested in this book.
Marian Thorpe
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Churchills famous description of Russia during World War II also applies to Byron Fortins duo of books A Nexus of Numen and A Swains Affray under the umbrella title Through the Psyche of Ambrosia. Im going to be honest and say for a long time I didnt know what to make of the books; as I worked my way through them and it was work at first what I saw was a story of a young man, Ambrosia, raised in a remote location by four women he calls the ...more
Deedra
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was more 'involved' than I imagined.I felt lost through all of it. John Joseph Rogers narration seemed fine throughout.I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.'
Oct 06, 2019
Micielle
Leah
Carol McFarlane
Apr 13, 2016

• Shadowcaster (Shattered Realms, #2)
  • Deathcaster (Shattered Realms, #4)
  • Stormcaster (Shattered Realms, #3)
  • Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children, #5)
  • The King of Crows (The Diviners, #4)
  • The Wasp Factory
  • How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease
  • In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children, #4)
  • Disposable Souls
  • Run Away, Lizzy
  • Farewell My Life: Buona Notte Vita Mia
  • Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children, #3)
  • The naughty Naughty Chair
  • Ice Crown (The Elements of Kamdaria 1)
  • The Walking Dead, Compendium 4
  • Sick of Murder  (Witches of Enchanted Bay, #9)
  • Winter of Fire
  • Murder at the Columbarium
Byron Fortin is a North American author of fantasy, suspense, paranormal romance, and supernatural fiction. His background consists of studies in classical literature, theatre, and romantic poetry. Byron also holds degrees in both healthcare and electronic engineering, with a great interest in the future of alternative energies and a passion for the natural sciences. In 2012 he received the ...more

Worlds Beyond Scripture (4 books)
  • Through the Psyche of Ambrosia: Part II (Worlds Beyond Scripture, #2)
  • Two if by Dark Reverie: Part I (Worlds Beyond Scripture, #3)
  • Two if by Dark Reverie - Part II (Worlds Beyond Scripture, #4)

News & Interviews