Start by marking “Cold-Blooded (Jocelyn Rush, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cold-Blooded (Jocelyn Rush, #2)

Cold-Blooded

(Jocelyn Rush #2)

Fourteen years ago, high school track star Sydney Adams was gunned down in Philadelphia's Fairmount Park. The investigation yielded useless clues, and the case went cold. But homicide detective Augustus Knox never gave up on finding Sydney's killer. Now, retired from the police force and with only months to live, he enlists the help of private investigator Jocelyn Rush to ...more
Published December 10th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Cold-Blooded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold-Blooded

Sue
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
COLD-BLOODED by Lisa Regan is a fast-paced mystery, crime suspense thriller with so many twists and revelations that you will find it difficult to put down.

This is the story of “A Dying Drunk’s Last Wish.”

Fourteen years ago, high school track star, Sydney Adams, a teenager, was gunned down in Philadelphia park while out for a jog. There were no leads and it soon became a cold case file.

But Augustus Knox, the lead homicide detective assigned to the case, never gave up on trying to find Sydney’s k
Linda Strong
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Now retired from the police department, Jocelyn has opened her own private investigation office.

Former homicide detective Augustus Knox retired with one cold case still on the books. Now that he has only months to live, he wants Jocelyn to solve the case. Sydney Adams was only 17 when she was ruthlessly gunned down during an evening run.

With nothing to go on except Knox's idea of who the killer was, she has a plan to lure the killer out into the open. But plans always have a way of backfiring ..
Vera (GirlySunglasses)
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of suspense, fans of thrillers

3 and half stars

Fourteen years after the murder of senior student and track star Sydney Adams' murder, the disgraced (and alcoholic) detective who was responsible for the investigation haven't given up on proving Sydney's tracking couch was the person responsible.

With new evidence in hand, he hires Jocelyn Rush - a former police detective, now private investigator - to solve the mystery once and for all. He only has a few months to live and he'd like to see the case closed and justice being serv
Krystin Rachel
Here is a visual representation of how I feel about this book:

Because it's like, a juxtaposition of two feelings and...nevermind.

14 years after the murder of high school track star, Sydney Adams, the former detective-turned-alcoholic who couldn't solve the case, hires P.I. Jocelyn Rush to close the case for him after he's terminally diagnosed, with only 6 months left to live. Justice is his deathbed wish.

This definitely sounded promising, and it did have a lot of good points. The writing isn't
Nancy Thompson
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another winner!

The gripping crime thriller, Cold-Blooded, solidifies author Lisa Regan’s standing as one of the industry’s most accomplished and noteworthy contemporary writers. With everyone and their mother self-publishing these days, we’re often left swimming in a sea of homogenized bunk, so it’s refreshing to discover a writer whose skill and talent rises above it all, like rich cream. But don’t let the analogy trick you, because Regan’s prose is dense with characters that leap off the page
Debbie
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars! I really, really liked this book! I kept going back and forth from two different suspects. It was crazy! Then in the end when the suspect is finally revealed, all the things behind the scenes that were done. This suspect was crazy.

I definitely did not want to put this book down. It was really good and I found myself just flipping through the pages. Unfortunately, I had to put it down every once in a while as I was cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Ugh! However, when I finally got back to
Pamela
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Petra
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Lisa Regan, but definitely not my last. I've already added Hold Still, which includes some of the same characters, to my wish list.
In Cold-Blooded, PI Jocelyn Rush is asked to investigate the cold case of a teenage girl who was shot fourteen years ago. This book had one of the most warped psychopath I've read about in a long time. The most impressive thing for me was how you were aware that this individual was obviously involved in the murder but you could not predict h
Deb
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
I was first introduced to Lisa Regan’s writing about a year and a half ago when I read Hold Still. I was completely engrossed by her ability to go for it with the dark, horrendous crimes being committed in the story. Cold-Blooded continues on with a whole new investigation by Jocelyn Rush.

In my opinion, this is a fantastic way to build a series, while chronologically, Cold-Blooded follows Hold Still, I think that you could read them and any future books with Ms. Rush’s character, in any order. I
Katie Mettner
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm sitting here thinking, "Where do I begin?" as all Lisa Regan books make me wonder. The art of storytelling was not lost on this author and she weaves a tale of lies, infidelity and murder unlike any other. Cold Blooded had everything I look for in a thriller. A plausible plot line, strong detective, twists and turns leaving you sure one minute and unsure the next, and a touch of romance to round things out.

Jocelyn Rush is a scarred detective, mother, and lover, who is faced with the realiti
Joann
This is my second book in this series and I enjoyed it immensely. I hope there is more to follow. The plot is filled with unexpected twists and turns and I just could not figure out who the killer was. It’s a great read, with a great cast of characters, and her characters are well fleshed out. PI Jocelyn Rush is asked to check into a 14 year old cold case. What follows is a very interesting read. Again, I found a lot of unnecessary foul language.
Ferowza Bowren
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Regan is an ace at suspense!

Lisa Regan has very quickly shot to my top list of authors!! I usually look out for names well-known to me like Nora Roberts & Danielle Steele, but am super glad I stumbled across one of her books on Amazon. I could barely put it down, looking forward to lunch breaks at work when I could read! Lisa puts together one helluva plot that will keep you hooked to the very end!
Nicole
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, favorites
First things first: I received an ARC through NetGalley.
The book came out this month and if you like something like that, you should totally check it out.

I'm totally gonna buy a paperback copy of this as soon as it comes out.

It was just that good of a book. I love a good and suspenseful crime book. And this book had everything. It had the right amount of case work, action, and the personal stuff that's going on the characters lifes. That is something I'm always looking for.

I loved Knox, the old
Dana Mason
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I ‘may’ have read this book in one sitting. It is that good. I’m a huge Lisa Regan fan, and I couldn’t wait to read the follow up to Hold Still. The second installment of Jocelyn Rush’s story is so full of terror and tension, you won’t be able to put it down. The calculation that went into this plot is beyond frightening. I don’t normally like thrillers, I don’t like reading about what humans can do to other humans, but Lisa has a way of pulling me into the story quickly and making it impossible ...more
Jody
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I requested to read Cold Blooded by Lisa Regan through NetGalley. I absolutely loved this book and it was very hard to put down. So through the holiday I had to stop reading and it was hard, believe me.
I loved Jocelyn Rush’s character she was a tough but yet sensitive woman. This was my first book by Lisa Regan and it will not be my last, I have found another Author I really enjoyed reading.
This book grabs you from the first page to the very last. There were so many twists and turns, that I wa
Libby
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really had a good time reading this book. It made my flight go by quickly. Yes, it's intense and twisty and turny and the thriller/mystery portion is good. But my favorite parts were those dealing with real-life moments. Mixed in with bullets flying and witnesses lying was a wonderful scene where Jocelyn is interviewing a witness in her home and she sits on the couch and can't get back up gracefully because it's one of those weird couches where you are supposed to perch on the edge of the seat. ...more
Book-Lover Book Blog
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
* ARC Received in exchange for an honest review.*

Lisa Regan is new to me and in my opinion she's right up there with some of my favourite crime writers such as; Lisa Jackson, Kathy Reichs, Karen Slaughter, James Patterson. Etc

This book is fantastic. It definitely keeps you guessing to the very and it's jam packed with drama,twists and turns and everything in between.

Throughout the whole book l felt I was sat on herder hooks waiting for some sort of bOmb to detonate. Every time that bomb does go
Cindy Mathis
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic book! Lisa Regan has written a criminal suspense page turner. I didn't realize it was a series, but the author does a great job keeping the reader informed about what has happened previously without bogging down the current story. With that being said, I'm definitely going to start from the beginning.

Completely flawless plot, strong characters you can get behind, despise, feel sorry for and genuinely like. Just when you think you've figured it all out, there's another turn
Marcie
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a solidly good read. Regan's writing is to-the-point and her plot lines run smooth. As with "Finding Claire Fletcher," I didn't want to stop reading. Definitely a fun read, and I don't want to say more. No spoilers!
M.K. Harkins
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book!! Review to come
Susan Angela Wallace
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cold-blooded by Lisa Regan.
I really enjoyed this book. A thriller of a read that had me gripped. Sydney Adams was 14 years old when she was gunned down. Detective Augustus knox never gave up but the case went cold. Pi jocelyn rush is enlisted to close the case once and for all. Just how far will she go to catch a cold-blooded killer?
I was surprised with who it was. 4*. Netgalley and buoni amici press, llc.
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Dec 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Good writing and solid characters, but the mystery this time around is quite predictable. You can figure out who the culprit really is pretty early in the investigation. And the romance continues to be rushed and out of place.
Donna George
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

I really like this author and she did not disappoint. Kind of guessed ending part way through but still loved this book
John
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: digital, reviews, sfbr
Reviewed for Manhattan Book Review. (will update with link when available)

Upon discovering new evidence, a retired detective with months to live races to catch a high school track star’s killer. Garnering the support of a PI firm, on-duty cops, and loved ones, the detective and allies face off against a ruthless manipulative psychopath to bring young Sydney Adams’ case to a successful close.

“Cold-Blooded” continues the trials and tribulations of Lisa Regan’s previous heroine last seen in “Hold

Heather A
I received a copy from Netgalley.

I watch a lot of crime tv shows and every now and then I delve into detective fiction. This title caught my eye browsing through Netgalley's crime and mystery section. If it was a tv show, I would have watched it. So I put a request in.

It was okay. Heroine was okay, smart enough without acting too reckless and without thought. Though while I liked her tough-as-nails get the job done attitude, I didn't really feel much for her. I found a bit of lack of emotional c
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of Cold-Blooded from NetGalley for an honest review and this is my review.
All I can say is wow. I was not able to put this book down it was that good. I have never read anything from Lisa Regan but after reading Cold-Blooded I am definitely going to find more of her books because her books are awesome.
Now for this book. I really don't want to get into it that much because I hate giving spoilers but I will say I loved the characters in this book. Jocelyn and Knox are an unlikel
Kimberly
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

4.5 Hearts WOW! What a great story. This story kept me on the edge of my seat. I haven’t read any of the other books by Regan and my understanding is Joelyn was introduced in an earlier story but this story was read as a stand alone and was fine.

I enjoyed the characters very much. They are real down-to-earth people. They aren’t written to be the people the reader wants to become. They are written to let the reader know there are real people in this world
The Badger
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great Detective Jocelyn Rush book! I have to read these in one sitting because they're so fast paced. Also, the issue of the missing contractions in the writing that I pointed out in the first book has been (nearly) corrected. The author probably didn't get a chance to watch the Electric Company as a kid, so I'm going easy on her...

The only criticism I have is Jocelyn's tendency to either show up to save the day or have someone else show up to save her about three seconds before impendin
Petula
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oooh, a marvellous murder/mystery.
Jocelyn Rush is a P.I. . An old, drunk, retired detective has come to her with a cold case. He destroyed his life trying to prove who killed a teenage girl, but has just been given, what might be a clue. He is dying and can't possibly follow up. He begs her to solve it for him. This case has unexpected dangers for those investigating.
There are lots of interesting characters in this story. Our heroine has a troubled history, and complicated family. She is a goo
  • The Rose Red Reaper (Chicago Serial Crimes, #1)
  • Dead Ringers (Black Swann Investigations #1)
  • My Name is Nelson
  • Murder in the Generative Kitchen
  • NOT A BOOK: Tear Drop
  • The Schwarzschild Radius
  • Made in Bionia
  • Blind Rage (Bernadette Saint Claire #2)
  • After She's Gone (DI Matthew Adams, #1)
  • Missing
  • Bird of Prey (Sémya Slotin Mystery, #1)
  • The Starlight Club
  • Jack Canon's American Destiny
  • Blood Runs Cold (Detective Anna Gwynne, #2)
  • Bad Moon (Kat Campbell #2)
  • The Lies Within (DI Will Jackman #3)
  • None Shall Sleep
  • In the Line of Duty (Madison Knight #7)
Lisa Regan is a suspense novelist. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in English and Master of Education Degree from Bloomsburg University. She lives in Philadelphia with her husband and daughter.

Jocelyn Rush (2 books)
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)